• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Elite

Did you add the rear weight/spacer?

I didn't add mine.. at 22", my balance was perfect.
I added the rear spacer yes.
I have a 1.25” straight taper 27” all the internal weights and and 2 external weights placed about midway and Hawkins one piece and an xtr pro. My balance point is only about 4” in front of magwell. But I don’t figure rifle balance with my bipod, I want my rifle balanced without the bipod.
I rarely take my ckyepod off in a match unless stage calls for it with tight port holes or something, for that reason I try balance the rifle with the bipod attached. If a person were to go full ham with all weights(inside/outside) I think it's be tough to get these to balance. Idk. I have rubber dampers coming along with internal weights, I'll likely ass a few internal weights where the chassis interfaces with bag. May order the buttstock weight as well.

Reactions: iceng
That silver hardware was bugging me just a few minutes into it...

All replaced.
PXL_20230506_151029941.jpg
PXL_20230506_151621213.jpg

I added the rear spacer yes.

I rarely take my ckyepod off in a match unless stage calls for it with tight port holes or something, for that reason I try balance the rifle with the bipod attached. If a person were to go full ham with all weights(inside/outside) I think it's be tough to get these to balance. Idk. I have rubber dampers coming along with internal weights, I'll likely ass a few internal weights where the chassis interfaces with bag. May order the buttstock weight as well.
Ah I see. I have the rubbers in mine. I find having the bipod on there more cumbersome and less maneuverable. 90% of the time I either don’t use it in the stage or when I do use it it’s right at the first of the stage and I fling it off after. But to each their own, everyone has their way of doing things! If it works, don’t fix it right? Haha.

So with the connector bar, and long rear butt pad underside "tail stock" if you would, be designed to not run a bag rider?

So with the connector bar, and long rear butt pad underside "tail stock" if you would, be designed to not run a bag rider?
I flipped the entire butt pad assemble upside down and then snagged an mlok bag rider. The pad interfaces a lot better with my pec and clavicle and the bag rider works nicely.

What's everyone using to rest your weakside thumb on? I'm not a fan of the baker wings and I've tried the grey ops thumbrest and weights. Thinking I might just rest my thumb on the chassis itself until the control bridges are out

What's everyone using to rest your weakside thumb on? I'm not a fan of the baker wings and I've tried the grey ops thumbrest and weights. Thinking I might just rest my thumb on the chassis itself until the control bridges are out
I use an ATR.

Unfortunately, it's no longer made

PXL_20230506_151525112.jpg

Reactions: Shifty6BR
I threw on some gray ops hybrid weights yesterday which have a flat top (not scalloped like some designs) and have ample thumb room now to get a solid clamp on weight and bag, so I think I’m going to try that and see how it goes.

Reactions: NiteQwill
I put one of these on and I like it a lot. Another option that I thought may work but haven’t tried is the thumb shelf that comes with the acc elite.

Attachments

• IMG_2815.png
    IMG_2815.png
    1 MB · Views: 54
I have an MDT weight where my weak hand supports and put some grip tape on it and the chassis and use that.

Put a weight on there that has a flush cup hole, then throw a manners clutch in there. Clutch is cheap, prob already have a mdt or gray ops weight laying around that has a qd point.

I’m going to go ahead and recommend nobody buy an @MDT_OFFICIAL ACC Elite for the foreseeable future because they can’t manage to not pack a sharp edged steel block in the box loose with the buttstock and I know of 5 chassises (including my own) in this recent batch that are showing up brand new with fucked up cerakote. MDT doesn’t seem to care - they told me to take it up with the retailer I purchased it from so I can return the entire chassis and wait indefinitely for a replacement on something costs $2,000 with all the accessories.

To be clear, this is not a retailer issue, this is an MDT packaging issue. This is the 3rd time in recent months I’ve had to deal with buying a product from an industry company that poorly packaged it resulting in damage, and every time no one wants to take responsibility. If we don’t hold companies accountable for delivering a quality (and expensive) item as advertised, they’re just going to keep pulling this crap I guess.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Meety Peety
I’m going to go ahead and recommend nobody buy an @MDT_OFFICIAL ACC Elite for the foreseeable future because they can’t manage to not pack a sharp edged steel block in the box loose with the buttstock and I know of 5 chassises (including my own) in this recent batch that are showing up brand new with fucked up cerakote. MDT doesn’t seem to care - they told me to take it up with the retailer I purchased it from so I can return the entire chassis and wait indefinitely for a replacement on something costs $2,000 with all the accessories.

