• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

m14 rifle

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
what accuracy can be driven out these today? I noticed Tactical rifles offers a build and I recall something a while back about a "crazyhorse" rifle. I figured np3 bolt/bolt carrier with inside of the receiver having silicon nickel for maintenance and a precision fit krieger or broughton barrel? any thoughts?

I noticed LRB Arms has forged receivers.

Re: m14 rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

what accuracy can be driven out these today? ... I recall something a while back about a "crazyhorse" rifle. </div></div>

The old main battle rifle can be modernized into a very accurate and reliable
rifle that requires far less tweaking & upkeep than any old school match rifle.

A ' Crazy Horse' M21A5 was tested at Ft. Benning in March of 2008, it was built on an LRB receiver and fired
groups under 1 MOA at 1000 yards with M118LR ammo. Another M21A5 was tested at Ft. Bliss March of 2009.

The M21A5 sits in a USGI synthetic stock, putting the action in a SAGE EBR stock takes accuracy to another level.

LRB, SAI, Norinco & Poly Tech are all great receivers and SEI's should be available soon.
Old school rear lugs and glass bedding are no longer required to extract precision from an M14.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I noticed LRB Arms has forged receivers. </div></div>

Yep forged, The guy that owns the joint was a funder at MKS. When MKS was stopped by Uncle, Lew started LRB. His very first sticks were tested at Knob Creek and they had a few issues, but all those were corrected upon returning home and his boot being used,... correctly.

Many a good shooter has been built from SA (Ill) even though they are cast. Many pre May 19th 1986 machineguns were built from those reciever's as well.

Lot's of choices on 14's or clones, only true deciding factor is Hip National depth. It all depends on the end game your after, as the amount of hipe out there can only be seen with the correct smoke in a mirror, most of the time. Don't believe everything you see in print either, do the touch'y fell'y before dumping cash.

There is no carrier in an M14 / M1A only a bolt. I have no idea why you'd want to screw with NPwhatever on one either. They are short stroke piston guns so the actions remain very very clean over long periods of shooting as they stand. A quality match barrel is a great start to accurizing a M14 but only the start. Just as important are gas system fit, tuning, and alignment and solid stock interface. M14's are far more labor intensive to get maximum accuracy out of than your average 700 or even AR just due to the nature of the design. A good start for someone who wants to get into the precision M14 game would be to get a Springer Super Match and go from there. If you'd prefer to build (or have built) Start with an LRB receiver a stack of GI parts and a good builder and go from there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Schlafftablett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no carrier in an M14 / M1A only a bolt. I have no idea why you'd want to screw with NPwhatever on one either. They are short stroke piston guns so the actions remain very very clean over long periods of shooting as they stand. A quality match barrel is a great start to accurizing a M14 but only the start. Just as important are gas system fit, tuning, and alignment and solid stock interface. M14's are far more labor intensive to get maximum accuracy out of than your average 700 or even AR just due to the nature of the design. A good start for someone who wants to get into the precision M14 game would be to get a Springer Super Match and go from there. If you'd prefer to build (or have built) Start with an LRB receiver a stack of GI parts and a good builder and go from there. </div></div>

ok you said npwhatever, which tells me you don't know what you're talking about. Not even addressing what you just posted. Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I noticed LRB Arms has forged receivers. </div></div>

Yep forged, The guy that owns the joint was a funder at MKS. When MKS was stopped by Uncle, Lew started LRB. His very first sticks were tested at Knob Creek and they had a few issues, but all those were corrected upon returning home and his boot being used,... correctly.

Many a good shooter has been built from SA (Ill) even though they are cast. Many pre May 19th 1986 machineguns were built from those reciever's as well.

Lot's of choices on 14's or clones, only true deciding factor is Hip National depth. It all depends on the end game your after, as the amount of hipe out there can only be seen with the correct smoke in a mirror, most of the time. Don't believe everything you see in print either, do the touch'y fell'y before dumping cash. </div></div>

and yeah the LRB looked very promising as opposed to SA with their hit or miss cast receivers. I figured silicon nickel and an np3 bolt would be great(exactly what POF used to do). Easy cleaning and maintenance and have the front of the action trued, a krieger barrel installed and a SEI sight-gasblock set up so I could install an ops inc. It seems like all the "trouble" that the m-14 has is a little exaggerated even though it is an old design.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured silicon nickel and an np3 bolt would be great(exactly what POF used to do) </div></div>
Waste of money on a clone, let alone a real M14.
14's don't eat where they shit. I've had Uncles in -30*f to +125*F, mud so thick the sights were blocked. Iced up so bad from being left between field of fire stakes you had to piss on it to unfreeze it, because the asshole with me, took my old cut up poncho off it to cover his boots.

