• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Left Hand AIAW

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
Took my lefty AIAW 308 to the range on Saturday. Shooting 168FGMM. This thing rocks. I've only got 400 rounds through it and getting a feel for the trigger. My favorite part of AI rifles is the way the bolt locks up. It's got a short throw 3 lug bolt that feels like a vault door when it clicks shut.

I mostly shot offhand, kneeling or seated. Targets at 200 and 300.

AIAW_viper1.jpg

AIAW_Viper2.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrKWO59epOQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrKWO59epOQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Left Hand AIAW

What range is that? Is it Angeles? Looking at your setup makes me want Viperskins and some spacers foe my MK3
frown.gif

How does your new cheek piece feel? Is there any spring to it? After about 3 hours and 100 - 150 rounds I get a bruise from the hard plastic. Not a big deal but the next day I go and pick up my rifle I notice it. Think your new cheek piece would help?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Napsters</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What range is that? Is it Angeles? Looking at your setup makes me want Viperskins and some spacers foe my MK3
frown.gif

How does your new cheek piece feel? Is there any spring to it? After about 3 hours and 100 - 150 rounds I get a bruise from the hard plastic. Not a big deal but the next day I go and pick up my rifle I notice it. Think your new cheek piece would help? </div></div>

Hi Napster,

Thanks! Yes that is Angeles. I go there just about every weekend. Our grippy cheekrest is not necessarily springy... but it does have a 'softer' feel sorta like your cheek is taking a vacation on a bed of goodness. Hope that helps.

Tell you what-- try it and if you don't like it, I will refund your money PLUS shipping.

MV

I sold my other rigs and ordered a LH AIAW last month from mile high, because I seen Michaels and I just had to have one just like it. Might have it by next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rak187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sold my other rigs and ordered a LH AIAW last month from mile high, because I seen Michaels and I just had to have one just like it. Might have it by next year. </div></div>

Good choice! The left handed rigs are hard to come by-- you are going to love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If y'all ever need a Lefty action wrench, I can hook you up. </div></div>

Will do!

Nice rifle Michael, you also had a 10/22 also right? I was a few benches down from you shooting a Sako TRG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Majik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle Michael, you also had a 10/22 also right? I was a few benches down from you shooting a Sako TRG. </div></div>

Yes-- I love that 10/22, it's surprisingly accurate. Next time you see me, come over and say hi. I know your name from the 1911 boards-- you have the well worn Les Baer right? (plus a lot of other nice gear if I remember correctly : )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a couple of Badgers I just built but I would like to get an AW for my collection. Thinking about that 260 I saw on one of the vendors website. </div></div>

it's worth getting the AW if you can.