• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Charging handle is in the mail. Everything now except the BGC. I also have a 20" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel.

No BGC. :cautious: I do have a Larue 308 BGC somewhere, if I can find it. Anyone know if that will work?

IMG_1482.jpeg

Charging handle is in the mail. Everything now except the BGC. I also have a 20" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel.

No BGC. :cautious: I do have a Larue 308 BGC somewhere, if I can find it. Anyone know if that will work?

View attachment 7801544

Never used a larue but I have used dpms pattern bolts and bcg in mws uppers np

Reactions: Woollymonster
I have read the Lantac BCG works, but that's $300 I could be spending towards an LMT so I haven't built another rifle.

Factory 20 inch SS 308 barrel (might be fucked due to internal rust from humid storage conditions in Georgia while I was on a rotation to Korea, I need to test for accuracy again, if it is fucked then I might get a D. Wilson Proof 6.5CM barrel conversion)
Precision Armament Hypertap muzzle brake
Harris 9-13 bipod with picatinny adapter
NF ATACR 4-16x42 MIL-XT with NF mount
Geissele Hi-Speed National Match trigger

Total weight 14.8 lbs unloaded
20220206_122825.jpg

I got my dream rifle thanks to a lot of knowledge from this forum, thank you guys.

Factory 20 inch SS 308 barrel (might be fucked due to internal rust from humid storage conditions in Georgia while I was on a rotation to Korea, I need to test for accuracy again, if it is fucked then I might get a D. Wilson Proof 6.5CM barrel conversion)
Precision Armament Hypertap muzzle brake
Harris 9-13 bipod with picatinny adapter
NF ATACR 4-16x42 MIL-XT with NF mount
Geissele Hi-Speed National Match trigger

Total weight 14.8 lbs unloaded
View attachment 7804423
I got my dream rifle thanks to a lot of knowledge from this forum, thank you guys.

Awesome. I have a 1-8 ATACR on mine, but I feel the 4-16x42 is the best optic for this platform.

Is anyone using a NF NX8 4-32 on their MWS?

I need to go glass shopping. What are the top recommendations?
What kind of a budget are you working with?

I'm using a schmidt&bender pm2 ultra short, with msr reticle. The thing is a laser.

Semper fi
Horner

Any issues with having a bit less thread for a suppressor muzzle device?

It was concentric and shot okay (2.5" down diagonally) but just thinking about long term use.

The grey shim is required to clear the handguard with the can.

20220212_031743.jpg

Any issues with having a bit less thread for a suppressor muzzle device?

It was concentric and shot okay (2.5" down diagonally) but just thinking about long term use.

The grey shim is required to clear the handguard with the can.

View attachment 7808620

What barrel length and handguard are you trying to clear?

We aren't big fans of PA shims in our shop, they tend to crush like a crush washer. We also don't recommend ever shimming anything but the bare minimum for timing. More shims = less threads and a higher chance of mis-alignment.

What barrel length and handguard are you trying to clear?

We aren't big fans of PA shims in our shop, they tend to crush like a crush washer. We also don't recommend ever shimming anything but the bare minimum for timing. More shims = less threads and a higher chance of mis-alignment.

16" CL barrel trying to clear the 15.5" handguard. I want to replace it with an 18" but haven't seen any available.

That's good to know about the PA shims. I was trying to avoid stacking a bunch of surefire shims, but that may be a better solution.

Without the PA shim it ends up just barely clearing the handguard. A few sheets of paper of distance from the end of the can to the handguard.

What kind of a budget are you working with?

I'm using a schmidt&bender pm2 ultra short, with msr reticle. The thing is a laser.

Semper fi
Horner
Up to around $2500 and doesn't need to be new. Maybe more if I felt I was getting a deal on something.

I'm on the east coast and my club range is limited to 300, so I'd like to keep the low end 4x and below. Also trying to be weight conscious. Preferably 30 oz and under.

I've been very happy with my MWS. The 16" chrome lined barrel consistently shoots just under MOA and it really likes Federal GMM. I dropped a Geissele National Match trigger in it, which really helps with the accuracy control. I'm thinking I would like to put something on top besides the 1-8 ATACR.

lmt01a.jpg

168gr Federal Gold Medal Match

IMG_7351.jpg

Up to around $2500 and doesn't need to be new. Maybe more if I felt I was getting a deal on something.

