• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lessons learned

Scarface26

knuckle dragger
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Southeast OK
Gents,

I wanted to summarize a few obvious lessons I've learned over the years, and that this forum has reinforced.

1. Be a shooter of guns more than you are a purchaser of guns.

2. Learn from someone better than you.

3. Dry fire.

4. If you don't have the best gear, be the best with what you have. There have been plenty of powerlifting and olympic lifting records set by guys training in their garages with a bar and plates. One the same note, you're probably not going to win at Camp Perry with the rifle you bought at Academy, but you can get pretty darn good with it. One of my mentors would routinely shoot clay pigeons at 600 yards with a plain vanilla Remington 700 using his loads in .308. Thanks, Frank for the Warner flatline article.

5. Money is best spent on ammo, knowledge, and time, NOT more stuff. Unless you're a chick. Then it's in your DNA.

6. If it's important to you, you will make time for it.

Thanks and God bless America

But all the cool gear makes me look like an operator!

Hoo-Ray!
(Isn't that what the Seals say? I think I saw that on TV). Hoo-Ray!!!!

Best lesson Ive learned is "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction."

Everything else seems to hinge on that one.

I have wasted thousands on hardware that I should have spent on training. Well, at least I have some nice guns. Now to learn how to shoot them.

God bless America