• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MARS-Lc Review & Order Link

SkyScrapin

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
strictlyoffensivekit.com

First and foremost, Strictly Offensive Kit (SOK) is an Envision distributor. SOK is now offering MARS-Lc here: CLICK ME. An automatic $200 discount is applied at check.

When Strictly Offensive Kit (SOK) first heard news of Envision’s weapon mounted laser range finder (WMLRF) with Applied Ballistics (AB) known as MARS-Lc, we instantly realized the product potential based on a few key characteristics: Size, Weight, Laser Module, Applied Ballistics, and connectivity to exterior devices. This write up serves as the basis for my experience having spent time in the field with this device. Foolishly or not, I try to learn a device prior to reading a manual to see how intuitive it is – I only just read the manual to insure I wasn’t missing anything worth noting here. Simply put, the UI is insanely well thought out and user friendly; no degree required.​

Models

There are two models available: MARS-L & MARS-Lc.

MARS-L: MARS-L has AB, 3b visible red collimated laser. Because of the 3b component, this unit is restricted.

MARS-Lc: MARS-Lc has a 3R visible red collimated laser. It’s perfectly serviceable for collimating to a day scope which I easily performed on a 900 yard target that serves as my true north for testing purposes. It will reach much further if your heart desires.

Both the MARS-L and MARS-Lc are identical with the only exception being the 3b capability native to MARS-L and absent in MARS-Lc due to commercial regulation.

Size & Weight

The MARS-Lc is about the size of a business card from a length and width perspective. From a height perspective, it’s cleverly just tall enough for the display to clear taller turrets you might see from a ZCO, Tangent Theta, Hensoldt, Schmidt & Bender, and Leupold, as well as many others. It’s overall size is absolutely tiny while still maintaining full usability. MARS-Lc fits perfectly on a SPUHR rail, but is also compatible with other 12 o’clock rails such as the Badger COMM and EraTac solutions. I tested it first hand – it works. For clarity, MARS-Lc can also be oriented at the 9 o’clock and 3 o’clock positions should the end-user have a preference.

In practice, our WMLRFs always have a battery in them when in use, so I decided to weight it with the single CR123 that powers it. It came in at just 6.9 ounces… More on why this is important to me later.

LRF Module and Beam Divergence

MARS-L and MARS-Lc are powered by a 1550nm LRF Module which means it’s undetectable with night vision intensifier tubes such as NVGs. Because 1550nm is otherwise undetectable the laser can be super charged which tremendously improves ranging ability in the worst of conditions. Where other 905nm LRF Modules fail, the MARS-Lc succeeds – day, night, rain, fog, smoke, etc. If you need to know your range, MARS-Lc spits it out, plain and simple.

Envision reports that the MARS-L and MARS-Lc are rated for 1500 meter 10% reflective man sized targets. In our field testing during the day, it greatly exceeded these stated numbers. I tried to find in the field limitations which proved to be a massive disappointment to my ego. MARS-Lc wants to work whether you like it or not.

From a Beam Divergence perspective, the MARS-L and MARS-Lc have a <=1mRad spherical 1550nm LRF Module. This lends well to getting returns on intended targets rather than surrounding vegetation or obstacles. In the field, you will likely be ranging through tree lines, as an example, and MARS-Lc won’t let you down.

Applied Ballistics

Many of us have come to love Applied Ballistics for their ballistic calculators. I’d say it’s the gold standard for the long range end users to the point that it vastly outweighs the competition in terms of in the field application. If you are already using a Kestrel 5700 Elite with Bluetooth, you can seamlessly send profiles to MARS-Lc in a matter of minute(s). MARS-Lc will accept up to 30 profiles, it will allow you to turn off aero-jump, Coriolis, etc., to mirror the way your Kestrel is setup or based on your shooting style.

