• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Masterpiece Arms- Atrocious QC, Poor Customer Service. (Vids and Pic)

I've got north of 1k rounds on my MPA 6.5 PRC with the switch lug, have not had a problem yet. Put that concern to bed. 75-90 ft# of rotational torque, vs the clamping force of a split nut (simple description). It is not unscrewing without a vice and action wrench and doing damage.
I appreciate the feedback. Other than looking at pictures on the internet, I have not actually seen one of the rifles to know how beefy the lug is, or how big the Torx screw is that is used to tighten it. If I understand the set up correctly, the switch lug is attached to the action by two small steel pins at the bottom left and right corners of the action face. and those two small holes are the only modification that is done to the action. I am leaning towards buying one

Has everyone had pretty good luck with their recent buys? I have been very interested in MPA but after reading the beginning of this thread, well, its a little off putting. Has there CS gotten better in the last year?

Has everyone had pretty good luck with their recent buys? I have been very interested in MPA but after reading the beginning of this thread, well, its a little off putting. Has there CS gotten better in the last year?
I wouldn't been concerned at all. I have 2 of their chassis and have had multiple interactions with them on purchasing parts new and replacement. I just emailed Phil the other day and got a response from him in a couple of hours. Buy with confidence. Great chassis!! I've had my burnt bronze competition in well over 20 matches and a lot of rounds and never had a complaint.

Reactions: WyCoShooter
I have 3 mpa chassis no issue other than one came with no spigot mount.
I bought it from eurooptic.
I contacted eurooptic and with in 20 minutes had an email from mpa that it was shipped overnite.
I got it next day ...

I wouldn't been concerned at all. I have 2 of their chassis and have had multiple interactions with them on purchasing parts new and replacement. I just emailed Phil the other day and got a response from him in a couple of hours. Buy with confidence. Great chassis!! I've had my burnt bronze competition in well over 20 matches and a lot of rounds and never had a complaint.

Good to know. Another question I have is, it seems like alot of guys run the MPA chassis especially in PRS, but there seems to be a much smaller population that run their full builds with the Curtis Axiom action and MPA Spencer barrels. Is it cheaper to buy a chassis and drop in a barreled action, is there better options our there for the price that keep guys building comp guns on these chassis instead of using their builds? Again, not doubting they are well made. I just feel like I see more guys dropping bighorn or defiance or impact actions in the MPA chassis. Any feedback on that?

I can shoot 600 yards just fine with an AR or hunting rifle but I want a 1k yard rifle, and when it comes to custom vs semi custom vs buying off the shelf, frankly as a newbie to precision rifles, the options make my head spin. I am one of those people that has to have everything thought out, not just dive in before considering all options to stretch the ole greenback as far as I can.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
I got MPA Hybrid hunter in 6.5 PRC from Masterpiece arms. It is the folder version and has a 26 inch proof research carbon barrel. The action is Curtis Axiom, and for what it's worth, it runs smooth, feeds smooth and shoots great.

During the summer of 2019 range outing, it shot great and I figured I am not going to touch it. Came home and straight into the safe it went, uncleaned/etc... After 1+ years in storage, took it out last weekend, cold bored a 1 inch bullseye at 300yds and grouped way sub moa just like I remembered - I will take that.

Last edited:
Phil went above and beyond helping me out, I was having issues with repeatability most likely not do his mpa chassis. I contacted phil just to ask if there were a couple things I could try, long story short I paid shipping for my rig to him and 2 weeks later its back at my door completely rebuilt/bedded/lockscrews/etc. This rifle wasn't even his build!! He asked for nothing in return, CS top notch in my book. plus the gun is a repeatable fucking hammer now ever since I got it back. My guess phil would not be happy reading this thread and someone will likely get their ass chewed
I had a similar experience with Phil personally working the issues on my 300-WMBA. I had a problem over and over again with action screws that wouldn't stay tight for more than 15-20 shots. Worked a few things over the phone, and then at Phil's request, RMA'd the rifle. It came back with the problem solved (new chassis and fixed hairline fractured recoil lug), and for good measure, with a professionally bedded action that just gave me a 1-mile shot in a match yesterday. It's shooting better than it ever did when it was new. It took two months in Georgia to fix ... which annoyed me a bit ... but it returned in great shape with the problems totally resolved, and with excellent comms with Phil and Lisa along the way. Can't speak to your experience, and it obviously sounds painful, but my RMA and CS experience over the last few months was good.

Good to know. Another question I have is, it seems like alot of guys run the MPA chassis especially in PRS, but there seems to be a much smaller population that run their full builds with the Curtis Axiom action and MPA Spencer barrels. Is it cheaper to buy a chassis and drop in a barreled action, is there better options our there for the price that keep guys building comp guns on these chassis instead of using their builds? Again, not doubting they are well made. I just feel like I see more guys dropping bighorn or defiance or impact actions in the MPA chassis. Any feedback on that?
I just think it’s guys wanting things a certain particular way to their liking. Specific action/manf. Barrel done by a certain gunsmith. Everyone’s really particular when you start shooting PRS/NRL. Nothing wrong with MPA builds at all

Yeah, I just got an Axiom build PMR Pro and I quite like it. MPA through Lisa quickly took care of me losing a part and the rifle shoots very well. The bolt love lift was heavy at first, but obsessive dry firing on my part lightened it quite a bit.

Reactions: WyCoShooter