• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Massive AXMC Sale!!

Omfg can someone please talk me out of an AXMC in 300PRC. Any cons at all to that setup? The 300WM magazines don't require an adapter do they? Looks like the 300PRC is close in length to the 338LP and 300Norma so I'm guessing not.. I know its been covered but just so I'm 100% confident - If I get the 300WM AXMC I should be able to run 300PRC just fine with ONLY a quick barrel change is that correct? Aside from the current lack of 300PRC prefits would there be any real cons? Are there better options out there? BTW I have an AIAT 308/6.5Creed but no real experience with any of the modern long action or magnum offerings. I want something that just works and feels like everything was made to go together out of the box.

Omfg can someone please talk me out of an AXMC in 300PRC. Any cons at all to that setup? The 300WM magazines don't require an adapter do they? Looks like the 300PRC is close in length to the 338LP and 300Norma so I'm guessing not.. I know its been covered but just so I'm 100% confident - If I get the 300WM AXMC I should be able to run 300PRC just fine with ONLY a quick barrel change is that correct? Aside from the current lack of 300PRC prefits would there be any real cons? Are there better options out there? BTW I have an AIAT 308/6.5Creed but no real experience with any of the modern long action or magnum offerings. I want something that just works and feels like everything was made to go together out of the box.

If you get the AXMC in the .300WM then all you are going to need is a new barrel to go with .300 PRC.
I just got one in from Dave Tooley, I'd recommend him, but there are lots of other guys doing barrels for the AXMC as well.
We might get to see factory barrels from AI eventually also.

I'm not hearing any cons.. lol

Does the MC seem to run just as smooth with 300PRC as it does with 300WM?

How does active junky work? I did not see the price in Brownells shopping cart reduced by another 4%. Do I pay brownells full price minus 10% using MDZ code, then get 4% back separately from active junky at some later point?

BTW, I signed up AJ using your link.

Thanks for passing the new code!
Yes, you start at the Active Junky site and click on their button to Shop at Brownells. ( note that the linking from AJ will expire at some pount. If it’s mire than about 10 mins I go back to AJ and click through there again).Within an hour of your order you will get a confirmation from AJ conforming the amount of the cash back. I usually get them in 15 mins or less

I wonder if any other place having a slightly better deal? Anyone knows if Euro optic would do a 10% off paying via e-check?

Someone up thread has noted that neither MH or EO would discount any further off their price for the AXMC. At this price I suspect margins are thin. Even for a cash payment I wouldn't expect more than 3% since that's about the fees they'd pay on credit card.

I wonder whether Brownells gets their AI from EO or MHS then resell them, or they are a direct distributor? It they are a reselller, hard to imagine they can afford a 14% haircut. The 5-8 week wait period makes me think they are a reseller.

I'm still resisting as I don't really want to go thru the hassle of selling my SRS since I have it in 308 and 300WM.

I'll probably regret it someday but oh well I guess.

Congrats to all of you that grabbed the AXMC though!

Can anybody tell the history of the colors? What's the difference between pale brown and dark earth.

Can anybody tell the history of the colors? What's the difference between pale brown and dark earth.

From EOs website, the pale brown
Accuracy-International-AXMC-Dark-Earth-300WM-20-Rifle.jpg

is a lighter color than DE
E387A87ACD9ABC5F39A8845C2585EA1D3A4910C5.jpg

Reactions: ironsight1000yard
FDE is what you'd call tactical tan circa 5 years ago. PB is a dusty sand-like color, FDE is an arid dirt kind of color and very rich as you can see from the pics.

Reactions: ironsight1000yard
Oh yeah I think I like Dark Earth more. I saw somewhere someone says AI introduced this as a new color?

FDE is what you'd call tactical tan circa 5 years ago. PB is a dusty sand-like color, FDE is an arid dirt kind of color and very rich as you can see from the pics.

I hope Brownells won't cancel the orders if they have a difficult time fulfilling them. I've experienced this from other companies without informing the customers of the cancellation.

Oh yeah I think I like Dark Earth more. I saw somewhere someone says AI introduced this as a new color?
Late 2017, that’s when I bought my FDE AX. No matching mags at that time either though I heard they’re now carried by distributors.

I hope Brownells won't cancel the orders if they have a difficult time fulfilling them. I've experienced this from other companies without informing the customers of the cancellation.

Thats what I am worried about, some people already got theirs already but Brownells said 4-1 for mine.

Hey guys been clicking around trying to find the 308 and 338 bolt.
My mc is currently a 300wm.

Also has anyone able to actually buy compete bolts or buy the parts for one.
If I actually get the body I'd complete the bolt as parts are avail etc.

