• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Massive AXMC Sale!!

Well, dammit, now I have a 300WM in Pale Brown ordered. The Elite Sand just seemed too green for my tastes.

Don't worry @jwknutson17 , I won't blame you. I placed the order before I saw your post)

Are the 300WM mags CIP length to fit 300PRC?

AJ confirmed,now just to see how long before Brownells ships since their website notes it is special order.

Yep your good to go with those mags and 300prc. No COAL issues as they are CIP mags. Congrats on the purchase.

Elite sand is a green / grey. Much less green then the Sage Green.

Reactions: solvovir
That sounds interesting.
I assume if one has a 338LM version, he can still get the 300wm bolt and does the same setup?

Go 300 win mag and have a 300prc barrel spun up. 80 plus percent of the Norma and you don't need another bolt or mags.. Just a thought.. I get 2890 with factory Hornady 225 300prc ammo out of a 26 inch tube. I'm sure I'll be over 2900 with hand loads no problem. So if you don't have a Norma I would consider the 300 PRC option.

Can you run 6.5prc with just a barrel as well?
Should be able to, I know some prefer the long action for a 6.5PRC build.

That sounds interesting.
I assume if one has a 338LM version, he can still get the 300wm bolt and does the same setup?
Yes, if one has the 338LM they could get the 300WM bolt and magazines as well as a 300 PRC barrel and they'd be good to go.

Reading all this gave me an idea. I had been looking at the parts required to setup not just for 300WM and 300PRC, but for 6.5CM as well so I could use this for more moderate cost & recoil shooting. May just end up with a 6.5PRC/300WM/300PRC setup instead as the bolt/mag/adapter/barrel cost for 6.5CM negates a lot of ammo savings.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
Should be able to, I know some prefer the long action for a 6.5PRC build.

Yes, if one has the 338LM they could get the 300WM bolt and magazines as well as a 300 PRC barrel and they'd be good to go.

Reading all this gave me an idea. I had been looking at the parts required to setup not just for 300WM and 300PRC, but for 6.5CM as well so I could use this for more moderate cost & recoil shooting. May just end up with a 6.5PRC/300WM/300PRC setup instead as the bolt/mag/adapter/barrel cost for 6.5CM negates a lot of ammo savings.

Assuming I like the AXMC as much as I think I will, my plan is to sell off some of my other rifles to consolidate and just use the AX for most calibers.

I’ll keep a couple others that I particularly like, but I’m looking forward to getting rid of a few guns I don’t shoot as often and just replacing them with a barrel for the AX.

It seems ppl aren't purchasing the .338 and instead are opting for the .300 Win or Norma. Is this due to cost, limited use, or other reasons?

For me is was mainly usability. .300WM is a versatile round for both LR shooting and hunting. I don’t have a LA rifle, so made the most sense for me. Also don’t really have a place to truly take advantage of the .338. I probably will pick up the .338 and the .308 gear at a later date, but for me the .300WM just made more sense to start out with.

In my case, it was ammunition availability.
1. I already have several hundred rounds of .300 Win FGMM sitting on the shelf. (The rifle I bought the ammunition for went up for consignment to buy the AXMC.)
2. Handloading on my single stage press is a chore. I do it only when I want to wring out as much accuracy as I can or I want a particular bullet/powder combination. I can purchase quality .300 Win factory ammunition for 1/2 the price or less compared to the Norma and Lapua rounds.

Originally, my intention was to get the .308 and 338 Lap bolt bodies for future options. I will probably still do that, but the recent posts about 6.5 & 300 PRC cartridges has me rethinking that strategy.

Shit... Well now it seems stupid to not buy one.
Pricing/drooling over that AXSA in sage...
For those that have the AXSA, are you able to remove the top rail from the forend? Wasn't sure if I could remove it and run a small rail section on the top for the NV mount. I know you can do that on the AX chassis upgrade stocks but wasn't sure if it was the same on the actual AI AX rifles.
Thanks!

Shit... Well now it seems stupid to not buy one.
Pricing/drooling over that AXSA in sage...
For those that have the AXSA, are you able to remove the top rail from the forend? Wasn't sure if I could remove it and run a small rail section on the top for the NV mount. I know you can do that on the AX chassis upgrade stocks but wasn't sure if it was the same on the actual AI AX rifles.
Thanks!

Yes, you can remove the top rail completely from the front section. You do have to take off the front section, remove the rail & re-install the front section.

I did it on mine to make it a bit lighter, let me use an adjustable scope mount & have a better hand grip for shooting it off hand.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Whhich bolt do 6.5 prc and 300prc use?
In my case, it was ammunition availability.
1. I already have several hundred rounds of .300 Win FGMM sitting on the shelf. (The rifle I bought the ammunition for went up for consignment to buy the AXMC.)
2. Handloading on my single stage press is a chore. I do it only when I want to wring out as much accuracy as I can or I want a particular bullet/powder combination. I can purchase quality .300 Win factory ammunition for 1/2 the price or less compared to the Norma and Lapua rounds.

Originally, my intention was to get the .308 and 338 Lap bolt bodies for future options. I will probably still do that, but the recent posts about 6.5 & 300 PRC cartridges has me rethinking that strategy.

Brownell’s no longer as a 10% discount. I’d like to jump on this wagon. I should have read the forum yesterday. Any ideas, or discounts you know of?

