• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

M107A1

McBridester

Wraith
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2013
Central Louisiana
Debating letting my m107a1 deployment kit go but as it’s not hurting anything sitting in it’s case im wondering if it’s worth waiting on the new gun bills to pass or fail and wondering what that would do to prices of grandfathered pieces esp as only 53 kits were released. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 76DCCF5C-2971-416B-A96C-6812BC089AB4.jpeg
    76DCCF5C-2971-416B-A96C-6812BC089AB4.jpeg
    443.9 KB · Views: 268
  • FBA7AF5F-CC42-4D6B-A571-16ED762D3A3D.jpeg
    FBA7AF5F-CC42-4D6B-A571-16ED762D3A3D.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 248
22 post and a backhanded , misplaced FS ad.
All he’s doing is asking for an opinion? As for the original post I would hold on to it. If you don’t need to get rid of it I’d just keep it besides not many people can say they own that rifle lol only 53 and that’s pretty impressive imo that’s a very nice rifle.

All he’s doing is asking for an opinion? As for the original post I would hold on to it. If you don’t need to get rid of it I’d just keep it besides not many people can say they own that rifle lol only 53 and that’s pretty impressive imo that’s a very nice rifle.

Clearly you don't know the rules either

It’s not for sale right now and no plug.
As far as greed that comment makes no sense to me as im sure if you had some stocks that you were debating selling but heard of some news you may would make more you’d choose to make more if you decided to sell them. I’m just curious because I saw what mgs we’re going for preban compared to after and thought I’d get some opinions as I’m a bit bored post surgery stuck in a recliner. Sorry if I struck some tender lil nerves.

Thanks for the other legit answers with opinions. Keeping it makes sense that it’s a cool one to have and not many out there but gun values don’t often make much sense to me on why some increase while other popular model decrease without increase in production. Seems not always about supply and demand when it is in regards to a long barrel

Reactions: E-Tool
Should I post more?
I mainly read through and most of the time have little to say as I’m seeking answers to my personal questions and researching silently (yet when i ask a question aka post I get lip from someone that has nothing to do with my query one of the reasons I try and stay in my lane as i have zero patience for crap like that but guess I’ll get more credit as a member if I post more maybe I’ll be more important like you

22 post and a backhanded , misplaced FS ad.

Asking about values after a gun ban isn’t a rules violation. Asking about how much I should sell it for is and I did not do that. I know how to sell things on here and have bought and sold on here before and I also know where to place the post if selling. I chose to name the gun because it’s one of the directly impacted rifles as the ban also includes it ammunition. It’s a bit different from some of the other classes

Clearly you don't know the rules either

Whats funny is they’d also want to kill this thread if it was in the BST section because he doesn’t kniw if he wants to sell it.

OP better off asking this in the bear pit.

Everyone who also can’t afford one are trying to hall monitor you.

Thanks for that maybe that would have been a better place to post it.

Whats funny is they’d also want to kill this thread if it was in the BST section because he doesn’t kniw if he wants to sell it.

OP better off asking this in the bear pit.

Everyone who also can’t afford one are trying to hall monitor you.

The current proposed firearms ban bill also prohibits the transfer of grandfathered items. They want firearm ownership to die with the current holders. I think it's too early to tell what will happen. If it starts progressing fast, hopefully some states get together and tell the feds to get lost.

If you don't want to hang onto it, you might have a window to sell before they vote, assuming you need the cash that is tied up.

Reactions: McBridester
Yes I read that but curious as to how they know when unless publicly posted. I too hope our states gets some balls here in Louisiana we have a Governor that matches to the DNC’s drum and with such a liberal populace in NOLA and BR I’m afraid that my state will bow in fealty. I’m not needing cash at this moment in life but I never shoot it as the land behind ours where I can stretch it out and had built berms has went to bow only in the lease renewal in the end of 2018 and No ranges close allow it. What really need is gun room/office where I can at least look at it on display in its stupidly heavy glory lol

The current proposed firearms ban bill also prohibits the transfer of grandfathered items. They want firearm ownership to die with the current holders. I think it's too early to tell what will happen. If it starts progressing fast, hopefully some states get together and tell the feds to get lost.

If you don't want to hang onto it, you might have a window to sell before they vote, assuming you need the cash that is tied up.

McBridester

I also live in central louisiana. I have a personal range we can shoot at. I need to clear some lanes at the back half, my plates that are at 1000 and 1500 are not visible anymore. But I can shoot up to 600yds all day.
I also have a Barrett 50 and can shoot APIT. Keep your gun and ammo and when I come in from offshore we can get together.