B/S abounds around M14's and many are trying to make them fit rolls they were never intended to do. It does many tasks well even w/o a trained prime mover. Add a guy that knows the weapon and knows tactics, my money says he comes home alive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured silicon nickel and an np3 bolt would be great(exactly what POF used to do) </div></div>
14's don't eat where they shit. I've had Uncles in -30*f to +125*F, mud so thick the sights were blocked. Iced up so bad from being left between field of fire stakes you had to piss on it to unfreeze it, because the asshole with me, took my old cut up poncho off it to cover his boots.

B/S abounds around M14's and many are trying to make them fit rolls they were never intended to do. It does many tasks well even w/o a trained prime mover. Add a guy that knows the weapon and knows tactics, my money says he comes home alive. </div></div>

ah. Still trying to learn about it and I've shot an m1a before and liked the feel of it(not very accurate at all but fun to shoot) and if SA can give a 1/2 moa guarantee on that old m25 they used to sell I'm wondering what tactical rifles can pull off if I get a JA enterprise stock to go along with it.

Just get one built for you. Don't need any fancy finish to make it shoot better, just good parts... crap in, crap out. Get good quality parts and a good gunsmith that knows M14's to put them together.

I had some of my parts finished with Melonite which is as far from Parkerizing as I wanted to venture. So far it's done very well.

My rifle did 1.5 MOA with surplus and sub MOA with match ammo and I had a friend barrel it and I installed the rest.

Now I'm changing stocks so we'll see how the accuracy fares...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured silicon nickel and an np3 bolt would be great(exactly what POF used to do) </div></div>

B/S abounds around M14's and many are trying to make them fit rolls they were never intended to do. It does many tasks well even w/o a trained prime mover. Add a guy that knows the weapon and knows tactics, my money says he comes home alive. </div></div>

ah. Still trying to learn about it and I've shot an m1a before and liked the feel of it(not very accurate at all but fun to shoot) and if SA can give a 1/2 moa guarantee on that old m25 they used to sell I'm wondering what tactical rifles can pull off if I get a JA enterprise stock to go along with it. </div></div>

I would like to see anyone give a 1/2 moa guarantee on any M14 style rifle. Won't happen and if it does someone is seriously blowing smoke up your ass.

Dspariland yeah the LRB looked very promising as opposed to SA with their hit or miss cast receivers. I figured silicon nickel and an np3 bolt would be great(exactly what POF used to do). Easy cleaning and maintenance and have the front of the action trued said:
Bickering aside, my point is that NP3/hard chrome/whatever other plating is not necessary and with an M14 type is a total waste of money. Generally reliability isn’t the issue with M14's it's accuracy, more correctly, repeatable accuracy. You can have the best barrel/bolt lock up in the world and have a fantastically accurate single shot but the real trick is getting the gas system to play nice and mount solidly into the stock. The GLFS is a nice sight and I use it myself but keep in mind that ultimately it's primarily the nut that keep the gas system together and must fit correctly to keep proper tension on the gas cylinder. M14 types don’t' have a "gasblock" they have a relatively complicated gas cylinder/piston/nut/stock plate that all must fit and interact to not only function the action correctly but also to properly lock the stock to the operating bits. The voodoo is somewhat, if not mostly, negated by unitizing your gas syatem but not totally. None of the operations to make this happen are terribly complex but they do require attention and quality parts.

I personally would not look at the Springfield white feather simply because of the questionable mount it comes with. I've heard several people tell me that they had problems with them (second hand) but I've also seen one that while tight, had been loose before and the owner had to practically glue it together. Also, the nature of the mount doesn't allow for mechanical sights as it uses the rear base to anchor the mount. Do some research on that mount and you'll see where it's weak.

I recommended Springfield Super Match simply because it's a good match level starter M1A. Buy it and shoot it and if it f&^ks up you send it back. And if you don't like it you won't be out as much as you will with an LRB. And if you do have any issues their warranty is top shelf. You can get into one of those for the $2-3k range match ready less glass where as you'll spend at least that for a GI clone LRB. I have about $4500 into my personal LRB less glass and I'm running a midweight, match internals, and walnut stock. Nothing too special but it runs like a raped ape.

