• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

ACE/Ron, I know you from creekside.

Drmarc, which one are you? lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darkhorse6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got home from the practice weekend. What a great time! The weather could have been a little better, but the shooting and socializing was great. Joe and his crew really do it RIGHT! Special thanks to Joe and Ryan for helping all of us newbies learn to read the wind and spot trace better. Your help was greatly appreciated! I can't wait for the match! </div></div>

You are quite welcome sir, and we are very happy that everyone had a good time and learned. We are still fighting weather on the trip back, will post pics when we make it back.

Oh yea, anyone ever heard of the rear trigger retention pin shearing off on a M700 action??? That was a first for me....

Hi Jason, lol, My name is ~Ace~'s ol lady...better known as Trina...

I left before noon Saturday and was about 3 to 4 people to your left. That first picture you posted I'm sitting on my ass getting into my sling.
smile.gif

Cant wait to go out and watch the match next month, I'm guessing there will be a pretty good turn out despite it being in January based on the interest on this thread

"You are quite welcome sir, and we are very happy that everyone had a good time and learned. We are still fighting weather on the trip back, will post pics when we make it back."

Drive Safe Brother! It took us and extra hour to get home and we live close!

Great weekend! Joe & Ryan had alot of patients & taught us new guys a ton. Can't wait to go back in January to shoot & have a great time. Thanks again for a great weekend. Bolt56

I wanted to add a big thank you to Tom Sarver at Thunder Valley. They just got in as a sponsor and will be giving away a scope at the match.

Also, it will be posted tomorrow that all squading is final and what class you will be shooting will be final as of Thursday at midnight. If you you want to change classes it has to be done by thursday at midnight.

There are a few of you I have to chnage tonight and it will pdated tomorrow.

I would like to throw up a couple certificates for this event, hell, if a spot opens up, I might like to get in on this, with a 6.5x47.

PM me for a phone number, and where to send the certs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to throw up a couple certificates for this event, hell, if a spot opens up, I might like to get in on this, with a 6.5x47.

PM me for a phone number, and where to send the certs. </div></div>
Just PM 1b375 or socket70. Either of them can give you the info you need. Thanks

I'm paid and signed up for this event and just found out I can't make it. I don't know if this match if full but I have two spots available if someone wants them. PM me and let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bmorgan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm paid and signed up for this event and just found out I can't make it. I don't know if this match if full but I have two spots available if someone wants them. PM me and let me know. </div></div>

You need to PM Joe and let him know. There is a long waiting list of folks wanting to get in.

J<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bmorgan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm paid and signed up for this event and just found out I can't make it. I don't know if this match if full but I have two spots available if someone wants them. PM me and let me know. </div></div>

That is not how this works. You cant just offer up a spot. There is an ordered waiting list and we will assign a replacement. We will be in touch.

If you are not coming you need to contact me. You just can't give up your slots.

We have a waiting list and I need to contact them if you are not shooting.

I sent him a PM explaining all this right after he posted this morning. He will be in touch with Joe or Socket70
smile.gif

Anyone know if the hotel is full? I think that my roommate situation has fallen through, and need to get something squared away or i'll be sleeping in my car.

Branden

Guys let me clarify a few things. If you have any questions regarding the match you need to send me an email.

Socket70 and knight are friends of mine and are helping with some things, but when you ask them they just have to turn around and call me for the answer.

They know no more about the stages and the match than any one else. So please don't hound them about things. Just contact me at [email protected] and I will respond to your questions and concerns in a timely manner.

Calm down. Didn't know the rules but I do now.

Joe, I'll get back with you through email.

Bryan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know if the hotel is full? I think that my roommate situation has fallen through, and need to get something squared away or i'll be sleeping in my car.

Branden </div></div>

Call them now. I booked my room the week of thanksgiving...and they were almost completely booked.

I am now in squad 6. I made it. Feel sorry for the rest of you guys in 6. This is my first match. Can anyone think of must have to take with me. Shooting sticks, bi pod short and sitting. Binos. Calculator Some stratch paper. Eberly Stock pack. Are the things I can think of off the top of my head.
T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am now in squad 6. I made it. Feel sorry for the rest of you guys in 6. This is my first match. Can anyone think of must have to take with me. Shooting sticks, bi pod short and sitting. Binos. Calculator Some stratch paper. Eberly Stock pack. Are the things I can think of off the top of my head.
T </div></div>

Best thing I can advise you to bring is a good attitude. Your going to miss targets and lots of them, we all will - don't get pissy about it, lol. From what Joe is telling everyone try to partner up with someone if you can. Make sure you can communicate with your teammate and call misses accurately for follow up shots.

Bring a camp chair. Some serious cold weather/rain/snow gear.

Have FUN!

this is going to be a interesting match, weather is going to play a huge factor.. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bring a camp chair. </div></div>

I'm not a competition vet, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I am an ultralight hiker who is always very conscious about every ounce I carry.

Rather than a camp chair (which admittedly would be more comfortable), bring a 12x12 or so piece of closed cell foam. You can sit on it, stay reasonably comfy, but most of all stay warm for minimal weight.

The rules state that whatever you have with you on the 1st stage, you must carry throughout. I wouldn't want to carry a camp chair for a 2 day sniper comp along with heavy tactical rifle/optics, ammo, calculator, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm not a competition vet, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I am an ultralight hiker who is always very conscious about every ounce I carry.

Rather than a camp chair (which admittedly would be more comfortable), bring a 12x12 or so piece of closed cell foam. You can sit on it, stay reasonably comfy, but most of all stay warm for minimal weight.

The rules state that whatever you have with you on the 1st stage, you must carry throughout. I wouldn't want to carry a camp chair for a 2 day sniper comp along with heavy tactical rifle/optics, ammo, calculator, etc. </div></div>

You need to look at past match photos
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The rules state that whatever you have with you on the 1st stage, you must carry throughout. I wouldn't want to carry a camp chair for a 2 day sniper comp along with heavy tactical rifle/optics, ammo, calculator, etc. </div></div>

You need to look at past match photos
wink.gif
</div></div>

+1 and read some of the posts. The subject of the chair and other "down time gear" has been explained.

It is my understanding that whatever you bring with you WHILE RUNNING the first stage has to be with you WHILE RUNNING every stage, but you can carry whatever you want in between the stages.

I hope that is correct.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is my understanding that whatever you bring with you WHILE RUNNING the first stage has to be with you WHILE RUNNING every stage, but you can carry whatever you want in between the stages.

I hope that is correct. </div></div>

.....Yahtzee

lol that kinda looks like Knight and Bmarc....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol that kinda looks like Knight and Bmarc.... </div></div>

I don't know user names, but I have a good photo of "homegrown" (BIG dude with a new AI rifle) and "spider monkey" (his skinny partner) from one of the past matches around here somewhere...... nasty..just nasty...

lol carver I'm fairly certain I know who your talking about
smile.gif

Thats the name Dad and I call them, lol.

Good dudes...but that was one NASTY partner assisted shooting position they pulled off, lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
hwkhed.jpg

Hard to call corrections.... </div></div>
But very stable. Don't ask me how I know!

Poison,
I sure do hope my spotting scope doesn't fog up when you are shooting my stage.lol

I don't believe that will be a problem
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
hwkhed.jpg

But<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">t</span></span> <span style="color: #FF6600">v</span><span style="color: #FFCC33">e</span><span style="color: #33CC00">r</span><span style="color: #3333FF">y</span> stable. Don't ask me how I know! </div></div>

I fixed it for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If that's what it takes to make the shot.... My Partner will be on it. </div></div>

Your the only fella that has his wife for a spotter....not fair for the rest of us, lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If that's what it takes to make the shot.... My Partner will be on it. </div></div>

Your the only fella that has his wife for a spotter....not fair for the rest of us, lol</div></div>

I guess that does make me more Eager for that Position...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
hwkhed.jpg

But<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">t</span></span> <span style="color: #FF6600">v</span><span style="color: #FFCC33">e</span><span style="color: #33CC00">r</span><span style="color: #3333FF">y</span> stable. Don't ask me how I know! </div></div>

I fixed it for you. </div></div>
LMAO. Good one sir. Gotta be careful how you word things around this group. Somebody will be "all over it".

Guy's, we have made a change to the Caliber Classes. We have re-opened the Heavy Class and will have the website updated very soon.

With that said please tell all your friends and have your friends tell their friends.

If you would like to change to the Heavy Class please email Joe at [email protected] with your full name and that you want to switch to the Heavy Class. If you are planning on switching classes please email Joe ASAP.

Thank you,

With 18 Days left ? DAMN ! I Intended to shoot Heavy to begin with.

How does the Prize Table play out between the Classes ?