Wondering if we should create a new thread for new AXMC owners and plans/suppliers for getting 300PRC & 6.5 PRC barrels. Too bad the MH Proof pre-fits aren't available in either of those calibers.

Wondering if we should create a new thread for new AXMC owners and plans/suppliers for getting 300PRC & 6.5 PRC barrels. Too bad the MH Proof pre-fits aren't available in either of those calibers.
Call MH, I’m sure they can make something happen.

Reactions: trob_205
Call MH, I’m sure they can make something happen.
yeah, I had an email going with them last week and just called to talk . Found out they're the easiest approach. They're all set to spin up 6.5 & 300 PRC barrels, just takes time as they're custom order. Oh, and of course they cost more than the proof stainless prefits (to no one's surprise). Nice that they'll do them to customer specs for length & twist. Now I just need to figure out what I want and then can probably have the barrels arrive a few weeks after my Brownells ordered AXMC.

Reactions: dinnerbucket
yeah, I had an email going with them last week and just called to talk . Found out they're the easiest approach. They're all set to spin up 6.5 & 300 PRC barrels, just takes time as they're custom order. Oh, and of course they cost more than the proof stainless prefits (to no one's surprise). Nice that they'll do them to customer specs for length & twist. Now I just need to figure out what I want and then can probably have the barrels arrive a few weeks after my Brownells ordered AXMC.

Call Dave Tooley. He can probably get you them much faster then MH.

Call Dave Tooley. He can probably get you them much faster then MH.

I'm not sure about faster, what I think is probably more important is that Dave has been working with the .300 PRC for many years now and was shooting it long before it became a factory standard commercial cartridge, so if you get a barrel from Dave, you't be getting one from someone that really knows that cartridge well & can help you pick the best barrel for your chosen projectile.

I'm not sure about faster, what I think is probably more important is that Dave has been working with the .300 PRC for many years now and was shooting it long before it became a factory standard commercial cartridge, so if you get a barrel from Dave, you't be getting one from someone that really knows that cartridge well & can help you pick the best barrel for your chosen projectile.

That too. Figured that was a given if folks were reading the 300PRC thread, but should have said more.

Talked to him today. He's spinning up another 300 Norma for me and chopping and threading another barrel. Dave does good work.

I have a call in to him. I will report back any info I get.

Would be interested in his view of the Bartlein barrels on Europtic versus Proof Research carbon fiber and steel. I have no need for weight savings on the AXMC and the Proof steel barrels are the lowest cost option.

Talked to him today. He's spinning up another 300 Norma for me and chopping and threading another barrel. Dave does good work.

I'm going the opposite direction with him.
I'm like... exactly how long could you make that barrel for me? Perhaps a 30 to 32" .308 barrel..... Anything close to 40" in the .338LM....

Would be interested in his view of the Bartlein barrels on Europtic versus Proof Research carbon fiber and steel. I have no need for weight savings on the AXMC and the Proof steel barrels are the lowest cost option.

The EO barrels were spun up specifically for them with Bartlein Blanks. I believe Win Tac did these also for EO. Someone may have to correct me if thats not right. I thought Derek or Kyle told me that last time I spoke to EO. They do shoot just as good as anything else. At least the sample of two I have used. They are a great way to go.

The proof steel barrels are the thinner profile and not like the thicker AI 2018 profile they are calling them now.

Last edited:
I'm going the opposite direction with him.
I'm like... exactly how long could you make that barrel for me? Perhaps a 30 to 32" .308 barrel..... Anything close to 40" in the .338LM....

Im chopping down a 26 inch 308 barrel to 18 inches. This barrel will wear a suppressor always and never be shot over 600 yards. Kinda a little compact little blaster barrel for fun.

The Norma will be a Heavy Palma 9 twist at 27".

When you go that long, what advantages do you really see. Figured you would reach max velocity in barrels well shorter then those lengths in those rounds? Curious.

Last edited:
The EO barrels were spun up specifically for them with Bartlein Blanks. I believe Win Tac did these also for EO. Someone may have to correct me if thats not right. I thought Derek or Kyle told me that last time I spoke to EO. They do shoot just as good as anything else. At least the sample of two I have used. They are a great way to go.

The proof steel barrels are the thinner profile and not like the thicker AI 2018 profile they are calling them now.

The thinner profile proof steel barrels are out.

EO Bartlein barrels seem to be a good option.

I see PVA will also spin up a barrel. I wonder who's blank they use and what is the best option for additional barrels.

*** Brownells order placed 2/23
payment charged 2/26
shipping notification received 2/27
est. delivery 3/4

What color/caliber did you order? A also placed my order on 2/23. Hoping I get lucky here!
I ordered Dark Earth in 300WM. Initially when placing my order my card was charged $0.00, which I thought was normal. I figured they dont charge until they ship. Yesterday I got the full amount charged which I thought was odd so I called them them today and they said it was there in the warehouse.

Brownell's 10% off sale is back on.

Code VE4

Where are you finding the codes at when they come about. Even yesterday when you posted it, I couldn't find it anywhere on the site. My father in law is going to snag one, but waiting for the code again. Thanks.

I ordered Dark Earth in 300WM. Initially when placing my order my card was charged $0.00, which I thought was normal. I figured they dont charge until they ship. Yesterday I got the full amount charged which I thought was odd so I called them them today and they said it was there in the warehouse.

Thanks!