In my testing, I loaded up 15 profiles or more inside of 60 seconds. No issues with Bluetooth dropping or any other interruptions. I promptly changed a few AB settings to match my Kestrel settings, and went to town ranging targets and cross referencing my Kestrel DOPE with that of which MARS-Lc was displaying. It was bang on, not just in testing, but in live fire too. Box checked; it works as designed.

Exterior Device Connectivity

Strictly Offensive Kit’s primary business is in the Night Vision and Thermal field, providing sights, clip-ons and scanners, as well as accessories. Being Clip-On advocates, many SOK customers inquire about the ability to overlay a disturbed reticle or HUD that will display in their device. MARS-Lc supports iBeam Rev. D at this time which primarily works with all of the more recently developed solutions driven by Military end-users. What this means is MARS-Lc won’t connect to OASYS products at this time, as example, because they use iBeam Rev. B. Don’t worry – Envision Tek is always expanding functionality and you expect it to come in later software updates. However, the product roadmap is already robust, so expect it to be a short wait until we see cabled integrations commonly available on the commercial market. It’s more of a not now rather than a not never deal. No ETAs yet, but it’s on the roadmap.

Notable Items

Mounting: MARS-Lc uses a single pic rail slot with one bolt that fits a socket, but also cleverly in the center will accept a Torqx key. It’s a pretty nice unexpected touch. The mount itself is rock solid; we did not experience any zero shift under recoil. That’s a hard requirement for my use case and I’d accept no less.

Battery: MARS-Lc runs off of a single CR123 and displays battery levels directly on the display. If you’re running low, it will be obvious it’s time to change the battery. While I can’t tell you exactly how many ranges I got off of a single battery, I can tell you that I use MARS-Lc almost daily and have only changed the battery once. It’s quite efficient given it’s powering an LRF Module, Onboard Computer, Display, Lasers, etc.

Display: MARS-Lc provides a nice square display that is configurable for brightness (including auto), additional feature layouts such as ToF, Cant, etc., and yet everything is still easily seen while deploying the weapon system. The display is also easily seen over even the tallest of turrets which I originally speculated based on its size, but clearly I was wrong.

Display Orientation: MARS-Lc, being a square display, will shift based on where you mount the device: Left, Top, Right. Being that it uses a square display, it simply shifts based on what setting you use. I prefer Top as its most useful to me right on top of my day optic.

Ranging or Ballistic Mode: End users can select if they want a ballistic solution or if they only want to see range. Admittedly, I really only care to see my ballistic solution, but if that’s not your use case, then you can setup it up to send a range only.

Units: Much like you would expect, MARS-Lc displays Mil/Moa, Meters/Yards, etc. If you have configured your Kestrel to work for you, you can configure the MARS-Lc to do the same.

Environment: I’m going to be brief here. Everything you need for a ballistic solution is onboard providing a live feed of data to insure DOPE accuracy. It’s all there.

Collimated Laser: MARS-Lc has an onboard 3R red visible laser. I use it to collimate the device to my reticle, either dead nuts on the cross hair or at the 5 Mil hash mark. There are different theories as to how to best set this up and that’s solely up to the end-user.

LRF Module Setting: MARS-Lc lets you configure the LRF to First, Best or Last. I prefer Best.

Range Gate: MARS-Lc will come pre-configured with a minimum and maximum range gate. Minimum is usually around the 12 yard line, while Maximum is just shy of 6,000 yards based on the unit we have in hand. There are lots of applications for range gating, and I feel that ELR shooters will tremendously benefit from this feature, as will folks that shoot heavy tree lines. For reference, ranging at night further expands ranging potential 2 or 3x beyond day time capability because there is far less interference.

DOPE Speed: MARS-Lc is near instantaneous at returning DOPE after firing the range button. Fast enough that it has already delivered a solution by the time I glance up to look at the display. This is excellent if you have multiple targets, need to quickly build a profile for your FOV, or have a moving target.

Scan Mode: MARS-Lc moves into scan mode by holding down the range button. It updates about every second which is really nice if you’re ranging a moving target.

Remote Trigger: MARS-Lc comes with a remote that cleverly hooks into the side of the device and is unintrusive to scope turrets. The cable can be routed to a convenient location allowing your trigger finger to manipulate the controls which are 3 buttons, the same 3 buttons on the unit. The controls can be inversed depending on how you setup the remote that way it’s always natural to the end-user what button they’re pushing. When you hit the ranging button, you get a quick but silent vibration to your finger that lets you know when MARS-Lc has completed the range and solution. Pretty dang cool and totally unexpected!

Field Application

Let me level the playing field: I’m a self-proclaimed long range enthusiast who specializes in shooting steel on a square range, hunting big game in the Rockies, and more often than not hunting feral hogs and coyotes at night. From 20lb Accuracy Internationals to 8lb Titanium Carbon systems, I love it all. MARS-Lc is at home on every rig I’ve mounted it too. I knew MARS-Lc would perform well on a heavy precision rifle because that’s the primary target end-user Envision Tek designed it for; however, the real world application for me, a guy that likes to hunt, is at night and hunting game in terrain that humbles me every single year involving mountains and canyons. When I go out west, it’s not just a financial investment, it’s a massive time investment. MARS-Lc is a force multiplier for putting meat in the freezer and given that I’m only in the Rockies tracking game once a year, I’ll take every advantage I can get.

Long Range Hunting: This rig pictured is a LP Ti-Razor LA, 300WM Proof Carbon 20”, Manners Carbon Stock, Trigger Tech, SPUHR with Rail & S&B 320 US weighting in at 9.75lbs with the MARS-Lc. In my eyes, this application isn’t as traditional for WMLRFs since we primarily see them on heavy rifle systems, but I’m here to tell you that there’s no disputing how useful it is to get a shot off when you may be working with seconds before your target species has moved out of sight. Add in the complexity of canyons, angles, and range, it quickly becomes a mandatory tool if budget allows it.

Night Hunting: I previously mentioned that Strictly Offensive Kit’s product portfolio is primarily night vision and thermal related. The Achilles Heel of hunting at night at range, is knowing exactly how far something is. It’s deceiving and I’ve been fooled more than I care to share. MARS-Lc gives you the unparalleled advantage against your opposition, extending your affective range dramatically. My go-to bolt action night rig is an 11” 308W that’s transonic at 770 yards; it’s like shooting a really accurate 30-30. I’m a glutton for misery and need all the help I can get which MARS-Lc exceeds at.

Competition Rifles: MARS-Lc, among many other WMLRFs with AB, have been seen at recent competitions where majority of the leader board had this distinct advantage. I’m not a competition shooter so I won’t dive into the nuts-and-bolts of it, but I’ll speculate that it provides enough advantage that they’re becoming more mainstream.

IMG_2483.jpeg

DSC06508.jpeg

DSC06565.jpeg

DSC06570.jpeg

DSC06508.jpeg

DSC06536.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there really a MARS with IR pointer and flood? I thought there was only the MARS-L and MARS-Lc, with the difference only being the vis laser power.

Reactions: PowPowHawg
... Is there really a MARS with IR pointer and flood? ...

;) If there was, it would be restricted and we couldn't sell it commercially.

Clearing a few things that seem to come up in conversation and are worth sharing here.

Character Size on Display: Having both W1 (Wind 1) and W2 (Wind 2) enabled affects the size of the font on the display. However, it's still larger than the Raptar's display readouts. When you disable one of the Ws, the font gets significantly larger and becomes even easier to read from behind the rifle.

Display: MARS-Lc is larger than the Raptar for comparisons sake. I'd sake close to double to the naked eye.

905nm v 1550nm: Flat out, 1550nm is significantly better at getting returns across unreflective targets. Instead of firing the laser multiple times to get a good reading, it happens the first try. It's about ranging 5,000 meters and more about getting consistent ranges all the time. This is just one benefit outside of the more obvious ones.

Scan Mode: MARS-Lc jumps out of ballistic mode and pulses a range every 1/3-1/2 a second. It's extremely fast. When you jump out of scan mode and go back to ballistic, you're left with the dope to your very last range being displayed.

Size: MARS-Lc is between an NGAL and PEQ15. It's significantly smaller than the Raptar.

Will post pics tomorrow or the next day.

Great writeup!

Like the Raptar, can the MARS stream wind data from a Kestrel and update wind holds in a continuous fashion as you range targets?

Reactions: Snapper314
Great writeup!

Like the Raptar, can the MARS stream wind data from a Kestrel and update wind holds in a continuous fashion as you range targets?

@Conqueror

The device could continuously update holds, but currently only provides a solution when you ask for a range.

It's a double edged sword when it comes to battery life and leaving bluetooth on in a continuous format. On a positive bluetooth note, I haven't been able to break the connection leaving it on "Environment: Kestrel Live".

Another data point,

Ballistic Profiles: MARS-Lc allows both AB Connect and a Kestrel 5700 to transfer profiles. The user can manual enter them too, tho I have and doubt I ever will again; it's tedious.

Reactions: Conqueror
That’s the same way the Raptar works, which is good enough. Just wanted to make sure it continuously updates wind data each time you push the button.

First and foremost, Strictly Offensive Kit (SOK) is an Envision distributor. SOK is now offering MARS-Lc here: CLICK ME. An automatic $200 discount is applied at check.

When Strictly Offensive Kit (SOK) first heard news of Envision’s weapon mounted laser range finder (WMLRF) with Applied Ballistics (AB) known as MARS, we instantly realized the product potential based on a few key characteristics: Size, Weight, Laser Module, Applied Ballistics, and connectivity to exterior devices. This write up serves as the basis for my experience having spent time in the field with this device. Foolishly or not, I try to learn a device prior to reading a manual to see how intuitive it is – I only just read the manual to insure I wasn’t missing anything worth noting here. Simply put, the UI is insanely well thought out and user friendly; no degree required.​

Models

There are two models available: MARS-L & MARS-Lc.

MARS-L: MARS-L has AB, 3b visible red collimated laser. Because of the 3b component, this unit is restricted.

MARS-Lc: MARS-Lc has a 3R visible red collimated laser. It’s perfectly serviceable for collimating to a day scope which I easily performed on a 900 yard target that serves as my true north for testing purposes. It will reach much further if your heart desires.

Both the MARS-L and MARS-Lc are identical with the only exception being the 3b capability native to MARS-L and absent in MARS-Lc due to commercial regulation.

Size & Weight

The MARS-Lc is about the size of a business card from a length and width perspective. From a height perspective, it’s cleverly just tall enough for the display to clear taller turrets you might see from a ZCO, Tangent Theta, Hensoldt, Schmidt & Bender, and Leupold, as well as many others. It’s overall size is absolutely tiny while still maintaining full usability. MARS-Lc fits perfectly on a SPUHR rail, but is also compatible with other 12 o’clock rails such as the Badger COMM and EraTac solutions. I tested it first hand – it works. For clarity, MARS-Lc can also be oriented at the 9 o’clock and 3 o’clock positions should the end-user have a preference.

In practice, our WMLRFs always have a battery in them when in use, so I decided to weight it with the single CR123 that powers it. It came in at just 6.9 ounces… More on why this is important to me later.

LRF Module and Beam Divergence

MARS-L and MARS-Lc are powered by a 1550nm LRF Module which means it’s undetectable with night vision intensifier tubes such as NVGs. Because 1550nm is otherwise undetectable the laser can be super charged which tremendously improves ranging ability in the worst of conditions. Where other 905nm LRF Modules fail, the MARS-Lc succeeds – day, night, rain, fog, smoke, etc. If you need to know your range, MARS-Lc spits it out, plain and simple.

Envision reports that the MARS-L and MARS-Lc are rated for 1500 meter 10% reflective man sized targets. In our field testing during the day, it greatly exceeded these stated numbers. I tried to find in the field limitations which proved to be a massive disappointment to my ego. MARS-Lc wants to work whether you like it or not.

From a Beam Divergence perspective, the MARS-L and MARS-Lc have a <=1mRad spherical 1550nm LRF Module. This lends well to getting returns on intended targets rather than surrounding vegetation or obstacles. In the field, you will likely be ranging through tree lines, as an example, and MARS-Lc won’t let you down.

Applied Ballistics

Many of us have come to love Applied Ballistics for their ballistic calculators. I’d say it’s the gold standard for the long range end users to the point that it vastly outweighs the competition in terms of in the field application. If you are already using a Kestrel 5700 Elite with Bluetooth, you can seamlessly send profiles to MARS-Lc in a matter of minute(s). MARS-Lc will accept up to 30 profiles, it will allow you to turn off aero-jump, Coriolis, etc., to mirror the way your Kestrel is setup or based on your shooting style.

In my testing, I loaded up 15 profiles or more inside of 60 seconds. No issues with Bluetooth dropping or any other interruptions. I promptly changed a few AB settings to match my Kestrel settings, and went to town ranging targets and cross referencing my Kestrel DOPE with that of which MARS-Lc was displaying. It was bang on, not just in testing, but in live fire too. Box checked; it works as designed.

Exterior Device Connectivity

Strictly Offensive Kit’s primary business is in the Night Vision and Thermal field, providing sights, clip-ons and scanners, as well as accessories. Being Clip-On advocates, many SOK customers inquire about the ability to overlay a disturbed reticle or HUD that will display in their device. MARS-Lc supports iBeam Rev. D at this time which primarily works with all of the more recently developed solutions driven by Military end-users. What this means is MARS-Lc won’t connect to OASYS products at this time, as example, because they use iBeam Rev. B. Don’t worry – Envision Tek is always expanding functionality and you expect it to come in later software updates. However, the product roadmap is already robust, so expect it to be a short wait until we see cabled integrations commonly available on the commercial market. It’s more of a not now rather than a not never deal. No ETAs yet, but it’s on the roadmap.

Notable Items

Mounting: MARS-Lc uses a single pic rail slot with one bolt that fits a socket, but also cleverly in the center will accept a Torqx key. It’s a pretty nice unexpected touch. The mount itself is rock solid; we did not experience any zero shift under recoil. That’s a hard requirement for my use case and I’d accept no less.

Battery: MARS-Lc runs off of a single CR123 and displays battery levels directly on the display. If you’re running low, it will be obvious it’s time to change the battery. While I can’t tell you exactly how many ranges I got off of a single battery, I can tell you that I use MARS-Lc almost daily and have only changed the battery once. It’s quite efficient given it’s powering an LRF Module, Onboard Computer, Display, Lasers, etc.

Display: MARS-Lc provides a nice square display that is configurable for brightness (including auto), additional feature layouts such as ToF, Cant, etc., and yet everything is still easily seen while deploying the weapon system. The display is also easily seen over even the tallest of turrets which I originally speculated based on its size, but clearly I was wrong.

Display Orientation: MARS-Lc, being a square display, will shift based on where you mount the device: Left, Top, Right. Being that it uses a square display, it simply shifts based on what setting you use. I prefer Top as its most useful to me right on top of my day optic.

Ranging or Ballistic Mode: End users can select if they want a ballistic solution or if they only want to see range. Admittedly, I really only care to see my ballistic solution, but if that’s not your use case, then you can setup it up to send a range only.

Units: Much like you would expect, MARS-Lc displays Mil/Moa, Meters/Yards, etc. If you have configured your Kestrel to work for you, you can configure the MARS-Lc to do the same.

Environment: I’m going to be brief here. Everything you need for a ballistic solution is onboard providing a live feed of data to insure DOPE accuracy. It’s all there.

Collimated Laser: MARS-Lc has an onboard 3R red visible laser. I use it to collimate the device to my reticle, either dead nuts on the cross hair or at the 5 Mil hash mark. There are different theories as to how to best set this up and that’s solely up to the end-user.

LRF Module Setting: MARS-Lc lets you configure the LRF to First, Best or Last. I prefer Best.

Range Gate: MARS-Lc will come pre-configured with a minimum and maximum range gate. Minimum is usually around the 12 yard line, while Maximum is just shy of 6,000 yards based on the unit we have in hand. There are lots of applications for range gating, and I feel that ELR shooters will tremendously benefit from this feature, as will folks that shoot heavy tree lines. For reference, ranging at night further expands ranging potential 2 or 3x beyond day time capability because there is far less interference.

DOPE Speed: MARS-Lc is near instantaneous at returning DOPE after firing the range button. Fast enough that it has already delivered a solution by the time I glance up to look at the display. This is excellent if you have multiple targets, need to quickly build a profile for your FOV, or have a moving target.

Scan Mode: MARS-Lc moves into scan mode by holding down the range button. It updates about every second which is really nice if you’re ranging a moving target.

Remote Trigger: MARS-Lc comes with a remote that cleverly hooks into the side of the device and is unintrusive to scope turrets. The cable can be routed to a convenient location allowing your trigger finger to manipulate the controls which are 3 buttons, the same 3 buttons on the unit. The controls can be inversed depending on how you setup the remote that way it’s always natural to the end-user what button they’re pushing. When you hit the ranging button, you get a quick but silent vibration to your finger that lets you know when MARS-Lc has completed the range and solution. Pretty dang cool and totally unexpected!

Field Application

Let me level the playing field: I’m a self-proclaimed long range enthusiast who specializes in shooting steel on a square range, hunting big game in the Rockies, and more often than not hunting feral hogs and coyotes at night. From 20lb Accuracy Internationals to 8lb Titanium Carbon systems, I love it all. MARS-Lc is at home on every rig I’ve mounted it too. I knew MARS-Lc would perform well on a heavy precision rifle because that’s the primary target end-user Envision Tek designed it for; however, the real world application for me, a guy that likes to hunt, is at night and hunting game in terrain that humbles me every single year involving mountains and canyons. When I go out west, it’s not just a financial investment, it’s a massive time investment. MARS-Lc is a force multiplier for putting meat in the freezer and given that I’m only in the Rockies tracking game once a year, I’ll take every advantage I can get.

Long Range Hunting: This rig pictured is a LP Ti-Razor LA, 300WM Proof Carbon 20”, Manners Carbon Stock, Trigger Tech, SPUHR with Rail & S&B 320 US weighting in at 9.75lbs with the MARS-Lc. In my eyes, this application isn’t as traditional for WMLRFs since we primarily see them on heavy rifle systems, but I’m here to tell you that there’s no disputing how useful it is to get a shot off when you may be working with seconds before your target species has moved out of sight. Add in the complexity of canyons, angles, and range, it quickly becomes a mandatory tool if budget allows it.

Night Hunting: I previously mentioned that Strictly Offensive Kit’s product portfolio is primarily night vision and thermal related. The Achilles Heel of hunting at night at range, is knowing exactly how far something is. It’s deceiving and I’ve been fooled more than I care to share. MARS-Lc gives you the unparalleled advantage against your opposition, extending your affective range dramatically. My go-to bolt action night rig is an 11” 308W that’s transonic at 770 yards; it’s like shooting a really accurate 30-30. I’m a glutton for misery and need all the help I can get which MARS-Lc exceeds at.

Competition Rifles: MARS-Lc, among many other WMLRFs with AB, have been seen at recent competitions where majority of the leader board had this distinct advantage. I’m not a competition shooter so I won’t dive into the nuts-and-bolts of it, but I’ll speculate that it provides enough advantage that they’re becoming more mainstream.

