• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lightest LPVO (that will hold zero)

Nivium

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2020
Any opinions on the lightest or a very lightweight LPVO (current or old production) that will still hold zero through some serious abuse/vibrations? I'm willing to sacrifice glass quality and tracking for these characteristics, but I am hoping to find something with a true 1x low-end magnification and illumination, if possible. I understand the Leupold LPVOs are very lightweight, but I don't know anything about their ability to hold zero on long car/ATV rides and I don't know if they have a 1x model or illumination.

Something less than $1,500 would be great. Thanks

Trijicon tr24 with a triangle 🔺

This is what I've been looking at--the lightest I've found so far. Any idea how well it holds zero? Aren't there some leupold models (maybe older) that are lighter, at around 9 oz?

Thanks

They were used pretty extensively in 3gun and seemed to hold up good. I believe they're Japanese made LOW scopes. I have the 1-6. The 1-4 is a lot lighter and paired with the battery free illumination its hard to beat for a truck gun.

This is what I've been looking at--the lightest I've found so far. Any idea how well it holds zero? Aren't there some leupold models (maybe older) that are lighter, at around 9 oz?

Thanks

The Leupold Mark 3HD is listed at 9.6oz, but it isn't true 1x on the lower end.

This TR24 has been mine since it just was released as a new model. Can't remember that far back . 4 carbine classes, 10k rounds across 3 different uppers. I trust it holding zero enough to mount it on my current GoTo KAC upper. And I could have easily bought something higher end . For contact to 300 yards its simple, fast and works . Even in low light , its always usable. Could it use more FOV ? Definitely, but its the sum of all its strengths that make it an outstanding choice.

Attachments

• 20210703_170237~3.jpg
    20210703_170237~3.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 588
Last edited: