• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a 1,000 yard scope.

Matthew_Neske

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2021
Highland, IL
I Ave built my own bolty on a Howa 1500 barreled action 24” with a MDT chassis and stock and have a Leupold VX-3L 4-12X50 scope and currently at 100 yards I am holes on holes. I am curious if there is a scope out there with in the price range of $600-$1,500 that is accurate out to 1,000 yards
2C3C8A70-7751-49EA-A924-F14F6BE67D0A.jpeg

Attachments

• 792AC664-A540-4C89-8B0F-8FFCD154D7C1.jpeg
    792AC664-A540-4C89-8B0F-8FFCD154D7C1.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 140
though I am not positive any scope guarantees you accuracy , Me I stick to what I like delta 5x50x56 yea it's a little over the 1500 but if i wanna use 25 i can if I wanna see more details on the hits I can and even at a mile after seeing a video of west desert using 32 power sightron I know I am going to just love the view at 50 but good luck finding exactly what you are looking for which ever brand you choose .

Last edited:
Reactions: Boomslang57
Steiner, Leupold, vortex, nightforce, bushnell can all be had for $1500 new/used that you can shoot out to 1000 yards. First scope I hit 1000 yard target, I used a 4-16x50 steiner military.

People do it all the time with 10x fixed scopes. Just need it to track reliably.

Last edited:
Take a look through the threads under the observation title. Lots of “what scope” threads with many great recommendations

I shoot 21x and 25x Bushnell and S&B scopes at 1000 yards but I have also had very good luck with 16x scopes at that distance. The glass must be very clear for consistent hits. You can find a good 16x variable scope for $500 to $800.

Save up $100 more and get a Razor Gen 2 from liberty optics

Or get a strike eagle 5-25 and spend the money on ammo

Fwiw i have both. Never missed a shot cause i was using a SE instead of a RG2

My first 1000 yard hits came under a Vortex Viper PST gen 1 in…get this…MOA 😳😳😳

A $500 scope will get you there. Life will be easier if it tracks accurately, clicks repeatably, and returns to zero.

I would shop the PX for a reputable brand looking for mil/mil, something in the 25x range….or the liberty optics option above if your budget allows.

With that budget you can find a NF NXS on the PX section

This, for example.

Upper end of your price scale, but I don't think you can beat a used Vortex Razor Gen 2. Also, a friend just bought a Tract Toric and used it for the first time last week and thinks it's a great value.

Reactions: b6graham
lots of options will work fine. its more about what you like in an optic. lots of good info on the hide about scope options,
Search is your friend

Have a look at the Bushnell HDMR scopes. The price varies depending on the reticle you choose. Illuminated reticle is going to bump the price up. If you have your heart set on that then you may have to give up a bit on some other aspect of the scope to keep it under $1500 range.

I have had great luck with my Sig Tango 6. They have solid reviews and I think are great for the money. Don't get much love here and the resale value sucks which is why I love mine so much. A $2000 scope for 700 ain't bad.

Last edited: