• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Chassis

For sure! I agree with all those points and trying to make conversation in a stale thread. Mostly trying to do something while waiting for the shorter LOP to be out.

I will add, the grip feels better to me (than the Magpul) as it is more vertical (no rake in the front). The long forend seemed to really be a benefit also. I do feel the Magpul is pretty high quality as the fit of everything is really nice. The ACC is just more comfortable. The adjustment of the cheek rest (mainly side to side) was almost as big for me as when I first slid the grip foreward and back on the Magpul (and ACC). I guess I have a fuca (fat upper cheek area) and feel I usually have to cant my head over fairly far on cheek rests that don't move side to side. The magwell on the ACC is leaps and bounds above the Magpul also. I have had to jerry rig my own magwell/barricade stop on the Magpul to try and help with some mag feeding issues with the axiom and nucleus I have. The Orgin feeds like butter out of my Magpul, however. I have not had really any time on the ACC, though, as I sent mine back waiting for the shorter LOP version.

One area that was different but in no way wrong with the ACC was getting used to the sound of the hollow chassis pinging while running the bolt, especially on an empty mag. Also the ring dry firing sends through the chassis. Not a knock at all, just something I noticed.

Also, MDT's customer service has been great to deal with. Both with the return of the first chassis and with talking to Josh about some areas of concern/improvement on the chassis.

After reading through this entire thread I think it’s safe to say this is going to be the chassis I build my rifle on soon. I will be ready to build around the same time the folder comes out. Exciting stuff.

Hey Josh, Im very pleased with this chassis. Ive also been looking at your other chassis' for some of my other rifles but they all seem like a downgrade after this. Have you considered doing a shorter version (lss-xl/oryx length)?

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Hey Josh, Im very pleased with this chassis. Ive also been looking at your other chassis' for some of my other rifles but they all seem like a downgrade after this. Have you considered doing a shorter version (lss-xl/oryx length)?

It's something that comes up from time-to-time but nothing that we've explored too much into unfortunately. The more requests we get, the more we will consider it though :)

It's something that comes up from time-to-time but nothing that we've explored too much into unfortunately. The more requests we get, the more we will consider it though :)

I’d be interested to see how one works if you ever do a prototype. :)

I’d like it for hunting out of my ute and off the bonnet etc in Australia :)

Love the chassis! It’s great to play and fine tune all the different adjustments to tailor the rifle to you! Great product!

Attachments

• 183D0B92-B3D8-40D9-A0CE-9D7273705796.jpeg
    183D0B92-B3D8-40D9-A0CE-9D7273705796.jpeg
    502.2 KB · Views: 175

I might've gotten lost in the thread, but I think this refers to the ACC, right? I think a bunch of us held off on contacting you directly, because you indicated you were working on it already back in March (in this thread). For me, 13.3" should work, but I'd prefer to have a shorter starting point. Good to know that it starts at 13.3" now, though!

One point of confusion - the MDT website still indicates a 14" LOP for the chassis?

I might've gotten lost in the thread, but I think this refers to the ACC, right? I think a bunch of us held off on contacting you directly, because you indicated you were working on it already back in March (in this thread). For me, 13.3" should work, but I'd prefer to have a shorter starting point. Good to know that it starts at 13.3" now, though!

One point of confusion - the MDT website still indicates a 14" LOP for the chassis?

I was told it was a rolling change to the LOP by MDT CS. I received an updated chassis about a week ago. The length was reduced by 4mm. It now works for me, but I would still like to see it shorter because you get so much adjustment in the butt plate. All of my other LOP's are at 13.5 and this is just a hair longer still, all the way collapsed down.

Really? So, it's not really 13.3, then? I'm running 13.5 now, and it's arguably just a scoche long, still, so... if yours is still longer, maybe this isn't going to work for me.

I haven't measured it but was told they reduced the LOP by 4mm. I will try to do that later today. It does not feel awful right now for length. I think having the ability to offset the cheek piece side to side helps because you do not have to strain your neck as much. I am sure I will be corrected if CS told me incorrectly, but I can feel it is still a little longer than all my other chassis I have.

Really? So, it's not really 13.3, then? I'm running 13.5 now, and it's arguably just a scoche long, still, so... if yours is still longer, maybe this isn't going to work for me.

Thanks for the follow up guys! As @Tactical Taz said, we are currently at a little under 13.5" LOP on most inlets for the ACC chassis and have not yet updated the website. Still working on the slightly shorter LOP, but it is not current production unfortunately.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie

I think the post Josh was replying to was a question about a shorter forearm, not LOP.

What does it take to re-cerakot something, or did you order it without any cerakote?

We do not offer any chassis unfinished but there have been lots of customers who have taken them to a local Cerakoter and had the work done to make it their own.

This was in regards to a shorter forend version. There are some people using shorter barreled trainers that want shorter forends, or like the ergonomics and want to use it for other applications and want to keep the same platform as their match gun.

Is a Tikka long action version for the 3.56 mags in the works? Preferably left handed......and folding......

Hey @MDT_OFFICIAL, I noticed that there's a specific inlet on the ACC for a Defiance. I have a Surgeon 591, just confirming that the standard Rem 700 SA inlet will work? Cheers, BP

MDT_OFFICIAL

Does this chassis use the same mag inlet relative to fore/aft position and action as MDT ESS for a Tikka?

I have an ESS and unfortunately for me it's relegated to running with my 6 Dasher and 223 Tikka build. The mag is positioned too far forward to make use of AICS mags sans front plate limiting the COAL's I'm able to run.

