• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Elite

Two additional points:

- If you place an order under guest by mistake MDT cannot add that to your account so that you can get updates on the order later on

- If your order is back ordered for several months, and for some reason you decide that you want to change the color of your order, etc., MDT cannot change your order in the system. As such, you have to cancel your order, lose your place in line, wait for them to refund your money (14 Days), and then place a new order.

I figured it was important to put that out there as that seems a little ridiculous

Last edited:
Are you all thinking it's the buttpad spacer, the wrench, or both? The buttpad spacer is aluminum, but does have sharp edges and could certainly do some damage. Thankfully, mine was bubble wrapped (rather thin but seemed to work)and trapped between the front of the buttstock and the box wall. The T Wrench is what did a little damage to mine. Thankfully, the cerakote was untouched, but the buttpad base, where it had lain on the T-wrench had a few dings.
The chassis body is so nicely swaddled in custom cut ethofoam that it's a shame the buttstock wasn't treated as well.

@MDT_OFFICIAL a couple easy packaging suggestions:
1. Install the buttpad spacer. There's room in the box and the picture on the front even shows it that way. Most people may not run it that way, but I bet they'd rather loosen a few screws and have to remove it, rather than deal with cerakote damage.

2: It's nice that you include a wrench, but either ship it separately (maybe it could be bubble wrapped and fit inside the omnibus box, but outside/trapped between the individual boxes... or better yet, keep it in the buttstock box, but throw a thin sheet of ethofoam (like the lid of the chassis base) on top, and then put the buttstock (with buttpad spacer installed!) on top of that.

That should stop your damage issues (a little MDT swag for my ideas wouldn't go amiss ;) )

Thanks for listening and I hope you can get this addressed quickly as it is an amazing product...it just should arrive looking as amazing as it left your shop!
Fully agree with the allen key not being shipped directly under the rear stock. I just got to chassis and each of them were damaged by the this.

@MDT_OFFICIAL @MDT_Josh Anthony, Josh

disclaimer n.1 First and foremost I strongly believe you hit it out of the park with the Elite. I can prove it because I am (im)patiently waiting on two of those. I had to say that.
disclaimer n.2 Forgive my ignorance, maybe I am beating a dead horse here but I had to ask.

So long story short,

Q1: why you don't mention AW mags in the compatibility list for the Elite. I assume it's implicit, staying the adj mag latch, but since 100% of your buyers are PRS competitors for that item and a large part of these use AW (imho), or are planning to do so, maybe that statement could be useful.
Q2: I dare to ask: why don't you make a DSDF mag yourself, for both the BR family and 308 family cartridges?

thanks

mauro

@giumau1

I really have the same question as I picked up a bunch of AICS magazines… assuming it didn’t support AW mags.

Once again, I’m feeling like MDT hosed me due to their lack of dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s on the support aspect of their sales.

The whole thing with “we can’t change your order” or “we can’t move an order into your account” or “It never dawned on us to prevent stuff from rattling around in the box…,” seems SUPER cheap/rinky-dink when you are spending $1900 for a chasis and the bits for it.

@giumau1

I really have the same question as I picked up a bunch of AICS magazines… assuming it didn’t support AW mags.

Once again, I’m feeling like MDT hosed me due to their lack of dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s on the support aspect of their sales.

The whole thing with “we can’t change your order” or “we can’t move an order into your account” or “It never dawned on us to prevent stuff from rattling around in the box…,” seems SUPER cheap/rinky-dink when you are spending $1900 for a chasis and the bits for it.
I am with u.
If they want to improve they have to listen...and react... and it seems that this is happening at least on the packaging side (quick fix) With respect to order handling/process ( much harder to steer in any company) that will certainly require more time and effort.
As a poor european beggar, the fact that the disclaimer says 'please connect to the canadian website you'll be able to buy from there' and then you can't finalize practically any purchase (haven't tried with merchandise, tho :ROFLMAO:) leaves me a 'rinky-dink' aftertaste too...
(Rinky-dink....I love rinky-dink...thanks for the free english lesson...!)

@MDT_OFFICIAL @MDT_Josh Anthony, Josh

Q1: why you don't mention AW mags in the compatibility list for the Elite. I assume it's implicit, staying the adj mag latch, but since 100% of your buyers are PRS competitors for that item and a large part of these use AW (imho), or are planning to do so, maybe that statement could be useful.
Q2: I dare to ask: why don't you make a DSDF mag yourself, for both the BR family and 308 family cartridges?

thanks

mauro

It's due to it being action dependant, and not a lot of people know what an AW magazine is. We are looking into DSDF magazines.