View attachment 8033142
View attachment 8033143
View attachment 8033144
View attachment 8033145
View attachment 8033146
View attachment 8033148
Brilliant write up Preston, and appreciate the layman's terms provided and pictures. I do not "need" one of these units, but after reading this I want one, but it's going to be a while before I can justify the cost.

Brilliant write up Preston, and appreciate the layman's terms provided and pictures. I do not "need" one of these units, but after reading this I want one, but it's going to be a while before I can justify the cost.
Thanks! I write like I talk, misspelled words and terrible grammar included ;)

• Haha
Reactions: MOUNTIC
What’s the estimated ship date on these, I saw the website said summer 23 but didn’t know if you had a better estimation.

Additionally what’s required to purchase the full power units? Do they need to be ordered through my unit directly? Thanks for the help, looking to see more of these hit the market

What’s the estimated ship date on these, I saw the website said summer 23 but didn’t know if you had a better estimation.

Additionally what’s required to purchase the full power units? Do they need to be ordered through my unit directly? Thanks for the help, looking to see more of these hit the market

June.

For clarity, Envision quoted a lead time on the unit I have now, and they delivered exactly when they said they would. Refreshing for a change.

Feel free to call me if you have questions

Reactions: Bulletsmith
For those who are anticipating a MARS-Lc purchase for 2023, we're receiving two shipments, summer and fall.

These units are pre-selling at a pretty solid pace and will ship on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you're looking to acquire a unit, you might consider jumping in line to secure your spot.

SOK takes most forms of payment to include CC, Check, eCheck, or Wire.

Feel free to call if you have questions.

Thanks,
Preston

... dig post holes ...

I could too in KS. Now here in Ozarks, the ground is mostly solid rock ("karst") with a thin layer of top soil on top (0 to 12 inches) ... so we might need some of those "landmines" to even dig those post holes around heyah !! :D
And I need a deer proof fence around our fruit trees by April !
MIght need a jack-hammer, not sure my auger on the tractor will even scratch it !

I could too in KS. Now here in Ozarks, the ground is mostly solid rock ("karst") with a thin layer of top soil on top (0 to 12 inches) ... so we might need some of those "landmines" to even dig those post holes around heyah !! :D
And I need a deer proof fence around our fruit trees by April !
MIght need a jack-hammer, not sure my auger on the tractor will even scratch it !
You're not too far from me ;) Used a Bobcat with auger to drill holes in granite soil in Colorado, pounded T posts and made my own fence stretcher for 5 acres, I think you have a bit more than that. Oh, and "deer proof", good luck, we had a 6' high fence and I watched our deer literally hop over it from a stand still, but once I put up the electric horse wire on top they stopped jumping (it wasn't even electrified but guessing they had some experience with the wire before and decided it wasn't worth it.)

Perspective.

The Raid Xe is 6.9 oz with a CR123 just like the MARS-Lc, and they're nearly the same size. Lot of punch in a tiny package.

Check out the displays, brightness (both on Auto) and the bolded characters. Tho a little deceiving in the photo, the characters are much larger, but because of the overall length of the Raptar pulling the display closer to the camera, they appear closer than what we seen in reality.

APC_0005.jpeg
IMG_2720.jpeg

I want to own one of these eventually. Primarily to step into night hunting. That said, are WM-LRF's legal for game species? Are they legal in NRL hunter? I know they are being used in other types of comps.

Thanks.
Conrad

Game hunting laws vary by state and sometimes by species. You’ll have to check for your own circumstance.

I want to own one of these eventually. Primarily to step into night hunting. That said, are WM-LRF's legal for game species? Are they legal in NRL hunter? I know they are being used in other types of comps.

Thanks.
Conrad

They are legal in NRL Hunter as long as your rifle will make weight with the device mounted.

Huge thanks to @SkyScrapin for this MARS. It is way better then I had thought it was going to be. Instant readings to 2100 yards on a side hill (non reflective). It's lighter and more compact then I imagined. Display and readout is large and very easy to read. Zeroing it was a 30 second process. I had a nice large tree stump at 840 yards to zero and just lined it up, and off I went.

