• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LPVO/Red Dot

BB24

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2021
Texas
Hey guys, first post here but have referred to forums on here a long time while doing research for a number of things. I have a question I know has probably been beat to hell but have a decision to make soon and want some input. The question is LPVO vs Red Dot and here’s a rundown on the surrounding info:

I work in LE and assigned to patrol as well as SWAT. On SWAT I’m one of the point guys which obviously means working the door from the threshold and eventually making entry as number one or two man. Most of our SWAT calls are high risk search/arrest warrants but sometimes a good barricade where there might be some distance between us and the structure. The gun is a Larue 12” with a Dead Air Sandman S.

So as it’s sits I run a MRO but we are making a change and being given the option to choose what we want and this is where I’m struggling. We are currently trying out a few different optics and I’m torn between the Aimpoint CompM5 and out of the LPVO the Vortex Razor 1-6. I’ve only had one training day with it but close shots seemed very similar speed wise. Obviously there are pros and cons, LPVO will be a lot more weight added and the eye shadow seems like it might be a problem. I like the magnification option for gathering intel on a structure or situation and improved accuracy at long distance. I worry about the CQB with the LPVO and the weight with the light and peq and everything else. My real question is what do y’all think is the better option for my specific job and what the requirements are, is it better to stick with the red dot or transition to the LPVO. Have y’all had a chance to work both options a lot and what do you think? Thanks for any and all info.