McBridester

I also live in central louisiana. I have a personal range we can shoot at. I need to clear some lanes at the back half, my plates that are at 1000 and 1500 are not visible anymore. But I can shoot up to 600yds all day.
I also have a Barrett 50 and can shoot APIT. Keep your gun and ammo and when I come in from offshore we can get together.

What about me? :cry:

honestly it really comes down to what ban and what the ban does. the best thing to happen for gun values isnt necessarily the ban but the fear of a ban. if they make all 50 cal rifles illegal like some of the bans are trying, and or make person to person sale illegal. that may decrease in value as no one can buy it. or their will be so few that can theres not enough demand to support the inflated value. If I were you Id watch places like gunbroker, see if what you have or similiar pop up and see what they go for. Best way to gauge value is to understand what they are currently going for. I know that can be a challenge w/ so few being made. On the other hand the rarity of it and the potential for a ban, along with a well worded ad you might be able to demand the world. as long as they are still able to be legally sold. When theres only 53 you can pretty much make up the value. Whats it worth to you? theres at most only 52 people out there that can refute it.
As for the greed comment. if your house increases in value are you going to sell it for what you bought it for because you dont want to be greedy? If you have a car that increases in value are you going to sell it for what you bought it for, or the new value? apply that to all possessions.
If youre on the fence, if I were you. Id take what its worth to you, do that times 1.5 or 2. put it up on gunbroker. only way you sell it is if someone offers you so much you cant say no. they walk away happy with something theyll never be able to get and you get rewarded with enough money that you have no sellers remorse.

Sounds great man. Look forward to it!!!

McBridester

Great points on the potential to go either way and that what has my curiosity on the matter because I usually make the wrong choices with my stocks lol I hold to long or sale to early 😂. I hope the ban fails but if it doesn’t I fear it’ll be a snowball effect on the rest and value will be the least of our worries. Totally agree on your greed comments. I never understand those people or those comments....everyone apparently has to sell at a loss except them or you’re greedy. Thanks brother

honestly it really comes down to what ban and what the ban does. the best thing to happen for gun values isnt necessarily the ban but the fear of a ban. if they make all 50 cal rifles illegal like some of the bans are trying, and or make person to person sale illegal. that may decrease in value as no one can buy it. or their will be so few that can theres not enough demand to support the inflated value. If I were you Id watch places like gunbroker, see if what you have or similiar pop up and see what they go for. Best way to gauge value is to understand what they are currently going for. I know that can be a challenge w/ so few being made. On the other hand the rarity of it and the potential for a ban, along with a well worded ad you might be able to demand the world. as long as they are still able to be legally sold. When theres only 53 you can pretty much make up the value. Whats it worth to you? theres at most only 52 people out there that can refute it.
As for the greed comment. if your house increases in value are you going to sell it for what you bought it for because you dont want to be greedy? If you have a car that increases in value are you going to sell it for what you bought it for, or the new value? apply that to all possessions.
If youre on the fence, if I were you. Id take what its worth to you, do that times 1.5 or 2. put it up on gunbroker. only way you sell it is if someone offers you so much you cant say no. they walk away happy with something theyll never be able to get and you get rewarded with enough money that you have no sellers remorse.

Reactions: NateSavannah
When they ban everything Putin will be flooding us with Avtomat Kalashnikova .

McBridester

Still waiting on the can, but North Louisiana ;)
B0AE953B-1B4F-4507-B1F4-78C93D172FEA.jpeg

Anyone that owns a M107A1 should keep it. When the dollar is no longer the world reserve currency, you will need an anti-material weapon eventually. MHO. Not sure how a tool kit, cleaning kit, 3 extra mags and a certificate would make the rifle more valuable. I'll take mine with my suppressor and 3 extra mags any day. Unfortunately mine is only zeroed for 600. Need to make the zero 1000 as soon as i find a place to do it. ;)

Anyone that owns a M107A1 should keep it. When the dollar is no longer the world reserve currency, you will need an anti-material weapon eventually. MHO. Not sure how a tool kit, cleaning kit, 3 extra mags and a certificate would make the rifle more valuable. I'll take mine with my suppressor and 3 extra mags any day. Unfortunately mine is only zeroed for 600. Need to make the zero 1000 as soon as i find a place to do it. ;)
I kept it and scored about 2k extra rounds for it in a package deal. Tho it still only sits in a case locked away. I lost access to our long range with a move and now have sub450yds at the new place.