• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Let's see your NV gear and kill pics

Re: Let's see your NV gear and kill pics

Here is one from last weekend and a few from this weekend. Complete with tactical golf cart.

20120519_001217.jpg

20120527_022957.jpg

20120527_002729.jpg

20120526_232642.jpg

These weren't night kills but I was prepared with the laser designator.. Unfortunately these pigs came out at 6:20pm well before dark.
photo.jpg

First night home in two months, and it was a good one.
Good times!
88854194.jpg

Photo-0020.jpg

14 hogs on the ground,4 in the woods, 6 taken standing the rest on the run after the fun started

3 More down, this time with SSA factory 140 VLD's. As usual, the Pinnacle ITT D-740- equipped 6.8 SBR made good hits out to 150 yards that night, with 7 more killed for a total of 10. Thanks TNVC
smile.gif

SSA140VLD.jpg

Right after sundown last night I had the FoxPro Prairie Blaster on Bay Bee Cottontail for about 5 minutes when I picked up a heat signature on the FLIR PS 32 at about 300 yards out.

Switched over to the ITT Pinnacle PVS-14 with LDI DBAL-I2 IR 0.7mW laser and shot him in the shoulder with a handloaded Barnes 70 grain TSX @ 175 yards, he spun and died right there.
laugh.gif

556%20&%20FLIR.jpg

NV%20Coyote%202.jpg

Not everyday your get to see a Baby Browning .25 ACP Night Vision Trophy pic!

Using the ITT-PVS-14 helmet mounted, it is a great way to decrease these vermin on the farm, on a good night we usually nail 5-6.

The armadudes are easy to take out with the FLIR PS 32 Thermal, they can run but they sure cannot hide because they light up like a sore thumb!
blush.gif

Armadude%20Browning%2025.jpg

Loaded up 50 rounds of Barnes .224 70 grain TSX yesterday afternoon and went out with the A-Alpha Helmet, PVS-14, DBAL-I2 last night.

No sooner did I get 100 yards out in the woods that a whole pack of coyotes went off howling and yipping at me about 50 yards deep in the woods to my right.

Walked further down the forest road jeep trail and three bright eyes came running down the middle of the road right at me.

I could easily see their eyes with the PVS-14 over my non-dominate eye and the 850nm IR flashlight beaming from the front rail.

Turned on the DBAL-I2 IR laser and put it on the rear coyotes glowing retinas and pulled the trigger at about 75 yards.

Only got one as the others scattered into the deep brush, and I'll be dogged as it turned out to be a nice 35 pound BLACK female!

Dominic%20&%20Me.jpg

Sig%20&%20Black%20Coyote.jpg

Black%20Yote%20Head.jpg

Me%20&%20Black%20coyote.jpg

We walked out about 2.5 miles on way into Topical Storm Beryl last night hog hunting with the PVS-14s, IR lasers, FLIR PS32 thermal, and some new knee high snake boots and managed to harvest this nice sow at about 50 yards using the NV gear after we spotted her with the thermal.

We got pretty well soaked but had a blast and made it home to process the hogs @ 4AM.....

Dom%20&%20Nick.jpg

Hog%20NV.jpg

Nick%20Hog.jpg

Dom%20Dragging%20Hog.jpg

Hog%20Truck%20Nick%20Dom.jpg

DOM%20Web.jpg

Just a few taken with the Raytheon W1000.
IMG_1105copy.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1160copy.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the impactzone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got to love that thermal, nice hogs </div></div>
Yes Sir! I like how fast you can get on the next target.

Hope it's cool to post borrowed gear in here. Hope to have my own NV one of these years. We search and do most of the initial spotting with a FLIR camera then stalk with the ARs and NV.

WhenPigsDie-6.jpg

WhenPigsDie-5.jpg

WhenPigsDie-4-1.jpg

WhenPigsDie-3-1-1.jpg

WhenPigsDie-1.jpg

Had 5 confirmed kills out of 6 spotted last night. The one that made it out of the field did have a few extra holes in it though. It was a good night. Got rid of some crop killers and fed a few families. Not to mention how the adrenalin kicks in when flames fly from barrels. On the group of small ones we stalked up to within 75 yards and counted down. There were a lot of holes in those 4. One almost made it off the field with several bullets in it and one got away while we all focused on him. 75 grain 556's and 130 grain 308 Arrow rounds. The big one had three guns on him and no rounds passed through him. I am 6'3 and 240. He was over 250. You can see his last meal was my buddies families wheat crop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hdfireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a few taken with the Raytheon W1000.
IMG_1105copy.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1160copy.jpg
</div></div>

Ya know, 7 of 10 HOGS must be gone right now just to keep the population stable... So saith, the Texas Department of Fish and Game!

Also watch for the Snakes

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II APLHA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IPSC_GUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Ya know, 7 of 10 HOGS must be gone right now just to keep the population stable... So saith, the Texas Department of Fish and Game!

