• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack Type S Review Part 1

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
It's getting into the hotter times of the year here so I have been contemplating an option that allows me to still carry a full size combat handgun without sweating all over it every day. Enter the Maxpedition Versipack. This also gives me somewhere to stash all that extra crap we like to drag around.

This is just an initial review. I will have a full review up after I have had a chance to use the bag for a couple weeks.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ymdh6jgHLNU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ymdh6jgHLNU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Re: Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack Type S Review Part 1

Thanks for the review. The Jumbo Versipack is a good seller for us. However, it's design is for right hand concealed carry & doesn't really work right for the lefty. Not saying it can't work, just that it is awkward.

Regardless, it is exceptional kit with a lot of versatility.

I really like my sikta gearslinger make a great CC backpack and small range bag. Nice review got to like that Maxpedition stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceylonc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the review. The Jumbo Versipack is a good seller for us. However, it's design is for right hand concealed carry & doesn't really work right for the lefty. Not saying it can't work, just that it is awkward.</div></div>

This is the "Type S" which is specifically designed for left side wear. I believe one of the differences is the direction the zippers pull. This is supposed to make it a little less awkward.

For "Part 2" I am going to try to do some live fire range demos. I need to get used to drawing from the bag first. I try to minimize how much of a doofus I look like when I am doing video that goes worldwide.

I have this exact pack. I am right handed but carry the type S on my left side and just cross draw my Glock from it. It is an excellent well made rig that goes everywhere I go. I keep a fixed blade knife, tarp, fire starting stuff, water filter, paracord, 4 loaded mags for the Glock, compass, first aid kit and a bunch of other survival/get me home gear.