I'm not sure I will be able to be without these on multiple rifles. It's that good.

Assuming the same credential requirements as Wilcox, can I order the full power model?

Assuming the same credential requirements as Wilcox, can I order the full power model?

FP units aren't available to anyone other than .gov or fed agencies. Local and state agencies, along with civvies, can only purchase the MARS-Lc. That's not going to change.

For clarity, we're talking the difference in a LP vs FP red collimating laser. My LP has no problem getting collimation on a 900 yard target at dusk, with plenty of unwanted ambient city light. A FP doesn't make a lick of difference.

No Wilcox like FP Agreement requirement. @JKGTR

I knew it was one of those things that if you have to ask you can't afford it. I'm guessing around $10k or so?

FP units aren't available to anyone other than .gov or fed agencies. Local and state agencies, along with civvies, can only purchase the MARS-Lc. That's not going to change.

For clarity, we're talking the difference in a LP vs FP red collimating laser. My LP has no problem getting collimation on a 900 yard target at dusk, with plenty of unwanted ambient city light. A FP doesn't make a lick of difference.

No Wilcox like FP Agreement requirement. @JKGTR
IDK man, huge difference in collimating my civvy Raptar vs my FP RULR. The Raptar is hard to spot past 1k even on a reflective surface. The RULR laser I can see on a radio tower 3500 yards away.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
IDK man, huge difference in collimating my civvy Raptar vs my FP RULR. The Raptar is hard to spot past 1k even on a reflective surface. The RULR laser I can see on a radio tower 3500 yards away.

Have had the RULR and currently have the Raptar S as well as MARS-Lc.

I live in suburbia with lots of light pollution. My 900 yard collimating target is a white water tower. Zero issues collimating with the red laser. 3b lasers are nice but I don’t need it.

All this is to say, there is a better way to archived a true LRF zero without using the red laser beyond bore sighting it. It’s not overly complex, but it does solve the issue of any offset between vis laser and LRF module. There is always some level of variance so it’s best to not rely solely on the laser until you test the offset.

Reactions: NHPiper
Got my unit this past Friday from Mike over at ET.. Cannot wait to get some time with it here this weekend.. I will try to add to this thread with pics and my opinion. I'm not a pro reviewer or anything so I'll keep it short and sweet, but the unit itself looks awesome and from what little I have fvcked around my neighborhood with it, it certainly has no issues doing what it was designed to do..

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
Got my unit this past Friday from Mike over at ET.. Cannot wait to get some time with it here this weekend.. I will try to add to this thread with pics and my opinion. I'm not a pro reviewer or anything so I'll keep it short and sweet, but the unit itself looks awesome and from what little I have fvcked around my neighborhood with it, it certainly has no issues doing what it was designed to do..

Interested in your thoughts. Keep us posted!

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
ETA on availability of these bad boys? I'd really like to upgrade my radius, these seem better all the way around a Raptar.

Will this take wind azimuth from Kestrel and then update solution as DOF azimuth changes? Example Scenario would be an array of targets spread over say 90 degrees.

I think I asked that in the original thread and the answer was Yes but would be good to have another confirmation. I also think the answer was that it doesn’t continually update the firing solution based on wind speed/direction but will do so each time the user ranges the target (ie if you range, then observe for three minutes, it would perhaps be wise to range again just before firing for newest environmentals).

Thanks I had gathered the latter and that’s all good I don’t need an auto feed, seems battery intensive.

But I do want prevailing wind solution to change with DOF. Waiting for confirmation.

Be badass if you could link these to a Bluetooth calypso wind meter.

It has BT so you might be able to but I am not too familiar with calypso so maybe I am a dumbass or something.
Maybe, hopefully more programs begin to interface with it. Calypso talks to strelok app, but I believe that's the only ballistic program to use it.