• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mail Call Mondays

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Guys we are kicking off a weekly web series on YouTube.

It's a question and answer format. Since each of our video reviews seems to generate a ton of questions not really related to the item being reviewed, I wanted to give an outlet for those questions.

I also want to push myself to keep a regular schedule on getting the videos out, hence the title.

What I need from you guys is some input. Please check out the video and hit us up with your questions. I will do my best to answer them based on my experience, or find the answers if I don't know.

Thanks,
John McQuay

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZXfqxtPh0k&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZXfqxtPh0k&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Mail Call Mondays

I'm already subbed but I'm glad to hear you're ramping up production. You have some of the better, more professional videos on youtube and we need that to offset all the hillbillies shooting watermelons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm already subbed but I'm glad to hear you're ramping up production. You have some of the better, more professional videos on youtube and we need that to offset all the hillbillies shooting watermelons. </div></div>

haha, those are so informative and eye opening though!
whistle.gif

Ok i'll ask the first question..."I want to buy a tactical sniper rifle. Which one is the best assuming i care only about how it looks and that it is used by SEALS ?"

Ok ok. I have some real q's and will sign up and ask them now. Great idea and thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok i'll ask the first question..."I want to buy a tactical sniper rifle. Which one is the best assuming i care only about how it looks and that it is used by SEALS ?"

Ok ok. I have some real q's and will sign up and ask them now. Great idea and thanks.

</div></div>

You forgot: "Oh yeah, I want to shoot to 1,000 yards but can't spend more than $400 for the rifle and a sniper scope..."
grin.gif

On a serious note, I'd be interested in how many rounds you think is an accurate measure of whether a particular rifle "likes" a factory load? I'm stuck with factory stuff for now (all my handloading gear is packed up and won't come out of the bins until October or so when I can move back with HH6) so if I don't have to spend $40+ for two boxes or more of a factory "match" load if one box/20 rounds will serve as a sufficient test, I'll pass on the multiples and be able to give a wider variety of loads a try.

Took a look at some of your video uploads.

I think you can make a real difference in the education of the common internet commandos not to mention the people that really want to learn about their equipment choices.
It’is real and solid stuff and a welcome change from the usual YouTube offerings.

Oh, I also subscribed to help get your numbers up. I’m looking forward to watching the weekly fare.

Best of luck to you,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nightforce scopes?? Good or bad?</div></div>

Complete and utter cow manure. You don't want to risk damaging one's reputation by putting such fragile, inconsistent, unreliable optics onto your precision rifle. Don't worry, we're here to help. Please PM for the address you can dispose of any unwanted Nightforce scopes at. And remember, it's for your own good.
wink.gif

We should actually have a new NXS with MLR2.0 showing up this week or next. I will be more than happy to give you my opinion at that point, but thus far Nightforce scopes have been excellent.

"Mail Call Mondays" is slightly delayed this week. We had a match on Sunday and I didn't anticipate how long the process was going to take. It's rendering now, but eposode 1 ended up at almost 40 minutes. I hope you guys are pleased with the results. There is a learning curve to meeting a production deadline and I am WAY behind it.

Rendering finished this morning. I am screening it now and will get it up as soon as I finish checking it.

The render usually doesn't take that long, but this time it was an eight hour render that errored out twice.

I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. Thanks for the effort!

dave

The new Episode is up!

Better late than never!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dGscGVp_a94&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dGscGVp_a94&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Very nice! I see some very interesting video's coming.

what does 8541 stand for? I like your work..thank you

He answered it in the video. Military MOS. Scout Sniper from USMC.

Lonewolf you did good!

As always man you continue to impress. Thank you for all you do. I went ahead and subscribed a sceond account just to make sure I didn't miss anything :^)

Keep it up we'll be watching!

Haha I thought that NF question was a joke. Surprised to see it answered. Great video, great answers. Lookin forward to next weeks episode. Keep it up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haha I thought that NF question was a joke. Surprised to see it answered. Great video, great answers. Lookin forward to next weeks episode. Keep it up. </div></div>

I am pretty sure it was, but I felt inclined to answer anyway.

I thought that was one of the more nicely-done Q/A videos I've seen on Youtube--since my question got featured/answered, I'll be taking appointments from 0137-0144 on Monday morning in case anyone wants my autograph...
wink.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Awesome....I always enjoy your vids. Always so informative and I'm with the general consensus about the professionalism.

I subscribed. Thanks!

Question:

Can you give us your opinion on the cost vs. benefits of re-crowning a factory barrel?

LoneWolf, thanks for taking the time to address the broad range of topics. You made some valid points that will come in handy. Reeeeally looking forward to your way to reload and clean. I most definitely over clean my gas guns, and would like to see how a seasoned shooter such as yourself manages it.

I just watched your latest click,well done. Thanks, for your efforts.

The latest episode:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l3ZHTtiIv1E&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l3ZHTtiIv1E&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Love the shirt!

From a practical/tactical point of view what are your thoughts on using a quick cuff type sling verses a rapid adjust sling like the VTAC, for field work and/or competition use?

Dave