I'm on the east coast and my club range is limited to 300, so I'd like to keep the low end 4x and below. Also trying to be weight conscious. Preferably 30 oz and under.
So far for my lmt it's had a leupold mark 5 3.6-18 in a sphur mount, s&b pm2 in sphur mount as well.
Really on the cost side, the leupold mark 5-6 in a solid mount will do you just fine.
The s&b just has the preferred reticle that I was looking for.
Now if you can find a khales 525i with msr reticle for a decent price, that would be awesom.
I'm sure you could find way more information in the optics thread 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

I've been very happy with my MWS. The 16" chrome lined barrel consistently shoots just under MOA and it really likes Federal GMM. I dropped a Geissele National Match trigger in it, which really helps with the accuracy control. I'm thinking I would like to put something on top besides the 1-8 ATACR.

View attachment 7809834

View attachment 7809835
Fine rifle and a good man, not a better combination…

Reactions: dogman

Sounds like you should be looking at the ATACR 4-16 and mark 5 3.6-18.

MWS that I pieced together here and there when parts were available.
24 inch 6.5 Creed, Surefire MB, Vortex AMG in GDI mount. Just need to get it where I can stretch its legs a little.

MWS.jpeg

View attachment 7809834

That setup looks spectacular. It's making regret getting the long hand-guard which doesn't play as well with the 16" barrel.

I noticed my 16" CL also seems to like 168gr FGMM a bit more - at least at 100.

Reactions: dogman
On the LMT I use the Nomad L with added DeadAir break extension. Also use the Q-Mo mounting system. The LMT operates great but it gets dirty much sooner than shooting unsuppressed.

The strike point moves lower with the Nomad L but it's a simple known adjustment now thus no issues. The sound level is greatly reduced with this configuration. I have a Nomad-TL in jail right now. Feel your pain.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
That setup looks spectacular. It's making regret getting the long hand-guard which doesn't play as well with the 16" barrel.

I noticed my 16" CL also seems to like 168gr FGMM a bit more - at least at 100.
All you need to do is whisper the words "I want to sell my..." and no less than 50 angry, sweaty men would be running towards you to take that long rail LMT upper off your hands :ROFLMAO:

All you need to do is whisper the words "I want to sell my..." and no less than 50 angry, sweaty men would be running towards you to take that long rail LMT upper off your hands :ROFLMAO:

lol, my solution is gonna be to grab a $20 spacer from Adco. I love how the gun looks with a nearly flush handguard. They should sell 15" handguards as a standard item.

That, and I keep an eye out for the 18" .308 SS 5R barrel.

lol, my solution is gonna be to grab a $20 spacer from Adco. I love how the gun looks with a nearly flush handguard. They should sell 15" handguards as a standard item.

That, and I keep an eye out for the 18" .308 SS 5R barrel.
Just my .02 but there’s no way I’d try to run a can with that much spacer and the minimal amount of thread engagement you’ll have. Trim the rail, get a longer barrel, run the brake only or use a different can that will fit with the rail.

Reactions: Beardsli
Ok since I am now unpoor, these rifles have disappered. Is it possible to order from an FFL and get on a waiting list? Or is it bite scratch and claw like primers and good powders.

Ok since I am now unpoor, these rifles have disappered. Is it possible to order from an FFL and get on a waiting list? Or is it bite scratch and claw like primers and good powders.
Look on the used market. Most of these guns don't see much use. I bought mine last year from a guy in Austin and it was in as new condition. Or you can join the whinging team who bought allocations from V1 and Titan and are waiting years.

Hell, I bought one of the in-stock 20" SS barrels from Titan and they still claim "14 day processing time" before it ships to me.

They're out there. Check the classified boards. Getting new will be hard - it'll be a waiting list sort of deal.

Anyone know if the 20" 7.62 rifle length gas barrel is any better gassed than the mid length barrels with a can?

I decided to let my 16" chrome barrel go since I also have a 13.5" and have a 7.62 20" stainless coming Tuesday. I ran BRT tubes on the other barrels, but wondered if anyone on here had a different experience before I go buy another for the 20".

Anyone know if the 20" 7.62 rifle length gas barrel is any better gassed than the mid length barrels with a can?

I decided to let my 16" chrome barrel go since I also have a 13.5" and have a 7.62 20" stainless coming Tuesday. I ran BRT tubes on the other barrels, but wondered if anyone on here had a different experience before I go buy another for the 20".

It seems like they are, I have full size GMT-300WM can that I have run on an 18 inch SS, 308 barrel as well as a 20 inch 6.5cm barrel with no issues, the same can when paired with my 16 inch CL or 13.5 SS terribly over gassed the system. I have since picked up a Dead Air Sandman which runs perfectly on my 13.5.

While I think that BRT tubes seem like a viable solution, I think one would be better suited with a can that was designed for use on a gas gun vs something that is really more idea for a bolt gun/maximum db reduction.