Consider your price point and what you want and go from there. Keep in mind there are some cast receivers that are as highly regarded as forged (SEI) and Springfield has won LOTS of trophies over the years as well so don't let that be your total deciding factor.

Fulton has been hit or miss over the years but generally regarded as quality. Armscorp I wouldn’t touch with a 10' pole; Enterprise I have 0 first or even second hand knowledge of but they are rare. If you're stuck on building forged, you can also consider Polytech and or Norinco (in that order) as their receivers are generally considered 2nd in quality LRB only. 7.62mm brand is up and coming but have been having some teething problems out of the gate. I hear good things, but I think they have a ways to go yet to beat LRB.

And FYI, holding POF up to be some kind of gold standard doesn’t buy you lots of credibility with me either. You asked, I answered. Take my advice or don’t but I wouldn’t be too quick to judge a person’s knowledge or experience based on a bit of sarcasm or a profile.

my scout squad 18" barrel 3 shot group .900 outside to outside bullet holes at 100 yards with burris 2-8 scope. just under .5 inside to inside. factory ammo 168gr american eagle bullet. i was shocked. bad part is might have to sell it in my divorce.ouch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssmlr3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bad part is might have to sell it in my divorce.ouch </div></div>

Bummer. Sell it to a good friend for a dollar with the understanding you can buy it back for twice what he paid.

Having owned an M1A, and AR15, and an M1, I suggest something similar to an AR10. The M1A can be a good rifle, but it has chronic flaws and getting the most out of one is neither easy nor cheap. At least when you spend similar money on an AR10 platform, you're closer to the goal for the same expenditure.

For my own purposes, a DPMS LR260 comes closest to my chosen mark.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssmlr3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my scout squad 18" barrel 3 shot group .900 outside to outside bullet holes at 100 yards with burris 2-8 scope. just under .5 inside to inside. factory ammo 168gr american eagle bullet. i was shocked. </div></div>

The 18.0" & 18.5" barrels can be quite accurate.
I'm currently reconfiguring my USN MK14 Mod 1 type SEI, it has a chrome lined 18.0" standard weight barrel that's usually good for 1-1.5 MOA.
It is built on a Norinco receiver with USGI TRW parts. Divorce happens... I hope you find a way to keep your Scout.

IMG_3828.jpg

pretty solid info.I have 2 clones on LRB receivers with GI parts and a SEI gas system. Both of mine shoot really good and I have no complaints but they werent cheap to build. Damn near have 4 grand in each one w/o glass. Both of mine are in sage stocks and both have run flawless with a variety of different ammo.I tried to make mine as accurate as I could while still keeping them what they were meant to be... a battle rifle!!

And by the way, I also have a POF and mine has had zero issues. A little more picky about ammo but is pretty damn accurate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgj2025</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pretty solid info.I have 2 clones on LRB receivers with GI parts and a SEI gas system. Both of mine shoot really good and I have no complaints but they werent cheap to build. Damn near have 4 grand in each one w/o glass. Both of mine are in sage stocks and both have run flawless with a variety of different ammo.I tried to make mine as accurate as I could while still keeping them what they were meant to be... a battle rifle!!</div></div>

Battle rifles in SAGE stocks = EBRs.

USN MK14 Mod 0 type SEI, 18.0" medium heavy weight Crazy Horse barrel that's good for sub MOA accuracy.
The rifle is built on a Norinco receiver with USGI TRW parts.

IMG_3877.jpg

Is that the one your going to shoot in the next SH comp with in the spring? Anything Sub Moa will get it done w/o a doubt. I'd bet a MOA stick would as well.
You need to get with Frank now and get the free slot he offered you locked up. That way you'll have the info so you won't miss this one, with that stick.

You are well aware that the rifle pictured in my signature is the rifle I would use at any SH comp.
You are also well aware of the fact that this same rifle was at SEI for upgrades during the Fall bash.

Were did you make note to that, because I/we are not mind readers? You made comment to many 14 clones you owned, so one would think you had something to shoot?

Frank,
Whats the worst MOA a stick an driver can do, an still finish in the top 10 at a Hide shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You made comment to many 14 clones you owned, so one would think you had something to shoot?
</div></div>

I'll say it a little slower . . .

