• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Low Budget build (pics included)

mwroseberry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2009
urbana, ohio
Started with a Stevens 200 xp in 308. Even in stock for it shot 1 MOA at 100 with cheap Am Eagle Ammo. Now that the new stock and scope is installed I'm going to be moving to match grade ammo. I will keep you informed of how it shoots with the new stock.

Before pics (Krylon paint, home made cheek pad, cheap ammo sleeve, Stock Bushnell 3-9x40):

stevens200phase12.jpg

By mwroseberry, shot with FinePix F480 at 2010-01-17

After Pics (B&C Tactical Medalist, EGW 20MOA base, Vortex Crossfire 6-24x50, Eagle Stock pad):

bcandvortex.jpg

By mwroseberry at 2010-02-11

Totals:
Stevens 200 xp: $395.00 (including shipping and FFL)
B&C Tactical: $243.00 (Price to my door)
EGW Base: $45.00 (Delivered)
Vortex (used) $98.00 (Delivered)
Eagle pad (used) $40.00
Orig. Stock -$45.00

Total: $776.00

WTB: Shillen Barrel and my stick will be complete for now.

I couldn't be happier so far and I can't wait to get it out with match grade and hand load ammo and see what she can do.

Thanks,
Merritt
SGT USMC vet.

Re: Low Budget build (pics included)

I have a Stevens too, great economical shooter. I'm gonna rebarrel mine in .260 and put it in one of those new Choate A5 clones.

Re: Low Budget build (pics included)

Shot 3/4MOA yesterday. Ordered a 16x SS yesterday as well. I love the vortex I just want a fixed power scope. Once I finalize my hand load work up I'll post pics.

Thanks,
Merritt