Is this intentional by design and something you may look at rectifying in future versions?

I've got several different chassis and stock options for my Tikkas with no other manufacturers inlets having this issue.

Hey @MDT_OFFICIAL, I noticed that there's a specific inlet on the ACC for a Defiance. I have a Surgeon 591, just confirming that the standard Rem 700 SA inlet will work? Cheers, BP

Just to jump in here; we have listed the Remington SA inlet to work with most Remington 700 SA clones (including the Surgeon 591, Defiance Rebel/Deviant/etc., Impact 737R, Lone Peak Fuzion/Ti, etc.), but the Defiance XM inlet is specific to the slightly longer (medium length) Defiance XM design for the Deviant and Rebels. This design uses longer magazines and a longer bolt spacing, so we have a unique inlet for that.

MDT_OFFICIAL

Does this chassis use the same mag inlet relative to fore/aft position and action as MDT ESS for a Tikka?

I have an ESS and unfortunately for me it's relegated to running with my 6 Dasher and 223 Tikka build. The mag is positioned too far forward to make use of AICS mags sans front plate limiting the COAL's I'm able to run.

Is this intentional by design and something you may look at rectifying in future versions?

I've got several different chassis and stock options for my Tikkas with no other manufacturers inlets having this issue.

Depending on when you got your ESS, we have updated that magazine well position to allow the use of non-binderplate magazines in the Tikka's. The ACC will run just fine with the mag well in the same position and just about any magazine you put in there :)

Thought about this myself, but that bipod will be pretty far out there unless you have some serious reach. Then again I typically run mine all the way out.

On second thought, a spigot would come in handy for mounting a Magnetospeed on an ARCA mount and also running the bipod all the way out.

Is the FDE free or does it cost extra with a wait time?
mdtaccfde-png.7108903

Attachments

• MdtAccFde.png
    MdtAccFde.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,126
It's free. I ordered one already and got it in. It shipped within a week. MDT is a badass company listening to customers and delivering on their commitments. Not something you see often in this industry...

@MDT_Josh , any plans for a spigot mount for the ACC?

Why would you ever need it? The ACC is longer than any chassis WITH a spigot mount or extended arca including foundation, mpa, etc. Any further out and you wouldn't be able to adjust it while prone without completely getting up or sliding the gun way back. Just my .02 but i really doubt there's a market for a spigot on this chassis. Only recommendation I'd have is to make a m-loko data card holder for the left side of the chassis!

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
It's free. I ordered one already and got it in. It shipped within a week. MDT is a badass company listening to customers and delivering on their commitments. Not something you see often in this industry...
Does the buttpad have the ability to adjust cant? I didn't see it mentioned on the website but earlier in the thread they said it would:

Sorry for the "quick and dirty" solidworks screenshots, but it's still early over here on the West Coast. We will be adding something to the website in the next few months, but essentially your adjustments are: cheek riser up/down + tilt left/right + pan left/right, buttpad in/out (LOP) + slide up/down + cant left/right + pan right/left. Hopefully this illustrates the adjustment a little more :)

Why would you ever need it? The ACC is longer than any chassis WITH a spigot mount or extended arca including foundation, mpa, etc. Any further out and you wouldn't be able to adjust it while prone without completely getting up or sliding the gun way back. Just my .02 but i really doubt there's a market for a spigot on this chassis. Only recommendation I'd have is to make a m-loko data card holder for the left side of the chassis!
I am def in the minority for wanting it, though it isn't a dealbreaker for me. I shoot F Class with my rifle by slapping on a bag rider to a pic rail, the further forward the better and typically a spigot with a pic rail will allow a lower center or gravity vs going on the arca rail with an arca to pic adapter.

I'll have to check the butt pad when I'm home about cant but I don't really care about that anyway as I shoot PRS and I'm in funky positions all the time. I more care about short length of pull to free recoil. Also you may want to look into solutions that already exist for extending bipods way forward. I've seen some solutions at SHOT show that fit the bill for what you are describing. It's basically a tube that extends it way out a couple feet.

Hello Everyone!

If you have an ACC Chassis and you want a folding buttstock, you can now order it! Here is the link > https://mdttac.com/ca_en/mdt-skeleton-rifle-stock.html Please note, we will not be able to offer a buyback of the non-folding stock.

To order a new ACC with a folding buttstock, you will need to message our support line. We will have this functionality live on the website soon.

- Kyle

Hello Everyone!

If you have an ACC Chassis and you want a folding buttstock, you can now order it! Here is the link > https://mdttac.com/ca_en/mdt-skeleton-rifle-stock.html Please note, we will not be able to offer a buyback of the non-folding stock.

To order a new ACC with a folding buttstock, you will need to message our support line. We will have this functionality live on the website soon.

- Kyle

Are the current production ACC’s the same length from where the stock mounts to the muzzle? Or have their been adjustments made to accommodate a v.2 skeleton stock and the folder options?

Is the Deadline inlet still in the works? Should I be waiting for it to be released? Thanks!

We are still looking into making something for the Deadline but do not have a time frame right now on when or if it will be available.

Are the current production ACC’s the same length from where the stock mounts to the muzzle? Or have their been adjustments made to accommodate a v.2 skeleton stock and the folder options?

We are always improving our designs as we use them in the field and more people get their hands on them and give us feedback. The folding buttstock is the same length as the fixed buttstock but there have been updates to the chassis which has made the buttstock attachment point further forward shortening the length of pull from the original design.

Reactions: Cornerstonearmory