• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Lone Survivor Movie!!

PSYOPS

Lieutenant Patrick
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I just heard on the local news last night that Mark Wahlberg will start filming the Lone Survivor movie out here in New Mexico starting at the end of August.

I knew they were thinking of making one...just glad it will come true so that the entire world can see what a hero Marcus Luttrell really is.

Looking forward to it!

Re: Lone Survivor Movie!!

Luttrell is 6'5".....what is Marky Mark, 5'6"?? I hope they do it justice and Luttrell has major input. From his books Luttrell is an imposing presence but very humble. That doesn't really fit the Wahlberg resume' of roles.

I just pray that there isn't a cameo by 'Dinty Moore'.

Seriously though, Marcus (and the Teams) deserve the accolades.

I'll be happy if they just tell the story and leave behind all of the political BS from the book. The story in itself is amazing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be happy if they just tell the story and leave behind all of the political BS from the book. The story in itself is amazing. </div></div>

I don't remember reading too much political BS. He talked about how the Rules of Engagement are pretty much bullshit, but that's all I remember.

Just finished the book. It is a truly remarkable story. When you're reading it, you think to yourself "this is straight out of a movie". So I guess its only natural someone would try to make a movie out of it.

Marcus Luttrell mentions the use of his Mk12 several times and for the first half of the book is almost like a character itself. I hope hollywood doesnt gaffe this and do something ignorant like mounting the scope backwards.

Read the book and you guys are right. The story is amazing. Sometimes a bit TOO amazing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luckydube56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finished the book. It is a truly remarkable story. When you're reading it, you think to yourself "this is straight out of a movie". So I guess its only natural someone would try to make a movie out of it.

Marcus Luttrell mentions the use of his Mk12 several times and for the first half of the book is almost like a character itself. I hope hollywood doesnt gaffe this and do something ignorant like mounting the scope backwards. </div></div>

I forget what movie it was, but I remember seeing a couple guys had two aimpoints mounted one in front of the other, and both were backwards. I think I might have turned that movie off, lol.

Then call of duty gets the simplest shit wrong all the time. For example, on black ops they had all the Troy iron sights on backwards. It makes you wonder who they get for their technical advisers, if they have any at all.

Bout time!

There's so many poeple that don't know the story since so many poeple don't read. I hope al the warriors in the story get the glory they deserve. I also agree they should really have Marcus and whomever he choses to guide along the accuracy of the technical side as well as the details of the story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luckydube56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marcus Luttrell mentions the use of his Mk12 several times and for the first half of the book is almost like a character itself. I hope hollywood doesnt gaffe this and do something ignorant like mounting the scope backwards. </div></div>

This book is something amazing. And is deserving of a movie. And I do hope Hollywood gets it straight...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
luckydube56 said:
Then call of duty gets the simplest shit wrong all the time. For example, on black ops they had all the Troy iron sights on backwards. It makes you wonder who they get for their technical advisers, if they have any at all. </div></div>

Having been a military tech advisor, I can tell you that it's not that simple. Often you can't be everywhere when they are filming, including 2nd unit stuff. Moreover, you can show actors and stunt people how something is supposed to be done, and they'll still screw it up and time will run out to fix it. Worst, and what happens most, is that you point out the error and the director says "yeah, but it'll be so much cooler this way."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuke Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Now lets just hope Hollywood doesn't fuck it up. </div></div>

Fingers crossed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Worst, and what happens most, is that you point out the error and the director says "yeah, but it'll be so much cooler this way." </div></div>

Yea, I figured it was like that most of the time. I guess I just can't figure out what goes through peoples heads, beings most of the time it DOESN'T look cooler that way. Whatever. I'll just continue to scream at my TV, lol.

Oh and btw, I think I'm allergic to this book because I swear I've read it three times and every time my allergies start acting up. Weird.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh and btw, I think I'm allergic to this book because I swear I've read it three times and every time my allergies start acting up. Weird. </div></div>

...me too! Darn pollen.
cry.gif

I googled some more info on this movie and I cannot find mention of Luttrell as technical advisor in this movie.

If Hollywood doesn't care to seek out the man who lived this event, it doesn't bode well for an accurate depiction.

The cast look nothing like the actual SEALs. Some of them look like pretty boys which means one thing. Hollywood isn't going to mess up their faces.

