• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Leupold Scope Magnification Question

USAF SP

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2011
Western Washington
Looking for a little advice. I currently have a Leupy MK 4 4.5-14X50 on my Savage 10 FCP-McMillan 308. I plan on putting that scope on a SA Super Match I just picked up. I want some more magnification for the bolt gun and am 80% decided on getting the Leupy Mk 4 6.5-20. Question I have is there a good argument to be made to opt for the Leupy 8.5-25?

The majority of my shooting is at 600m and in. I do have the opportunity to shoot out to 1000m a couple time a year. I haven't competed in any local matches (only military stuff) but I plan to eventually. All my shooting is just recreational or with the teams I help train before they deploy.

I am a fan of Leupold, I've been shooting them for years, have them on all my rifles, and have never been let down by one. I am also comfortable with SFP and mil dots.

Any comments/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

Rich

Re: Leupold Scope Magnification Question

I own both scopes, and the 6.5-20 is my go to scope for anything closer than 1400yds. I only need the added extra power that the 8.5-25 at TVP in Ohio while shooting their 1760yd range. There will be a lot of people who will tell you that you really only need 10X out to 1000, but that depends on target size and personal preference....

JM2C