Also watch for the Snakes

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II APLHA </div></div>

I'll let someone else keep them stable while I go for the 10 outta 10!
grin.gif

My hunting buddy went out with our NV gear last night and nailed a nice boar with his Marlin .357 lever action, here is his story:

<span style="font-style: italic">After a light rain stopped last night, I went down the hill to see if anything was stirring. Plenty of hog tracks were around , but I did not see any at first. As I turned to go back to the house, I spotted a black patch through the underbrush. I waited and a browsing boar walked past a small bush hiding itself behind the next larger bush. I did not think he had seen me, so I readied my Marlin 1894C chambered in a 357 magnum hand gun round. Cocking the trigger, my hand loaded 158 grain Sierra copper jacket soft point round with Herc 2400 powder was at the ready. Patience paid off as he slowly walked out from behind the larger stand of brush, giving me an instant to place the sights on the front chest of the boar. Sending the shot downrange, it was all over in an instant.

Jason is 6’2” and in the mid 200’s posing with the boar before he became select cuts … that is a big pig (the one with the long black hair).</span>
shocked.gif

Dom%20Hog%206%207%202012.JPG

Dom%20357%20158gr%20soft%20point.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkyPup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My hunting buddy went out with our NV gear last night and nailed a nice boar with his Marlin .357 lever action, here is his story:

<span style="font-style: italic">. I did not think he had seen me, so I readied my Marlin 1894C chambered in a 357 magnum hand gun round. Cocking the trigger, my hand loaded 158 grain Sierra copper jacket soft point round with Herc 2400 powder was at the ready. </span>
</div></div>

Anything special in how that NV is mounted on that lever gun?

No, he had the PVS-14 over his dominant eye on his helmet mount and used the iron sights, not ideal but doable for him to take out the boar hog with it at close range of about 75 feet. This was the first time he tired it out and it apparently worked for him, I'll see him tomorrow night and get the actual low down from the horses mouth...

Not an NV kill but pretty kewl none the less!

Another friend stalked this one to 30 yards at dawn and in the light rain this morning (6:30 a.m.).

At the shot the sow jumped and trotted 8 yards, then started walking sideways, turned in a circle and dropped. All within sight.

The 125 grain SpitFire broadhead was devastating on this 120 lb sow.

These crossbows are phenomenal weapons!
eek.gif

Crossbow is a TenPoint Turbo XLT II.

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=389

Crossbow.jpg

Was on my stand @ 9:30PM tonight with my SIG 556 with the ITT PVS-14 mounted on the rail and the DBAL-I2 IR Laser. The magazine was filled with handloaded Barnes 70 grain TSX bullets.

I was using a FLIR PS-32 to scan for any heat signatures and a couple of does, rabbits and coons had been milling around when I noticed a large hot object coming out of the tree canopy into the opening near my game feeder.

Turned on the PVS-14 for ID and it was a nice big boar about 375 pounds, slipped a hot round into his lungs right behind his shoulder right at 185 yards using the DBAL-I2 IR laser and he ran about 50 feet and spun in a circle and died.

Lots of fine BBQ from this one, he will feed quite a few!

NV%20Hog2.jpg

NV%20Hog%20Grapple.jpg

The tenderloins on this boar were three feet long!
grin.gif

Here is the 70 grain Barnes TSX bullet recovered from the 375 pound boar shot @ 185 yards after it toasted both lungs and embedded in the shield on the other side:

Barnes%2070gr%20TSX.jpg

Barnes%2070%20gr%20TSX.jpg

One 6.8 round, THREE pigs. Not a NV shot, but this is the rare exception for Wild River Ranch, and I thought I just had to share this one as we recovered the bullet.

3 hogs came up to the feeder in which we were sitting, just before dark. A sounder of about 20 pigs ran out, and my friend raised the 6.8 Bolt gun, shooting a 110 TTSX with my hand load of 29 grains Re 10X. He waited until he thought he had at least two lined up and shot. We heard one squeal, and we waited.

About ten minutes later we walk up to find three pigs laying there with holes in them from one round!

DSCF5034.jpg

Here is the 110 TTSX:

DSCF5042.jpg

Very Nice!
eek.gif

And that Barnes TSX performed exactly as you would expect.

I have not managed a triple, but I have killed two hogs with one shot three times now....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkyPup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very Nice!
eek.gif

And that Barnes TSX performed exactly as you would expect.

I have not managed a triple, but I have killed two hogs with one shot three times now.... </div></div>

Indeed, it sure does.

Leave it to Wild River Ranch to continue their years of some of the best hog hunting guide service. Their facility is top notch.

It's great to see them a Sponsor of the Hide and we recommend anyone wanting a first class hunt to book with them.

coyote4002.jpg

singel out of a triple called in , ps32 located shot off hand 100yards D760 243win 58gr v-max superformance DRT 44lb male

Impact, I called one in last night too and and nailed him at about 75 yards, I could hear the bullet hit him but I could not find him in the tall dog-fennel's even with the PS-32....the buzzards will though.

I have shot the 6.8 with Barnes X bullets for years that combo makes a deadly system!

photo4.jpg

one of the 4 little piggys taken in daylight with the D760 out to 150 yards, had been told I needed to work on my Captian Morgan stance

This dog took a Barnes 70 grain TSX through the shoulder @ 190 yards at 10PM right where I was aiming. He came in to Cotton Tail Duet.