These guys got blown up, shot multiple times, fell off steep cliffs, but in the movie they'll maybe have a slight blemish on their cheek.

This would be completely unacceptable and would do no justice in depicting what these guys went through. To be blunt, these guys in real life got f*cked up in horrific fashion. Hollywood doesn't want to show the murderous side of the Taliban in an attempt to maintain PC. They were pure evil in this book. Marcus recalled some of them having a gruesome smile on their faces as they shot at him and his team.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but the cast looks too much like Young Guns at this point to be taken seriously. Emille Hirsch? Really?

blah blah blah blah,,,,(minute drivel from the imdb site link)

written by justin tedrow?

Howinhell can a movie about a man, who wrote the book AND lived the tale, be 'written' by somebody else? What am I missing?

A studio should get a bunch of guys from Army and Navy together and do an "Act of Valor II, The Lone Survivor"... We don’t need actors for this to pay off in the box office.

Maybe you should wait and see how it turns out? I have it on good authority that Luttrell has been involved with this production for some time. Will it be perfect? No. Will it be as realistic as possible? Probably not. Will it tell the story faithfully? Hopefully.

Ive been following this for awhile glad to see its finally going to happen, the book was great hope it does it justice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luckydube56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I googled some more info on this movie and I cannot find mention of Luttrell as technical advisor in this movie. </div></div>

I actually read an interview with Luttrell a couple weeks ago and he stated he had a few lengthy conversations over the phone with Wahlberg. Based on Luttrell's statements, it sounded like he was pleased about how things were progressing.

Take that for what it's worth. I'd post the link, but I wouldn't know where to look. I think I ran acrossed it looking for information on Chris Kyle's book, "American Sniper". That was a pretty good book by the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Colonel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luckydube56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I googled some more info on this movie and I cannot find mention of Luttrell as technical advisor in this movie. </div></div>

I actually read an interview with Luttrell a couple weeks ago and he stated he had a few lengthy conversations over the phone with Wahlberg. Based on Luttrell's statements, it sounded like he was pleased about how things were progressing.

Take that for what it's worth. I'd post the link, but I wouldn't know where to look. I think I ran acrossed it looking for information on Chris Kyle's book, "American Sniper". That was a pretty good book by the way.

</div></div>

Luttrel keeps updates going on his FB page. From what I have read he'll be on set alot to make sure shit is done right.

Ever since I read the book I thought it would make a great movie to show the sacrifice and hell the seals went through.

Another book I'd like to see made into a movie is "House to House". It's the best book I've ever read with Lone Survivor a close second. If you haven't read it then do so.

Great book! Just hope they can do it the justice it deserves.

By far one of the best, descriptive, military books I've read. I couldn't put it down. I read it a couple years ago but since a movie is coming out, I'll have to reread it to refresh the story before it comes out. Any time frame for the movie debut?

It's a great book that would make an awesome movie. If Mark Wahlberg is in it then they will spend a lot money on it. So maybe they wont screw it up to bad.

I read the book and wondered why the team let itself get in such an exposed situation so even the goatherds could see them.

I'd have tied up the herders and called for extraction ASAP. Staying after being spotted was their undoing. Damn shame.

They fought like lions and killed a lot of Taliban. That's the good part, especially when you hear about the Pakistani pre teen girl Malala who was shot on her school bus by the Taliban for speaking out against them.

The Taliban dog who did that deserves the same treatment, a bullet in the head. They are not true Muslims, they are mad dogs.

Went by one of the sets today....they're filming!!!!

I can't wait till they are done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luckydube56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finished the book. It is a truly remarkable story. When you're reading it, you think to yourself "this is straight out of a movie". So I guess its only natural someone would try to make a movie out of it.

Marcus Luttrell mentions the use of his Mk12 several times and for the first half of the book is almost like a character itself. I hope hollywood doesnt gaffe this and do something ignorant like mounting the scope backwards. </div></div>

I forget what movie it was, but I remember seeing a couple guys had <span style="color: #FF0000">two aimpoints mounted one in front of the other</span>, and both were backwards. I think I might have turned that movie off, lol.

