• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mag vest or carrier for 8-12 5.56 pmags?

problemchild

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Not looking for a plate carrier right now. I would like something with the new tension retention system if possible. Whats the best mag carrier going right now for 8-12 30rd pmags?

Last edited:
Holy crap is that a lot of mags! I'm in Afghanistan and I still only carry 6+1 on the road that are on me. The more you have on your chest, the more they get in the way. I'd suggest you look to keep it down to 6 or less as any more gets heavy, throws you off balance, and really interferes with weapons manipulations and positions. The rest go into a backpack or whatnot, such as a CamelBack Mule or a bail out bag.

But if you really want to go heavy, then take a look at the modular platforms from HSGI with the "Taco" pouches. You can also go old school with a Rhodesian style chest rig such as from Blackhawk or HSGI (used both, thumbs up from me), and that will give you a 12 mag capacity, though tight in the pouches. I run no more than two per pouch in those.

I looked at those, and they are not really want I want. Are there any other suggestions? Maybe even a PC that will also hold 8 mags

I looked at those, and they are not really want I want. Are there any other suggestions? Maybe even a PC that will also hold 8 mags

Look at TYR tacticals PICO, you can configure it to carry that many mags. Also look at Rogue gunfighters LVR. Look at LBT's line. There is a shit load of systems out there, it would help if you posted your likes/dislikes to help narrow it down.