• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2017

Someone at benos said it best:
    So dumb. STI used to be synonymous with meaning a shooters’ gun, an aficionados gun... sad to see them scrap all that in order to try and get on the Timmy bandwagon. Besides, it’s not going to work, Timmy’s like $500 guns that go bang with little to no maintenance, not $2000 guns that take $100 mags and need to be dialed in to be reliable (especially in 9mm, which most LEA’s are moving back to). For LEO’s, with half the guys in an agency barely able to qualify every six months, a finicky double stack wouldn’t even make the back of the page on my list for a working real world LEA...

Wtf but why

seriously STI as a brand and have that brand as a line like they already had. This was full retard.

wait is it April...?!?

• Haha
    Reactions: 308pirate
    not sure even if they changed it to pocket puffins if it would hurt the fact they made some dam fine guns . I am sure some snowflakes would still melt , but they do that no matter what happens anyway . As long as the product is good and of good reliable quality people will buy it " if you build it they will come" .

I was on there the other day, did they completely stop making .45 stuff?

on their homepage: WE BUILD THE WORLD’S BEST SHOOTING HANDGUNS FOR DUTY, HOME DEFENSE, CONCEAL CARRY, AND NEW SHOOTERS

no mention of competition, that's a shame as they've been synonymous with competition for a long time.

regarding caliber, their xl is in 9 & 40, and their r is in 9 & 45 so they are doing some other than 9mm.

Agree on the retardation of rebranding and throwing away the brand reputation of STI and also trying to focus on LE and new shooter sales with $2k-$4k guns.

I disagree on them being "finicky" though. I had 3 DVC Tacticals and a DVC Carry and the only issues I had was the front sight on the DVC Carry. The fucking tritium kept dying after a couple days or weeks (they got a big bad batch of those sights) and after 4 times of being replaced they finally just replaced the gun with another DVC Tactical for me. They ate up everything and ran flawless right out of the box which is a lot more than I can say for most of the 1911's I've owned which include very high end ones. STI's are very well built and reliable guns and as long as that's carried over to the rebranding then I don't see why they wouldn't still be just as good.

Reactions: Widowmaker300
    Its a smart move for them. Aim toward people who dont shoot the volume of rounds competition shooters do and change your warranty policy so it only is good for original owner. I bet they lost their ass in the warranty dept when the DVC line first came out with the TiN barrels.

And fwiw, the $50-60 STI gen 2 mags run great out of the box. The biggest down side is that Timmy can't Lego the parts like they can with their Glock and Bushmaster.

People who dont shoot will just buy a more reliable easy to use and maintain gun like any of the $500 strikers today. No one is buying a $2000 race gun and throwing it in their pickup console.

You must not be familiar with the Instagram crowd and flexing on poors. Its pretty big here too so I'm not sure how you've missed it.
    I know quite a few people who carry 2011s. Most of them also compete with 2011s.

not sure even if they changed it to pocket puffins if it would hurt the fact they made some dam fine guns . I am sure some snowflakes would still melt , but they do that no matter what happens anyway . As long as the product is good and of good reliable quality people will buy it " if you build it they will come" .

They are getting out of the competition pistol business. Personally with some many great 2011 smiths out there I dont know why anyone would buy a factory STI.

I could seriously see myself picking up a 2011 in a year from now going ‘wtf is a staccato, looks like a sti knockoff’.

• Haha
    My STI edge 40 jammed a couple years ago, darn primer was in backwards. I think before that it was a swelled case web. So much for 100% reliable. My fault for reloading and picking up other peoples brass. Been 20-ish years and 10's of thousands of rounds.

It still has STI on the slide so I'm good. Though I would like a Staccato.

At STI:

HotImperturbableInganue-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
    People who dont shoot will just buy a more reliable easy to use and maintain gun like any of the $500 strikers today. No one is buying a $2000 race gun and throwing it in their pickup console.

Me and several of my buddies do exactly this with STIs.

The company changed hands and what I saw in their new models I really like.

But a company that creates a position called "Chief Experience Officer" and hires a guy named Tony Pignato to occupy the seat (Google him but have a barf bag at the ready before watching one of his faggy videos) has me questioning what they are all about.

Unless I hear that quality has suffered my opinion of their products remains one of high regard... but the name change and that Tony guy... good Lord

Reactions: chrome and Adam B
    The company changed hands and what I saw in their new models I really like.

But a company that creates a position called "Chief Experience Officer" and hires a guy named Tony Pignato to occupy the seat (Google him but have a barf bag at the ready before watching one of his faggy videos) has me questioning what they are all about.

Unless I hear that quality has suffered my opinion of their products remains one of high regard... but the name change and that Tony guy... good Lord

Agreed,saw that is well. Big STI fan myself (dont own any personally), but the rebrand just seems so odd.

Shifting product focus makes sense, but throwing away a well known name is crazy