A firing pin/shroud assembly would come from AINA. From what I have heard you can only get parts for them since the shrouds are serialized to the bolt-body caliber it was purchased as. A complete spare bolt assembly probably not going to be possible but who knows, AINA might sell you one?

Can the trigger be adjusted under 2 lb. I believe I sent a video where F. Galli said the rifles can be sent back to the factory for lighter adjustment.

Can the trigger be adjusted under 2 lb. I believe I sent a video where F. Galli said the rifles can be sent back to the factory for lighter adjustment.

These days you just buy the AI Competition trigger and pop it in.

Well the luck has ran out on brownells 10% discount. It is now listed promo codes do not apply to axmc 338 and 300 models.

I knew it wouldn't be long before that happened. Especially with the AJ 4%. Was just too good. Congrats to everyone who got in on that crazy deal who wouldn't otherwise been able to get into an AXMC.

Reactions: yej0001
It is just that code expired. Wait a few days for a new one.
I knew it wouldn't be long before that happened. Especially with the AJ 4%. Was just too good. Congrats to everyone who got in on that crazy deal who wouldn't otherwise been able to get into an AXMC.

It is just that code expired. Wait a few days for a new one.

When you add the rifle to your cart there is a bold red statement saying "Promo codes do not apply to AXMC 338 or 300. Remove item and refresh page to apply code". So to those who were able to use the discount congrats. I ordered mine from Milehigh 2 days before Brownells started selling them... but even at $6750 it's a great deal in my book.

Ya'll broke the system lol. Brownells is like "Whoa wtf... we need to cancel this promo!" lol Good on y'all who were able to take advantage of the deal!

• Haha
Reactions: reximus
When you add the rifle to your cart there is a bold red statement saying "Promo codes do not apply to AXMC 338 or 300. Remove item and refresh page to apply code". So to those who were able to use the discount congrats. I ordered mine from Milehigh 2 days before Brownells started selling them... but even at $6750 it's a great deal in my book.

Yep, I got the same message so tried I it with an RPR and it gives a "No Ruger Firearms" message. Cleared the cart and tried it with a $400 crown cutter and it says the code is no longer valid so they're definitely cracking down on specific items.

But yeah they do 10% off codes all the time, I bought my AMP annealer with one, good stuff.

That's too bad. I hope Brownells will honor the transactions that already went through the system. I am keeping my fingers crossed on my order that I placed on Sunday with the 10% code,

Codes still seem to work for me but there's no 10% to try right now.

I still can't bring myself to sell the SRS to buy one though.

When you go to check out this: Coupon/Promo Code: Not available with AXMC 338 or 300 appears where the box to enter the coupon code is usually located... no place to even try to enter a ccode :(. Can't really blame them though..!

Last edited:
That's too bad. I hope Brownells will honor the transactions that already went through the system. I am keeping my fingers crossed on my order that I placed on Sunday with the 10% code,
they charged me the full amount even when my order summary reflected the 10% off price

If their store allowed you to apply the 10% code, then they go and charge you the full amount, that's really bad business.

It's fine not to offer discounts on these, but when its not the consumers fault for an accidental extra 10% off, you fix the website issue and honour the ones that got lucky.

Otherwise its false advertising.

I ordered on Saturday. They honored it...but they acted like they didnt know what happened when it came to charging me. If i wasnt watching my card I would have gotten paid the full amount. If I had to pay full price I would have just ordered from Mile High.

I think I just have to CLOSE my EYES.... TAKE MY CREDIT CARD OUT OF THE WALLET and THINK ONCE... and then let them have it....... and then JUST WAIT UNTIL AT THE END OF THE MONTH! How much will be a AXMC .300 WM and a .308 Barrel?!

Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM
If their store allowed you to apply the 10% code, then they go and charge you the full amount, that's really bad business.

It's fine not to offer discounts on these, but when its not the consumers fault for an accidental extra 10% off, you fix the website issue and honour the ones that got lucky.

Otherwise its false advertising.
I don't think Brownells will do that (charge higher amount). And I hope they honor the orders they already took.

but then they refunded it back to match the discount, correct?

I do agree they may mis-charge, but I don't think they would not honor their price shown on the email receipt.
Yea they did refund. But they would not have if i didnt call and complaign. When anyone placed their original order, you should have gotten a order confirmation showing the amount with the discount reflected. ($6010 i think?)
Btw i used your active junky link enjoy the $10 :p

Thanks for using the link! I do appreciate the $10. That'll buy me at least 2 1/2 rounds of 300NM :)

My order shows $6085, so I'll keep an eye on the card and ensure they charge correct amount. Just having to try and be patient while waiting to see if it ships.

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper