• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mall Ninjas, Armchair Rangers, Keyboard commandos

Short-bus

customguncoatings.com
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2008
Smithville, MO
www.customguncoatings.com
So I thought i'd start a thread here on this as this was something at work today that had got me a little hot under the collar for a while today.

We've all come across the mall ninjas at the range, as well as the often seen, and heard Armchair rangers, and keyboard commandos. They proceed to tell us that the Barska SWAT they're using is the greatest scope ever reviewed by NERD magazine, or whatever the case may be. We even will run into them at work, the post office, the gas station, the sporting goods section at Wal-Mart is always a good place to look.

I enjoy getting a good laugh of range stories, things that were just off the wall, or the posers that get caught in the act of telling a pretty big lie, stuff like that.

What started this off, was a little conversation I quite briefly had with a co-worker today before start-up;

Since last night was new years eve he proceeded to tell me that he emptied the 15rd "clip" of his .357sig that he was issued when he was in the military towards the sky.

Here's the conversation:

Me: You were military? What branch?
MN: Marines
Me: What was your MOS?
MN: Huh? Dude, you're talkin' over my head here.
Me: Were you 0311? What?
MN: I don't know man, I got out in like 2001. I was recon though.
Me: I see.

I walked away. This guy I was fairly cool with me up until that point.

Now, those of you that are/were Marines, pick it apart and tell me how many things are just so wrong about the conversation. First things first, everyone who has ever served, have you ever forgotten your primary MOS, let alone the names of your instructors in basic? I went in 1997 and still remember my Drill Sergeant's names.

Just for gits and shiggles, I looked up the requirements for Recon, and i'm pretty sure the first one would knock this guy out of the running even if he really was a Marine. You're ASVAB must be at least 105. I think he would have tested somewhere around 1 or 2. A happy meal could get at least a 10.

On with the show, let's hear those stories of one-upmanship from the guy that was using a .30-06 to your .308, and a 250gr bullet to your 208 grain bullet (yes, this actually happened to me recently).

Branden

Re: Mall Ninjas, Armchair Rangers, Keyboard commandos

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A related side note about randomly firing guns into the air on NY eve:

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=139274&catid=3

Morning news reports indicate the bullet came down through the church roof, and was fired by some unknown reveler. </div></div>

Thats sad.

I wasn't in the Marines, an ex Army guy here, but aside from a Marine being too smart to just blaze away into the night with a .357 that has more capacity than I have heard of, there are things that obviously come to mind...

You don't remember your MOS? He got out in like 2001? I remember EXACTLY what day I ETS'd. Throw a few acronyms at him that any Marine would know, you should have called him on it, that is pathetic....

I was never a front line infantry soldier, but I was proud to do what I did (97G, basic at Ft. Lost in the Woods, AIT in Ft. Huachuca, and active at Ft. Meade), it just pisses me off to no end that every single person I meet that we end up talking about the military is either a Ranger, or a SEAL, or was in Recon, but can't tell me where they went to basic because it's CLASSIFIED.

That's my favorite line of all, it was CLASSIFIED..... One would think if you were going to BS that much, you would do a little research so you could name off an MOS, where you did basic, AIT, what unit/s you were in and learn a few acronyms while you were at it.....

Why can't they just say, "I was never in the military, but I sure respect what they do"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A related side note about randomly firing guns into the air on NY eve:

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=139274&catid=3

Morning news reports indicate the bullet came down through the church roof, and was fired by some unknown reveler. </div></div>

Sad deal.

There is a 70+ page roasting of the most recent victim stickied to the top of the Lounge section of SiGForum. Poser extrordinaire and when called on it by the mods, threatened one of the Co-Owner/Admin/Mods repeatedly. I guess it was an obviously veiled attempt at restoring his honor, but having read then dug into it on some other forums I belong to I discovered that this POS lacks ANY concept of what Honor is.

I searched the User List to see if any of his monikers was present here and didn't find any. Well, any of the known and publicly outed ones. Douches like this and the two recent news items of Marine posers get my blood up. Former Army and not a Devil Dog, but these stains stand on the achievements gotten through the blood, sweat, tears and lives of honorable service members who have served this nation before me, with me and for me since I got out and continue serve this nation for the forseeable future.

I truly wish they would get at a minimum a public caning.

Re: Mall Ninjas, Armchair Rangers, Keyboard comman

This tragedy got me thinking about terminal velocities of falling projectiles, and the debate on whether or not this could be lethal (off topic, I know - so I'll keep it short).

My understanding was that a bullet reaches a non-lethal terminal velocity if falling straight down, but can be lethal if it carries forward momentum in the declination. So, if the bullet was traveling in a path similar to an artillery projectile, it would be going faster than a terminal vertical velocity, and potentially lethal.

The following article disputes this by postulating a 30cal bullet weighing .021 lbs (147gr) achieves a terminal velocity of 300ft/s with 30 ft pounds of energy. When one considers the large weight to surface area ratio (pointy end), it's conceivable that a falling bullet could be lethal in striking someone in the head.

Source: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read...n-it-comes-down

In regards to the OP, I've never understood someone's desire falsify their life just to impress a stranger. In my opinion, if they place this small a value on their integrity, then they just don't warrant my taking them seriously - which usually results in a dismissive head shake at best.

What idiot claims to have been in the military in recent times and doesn't even bother to know what an MOS is? If you are going to be a lying piece of $hit at least put some pride and effort into it so you don't make the people you are imitating look like morons too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What idiot claims to have been in the military in recent times and doesn't even bother to know what an MOS is? If you are going to be a lying piece of $hit at least put some pride and effort into it so you don't make the people you are imitating look like morons too. </div></div>

The above mentioned POS-er claims relation to an Army Kiowa pilot that was KIA in Iraq. Outed with references that he has NEVER been related much less the brother of said pilot, oh and he claims to have been a pilot in theater too. Also claims LEO as a patrol officer as well as a Sherrif Deputy. Claims further to having served 3 tours overseas 2 in Iraq and 1 in A-stan. The list is long on claims and short on truthful facts.

i never had the honor of serving. disability not lack of desire kept me out. but ive had alot of family in the marines, seabees, and army air corp. hell there are so many acronyms, you would have to put in alot of effort to be a good fake. the posers cant even get that right, you know the couldnt hack it in the service. hell even if you were just a cook, you still did a valuable job. why lie? im glad more people are looking into false claims and stolen valor. keep up the good fight and shine a bright light on that which doesnt seem right. they will scatter like the roaches they are

The bludgeoning continues, and the best part of it all is that it is being done with his own words. I know I have been in touch with Mods on a couple of other forums and there are locked accounts with his IP address on them now. Finding fewer and fewer places to spew his lies is only the first part of this. I have not heard the phone calls with threats, but that is certainly one way to lose your badge - if in fact you are a LEO. Leaving messages on an answering machince provides evidence of behavior to a prosecutor as well. Not sure just how far the Co-owner of the forum will take this, but it seems that if one behaves in a certain way, one gets what they deserve..........good or bad.

This just goes to show that alot of people just talk out of there ass without having any experience at all. Had an Master Sergent (E-7)in the AF tell me that a 5.56 M16 could be aimed right at someone 2000 yards away and hit them every time. Said that is what maximum effective range meant. I being a e-4 at the time just laughed it off. This guy was actually in the AF and was serious as a heart attack.

Unfortunately the Mall Ninja wasn't there today, I was armed with a lot of researched information and carefully planned questions that gave little indication as to the proper response.

Questions like;

"How did you get into recon?"
"What unit were you with?"

You just don't forget that stuff. I recall everything. I was with 3rd platoon, F Co, 1/50th Inf in basic, B Co. 2/187th Inf (Rakkassans) at Ft. Campbell. My drill sergeant was Drill Sergeant Stanziola (spelling?), we all swore that he was delta force, lol. BTW, I got out in 2000, I guess everything has switched over to Brigade Combat Teams or something like that. I don't even know if my old unit exists anymore.

All this talk about mall ninjas reminds me of a guy named "Dave" who frequents the public range that I used to frequent, and he used to lecture others as to what "real snipers" use for their equipment. He also loved his Remington Sendaro "Sniper" rifle in .300 mag that shoots one hole at 100 yards.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You just don't forget that stuff. I recall everything. I was with 3rd platoon, F Co, 1/50th Inf in basic, B Co. 2/187th Inf (Rakkassans) at Ft. Campbell. My drill sergeant was Drill Sergeant Stanziola (spelling?), we all swore that he was delta force, lol. BTW, I got out in 2000, I guess everything has switched over to Brigade Combat Teams or something like that. I don't even know if my old unit exists anymore.

</div></div>

2/187 still exists. All the Infantry brigades of the 101st transitioned to BCTs around 2005. 1st and 2nd battalions remained the same designation-wise, but the 3rd battalions of each brigade were changed to Cavalry unit designations.

haha i hear ya... US Army 95b Military Police, Fort McClellan AL, 1997, Bravo 795, 2nd platoon , Drill Sgt Macawalm, Senoir Drill Sgt Kirkland. You just don't forget basic.. even with therapy it sticks with ya.. haha and that was just the Army. I'm sure the Marines have there own special lil slice of hell they go through...

Dust,

never served myself; medical kept me out. BUT... next time you run into the Mall Ninja kick him in the nuts for me. I have a lot of respect for you guys that did or are doing the service, and work with a lot of guys who are NG or Reserve and activated now. These goofball posers are the lowest of the low.

Anyone have any insight into why this is becoming more prevalent?

I know this occurs all the time, but it does seem like you run across more posers now than usual.

I am a fairly non-confrontational person. When I come across one of the posers, I usually just listen to them BS me. It seems like the less I challenge them and just listen, the deaper they dig themselves in. I guess the look on my face says it all, but I try to just let them go.

Most of the time, I think it is funny, sad and pathetic, but funny. Some times it becomes infuriating, but most are harmless. In fact, the vast majority I have run into could not convince anyone other than a 14 year old of their pedigree.

I think the main reason that all the fake SEALS/Rangers/Recon Marines are popping their heads up these days is at least partly due to all the recognition that service members get today.

A long time ago (from what I've been told and read) it wasn't popular to be in the service. Some time later, it was accepted and even appreciated, but not NEARLY as vocalized as it is now. So, all the fake commandos are wanting to be in the spotlight like everyone else, but don't want to make the commitment (or simply can't, won't or shouldn't). They want their pat on the back too.

As for myself, I served just a few days less than a year with the USMC. I was just a few weeks from graduating SOI, and (long story short) was sent packing with a medical discharge. I spent a little under 6 months in boot with two broken feet (turning down a possible medical discharge) just to get the boot later on. I'm proud of my service, however little it was. I made the commitment, earned the title and completed some of my schooling; just never got to use any of it. Not everyone is destined for the fleet...

If anyone ever asks me, I'll tell them I'm a Marine, and if they want the whole story I'll be glad to share. But, you'll never hear me bragging about my world-wide exploits as there weren't any.

What, with all the Rangers, SEALS, Delta, PJ's, and Recon Marines out there, I'm surprised there was anybody left to answer the phones, deliver the mail, count the blankets in supply, etc., etc....

-WRM

I know you remember the TV coverage of Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. Will you mever forget Navy Seals 3, Somali Pirates zip? The personal interviews on the nightly news, Documentaries like "Sniper, Inside The Crosshairs" or Blackhawk down all contribute to this phenomenon. Military Service is in vogue guys, like it has not been since WWII. The Operational Arts are once again a respected profession.

Every timid little suckass out there in cyberspace and the workplace see's the respect we pay to our men and women in uniform, and want some for themselves. So they make up a BS story and pass it out at every opportunity. Few out there know enough to call them on it so they pass. If those of us who know better don't call them on it, if we don't humiliate them over it, in their eyes we give them legitimacy.

John Kerry tried it because he did not think anyone would throw the BS flag. But some did.

Each and every time we let one of these posers pass we dishonor everyone who has ever put on a uniform. Regardless of whether they went in harms way or not we tarnish their reputations or their memory.

Every time I look at our Flag or hear our National Anthem I am reminded of the price some of the men I served with paid to defend it. I, for one, will never give a poser a free pass.

As a former member of Delta Force specializing in the training of anti-terror dolphin ninja sappers, I think you're being too harsh.

I'd like to tell you all about how I won my CMH but it's still classified.

They should just make the whole Marine Corps "Recon".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a former member of Delta Force specializing in the training of anti-terror dolphin ninja sappers, I think you're being too harsh.

I'd like to tell you all about how I won my CMH but it's still classified. </div></div>
what's it like to work with Dennis Haysbert?

Don't confuse the conflation of a persons record, which John Kerry did, to making it up altogether, like character actor Brian Dennehey (SP) did.

Kerry served , but did so in a calculated fashion in order to enhance his political career ambitions. Dennehey told people for many years he had been a Marine and subsequently admitted he had lied, about 12 years ago.

The Irony is that Kerry could have been the hero he loudly insists he is, had he served his whole tour with the swift boats. He claimed three purple heart earning wounds yet never was evacuated. The subsequent new canard about being "Swift boated", is to state one is being untruthfully attacked by political opponents. It is used all the time by democrats to defend any charge, to the extent that politcians will defiantly state, "I won't let my campaign be "Swiftboated".

Problem is, the men Kerry served with are far more credible and their sworn testimony has never been refuted by Kerry. And Kerry, for all his blather about being slandered, has still not sued these individuals. The only defense against a slander suit is truth. So who really is lying?

Nearly as eggregious as the phony veteran is the Kerry-esque fraud who claims a record far in excess of his actual service accomplishments. While they bask in the praise of a grateful nation and prosper in their post military careers, perhaps this explains some of the motivation of the never serving phonies.

Lying about one's past is hardly a new phenomonon.

What drives me nuts is the many homeless people that I have seen around detroit with signs saying U.S. veteran. I have actually asked a couple of them about their service and everytime I have, I can tell they are full of shit. I know that there are homeless veterans out there but many homeless people just seem to write it on their signs "because". This makes my blood boil.

Eddie Murphy in "Trading Places"

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s74qrOyJJv4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s74qrOyJJv4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Midodgeguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What drives me nuts is the many homeless people that I have seen around detroit with signs saying U.S. veteran. I have actually asked a couple of them about their service and everytime I have, I can tell they are full of shit. I know that there are homeless veterans out there but many homeless people just seem to write it on their signs "because". This makes my blood boil. </div></div>

Fwiw it might be BECAUSE they're starving? Dont get me wrong, I dont give them anything, as I have been scammed more than once. Their bs has hardened me to their plight. Im sure that there might be some that are actually starving though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pok</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Midodgeguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What drives me nuts is the many homeless people that I have seen around detroit with signs saying U.S. veteran. I have actually asked a couple of them about their service and everytime I have, I can tell they are full of shit. I know that there are homeless veterans out there but many homeless people just seem to write it on their signs "because". This makes my blood boil. </div></div>

Fwiw it might be BECAUSE they're starving? Dont get me wrong, I dont give them anything, as I have been scammed more than once. Their bs has hardened me to their plight. Im sure that there might be some that are actually starving though. </div></div>and by starving you mean dope sick?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a former member of Delta Force specializing in the training of anti-terror dolphin ninja sappers, I think you're being too harsh.

I'd like to tell you all about how I won my CMH but it's still classified. </div></div>

What kind of sidearm do real anti-terror dolphin ninja sappers carry while "in the field"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pok</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a former member of Delta Force specializing in the training of anti-terror dolphin ninja sappers, I think you're being too harsh.

What kind of sidearm do real anti-terror dolphin ninja sappers carry while "in the field"? </div></div>
i read about this once....some kinda head harness that mounts some kinda hyperdermic needle connected to a co2 cartridge...It seems they swim into the underwater badguys and hit them with this needle which violently injects them with the deadly dose of rapidly expanding gas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They should just make the whole Marine Corps "Recon".