Correct, we use Big Commerce, and you cant add an order to an account once it has been placed. Most E-commerce platforms don't really allow that function since you are changing a fundamental part of the order. With the order thing, yes, we can't change or add to them once they are placed. The only action we can take against an order once it is in our system is to cancel and replace it, which, yes, does change your position within our queue. If you edit orders while processing, it is a nightmare to manage and leads to huge shipping issues, there was a time we did it, but it was a time period when shipping mistakes were rampant. If you would like to know more about our operational processes, please reach out, and I can go into further detail about how our ERP system functions.

As for the Elite buttstock, it is an outlier for us. We've shipped tools in boxes without issue for years in the same fashion. Our current thinking is the shorter overall length of the buttstock is what has caused the issues with scratches, but we will continue to look into ways to ensure this doesn't happen.

-Anthony

Should have bought another Vision, maybe? ;) :LOL:
I’d say they both have their strengths…

Two of the nicer aspects of the vision chassis is the ability to have a folder, and you can also get it cerekoted whatever color you want.

Honestly, I don’t think you can go wrong with either one.

Reactions: Baron23
Had to grab another blue for my rimfire. The adjustable mag latch worth its weight in gold.

The Vudoo had issues out of the box with the stock setting. A 15 second adjustment and it fed perfectly all day among my collection of mags.

yUMAlJ1.jpg

Had to grab another blue for my rimfire. The adjustable mag latch worth its weight in gold.

The Vudoo had issues out of the box with the stock setting. A 15 second adjustment and it fed perfectly all day among my collection of mags.

yUMAlJ1.jpg
which barrel are you running on that? 24" bartlein?

No kidding, MDT keeps saying we’re working on it but have no timeline any time I message them. Might have to go to a BA comp, getting tired of waiting.
So the main thing holding you back from getting an ACC Elite is the mirage covers? If that's the case, I'm not sure you should be spending the extra money if you don't appreciate everything else the chassis brings to the table compared to the competition.

So the main thing holding you back from getting an ACC Elite is the mirage covers? If that's the case, I'm not sure you should be spending the extra money if you don't appreciate everything else the chassis brings to the table compared to the competition.

No the main thing is that I’m a lefty and don’t want to buy a righty and have to get it machined to fit a lefty adding additional expense and time to a product that was originally expected to be available 3 months ago.

No the main thing is that I’m a lefty and don’t want to buy a righty and have to get it machined to fit a lefty adding additional expense and time to a product that was originally expected to be available 3 months ago.
Ah. My bad... didn't follow that thread back far enough. Fair enough.

Hey everyone,

Can't quote all the messages since there is a lot, but we are hoping to have the mirage shields, NV bridges, and short left-hand actions out before the end of summer. Make sure you are signed up for our newsletter so you don't miss out.

-Anthony

Hey everyone,

Can't quote all the messages since there is a lot, but we are hoping to have the mirage shields, NV bridges, and short left-hand actions out before the end of summer. Make sure you are signed up for our newsletter so you don't miss out.

-Anthony

Why don’t you guys machine the chassis to be ambi and include a rubber insert to fill the unused side or is an ambi design patented?

I knew that was going to be a 6-8 month proposition so I designed my own back in January. I like them but I think MDT's are going to be a little more functional.

View attachment 8156052
for my intended use I'd grab a dozen of these, it's a PRS competition Chassis and these are useful just to grab the forend without touching the barrel, IMHO, no night vision or uther stuff in this context...
would you build more either tan or black?

Why don’t you guys machine the chassis to be ambi and include a rubber insert to fill the unused side or is an ambi design patented?
Why don’t you get your left handed dremel out and do this yourself?

Why don’t you get your left handed dremel out and do this yourself?
I could be wrong but I think he was asking because perhaps people spending that kind of money on a chassis would like to have it set like that from the factory instead grinding into things and possibly cancelling the warranty. I am also left-handed but shoot long guns right-handed, just to add confusion to the mix.

Reactions: Baron23
there’s no need for your facetious reply.
Just trying to help, it’s called innovation. If you want a product so bad and they don’t manufacture it to your liking, you’ll have to make it work for you or don’t use it.

For someone needing a left handed one ( previous version).

Just trying to help, it’s called innovation. If you want a product so bad and they don’t manufacture it to your liking, you’ll have to make it work for you or don’t use it.
Telling someone to take their “left handed dremel tool out” to make a chassis ambidextrous is something I’d hardly call an “innovative” or a serious reply. An actual reply would have been just buy a right handed chassis and take it to a machine shop and have them match the bolt cutout that’s on the right side. Been there and done that.

Why don’t you guys machine the chassis to be ambi and include a rubber insert to fill the unused side or is an ambi design patented
I think the Magpul pro design does this, kind of nifty

It is not a patented design and we have previously done it for OEM customers, we just believe that if you are building a purpose built, ELITE chassis you should be getting the very best! Making an ambi design is convenient, but not purpose built and we didn't want to sacrifice the quality. As a lefty, I feel the pain of this, and I know that we prioritize RH orders over left (as the ratio is about 25:1 or more), so unfortunately we just have to wait as little longer :(

- Josh

@MDT_Josh bruh where on earth are the ACC Elite Bridges!?!?! Should have been a day one product but instead get all of these.