Then call of duty gets the simplest shit wrong all the time. For example, on black ops they had all the Troy iron sights on backwards. It makes you wonder who they get for their technical advisers, if they have any at all. </div></div>

Might have been the 2nd transformers movie. Some of the spec ops guys had PVS-14s mounted in front of their red dots while in the day light of the desert.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaKid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luckydube56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finished the book. It is a truly remarkable story. When you're reading it, you think to yourself "this is straight out of a movie". So I guess its only natural someone would try to make a movie out of it.

I forget what movie it was, but I remember seeing a couple guys had <span style="color: #FF0000">two aimpoints mounted one in front of the other</span>, and both were backwards. I think I might have turned that movie off, lol.

Might have been the 2nd transformers movie. Some of the spec ops guys had PVS-14s mounted in front of their red dots while in the day light of the desert. </div></div>

I'm almost positive it was two aimpoints. They were identical CompM3's. Still can't think of the damn movie though. It was probably some crappy movie, but who knows. It could have been a TV show, like 24 or something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litehiker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read the book and wondered why the team let itself get in such an exposed situation so even the goatherds could see them.

I'd have tied up the herders and called for extraction ASAP. Staying after being spotted was their undoing. Damn shame.

They fought like lions and killed a lot of Taliban. That's the good part, especially when you hear about the Pakistani pre teen girl Malala who was shot on her school bus by the Taliban for speaking out against them.

The Taliban dog who did that deserves the same treatment, a bullet in the head. They are not true Muslims, they are mad dogs. </div></div>

Yeah, you were there so your perspective on their position and choices with the situation that unfolded are valid, after all.

Have the book.Met Luttrell.He is a very big man and tells a very good story of what happened.He even throws in a lot of funny bits into it.
All I can say is i hope Hollyweird doesn't f@c& this up and gives it the justice it deserves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litehiker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read the book and wondered why the team let itself get in such an exposed situation so even the goatherds could see them.

The Taliban dog who did that deserves the same treatment, a bullet in the head. They are not true Muslims, they are mad dogs.</div></div>

Did you really read the book?

Awesome book. Reading No Easy Day now. Support our Seals.

Mr Wahlberg is a very outspoken Anti-gun advocate. A shame as I liked the movie Shooter. Stephen Hunters book is even better.

Delta

"It is a maxim of the Barbary States, that 'The Christians who would be on good terms with them must fight well or pay well.” hmmm...I think I'll go with option A.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuke Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amazing story. One of the best books I have ever read. Now lets just hope Hollywood doesn't fuck it up. </div></div>

+1

I hope it gets told the way it happened and Hollywood doesn't add their own spin.

The Taliban dog who did that deserves the same treatment, a bullet in the head. They are not true Muslims, they are mad dogs. </div></div>

If I recall correctly, the surrounding mountains had undergone some massive de-forestation. There was no cover. Still they were only discovered when goat herders happened upon them. Yes the SEALs saw them coming but they couldnt exactly get up and move somewhere else without being seen anyways.

As for Taliban not being true muslims....that's a different conversation. Let's just say that while, in history, bad Christians have mangled the Christian faith, good muslims have given Islam a makeover.

I bet this one plays out on the screen the same as Black Hawk Down... crammed into 1:45-2:00 hrs and leaving those who read the book to scratch their heads and say "damn, that sucked".

If your on Face Book and friend Marcus. He has alot of updates sometimes daily about the progress of the film. He is on location during all the filming and made sure it goes the way it went down on the mnt.He said he wont let it be made any other way or have it hollyweird'd to make it better either. If I recall right one the updates when he first started talking about the film being made was if it wasnt being filmed how he saw fit the movie wouldnt be made period or production stopped. He's very adiment for the movie to do his story justice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RockPunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your on Face Book and friend Marcus. He has alot of updates sometimes daily about the progress of the film. He is on location during all the filming and made sure it goes the way it went down on the mnt.He said he wont let it be made any other way or have it hollyweird'd to make it better either. If I recall right one the updates when he first started talking about the film being made was if it wasnt being filmed how he saw fit the movie wouldnt be made period or production stopped. He's very adiment for the movie to do his story justice. </div></div>

Thats good to hear! I hope it holds true, not saing Marcus would sell out but Hollywood sure can fuck stuff up fast. I love the book, I have read it 3 times. The story needs to be told proper, not just for Marcus's team but for everyone who has been there.