To be clear, this is not a retailer issue, this is an MDT packaging issue.
Mine just showed up fine, no cerakote issues. But cerakote chips seems like a small issue to have such a strong statement over…. Especially when every cerakote job I’ve ever had done always ends up wearing off on the arca rail and high wear areas.

Mine just showed up fine, no cerakote issues. But cerakote chips seems like a small issue to have such a strong statement over…. Especially when every cerakote job I’ve ever had done always ends up wearing off on the arca rail and high wear areas.
I compete with my rifles, so expectations are there for normal wear and scratches. But out of the box... It should be perfect.

As you can see from above, the damage varies from whatever to deep gouges in the chassis metal.

Reactions: kthomas
I compete with my rifles, so expectations are there for normal wear and scratches. But out of the box... It should be perfect.

As you can see from above, the damage varies from whatever to deep gouges in the chassis metal.
Well seeing that damage, I would be upset too. That’s more then just a Cerakote chip ha, them are gouges

Look, you do you. I reached out because I paid $2,000. Yea it’s gonna get dinged up in use, I’m well aware of that. But, so is your car/truck, and you’d be an idiot to let the dealership tell you it’s okay your brand new car has some scratches on it and you can just go figure it out yourself.

Don’t advertise yourself as a premium brand if you can’t deliver a premium product or your response to customer is “oh well, feel free to go talk to someone else about it”. I wasn’t looking for a replacement, I was looking for an acknowledgement that if I do have a more serious issue down the road, they’ll actually take care of it. So far I’m not impressed.

Reactions: Baron23
Look, you do you. I reached out because I paid $2,000. Yea it’s gonna get dinged up in use, I’m well aware of that. But, so is your car/truck, and you’d be an idiot to let the dealership tell you it’s okay your brand new car has some scratches on it and you can just go figure it out yourself.

Don’t advertise yourself as a premium brand if you can’t deliver a premium product or your response to customer is “oh well, feel free to go talk to someone else about it”. I wasn’t looking for a replacement, I was looking for an acknowledgement that if I do have a more serious issue down the road, they’ll actually take care of it. So far I’m not impressed.
Well if you see my reply to @NiteQwill I now, would agree. In my mind I was thinking slight chips or something not full on gouges, I would be pissed if mine showed up gouged like that.

I agree and think it's beyond fair to expect an expensive product to not arrive with any damage, even though us users are going to inflict damage onto the product through use ourselves.

I do cerakote work, and I’m fastidious about delivering it as close to perfect as I can.

It’s a bit like buying a car, you know it’s gonna get stone chips, but you don’t want to drive out of the dealership with them.
In this case it would appear avoidable because they package a chunk of steel that’s about 8 ounces with hard edges in the box with the buttstock.. problem is neither of them are actually secured in the box, so they just bounce around in shipping and bang on each other.

Anyone know if the Elite supports the SRS spacers? …or is the SRS-X use a different spacer system?

My Blue Elite has similar scratches and dings as NiteQuill, I reached out to Josh at MDT as I wanted to let him know without whining on here. He said MDT customer service would call me and make it right. I have not heard from them yet. Love the chassis, but bummer to get a $1600 chassis that looks like it's already used for a while. Packaging is the culprit, I'm sure they will figure it out. I will undoubtedly scratch it more, but I'd like to be the one to do it.

• Sad
View attachment 8022762

MDT is excited to announce the launch of our new flagship chassis, the MDT ACC Elite.

The MDT ACC Elite is the most advanced competition chassis system available. It provides top-tier shooters with instinctual point-and-shoot control through perfect balance. You will find targets faster and be more precise. Each element of the ACC Elite is stiffer, more adjustable, and balanced to create the perfect rifle/shooter interaction.

The MDT ACC Elite Chassis System is an advanced fusion of design and engineering created for the Elite professional shooters. Each ACC Elite Chassis is assembled from CNC machined 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum with Black, FDE, or Titanium Blue Cerakote finish. Highlights include; a longer, wider, and stronger forend with integrated ARCA rail; a taller, adjustable magazine well; improved geometry on the new SRS-X Elite Buttstock, and redesigned Vertical Grip Elite with a connector bar. The Remington 700 SA inlet chassis weighs 6.1 lbs and is 37.4” long from forend to buttstock.

The MDT ACC Elite - Remington 700 SA - is now available with a starting price of $1599.95 USD. Details can be found at https://mdttac.com/acc-elite-chassis-system/
View attachment 8022717View attachment 8022718

View attachment 8022712View attachment 8022713View attachment 8022714View attachment 8022715View attachment 8022716

*Edit - See full list of changes below.

Current Change List as of July 2022 - Production (front to back):
  1. QD cups added to forend tip on both sides
  2. Eliminated removable endcap so that there is no way to add/remove internal weights unless barreled action is removed. Still compatible with up-to 1.250" straight barrels
  3. Drilled and tapped holes along top of forend for NV and Control Bridges
  4. Included, optional grip tape for underside of forend
  5. Thicker/wider forend for added rigidity
  6. R-Lok machined to RRS Spec. along underside of forend
  7. M-Lok removed from underside of forend where it was not necessary for additional rigidity
  8. Barricade stop made 1/2" taller and more aggressive
  9. Optional, user installed mag well dowels added to adjust magazine fit, with optional front dowels for undersized, polymer magazines
  10. Press-fit steel bushings added under action screws, and low tolerance, hardened steel washers added
  11. Adjustable mag latch (+1.5mm/-2.5mm (4 mm total) travel)
  12. Optional, user installed grip tape on either side of trigger guard for additional safety and indexing when transitioning with a fully built match rifle
  13. M-Lok adjustable thumb shelf that can be attached on either side of the chassis
  14. New grip/connector bar design that is modular and backwards compatible
  15. Grip allows ~13.8 mm/0.55" back-and-forth adjustment and +/- 5 degrees of cant
  16. New buttstock profile that is shorter (12.25" LOP minimum/14.75" LOP maximum) and has different geometry that promotes in-line recoil to the shooter
  17. New cheekriser with 1" back to front adjustment built in
  18. Tool-less buttstock adjustment
  19. Hex key storage in buttstock for 1/8" and T10 hex keys
  20. 3/4" LOP spacer included in buttstock assembly

Minor Changes:
  1. Side accessory holes shifted in-line with M-Lok
  2. All fasteners (minus action screws) made T10 or 1/8" hex common
  3. Buttpad height graduations lasered into buttpad base for easy repeatability
  4. Overall aesthetic update
  5. Buttpad and LOP spacer include 4x fastening points to ensure that buttpad assembly is rigid, even when raised
  6. 3/8" E-Clips included to act as cheek riser height or LOP coarse memory system
  7. XTN logo engraved on rear of chassis
  8. New buttstock jellies to fit updated buttstock to launch soon after chassis
  9. Action screw torque engraved onto underside of the chassis
  10. New Elite logo engraved onto chassis
I find the butt pad on chassis to be unforgiving. I have one MDT LSS gen 2 and two of the Oryx. I even talked to the engineer at Falcon Strike. No one is making a hydraulic recoil pad for the chassis butts.

That leaves using a Limbsaver Aerotech slip-on. Which is good. But I like a butt stock that looks like it was designed that way.

Hopefully they figure it out, I think it’s the nicest chassis I’ve tried. Just a bummer to receive new product all scratched up. Got a new RRS arc clamp this week that had 3 layers of packaging to protect it. It is spotless, as most new things I’ve purchased are.

Lastly, I do like MDT stuff and their subsidiary, Oryx. It fits, it works, and it is affordable.

my avatar is one of my .308 rifles in an Oryx.

Reactions: Stoweit
4 years ago I got an ACC premier chassis, and it was flawless, not so much with the Elite. That said the Elite is a much better Chassis.

I find the butt pad on chassis to be unforgiving. I have one MDT LSS gen 2 and two of the Oryx. I even talked to the engineer at Falcon Strike. No one is making a hydraulic recoil pad for the chassis butts.

That leaves using a Limbsaver Aerotech slip-on. Which is good. But I like a butt stock that looks like it was designed that way.
I plan on having a buddy grind a pad for me

Reactions: Ronws
4 years ago I got an ACC premier chassis, and it was flawless, not so much with the Elite. That said the Elite is a much better Chassis.
They had a fire sale and I got one for 700 bucks… so the Premier was a pretty good deal for that cash.

Hopefully they figure it out, I think it’s the nicest chassis I’ve tried. Just a bummer to receive new product all scratched up. Got a new RRS arc clamp this week that had 3 layers of packaging to protect it. It is spotless, as most new things I’ve purchased are.
I will say that the vision chassis is comfortable and overall the same price.

(I have my TRG-22 in a Vision.)

When I compare the prices of the two, they are basically the same… and the vision can be cerakoted any color straight from the vendor!

Reactions: Schütze
In this case it would appear avoidable because they package a chunk of steel that’s about 8 ounces with hard edges in the box with the buttstock.. problem is neither of them are actually secured in the box, so they just bounce around in shipping and bang on each other.
That big ass T Handle wrench bouncing around in there probably isn't helping anything either.

Are you all thinking it's the buttpad spacer, the wrench, or both? The buttpad spacer is aluminum, but does have sharp edges and could certainly do some damage. Thankfully, mine was bubble wrapped (rather thin but seemed to work)and trapped between the front of the buttstock and the box wall. The T Wrench is what did a little damage to mine. Thankfully, the cerakote was untouched, but the buttpad base, where it had lain on the T-wrench had a few dings.
The chassis body is so nicely swaddled in custom cut ethofoam that it's a shame the buttstock wasn't treated as well.

@MDT_OFFICIAL a couple easy packaging suggestions:
1. Install the buttpad spacer. There's room in the box and the picture on the front even shows it that way. Most people may not run it that way, but I bet they'd rather loosen a few screws and have to remove it, rather than deal with cerakote damage.

2: It's nice that you include a wrench, but either ship it separately (maybe it could be bubble wrapped and fit inside the omnibus box, but outside/trapped between the individual boxes... or better yet, keep it in the buttstock box, but throw a thin sheet of ethofoam (like the lid of the chassis base) on top, and then put the buttstock (with buttpad spacer installed!) on top of that.

That should stop your damage issues (a little MDT swag for my ideas wouldn't go amiss ;) )

Thanks for listening and I hope you can get this addressed quickly as it is an amazing product...it just should arrive looking as amazing as it left your shop!

Are you all thinking it's the buttpad spacer, the wrench, or both? The buttpad spacer is aluminum, but does have sharp edges and could certainly do some damage. Thankfully, mine was bubble wrapped (rather thin but seemed to work)and trapped between the front of the buttstock and the box wall. The T Wrench is what did a little damage to mine. Thankfully, the cerakote was untouched, but the buttpad base, where it had lain on the T-wrench had a few dings.
The chassis body is so nicely swaddled in custom cut ethofoam that it's a shame the buttstock wasn't treated as well.

@MDT_OFFICIAL a couple easy packaging suggestions:
1. Install the buttpad spacer. There's room in the box and the picture on the front even shows it that way. Most people may not run it that way, but I bet they'd rather loosen a few screws and have to remove it, rather than deal with cerakote damage.

2: It's nice that you include a wrench, but either ship it separately (maybe it could be bubble wrapped and fit inside the omnibus box, but outside/trapped between the individual boxes... or better yet, keep it in the buttstock box, but throw a thin sheet of ethofoam (like the lid of the chassis base) on top, and then put the buttstock (with buttpad spacer installed!) on top of that.

That should stop your damage issues (a little MDT swag for my ideas wouldn't go amiss ;) )

Thanks for listening and I hope you can get this addressed quickly as it is an amazing product...it just should arrive looking as amazing as it left your shop!
In the case of both my Elites, the cause was the spacer. It is clearly moving inside the box.

Both ideas you gave are excellent.

I'm expecting a 3rd Elite, I'm anticipating there will be damage...

In the case of both my Elites, the cause was the spacer. It is clearly moving inside the box.

Both ideas you gave are excellent.

I'm expecting a 3rd Elite, I'm anticipating there will be damage...
It’s just gonna be a a box of metal shavings this time lol

Hi All,

There were a lot of updates here, and impossible to quote them all since it just got rolling. @howler, Our sincerest apologies; that wasn't the goal of what was said. If you would like to swap out the chassis, we can for sure. The goal is to always serve the customer as quickly as possible, and when purchased from a retailer, that usually is the best way to go about it, but we can help you out and have you covered if anything should come up.

The packaging issue is being addressed; going forward, the spacers are going to be installed, and the Allan key will be sleeved and taped to the bottom of the box. It's unclear where the dings on the chassis base are coming from, but I have asked the assembly team to use sleeve bags for the time being until we can sort that out as well.

@Stoweit That was our bad, the e-mail that was sent to us had a much different tone to it than that, but please reach out to us directly, and we can get you sorted out.

Going forward, if you do have any questions or concerns about MDT products, please use our support portal to reach out to us directly through our support portal, and we are always happy to help with issues. While forums are great, it's very hard to match up who is who, and for the sake of keeping things easy to deal with having direct communication with our support team is the best way. The link is below!

-Anthony