• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Composite Stocks Estimated Lead Times

Ordered a PRS 2 on 5/30/19 and still waiting. Looking forward to it.

I haven't seen this (haven't really looked) - but do we anticipate a similar 9 month-ish lead time on the new PRS-TCS stocks? I saw on Instagram where they (Manners) have new machines dedicated to cranking these out. Curious if these are meant to be a quicker turnaround option for a sweet ass stock?? The lead time has been the only thing holding me back...

I haven't seen this (haven't really looked) - but do we anticipate a similar 9 month-ish lead time on the new PRS-TCS stocks? I saw on Instagram where they (Manners) have new machines dedicated to cranking these out. Curious if these are meant to be a quicker turnaround option for a sweet ass stock?? The lead time has been the only thing holding me back...
We got some dedicated machines for the new stock and were thinking we can keep em in the sub 6 month timeline but hate to promise too much until we get enough of em going to know for sure.

I order from Manners quite a bit. Mine have all been running 6 months average but have been getting down to 5 or so. But everyone I know say that they are worth the wait when they do get them.

Reactions: RobertB
Emailed Robert a couple days ago, no answer so either he is super busy or my questions are stupid. (Eight years in the Marines teaches you there are actually stupid questions.) So I'll repeat them here.

I have a few questions before placing an order.
First question, Defiance just released a new action, the anTi. I'm assuming just selecting Defiance S/A will suffice in the stock builder? Not sure if it is another action just shaved down and I should select one of the actual action choices, or if it is different completely.

In place of an Atlas rail, I would like to put a RRS Arca rail on the front instead. Not sure if this is possible, if so how would we go about this.

Flush cup options, I don't see one that I particularly like in the list. Optimally, I would like one right side rear, and left side front. Mostly because this is how I'm accustomed to carrying my other rifles. If I can shave a little money and save $36 and not have to buy both options for left and right that would be nice.

Last question, do you need the barreled action?

If anybody can answer these for me that would be great. Thanks!

Emailed Robert a couple days ago, no answer so either he is super busy or my questions are stupid. (Eight years in the Marines teaches you there are actually stupid questions.) So I'll repeat them here.

First question, Defiance just released a new action, the anTi. I'm assuming just selecting Defiance S/A will suffice in the stock builder? Not sure if it is another action just shaved down and I should select one of the actual action choices, or if it is different completely.

In place of an Atlas rail, I would like to put a RRS Arca rail on the front instead. Not sure if this is possible, if so how would we go about this.

Flush cup options, I don't see one that I particularly like in the list. Optimally, I would like one right side rear, and left side front. Mostly because this is how I'm accustomed to carrying my other rifles. If I can shave a little money and save $36 and not have to buy both options for left and right that would be nice.

Just call them up. Floyd is particularly awesome to deal with. You can give more details placing an order over the phone such as what you want for flush cups etc.

Hey Man, did you get a response because I'm caught up on my e-mails other than a few from last night? [email protected] in case you have it in wrong. Let me know how I can help.

All those things you mention are easy for us. We don't have to have the barreled action either. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Hey Robert,

Did you ever hear anything on your end? Never heard anything on mine.
Responded back! The names didn't match up from order to e-mail so I was left wondering on yours lol. Your post here reminded me who's it was. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Is anyone running mdt mags on their mini chassis? Got a 12 rounder that’s very tight to get in. Accurate mags run fine but the mdt is tight. Just trying to diagnose if it’s a mag problem if I need to contact MDT or move the mag down the road for another accurate mag.

Is there any difference between starting with a flat top stock vs going with the made to order options when it comes to the action inlet?

Is the ejection port milled out after the stock is molded on both options?

Last edited:
Is anyone running mdt mags on their mini chassis? Got a 12 rounder that’s very tight to get in. Accurate mags run fine but the mdt is tight. Just trying to diagnose if it’s a mag problem if I need to contact MDT or move the mag down the road for another accurate mag.

I always use accurate mags for the mini chassis

Is there any difference between starting with a flat top stock vs going with the made to order options when it comes to the action inlet?

from my understanding the flat tops are production pieces waiting to inleted for which ever action. You may have more options with a made to order stock.

Either way its a long wait. With all the demand, i wish they would up production... Im slowly buying more chassis over stocks.

from my understanding the flat tops are production pieces waiting to inleted for which ever action. You may have more options with a made to order stock.

I worded my question poorly.

Is the ejection port and bolt handle area machined after the stock is molded?

Is there any downside buying a generic Rem 700 and having it opened up to fit an Impact or other similar action?

I worded my question poorly.

Is the ejection port and bolt handle area machined after the stock is molded?

Is there any downside buying a generic Rem 700 and having it opened up to fit an Impact or other similar action?
Impact, Surgeon and Lone Peaks have straight bolt handles vs REM, Defiance etc. The bolt stop will need to be opened up but a rem 700 inlet should work. The ejection port lines will prob be off also.

Impact, Surgeon and Lone Peaks have straight bolt handles vs REM, Defiance etc. The bolt stop will need to be opened up but a rem 700 inlet should work. The ejection port lines will prob be off also.

That is glaringly obvious.

Are the cutouts for the ejection port and bolt handle machined after the stock is molded or is it part of the molding process?

I believe ALL stocks are built as a FLAT TOP than sent into a CNC milling machine.

LRI had a cool video of his CNC machine inletting a stock top to bottom side to side. CK it out.

I forgot Manners came out w that new system for 2020. Good catch...

Hey Manners, would like to give a shout out to Jim. ?? Had a minor issue with a butt pad and he took care of me asap.

Sent email out Mon night regarding issue, received response next morning, replacement part scheduled for delivery tomorrow. That's service folks!!

Is the ejection port milled out after the stock is molded on both options?
There is no difference. The flat tops are simply stocks we think people would want and we build them out but not inlet them. After they are complete we put them on the website to be inlet to your specs. Whether short or long, right hand or left. That way guys who need something faster can get them if the model and color are acceptable to them.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

I tried to call as ask, but no one seems to ever answer the phone.
We have alot of options so phone calls can take awhile and many times we have all 3 guys on the phone at the same time. Never hesitate to email me at [email protected] if you can't get through and I'll be happy to help you. I've been out last few days for a marketing effort and catching up now. I'm always glad to help y'all. I started out on Snipers Hide and still love the community!

Reactions: CUTRIGHT
I ordered a stock last October and it arrived this week. The stock looks great and it came with Manners catalog and a sticker. I cannot wait to pillar bed the stock and get it to the range.

Just wanted to give Mr Tom Manners a huge THANK YOU. Manners customer service is the best I have ever delt with!

I’m still waiting on an order from June of last year. I paid about a month ago, but nothing shipped yet. Hopefully soon. I didn’t think the Form 4 would beat the stock.

I placed an order for a MCS-TA in Black Forest Camo this week and was quoted 6 months.

2E4EB028-D22C-4878-B233-AE9DB2E32A1F.jpeg

Thanks manners for doing something out of the ordinary for me. Feeds like a dream. This is only my second manners stock, there will be more!

I’m still waiting on an order from June of last year. I paid about a month ago, but nothing shipped yet. Hopefully soon. I didn’t think the Form 4 would beat the stock.
Hi, just sent you a pm, shoot me a pm with your build number and info. I’ll get right back to you. Thank you

Order is in and confirmed as of this afternoon for a PRS1TK. Read up on wait times before I ordered. Figure I have time and not like I have not waited the same amount or longer for other items before. Will be my first Manners. Up until now have done a couple MPA chassis.

Would like to order a Prs1 or the elite Prs1 i don’t know if I will get it by September. yes or no?

Ordered mine in October.
Just got the email saying will be ready in 4 to 5 weeks.
This will be my 4th manners stock.
3 out of the 4 I have ordered have taken right around 6 months. 1 took about 8 months.
Always worth the wait.

I just had an awesome customer service experience! I emailed Manners and asked to add two flush cups to my existing order. With in two minutes, I received a reply from Jim advising my changes have been added. Thanks Jim!

• Love
Ordered an EH2 on January 31st and received it last week. 3 months is almost unheard of!

That's not all though...

Also ordered an EH1 on Feb 10th and just received an email it was done today. WOWSER!

• Love