• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Look at my new thumper from GAP!

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
oZNCwLN.jpg

It's a 375 "MIZ", actually just a 375 WSM.
Remington action (chosen for lighter weight) and trigger w/ larger bolt knob
16" barrel plus a brake, fluted obviously
Manners Superlight carbon fiber stock
Badger M5 DBM

Black and corvette yellow paint job, school colors of course

Leupold vx3 1-4, has heavier tactical rings and base, assuming Badger but not 100&

Weighs a little bit under 8lbs as it sits, with lightweight integrated rings and bases it would probably be about 7 lbs.

Re: Look at my new thumper from GAP!

Thumper is right. I dig that rifle, especially with the Mizzou theme. That rifle looks like it was built for a purpose, especially seeing the game animals in the background. Are you taking that on a special hunt?

Rifle was built as my optimum deer drive gun. Running shots are the norm, and I wanted as much energy as possible to put the deer down right there, while also having the shortest, handiest rifle I could.

Of course, it's massive overkill for that purpose, and should be at home killing just about anything. I just like big guns and being different.

Very nice looking rifle. Should definitely be able to thump something.

I graduated from Mizzou in 09 with a Civil Engineering Degree.

SA-WEET! I dig it! Big ups for the grind video too.

Dude that is SWEET!!!! Goes to show you can't have just one rifle...got to change it up now and then

Congrats. How does it shoot? With that color scheme, What's up with your future? It's goin to be hard to take that "into the future". Gota be "Firm" with your "convictions". Good for you.!GAP makes the Best stuff.

Now THAT is a different scheme then i've seen. Pretty cool man!

Love the paint!!!

I was 07 - Fisheries and Wildlife Management.

Outstanding, 375's rule I'm hoping they really start catching on I would love to see more in LR shooting.

What bullets are you using, I'm building a 375 RUM and have some 350 smk's for it, real curious what people are pushing them at out of cartridges other then the cheytac's. Not hating on the cheytacs just don't want to buy a new single stage press.

Sweet looking rifle. I bet it'll be a lot of fun.

I'm not sure what bullet I'll end up settling on. I have some 300 grain BTSP bullets to try, and I want to mess with lighter bullets as well, for less lead on a running target at close range.

WOW! The deer must be a lot bigger than they were last time I was in Missouri! That would also make one ferrocious pig rifle.

If you can get passed the paint its proba- no nevermind I can't get passed the paint.

It would look a little better if you went with crimson & blue....

Rock Chalk.

ps: good lookin' rifle

Awesome Rifle Tyler!!!

Hope School is doing well for you sir.

WE WANT MORE GAP VIDEOS!!!! LOL

Happy Hunting and God Bless!

Sincerely

HOG.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'd love to take this thing hog hunting....maybe there's a really kind soul on this forum?
wink.gif

PS: more GAP videos to come! (you didn't hear it from me)