“Subscribe to email for product releases”. Not gonna lie, the e-mails are starting to upset me.

12/16/22 ACC Elite released
12/23/22 Tricked out Rimfire…New hats
1/27/23 Rubber Dampers
2/17/23 Another Baker Wings email
3/10/23 TIMBR Frontier
3/24/23 Rebadged Shot Timer
4/1/23 April Fool’s TURD
4/6/23 Extreme Testing…MLOK LRA Mount
5/2/23 Howa Mini Mag
5/16/23 Bamboo Hoodies
6/6/23 Carbon Fiber Vertical grip

And a whole bunch in between (I don’t mind those cool informational ones or video tests)

Can we get a date or some clarity? I know if I unsubscribe they will come out and be backordered forever after the first batch.

It is not a patented design and we have previously done it for OEM customers, we just believe that if you are building a purpose built, ELITE chassis you should be getting the very best! Making an ambi design is convenient, but not purpose built and we didn't want to sacrifice the quality. As a lefty, I feel the pain of this, and I know that we prioritize RH orders over left (as the ratio is about 25:1 or more), so unfortunately we just have to wait as little longer :(

- Josh
Josh, love you guys but I don't see how providing bolt handle cutout on both sides would undermine its "purpose" of the quality of the chassis. Surly this feature wouldn't undermine structural integrity, right?

Reactions: howler
Josh, love you guys but I don't see how providing bolt handle cutout on both sides would undermine its "purpose" of the quality of the chassis. Surly this feature wouldn't undermine structural integrity, right?
It wouldn't undermine functionality, it'd just look like crap. Nobody wants a $1600 chassis to look like crap on their gun if they can help it.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Since there is no design for it, I really don't see how you could make such a statement. Pure speculation.
?

Things don't have to exist in order to have an idea of what they'd look like....

?

Things don't have to exist in order to have an idea of what they'd look like....
Baloney. Me and a retarded mechanical engineer could probably come up with at least 3-4 ways of doing this...each looking perhaps a bit different.

Nah....you're just defending an position based on...well, nothing really.

Best of luck to you.

• Haha
Reactions: GBMaryland
@MDT_Josh bruh where on earth are the ACC Elite Bridges!?!?! Should have been a day one product but instead get all of these.

“Subscribe to email for product releases”. Not gonna lie, the e-mails are starting to upset me.

12/16/22 ACC Elite released
12/23/22 Tricked out Rimfire…New hats
1/27/23 Rubber Dampers
2/17/23 Another Baker Wings email
3/10/23 TIMBR Frontier
3/24/23 Rebadged Shot Timer
4/1/23 April Fool’s TURD
4/6/23 Extreme Testing…MLOK LRA Mount
5/2/23 Howa Mini Mag
5/16/23 Bamboo Hoodies
6/6/23 Carbon Fiber Vertical grip

And a whole bunch in between (I don’t mind those cool informational ones or video tests)

Can we get a date or some clarity? I know if I unsubscribe they will come out and be backordered forever after the first batch.
I understand your frustration and all the way through development it was anticipated to be a launch accessory, much like the grip with connector bar, rear weight and updated buttstock, however, peaking behind the curtain, we ran into manufacturing problems. Long story short, rather than sell the first batch(es) at an inflated cost and different aesthetic, we decided to optimize our process and remake the first batch which has delayed their launch. Rolling into large scale production of thousands of parts is a fairly big endeavor and we always want to make sure we're doing right by you guys, the ones who are paying us to make the best products we can, so that is why the NV bridge and Control Bridge were delayed.

I can't commit to an exact date, as production is not my department, however I can promise that they don't appear to be many more weeks away from what I can tell.

Since there is no design for it, I really don't see how you could make such a statement. Pure speculation.
In this case, the idea is that if you order a RH chassis for a RH action, you don't get a redundant bolt handle and safety cutout that wouldn't otherwise be used. It would eliminate sku's and production scheduling, but you're right, it would also add a stress concentration and promote bending (not much, but some) and we have tried to eliminate ambi chassis designs where possible.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys!
- Josh

Baloney. Me and a retarded mechanical engineer could probably come up with at least 3-4 ways of doing this...each looking perhaps a bit different.

Nah....you're just defending an position based on...well, nothing really.

Best of luck to you.
What are you babbling about? I never said it wasn't possible, I just said it'd look like crap because of the necessary unused cavities for an ambi chassis which have to exist by definition. Whether you agree with me or not is a different matter than "you can't say if you'd like how it'd look or not because it doesn't exist, you're just speculating"