• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your trainers

Re: Lets see your trainers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So aheavy barrel isnt really needed?
</div></div>

needed for what?

I called Lilja about getting a heavy barrel before I ever shot my Quad. When I initially called Lilja, they said it was a minimum of a three month wait for a barrel so I told them to go ahead and put me on the list for one when they got them. In the mean time, I ordered and took delivery of the Manners stock and had the factory barrel threaded for the Spectre - I wasn't about to wait 12 weeks to shoot the rifle just because it didn't have an aftermarket barrel on it.

After my first 20 minutes at the range I knew I'd be canceling that Lilja order as the accuracy was quite satisfactory for my purposes. Would the Lilja barrel be even better? I don't know, I don't have one. For what they cost, I'd certainly hope so, but if I can knock 10 12-gauge shells off a fence at 100 yards with a 10-shot magazine in the Quad with the factory barrel, that's adequate for my needs. I'm not competing with it, nor do I have any intention to. I shoot the Quad as it's cheaper to run than my TRG-22.

I did have my local gunsmith do some work on the extractor as it initially had some extraction issues but it will now pull anything out of the tube, no matter how long it's been since the last cleaning (well, actually, I've yet to clean it, it just keeps on running fine).

You'd need to talk to someone who has both barrels and has spent time shooting them both. The group buy that happened on here furnished a lot of ready-to-play rifles with the replacement barrels but I'm sure there are a few folk who have mileage on both tubes.

I should also add that having shot this rifle exclusively with a can on the end of it, I have very little desire to try it unsuppressed (or any other .22 without a can for that matter).

why dont you like shooting without the can. Its only a 22
wink.gif

Here in the high desert of Nevada colors look like dying vegetation.
The trainer is a custom win 75 in original stock free floated and pillar bedded. Next to another frequently used stick.

33kqgjn.jpg

91h47o.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Click on the Pic</span>

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why dont you like shooting without the can. Its only a 22
wink.gif
</div></div>

Have you spent much time firing .22 pistols and rifles with a suppressor on them?

nope, Ive only shot 22 pistols and rifles without cans. We cant have cans in michigan. They arent loud at all.

_MG_0596.JPG

First 5 5rd groups from the rifle @ 50 yds. Going left to right, bottom to top (bottom left is first group, top left is last group). She tightened up nicely as the lube settled in.

SakoTarget.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nope, Ive only shot 22 pistols and rifles without cans. We cant have cans in michigan. </div></div>

Well, my sympathies. A .22 bullet impacting a paper target at 100 yards is louder than the report of the pistol/rifle if the weapon is wearing a decent suppressor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They arent loud at all. </div></div>

Your ears, your policies.

Its really not loud at all. Should I be worried about this? I can hear well, and I have no troubles hearing quiet noises.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
_MG_0596.JPG

First 5 5rd groups from the rifle @ 50 yds. Going left to right, bottom to top (bottom left is first group, top left is last group). She tightened up nicely as the lube settled in.

SakoTarget.gif
</div></div>

lol...she tightened up nicely as the lube settled in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1917</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here in the high desert of Nevada colors look like dying vegetation.
The trainer is a custom win 75 in original stock free floated and pillar bedded. Next to another frequently used stick.

33kqgjn.jpg

91h47o.jpg

</div></div>

50 yard groups tighten up as sighted in left to right. Wolf extra match without resizing, sorting,or lithium lube. Not bad for a 70 year old barrel.
25jifed.jpg

Cool stuff guys. What is a good stock pack that isnt really expensive?

is that a 10/22 (as much as i hate to say it)"muzzle brake"?

did you happen to notice if groups before and after had changed for the better, and is acting like a barrel tuner?

Yes it's a 10/22 (and I'm glad to say it) muzzle brake. It is probably a Volquartsen Stabilization Module as they call them. I have one on a 10/22 and one on the 77/22 I rebuilt. Not that a 22 would need a muzzle brake though. But one thing I have found out with them is that when subsonic ammo is used the report of the round is actually cut down. Shooting both of my rifles yesterday I could hear the bullet hit at 100yds. It didn't quieten down like a can would but it did reduce the report.

That's my Marlin 917 .17hmr with the Volquartsen 10/22 muzzle brake. I custom made a little adaptor to clamp it to the muzzle. I did various tests with and without it, and it really did not seem to effect accuracy for me at all. Just looks pretty cool. But I ended up removing it because for some reason it made my .17hmr sound like a damn shotgun. Not cool when neighbors with barking dogs are somewhat near by haha.

It would sound louder with the hyper velocity ammo of the .17. I know when I would shoot hi speed 22 thru my rifles it didn't change the sound like it did with the subsonics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another one of APA's fine works

6p7zwl.jpg
</div></div>
Can i get some specs on this rifle. VERY NICE!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nope, Ive only shot 22 pistols and rifles without cans. We cant have cans in michigan. They arent loud at all. </div></div>

Huh? What? What did you say???

Over a period of time it will take it's toll..................

Keith

Given I already have the pics for another thread, let's post them here too.
New CM-2 from MT Guns. $600 shipped. Tac driver.

cimg0498b.jpg

cimg0499j.jpg

cimg0500z.jpg

cimg0501wf.jpg

cimg0502i.jpg

cimg0503p.jpg

cimg0504t.jpg

cimg0505g.jpg

cimg0506.jpg

cimg0507h.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nope, Ive only shot 22 pistols and rifles without cans. We cant have cans in michigan. They arent loud at all. </div></div>

Huh? What? What did you say???

Over a period of time it will take it's toll..................

Keith </div></div>Ill start using hearing protection more

Not the greatest pic, but only one I have. Another APA Quad with 8.5-25x Mark 4.
DSC01554.jpg

Awesome rifle. I like the stock pack. Wered you get it?

The CM-2 is really a great .22 and Mac Tilton at MT Guns is a great guy to deal with. We use the CM-2 rifles in the Junior Program here in AZ.

Sako Quad action
Rimfire Tech. bottom metal
McM HTG std fill w/3 studs & 2 flush cups-LH in 34% Black, 33% OD, 33% Grey
Lilja barrel finshed @ 21"
APA bolt knob
Falcon Menace 4-14X42
Seeekins Low rings
US Optics 20MOA base
US Optics swivel level
Harris 6-9 swivel-notched, pod-loc on order
Accu Shot BT0-4

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another one of APA's fine works

6p7zwl.jpg
</div></div>
Can i get some specs on this rifle. VERY NICE!! </div></div>

Anschutz 1517 MPR/17HMR, Millett angle-loc medium rings, Brunton 3-9x40mm scope

17hmr007.jpg

17hmr006.jpg

my first question is, how do you guys and where do you guys get the kick butt stocks for the 22s? they look like mcmillans or similair. i have a remington 597 magnum and cannot find anything for a stock fo it. i would love a mcmillan or similair or even an aics stock for it. any help would rock.

Anschutz 1712 .22lr McMillan fiberglass-graphite pillar bedded stock. leupold 6.5x20 EFR.
AIAW .308 S&B 5x25 PMII
t0q2jt.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp_colt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anschutz 1712 .22lr McMillan fiberglass-graphite pillar bedded stock. leupold 6.5x20 EFR.
</div></div>

Sounds like someone shoots sillywet too!