</div></div>they might as well. They made everyone in the army a ranger when they started issuing the black berets.

Does anyone remember our current Secretary of State claiming to have volunteered for the Marines? Truly a shame she could have done so much good.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: psdavidson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They should just make the whole Marine Corps "Recon".

</div></div>they might as well. They made everyone in the army a ranger when they started issuing the black berets. </div></div>

Not really, some of us wore maroon ones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They should just make the whole Marine Corps "Recon".

</div></div>

And everyone in the Navy a Seal.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: psdavidson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They should just make the whole Marine Corps "Recon".

</div></div>they might as well. They made everyone in the army a ranger when they started issuing the black berets. </div></div>

Not really, some of us wore maroon ones. </div></div>
even non airborne troops? that would be a shame too.

Now now...don't go picking on the cool lil beasts that can't even use a keyboard:
http://www.spawar.navy.mil/sandiego/technology/mammals/force_protection.html
I dunno bout you guys but that damn sea lion snatchin onto a leg or putting something on it would be a bit of an attention getter

That's a complete myth, teaching them to type on a key board was easy.

The ju-jitsu on the other hand was a complete bitch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Midodgeguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What drives me nuts is the many homeless people that I have seen around detroit with signs saying U.S. veteran. I have actually asked a couple of them about their service and everytime I have, I can tell they are full of shit. I know that there are homeless veterans out there but many homeless people just seem to write it on their signs "because". This makes my blood boil.</div></div>

Statistically, 1/3 of the homeless men you encounter are veterans. http://www.nchv.org/background.cfm#facts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pok</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a former member of Delta Force specializing in the training of anti-terror dolphin ninja sappers, I think you're being too harsh.

What kind of sidearm do real anti-terror dolphin ninja sappers carry while "in the field"? </div></div>
i read about this once....some kinda head harness that mounts some kinda hyperdermic needle connected to a co2 cartridge...It seems they swim into the underwater badguys and hit them with this needle which violently injects them with the deadly dose of rapidly expanding gas.</div></div>

Anti-Terror dolphin ninja knife

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shark0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pok</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a former member of Delta Force specializing in the training of anti-terror dolphin ninja sappers, I think you're being too harsh.

i read about this once....some kinda head harness that mounts some kinda hyperdermic needle connected to a co2 cartridge...It seems they swim into the underwater badguys and hit them with this needle which violently injects them with the deadly dose of rapidly expanding gas.</div></div>

Anti-Terror dolphin ninja knife </div></div>
vyxhrk.jpg

WRMorrison,
I served a similar stint in the army. Although i wasnt able to complete all my schooling either i still feel I signed my name and attempted to serve. Not a day goes by that i dont regret and wonder if there was something I could of done to avoid the medical discharge. They found something in my back and said if i would land to hard on my heels it would paralyze me. I was in a airborne unit in the guard. They tossed me out quick. Year later got my medical discharge papers. I still wonder if I could somehow re-up and accomplish everything I started. 34 now but still have the drive and un finished buisness I would like to deal with. I hope you dont have same issues as i do about being told by some white jacket that you cant physicaly do something... I like to disagree.

That being said I think the posers and wanabee's in some way have a child like aww at our milatary and LE elite. Its like when your little running around in your under roos as super man. Yes its sad when they try to go Cliff Claven on everyone. But deep down they know how much of a POS they are and depression will take them sooner or later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRMorrison</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the main reason that all the fake SEALS/Rangers/Recon Marines are popping their heads up these days is at least partly due to all the recognition that service members get today.

A long time ago (from what I've been told and read) it wasn't popular to be in the service. Some time later, it was accepted and even appreciated, but not NEARLY as vocalized as it is now. So, all the fake commandos are wanting to be in the spotlight like everyone else, but don't want to make the commitment (or simply can't, won't or shouldn't). They want their pat on the back too.