The Eotech and 3X Magnifier is just perfect for this FLIR T-50 clip-on thermal.

T50%20Coyote%20NV.jpg

T50%20Coyotr%20Light.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkyPup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This dog took a Barnes 70 grain TSX through the shoulder @ 190 yards at 10PM right where I was aiming. He came in to Cotton Tail Duet.

The Eotech and 3X Magnifier is just perfect for this FLIR T-50 clip-on thermal.

T50%20Coyote%20NV.jpg

T50%20Coyotr%20Light.jpg
</div></div>

Great shoot report!

Vic

Looks like pulled pork BBQ to me
smile.gif
I have been getting tons of hog pics on my cell trail camera last few days this weekend I am going after them FLIR and D-740 style!

These hogs are wrecking our corn crop! The one in the corn, I shot at a hunch. I saw him run in the rows before I got to him, and bythe time I made it to his location all I could see was a barely audible black spot in the corn. I triple tapped it and the spot didn't move. But aprox 30yds in the dense corn, there he was....dead!!
The PVS-14 is really a performer.
06f9d9ca.jpg

ceb1439c.jpg

273 lb boar from last weekend

Got the D-740 from HTR @ Wild River Ranch with a smoking hand select tube.

No moon, very rural BFE location, no illuminator. Spotted with FLIR HS-307 at about 350yds. We then stalked in to about 50 yds. for the shot.

One in the neck with a hand loaded Hornady 120gr SST, 12.5" 6.8 SPC, DRT.

MarkHogBigBoar-small-cleaned.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShrockWorks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 273 lb boar from last weekend

Got the D-740 from HTR @ Wild River Ranch with a smoking hand select tube.

No moon, very rural BFE location, no illuminator. Spotted with FLIR HS-307 at about 350yds. We then stalked in to about 50 yds. for the shot.

One in the neck with a hand loaded Hornady 120gr SST, 12.5" 6.8 SPC, DRT.

MarkHogBigBoar-small-cleaned.jpg
</div></div>

Nice!! Another big boy, that won't be tearing up any more crops.

That is a big arse boy (the one without the goatee...), nice shooting!

How do you like that FLIR HS-307 compared to the PS-32???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkyPup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a big arse boy (the one without the goatee...), nice shooting!

How do you like that FLIR HS-307 compared to the PS-32??? </div></div>

Never looked through a PS-32. The HS-307 is the long range champ of anything under $10K or so I've seen. Awesome for open areas and long distances. It is very good at that job. You would not want to try to walk around in the woods with it though, too much magnification.

BTW, the one with the gotee is 6'5". : )

haha, thanks for the feedback. I know everything is bigger out there in Texas for sure now!
grin.gif

I like the PS-32 for picking things up for further investigation, the HS-307 must be killer.

Would like to be able to use one on one of our hunts to see how it performs so I'd know how badly I need it...
laugh.gif

The H-307 is very nice I have the PS32 and my hunting buddy had a H-307 all fall but just sold it and bought a M24 640x480 viewer. The H-307 is a great long range viewer it kicks the butt of my PS32 at longer range and the 30hz is better also on moving game or sweeping fields quickly for critters. That said its "alot bigger" unit than the PS32 or M24 and the 307 does suffer from narrow FOV up close or in the woods. My buddy sold his 307 because he wanted a smaller thermal mono that could fit into a BDU pocket or small fanny pack if needed and we really only need thermal for detection/spotting since we perfer to use I2 for follow up and the M24 and PS32 both detect critters well at our normal hunting ranges of 25-400 yards.I used his new M24 Friday night maybe 15-20 minutes it was hard for him to share his brand new toy first night out :)I can't say I blame him. I should get some more M24 use on the coming weekends hunting hogs but from my limited use I was very impressed with the M24 housing and 640x480 imager. We did shoot four hogs in 3 hours before the bitting bugs ran use back to the house.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ikqXNtXIZ0w&"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ikqXNtXIZ0w&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I need to work on gathering some good kill shot footage.

We got two more hogs and a yote last night.

NVyote.jpg

We spotted it with thermal then my buddy Paul called him in. He came running to a rabbit distress mouth call. Tim, on the left, rolled him up with a running shot. He tried to get up and I smoked him with a 125 grain TSX out of Hunter's 308 Arrow.

NVyote2.jpg

Here is Hunter after putting down one of the hogs that made it off of the field. Paul, our human bloodhound found the trail then we went into the thick stuff after it.

NVpig.jpg

We are seeing a decrease in pigs in the places we hunt the most and one of our friends says he has no crop damage for the first time in years.

gunner2.png

New Mexico with Tony Tebbe at perdatro unisveristy and the master coyote dog Gunner

Uh Oh...
eek.gif

I am going to have to really burn some time out in the woods to try to keep up with Impact now that he's done gone professional on me....
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkyPup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh Oh...
eek.gif

I am going to have to really burn some time out in the woods to try to keep up with Impact now that he's done gone professional on me....
blush.gif
</div></div>

We're all in trouble now!