What can are you running?

It seems like they are, I have full size GMT-300WM can that I have run on an 18 inch SS, 308 barrel as well as a 20 inch 6.5cm barrel with no issues, the same can when paired with my 16 inch CL or 13.5 SS terribly over gassed the system. I have since picked up a Dead Air Sandman which runs perfectly on my 13.5.

While I think that BRT tubes seem like a viable solution, I think one would be better suited with a can that was designed for use on a gas gun vs something that is really more idea for a bolt gun/maximum db reduction.

What can are you running?
We've hashed this out many times in this thread, but I'm running a Hybrid and Sandman S, so trust me, I'm using an appropriate can for this gun. My experience has been that these guns are so over gassed that even with a 8.5oz buffer and a 50/50 gassed BRT tube the gun is still completely reliable without a can, even when I've shot it in <20°F weather. It just makes it significantly more pleasant to run and cuts down on gas.

However, if the rifle gas is notably different I'll probably hold off and run it back to back with my other barrel before making a call as I already run an XH buffer. Thanks for the input!

Here's an strange one:

- LMT MWS w/ 16" SS barrel, shooting suppressed

Had an issue with a PMAG today.

I noticed weak ejection, uncharacteristic of the usual 2:30-3:00 about 5 ft away pattern, when using a 20 rd pmag. The mag is new (less than 100 rounds through it, all suppressed). About 10 rounds into the mag, I had a misfeed event in which the bolt picked up the round but never made it into the chamber, rather making contact with the front wall of the mag, pushing the bullet about 1/4" into the casing.

I took the mag out and realized there was some material missing from the front lip (see pics). This appears to show that the rounds had possibly been pushed into this front section, repeadely, prior to reaching the chamber.

Has anyone seen this before? I am assuming this mag is the culprit of both the misfeed and inconsistent ejection pattern?

For the record, I swapped in a KAC sr25 mag and had not a single issue. Ejection was perfect and repeatable.

Pics:

lmt-pmag1.jpg

lmt-pmag2.jpg

lmt-pmag3.jpg

Obligatory rifle pic:

lmt-mws-feb27.jpg

Weird, Usully Pmags are pretty good. I would shoot a picture of it to Magpul and see what they say, any other of your 308 pmags of any damage in that area?

Thanks, I should have clarified. The mag in question is a Gen 3 Pmag LR/SR.

Pic:

View attachment 7817293
Ive had this before as well. Way over gassed and the rounds aren't being pushed up fast enough for the bolt moving forward and end up chewing up the front of the mag. Your not seeing it on the KAC mags because they are metal and possibly slightly lower cut so the nose can clear. Heavier buffer would help or somehow regulate the gas a bit.

Reactions: t9regg
Ive had this before as well. Way over gassed and the rounds aren't being pushed up fast enough for the bolt moving forward and end up chewing up the front of the mag. Your not seeing it on the KAC mags because they are metal and possibly slightly lower cut so the nose can clear. Heavier buffer would help or somehow regulate the gas a bit.

Just the first hand input I was looking for, thank you!

My ejection pattern must have been masking the issue.

Even if I have a 2:30 - 3 o’clock ejection pattern would you expect overgassing to still be the culprit? My brass is being thrown pretty far (6ft-ish)…

Just the first hand input I was looking for, thank you!

My ejection pattern must have been masking the issue.

Even if I have a 2:30 - 3 o’clock ejection pattern would you expect overgassing to still be the culprit? My brass is being thrown pretty far (6ft-ish)…
Yes, in my experience the duel ejectors on the AR10 bolts throw a completely different (and more reliable) ejection pattern than single ejectors that are commonly seen on ar10's.

Still waiting on my sandman-s fde to be released from prison! Had a mark 5hd on it but sprung for a S&B 5-20 ultra short. Haven’t even shot it yet!! She’s thicc!!

Attachments

• C0326A6C-1273-4D9E-8B46-BD3FB7196739.jpeg
    C0326A6C-1273-4D9E-8B46-BD3FB7196739.jpeg
    907.4 KB · Views: 236
I've been working on a little project to 3D print some gas tube covers to help protect gas tubes when barrels are out of the gun, be shipped, etc.

cp1QtpM.jpg

Now we've started shipping all LMT barrels with them on vs the factory cardboard tubes.

qqF8B7x.jpg
Man… I literally just got a 14.5 5.56 pin and weld back from you and immediately dropped it on the floor and bent the gas tube while pulling my 20” barrel.

Glad to see a solution.

I should have a 13.5 heading your way soon.