You are well aware that the rifle pictured in my signature is the rifle I would use at any SH comp.
You are also well aware of the fact that this same rifle was at SEI for upgrades during the Fall bash.

Very, very, slowly,....I'll ask again,... where is that in print? We are not mind readers.

So now that it's upgraded your taking that free slot, right?

Have an LRB as a basis of an XM21 build (with SAK NM barrel)-- built to NM standards by Charles Maloney. The rifle will easily do MOA despite my poor driving.

Recommendation: Find a reputable smith who knows M14s (in fact specializing in them or Garands).

SEI is going to be a future build--fantastic rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were did you make note to that, because I/we are not mind readers? You made comment to many 14 clones you owned, so one would think you had something to shoot?

Frank,
Whats the worst MOA a stick an driver can do, an still finish in the top 10 at a Hide shoot?</div></div>

I have no idea where you guys are headed with this... the slot was available for the Bash, H2O man missed the window and missed the match, over and done with... the next match is in the Spring probably first week in May, and if he can hold 2MOA across the course and shoot 75% he will win the match. Now caveat, saying it and doing it are two different things, but you get the point.

Guys from the military shoot the match all the time with their issued rifles, they are hardly 1/4" minute guns and they are very close to Top 10 in their performance.

I have a Garand accurized by a USMU armorer. Iron sights from a rest it shoots touching groups at 100yds. Promise. No M14 but close.

www.zediker.com/articles/m14_2.1.pdf

www.zediker.com/downloads/m14.html

[PDF] Zediker M14 Maintenance - M14 Maintenance, part one
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Zediker and Zediker Publishing. Note: M1A™ is a trademark for the Springfield Armory® version of this rifle. I prefer to use the “M14” label to identify ...
www.m14.ca/maintenance/ZEDIKER_m14_1.1.pdf

Zediker on reloading .308 for m14 simplified - THR
7 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Jan 22, 2009
Zediker on reloading .308 for m14 simplified Handloading and Reloading.
www.thehighroad.org › ... › Handloading and Reloading

Well before this M14 thread gets locked I just wanted to chime in quick.
If you get an M14/M1A platform rifle get the Sadlack NM Spring Guide. Instead of a stamped Guide (both my SAs had these) this is a single chunk of steel machined down. Here's a link to Desert Warrior Products that also have many other M1A accessories.
www.desertwarriorproducts.com
I bought 1 at first and installed it in mine. Sitting mine and my wifes side by side and slowly charging each rifle you can feel the difference that the Sadlak makes. Needless to say both have them now.
This is one of the easiest swaps a user can make to help out.

Does it really matter as to when and where H20MAN informed everyone that his rifle is away for service?
I have yet to find where it is mandatory to register where my M14 is, in order to chime in on a M14 thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kmcintosh78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it really matter as to when and where H20MAN informed everyone that his rifle is away for service?
I have yet to find where it is mandatory to register where my M14 is, in order to chime in on a M14 thread. </div></div>

To answer your question,
Read from page one until where it's locked,...good info but much more between the lines.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2174203#Post2174203

I have no idea where Gunfighter14e2 is heading with this... no idea at all.
Maybe he will explain his motivation.

I'm sorry but H20 Man you bailed out in the classic form of someone who wouldn't put up or shut up for the Fall Bash. Being too busy is one thing but saying you didn't have a rifle was cheap. Where are you getting all the pics of "your rifles"? Actions like the ones you have taken discredits any advice that you give in the future and only hurts the company's which you try to promote.

To the OP Gunfighter14e2 has given you some good advice. I've got a Springfield M1A in a Sage EBR stock and it will hold 3/4 MOA until it starts stringing mostly due to the pencil barrel and how fun it is to spit out 40 rds as fast as you can change mags. The issued M14 I carried in Iraq was a little more accurate and both have been dead nuts reliable. If you have one built SEI does put out one badass rifle. One of the other DM's in my Platoon had a Crazy Horse and that one would shoot half inch groups all day.

Gunfighter I like the quote in your sig line, talk about the way to call someone out.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kmcintosh78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it really matter as to when and where H20MAN informed everyone that his rifle is away for service?
I have yet to find where it is mandatory to register where my M14 is, in order to chime in on a M14 thread. </div></div>

To answer your question,
Read from page one until where it's locked,...good info but much more between the lines.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2174203#Post2174203

</div></div>

The thing I have issue with is folks like him that know everything but never show up anywhere to let others see first hand their internet claims. That is why I offered choice of either of my GAP's to be sent to Frank at the comp. for him to use.
There comes a point on this site everyone has to walk their talk. He's been telling everyone how to do this and that with M14 clones for so long I want to see it or have it seen by someone I trust. Being a M14 guy from 1964 on, I'm still able an willing to learn but at some point in time the teacher has to go to the field an do a show an tell,...that time is now.

There comes a time for folks like yourself to be honest... that time is right now.

Folks like you take huge wags, repeat them to yourselves but never have any ireputeable proof to back up the stories you fabricate and pass off as fact.

Everybody should walk their talk, exactly what talk of mine makes you think I've not walked it?

On the bright side, your experience with the M14 is invaluable and I appreciate it when you share your experience - without question.
Thanks.

I'm now thinking they were in fact right, and there is paper on you, after that rambling B/S.

I'm running a near-stock Springfield M1A Loaded w/ Extended Rail Cluster in a JAE-100 G2 stock. I'm pulling 1 MOA consistently with it using Federal American Eagle 7.62x51mm 168gr OTM. It's a very pleasing rifle, and the medium weight barrel performs well. I can only imagine the full capability if you were to build or go to a Super Match.

I say drop all the internet tuff guy crap. I am tired of reading posts/threads were someone expresses their opinions and/or experiences only to have others jump on them for any reason. Who cares if H20MAN missed or skipped a shoot out.
If you say you can get 1/4 moa with a slingshot out to 100 yards, then good for you.
It is the internet, not a pissing match.
This is a site to promote rifles/shooting and so on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kmcintosh78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say drop all the internet tuff guy crap. I am tired of reading posts/threads were someone expresses their opinions and/or experiences only to have others jump on them for any reason. Who cares if H20MAN missed or skipped a shoot out.
If you say you can get 1/4 moa with a slingshot out to 100 yards, then good for you.
It is the internet, not a pissing match.
This is a site to promote rifles/shooting and so on.
</div></div>

Agreed.

arguing-on-the-internet-is-like-running-in-the-special-olympics.jpg

Screw the bickering:

I got my M1A in 1977, (four digit ser. # 0068XX). It was a standard grade when I got it, but in the late 70s it was converted to a super or heavy match by NG Armor's (none other then Gene Barnett himself of Barnett barrels). Since that time I've been shooting it quite heavily in competition and practice for competition. The only thing I've had to do to it was replaced shot out barrels and stretched out slings. It still shoots today.

I also went to sniper school and have taught sniper schools using the military version (M21). Not to mention running the AK NG Rifle team using M14s. They are highly accurate and reliable.

For carrying purposes the Super Match is a bit heavy, not so for the standard weight NM M14/M1A/M21s.

Contrary to what is said by those who don't know any better, the original M21s with the ART Leatherwood Scopes are accurate and hold up quite will. In fact according to an NRA write up on the M14 a couple years ago, the M21 held up better, and spent less time in the maintenance shops in the jungles of SE Asia then the Marine Corps M40.

A critical factor on the NM M14 is the bedding. It holds up if left alone. Meaning leave the damn thing alone. There is no need to remove the action from the stock. Any cleaning and maintenance can be accomplished without removing the action. The action should be removed ONLY by qualified NM armors. If removed the rifle needs re-seating and possibly a touch up of the bedding.

Even if one chooses the Standard M1A over the NM version, it should be capable of holding 2.5 MOA, which is enough to score in the high 90s on the NRA 600 or 1000 yard target. Something you don't see in real life on those rifles that reportedly shoot sub minute groups. Long range shooting is about the shooter not the rifle.

Contrary what you read on the internet, you don't need all the gimmicks and placic stocks on the M14/M1A. They will shoot, it's the operator that makes a rifle shoot, not the gimmicks.

So, are you going to the Bash or not, H2OMan? Are you ever going to post groups that you've shot yourself? Either action would go a long way to making your time on here more peaceful.

I thought we cleared this up?
Save the BS Bash and bashing for other forums and PM.
Who cares if he is or is not. That has no relevance to this post.

m1a and m14 precision builds are a money pit. Better to pic an AR in 308 that will cost less, be more accurate, be more consistent AND have better ergonomics.

I'd just like to reference the coatings- They do more than just make it easier to clean- they increase lubricacy and corrosion prevention. Robar claims their NP3 is so slick that NP3 to NP3 contact requires no lubrication and their finish is warranted for life. I've had a number of firearms coated by them and it's not just for ease of cleaning.

Back to the debate

I just got my Supermatch a few weeks ago. I haven't had the time or ammo to really get a feel for her just yet but I definitely see Sub-MOA potential. I only had 20 rounds of reloads my Brother made in 1999 and never used in his M1A. I used 10 of them to get her on paper after mounting my Leupold 3.5-10x Scope on the ARMS mount that came with her. (It's not as easy when you can't bore-sight first). The next 10 were in two 5 shot groups that were not impressive at all. There were 2 variables that messed with my groups.

First, the ammo was 12 years old, 150gr. and they were all crimped (Which I believe messes with accuracy).
Second, and more importantly, I'm used to shooting a 40X Repeater in a fully adjustable McMillan A5 with about a 2LB. single stage trigger.

I could keep 3 of the holes touching but the other 2 were about 1.5" out and in no particular order or place.

I'll be posting a Range report on her as soon as I can either get ahold of some Match ammo or make some of my own. Anyway, here she is:
22b0pv.jpg

No more of a money pit then say a POF 308, starting at $3k.
The SAI M14 gets a bad rap, due to people voicing issues. But, SAI fixes them free of charge.

The M14 fits me and feels better then an AR platfrom.

My SAI 2009 22" Standard will do 1" MOA at 100 yards. Only Mods are unitized Gas cylinder and trigger group worked.

I have heard from some that the SOCOM line have issues.

Say what you will in a negative light reference the M1A platform. I have two, like them both, and both shoot very well at 100 yards.

This M1A was built using USGI parts and a fresh virgin Norinco receiver. As it sits, it shoots 1" with no problems, much better IMO than one would think.

[img:center]http://
Sage1.jpg
[/img]

Here she is before the SAGE stock... as you can see, she shoots good in wood as well...

[img:center]http://
M1Agroup.jpg
[/img]

ETA: I know shes dry. Been corrected.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6pt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

This M1A was built using USGI parts and a fresh virgin Norinco receiver.
As it sits, it shoots 1" with no problems, much better IMO than one would think.
Sage1.jpg
[/img]
</div></div>

Nice EBR!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

A critical factor on the NM M14 is the bedding. It holds up if left alone. Meaning leave the damn thing alone. There is no need to remove the action from the stock. Any cleaning and maintenance can be accomplished without removing the action. The action should be removed ONLY by qualified NM armors. If removed the rifle needs re-seating and possibly a touch up of the bedding.

</div></div>

Agreed.
Traditional bedding delivers excellent results, but if for some reason you find it necessary to pull the action from the stock often the bedding does not hold up well.

The tension bedding utilized by TROY and JAE and the battle proven SAGE EBR deliver excellent results.
The action can be removed and re-installed by the average person as often as needed without fear of degrading accuracy.

It is the operator that makes a rifle shoot... shooting an M1A/M14 rifle that has been properly modernized and enhance is a real treat for the operator.

I freaking hate Clyde Armory right now... They don't ship to CA so now I have to ship to someone outside of CA (which everyone is scared since they think it's illegal), then have them ship to me. Nothing like paying shipping twice to make you feel like a criminal and get something that's perfectly legal in your state...

Other than that I'm looking forward to trying out a Sage Mod 1 stock if I can ever get my hands on one. I've tried a McMillan M3A using the Ft. Devon steel bedding block and a JAE-100 G2 so far, both stocks made their barreled actions shoot very well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I freaking hate Clyde Armory right now... They don't ship to CA so now I have to ship to someone outside of CA (which everyone is scared since they think it's illegal), then have them ship to me. Nothing like paying shipping twice to make you feel like a criminal and get something that's perfectly legal in your state...</div></div>

That sucks, I'll look into it on this end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I freaking hate Clyde Armory right now... They don't ship to CA so now I have to ship to someone outside of CA (which everyone is scared since they think it's illegal), then have them ship to me. Nothing like paying shipping twice to make you feel like a criminal and get something that's perfectly legal in your state...</div></div>

That sucks, I'll look into it on this end.

</div></div>

I just got it taken care of, should have it in about two weeks.