As for myself, I served just a few days less than a year with the USMC. I was just a few weeks from graduating SOI, and (long story short) was sent packing with a medical discharge. I spent a little under 6 months in boot with two broken feet (turning down a possible medical discharge) just to get the boot later on. I'm proud of my service, however little it was. I made the commitment, earned the title and completed some of my schooling; just never got to use any of it. Not everyone is destined for the fleet...

If anyone ever asks me, I'll tell them I'm a Marine, and if they want the whole story I'll be glad to share. But, you'll never hear me bragging about my world-wide exploits as there weren't any.

What, with all the Rangers, SEALS, Delta, PJ's, and Recon Marines out there, I'm surprised there was anybody left to answer the phones, deliver the mail, count the blankets in supply, etc., etc....

-WRM </div></div>

Ricky Recon is everywhere these days it would seem.....

I may as well throw my tale into the mix.

A few years ago I was sitting around a campfire with a group of self professed former Delta Force, Seals and commandos of units still too secret to be talked about in public to those without proper clearance. When asked of my exploits I humbly said that although I was a member of a super secret Recon, Seal Delta unit in the Air Force I never really did anything of any consequence. They were impressed with my humility and told me I had nothing to be ashamed of, I was still one of the brothers. One of the other dorks suggested that I in fact probably did all kinds of shit I couldn't talk about because he knew of a guy who had been in the same unit who hinted at all kinds of secret activities that still could not be talked about. I about about split a gut on hearing that but did manage to squeeze out a rather eloquent fart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeltaP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may as well throw my tale into the mix.

A few years ago I was sitting around a campfire with a group of self professed former Delta Force, Seals and commandos of units still too secret to be talked about in public to those without proper clearance. When asked of my exploits I humbly said that although I was a member of a super secret Recon, Seal Delta unit in the Air Force I never really did anything of any consequence. They were impressed with my humility and told me I had nothing to be ashamed of, I was still one of the brothers. One of the other dorks suggested that I in fact probably did all kinds of shit I couldn't talk about because he knew of a guy who had been in the same unit who hinted at all kinds of secret activities that still could not be talked about. I about about split a gut on hearing that but did manage to squeeze out a rather eloquent fart. </div></div>

Was that right before Mr. Taggart walked up, looking for volunteers to destroy Rock Ridge?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeltaP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may as well throw my tale into the mix.

A few years ago I was sitting around a campfire with a group of self professed former Delta Force, Seals and commandos of units still too secret to be talked about in public to those without proper clearance. When asked of my exploits I humbly said that although I was a member of a super secret Recon, Seal Delta unit in the Air Force I never really did anything of any consequence. They were impressed with my humility and told me I had nothing to be ashamed of, I was still one of the brothers. One of the other dorks suggested that I in fact probably did all kinds of shit I couldn't talk about because he knew of a guy who had been in the same unit who hinted at all kinds of secret activities that still could not be talked about. I about about split a gut on hearing that but did manage to squeeze out a rather eloquent fart. </div></div>

Was that right before Mr. Taggart walked up, looking for volunteers to destroy Rock Ridge? </div></div>

Sorry I can't respond to that question OPSEC and all that. I'm sure you understand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeltaP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeltaP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may as well throw my tale into the mix.

Was that right before Mr. Taggart walked up, looking for volunteers to destroy Rock Ridge? </div></div>

Sorry I can't respond to that question OPSEC and all that. I'm sure you understand. </div></div>

Nicely handled. You obviously discerned my trap; Mr. Taggart interrupted the fart scene looking for a volunteer to kill the uppity ________ Sherrif of Rock Ridge. The decision to destroy it came later...

Great stories all, and the responses are priceless! lol.

As for the douche in my OP, I haven't had the heart to call him out on it in front of everyone, strike one for being such a nice guy. I did however bring it up to Danger Dave the safety guy who did retire from the corp. I talked to him for a while, and he's starting to sound like a mall ninja sometimes, but he's never said he was recon, or 8541, or anything of the like.

I'm hoping that one marine will put the poser marine down....hard.

I'm still waiting for the Delta guys to show up. Alas, they never seem to be able to handle my line of work.
grin.gif

Branden