• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Chassis

By some black friday miracle I managed to get one ordered yesterday. Is the lead time for these really going to be 8-12 or is that just a disclaimer you put on everthing?
Some of the FS will take 8 - 12 weeks.

Welcome new brothers and sisters to the MDT fold.....Hopefully you love them as much as I love mine.

MDT ACC+Defiance+Bartlein+TriggerTech+APA with a sprinkle of magic sauce by Greg Young at SPR EQUALS 2500yd steel yesterday going BANG!! 300PRC and 230gr A-Tips make good ju-ju.

What did you order and what time? At 6am yesterday anything Rem700 footprint was sold out. For me anyway.
It was a sa 700 right hand. It was pretty late. Like I said it was some miracle or more likely a glitch in the website because I looked on Thursday and I saw they were sold out.
You know that guy that everyone hates because they get a great deal and it seams like pure luck, well yesterday I was that guy. They were gone right after I checked out.

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL
Not at this time. Make sure to leave us a request.

Thinking about .... all I would really need to do is mill in a slot for the left bolt handle right.... ? your BF sale for a chassis base is a little to go to pass up on....

I got a shipping notice on Friday afternoon for the Tikka ACC that I scored. So either the elves were working on Friday or the order system automatically generated the label and the email..
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but free shipping is UPS SurePost, so that adds a minimum of two days to the transit time.

Mine is USP SurePost as well. I can't complain since shipping was free.

Thinking about .... all I would really need to do is mill in a slot for the left bolt handle right.... ? your BF sale for a chassis base is a little to go to pass up on....
Pretty much, if you have a left trigger as well, you may need to clearance for that.

@MDT_OFFICIAL @MDT_Josh

Just throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks...but imagine your ACC chassis sitting in front of you without a barreled action. Would the extra machining cost be that much if you were to mill out the bolt slot on both sides...left and right....but instead of having the annoying hole on the unused side...you could drill in 2-3 holes and have a spring loaded detent that would pop in filling that space with some nice looking badge with the MDT logo?

Reactions: MDT_Josh
@MDT_OFFICIAL @MDT_Josh

Just throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks...but imagine your ACC chassis sitting in front of you without a barreled action. Would the extra machining cost be that much if you were to mill out the bolt slot on both sides...left and right....but instead of having the annoying hole on the unused side...you could drill in 2-3 holes and have a spring loaded detent that would pop in filling that space with some nice looking badge with the MDT logo?

I think that's what XLR does? Their chassis are ambi, and they have a little thing that goes on the un-used side.

I think that's what XLR does? Their chassis are ambi, and they have a little thing that goes on the un-used side.

Also what the MPA chassis does.

Welp ordered a long action one for my left-long action build....

@MDT_OFFICIAL

Thanks for the great customer service and quick shipping. My Black Friday FactorySecond/Blemish arrived today and I can't find a single thing wrong with it... it actually was packaged and looked newer than the new one I bought...

T3X in 308

1575519257647.png

T1X right behind it :)

1575519294423.png

If you got the note during your order it will be 8 - 12 weeks.
I saw a note on the paint color that it could be 3-4 weeks, but that seems odd for a factory second. I assume it is painted already? I got base chassis and butt stock separately, both with the comment about painting taking 3-4 weeks.

I snagged a acc fde factory second for my tikka ctr and t1x.

Where did it say 3-4 weeks for delivery?
I looked at my confirmation email and didn’t see it.

I could have missed it when I ordered. I was dealing with work and family obligations so i ordered in a rush after giving up on a KRG bravo blem.

Thanks

I saw a note on the paint color that it could be 3-4 weeks, but that seems odd for a factory second. I assume it is painted already? I got base chassis and butt stock separately, both with the comment about painting taking 3-4 weeks.
Yes, the second batch of factory seconds is uncoated and they had some small issues so we are working on them now.

@bgavin It depends on when you placed the order.

Reactions: FromMyColdDeadHand
I snagged a acc fde factory second for my tikka ctr and t1x.

Where did it say 3-4 weeks for delivery?
I looked at my confirmation email and didn’t see it.

I could have missed it when I ordered. I was dealing with work and family obligations so i ordered in a rush after giving up on a KRG bravo blem.

Thanks

It took a lot of self control to not buy one for my Tikka!! It is definately on my list.

But we have to save up for the new hotness dropping from you guys at SHOT.
-I say as I'm awaiting delivery of my ACC so I have something to put my CKYE pod on...

Thanks, that is what I figured but wanted to be sure it wasn't just me
Hi.
I have an ACC and run a Tikka barreled action.
You only have to touch the grip ever so slightly to get cross hair movement. I was expecting the aluminium chassis to be ridged. I’m currently looking at options to stiffen it up.

Hi.
I have an ACC and run a Tikka barreled action.
You only have to touch the grip ever so slightly to get cross hair movement. I was expecting the aluminium chassis to be ridged. I’m currently looking at options to stiffen it up.
Wow, you touch something and it moves. Who the fuck would have thought?

1575908346083.png

I'm a little confused... I haven't noticed any flex issues, I run a T1x and T3x in mine setup at 12.5 and 15lbs. Are you saying you have your rifle in a vise, and touching the grip flexes the rifle?

My ACC is sitting in it’s box in my office at work. Since it’s a Christmas Present it’ll get wrapped up and put under the tree.
I did take both the chassis and the butt stock out and inspected them, there were no obvious blemishes in the machining or the coating. Must be overstock then.
Didn’t realize that the vertical grip isn’t included, so I have one coming from Brownells, it’ll be here in time for Christmas.

I received my ESS Chassis with Skelton butt stock. The only thing I could find wrong with it was a small grove or line cut into the upper part of the chassis where the butt stock attaches. Very please with what I received. I think my ESS is the 4th chassis I've ordered from MDT from one of their sales. I haven't found any defects on a TAC21 and LSS chassis received. A Gen 1 LSS XL ordered last year looks like it was a demo since it has some wear. But I only paid $100 for it, so can't complain.

Last edited:
This might not be the best place to ask this, but is anyone running MDT mags in an ACC chassis with an Archimedes action? Mine is at the smith getting a barrel turned, and I've already bought 2 of the MDT 12 round mags. Worst case, I'll have to post them in the PX and pick up some ARC mags.

I know the guys at MDT are busy so I won't bother them. you guys on the other hand...

what's the shortest barrel that will fit in the ACC chassis?

asking for a friend. :LOL:

Got my seconds chassis parts and they look awesome. Looking to build it into a rifle. Started thinking about weight and how much weight to add, but got into a loop. If you are adding weight with the channel and exterior, and you are building a rifle, why not put the weight into the barrel? Then add some weight to tweak the balance and dynamics.

How much weight do people put into their chassis? How often do you take it out or tweak it Based on what you are shooting?

Got my seconds chassis parts and they look awesome. Looking to build it into a rifle. Started thinking about weight and how much weight to add, but got into a loop. If you are adding weight with the channel and exterior, and you are building a rifle, why not put the weight into the barrel? Then add some weight to tweak the balance and dynamics.

How much weight do people put into their chassis? How often do you take it out or tweak it Based on what you are shooting?

It all depends on what you're looking for, generally you add all of it to take out any recoil and get a work out, or you add no weight just to get all the added features, or you order a few weights at a time to find that perfect balance point.

@MDT_OFFICIAL will there be any Tikka LH love in 2020? The T1X in lefty should be coming out, and there's already multiple T3X's in lefty. My fiance's a lefty and would love to run a MDT chassis. She also won the 50% cert for Oct NRL22 prize drawings.

@MDT_OFFICIAL will there be any Tikka LH love in 2020? The T1X in lefty should be coming out, and there's already multiple T3X's in lefty. My fiance's a lefty and would love to run a MDT chassis. She also won the 50% cert for Oct NRL22 prize drawings.

I've heard that it's on the list, but being impatient I was able to score a blemished right hand ACC on Black Friday and will be getting that milled to accept my left hand Tikka.

Reactions: littlepod
It's possible, make sure to leave us a product request!

Waiting patiently(almost) for mine.

Got shipped quite fast even tho it was on back order, then it got stuck in the black hole = Swedish custom house...
Which takes forever to do their damn work...

Going to put my KS ARMS SAR gen 2 in 22BR in it, and use it for competition shooting.