• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

m200 vs our xm408

opksrj

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2009
www.knesekguns.com
going to be putting together a video soon of a side-by-side of the CheyTac with our XM408 - anything you guys would like to see inparticular in the video?

Re: m200 vs our xm408

Total drop difference between same loaded rounds through each rifle at 1500 and 2000. I would like to know the true difference between controlled spin barrel and non controlled spin barrel. Also who is making your barrels now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Total drop difference between same loaded rounds through each rifle at 1500 and 2000. I would like to know the true difference between controlled spin barrel and non controlled spin barrel. Also who is making your barrels now? </div></div>

+1 on the barrel differences!

SCL

Recoil difference with the m200 bipod and without. Side by side shots. I want to know if the m200 bipod is better or more stable

Side by side, same scopes, ammo, suppressors, shooter etc. Accuracy @ 1000, 1500, 2000 and 2400 yards. Barrel life, receiver materials, weight, cost, etc....

When can we expect to see this video? I can't wait
grin.gif

Is it going to be substantially cheaper than the M200? Also, is there a potential SH's member discount?

Yes thats jsut a plastic type thread protector. I have an identical one for my M96 EDM.

CJG

Mechanic/JimmyM40A2 - Yes, that is the thread cover

DesertHK - Yes, quite a bit less costly than the M200 at retail pricing, I'll see what I can do to work some sort of a SH discount

Did some testing with the THOR XM408 today at the Fort Chaffee sniper competition:

THOR-Global-Sniper-Competition-Chaffee-2.jpg

THOR-Global-Sniper-Competition-Chaffee-3.jpg

THOR-Global-Sniper-Competition-Chaffee-4.jpg

THOR-Global-Sniper-Competition-Chaffee.jpg

As a side note, I got to speak with Chris Estadt from Vortex optics and check out a few of their products at this event - I was very impressed with their line, great glass and a really nice feel overall.

Is the long range ready yet there on Westville??
I will probably be out this afternoon.

Chuck

whats the cost on the rifle? and what are the muzzle threads? I already have a 408 suppressor.... might be interested in getting this set up.

I would like to see the some of the classic F/U's of these platforms, stocks collapseing when shooting, (hopefully the shooter will not need stitches like pic that was around a while back) mags dropping out when shooting, weapon firing when bolt closing,bolt coming apart, zero change with barrel on and off...good luck with your editing

I can't wait to see the differences in performance. I would think they would be minimal since they are very similar. But we will see soon. The price should be very different on the rifle.

Nope..Cheytac now does a .375 version of the M200, but unless something changed recently, EDM wasn't making any .375 setups.

I have a Windrunner in 50, and had planned on adding a 408 barrel, but have been more attracted to the 375. If the price were reasonable I would just get one of these instead of converting the Windrunner.

Thw windrunner is a 1st class rifle. The stocks don't collapse while shooting and the mags don't fall out. Just remember you can't fix stupid! Make sure the stock and mag are locked in place b4 the trigger is pulled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smudaaar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The stocks don't collapse while shooting and the mags don't fall out. </div></div>

REALLY???

So that is why years ago when I flew out to shoot and pickup my EDM 408 that Bill Ritchie knew exactly what the problem was when I called him from Mountain Range and said my mags kept falling out after first round being fired and I was told to come back into shop for solution. Guess being they don't fall out is reason he had an exact spring size but heavier weight just sitting there on the table for when I got back huh?

Thanks