• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

MDT's New Chassis Offering, LSS

Well, it's here! All looks great, only issue was/is the grip screw threading(used supplied screw) didn't want to start. Took me a bit and have to probably chase the threads on it. Action dropped right in, screws lined up, torqued. Mag seats without effort, hardly any play. The 1/2" riser works perfect for me, scope is 44mm obj in NF low Direct Mount. I had to run the stock 1 click in for best comfort without moving scope from standard stock mounting. This was in kneeling and offhand. Prone, I can use it all of the way out or one in. I may bring the scope back as far as I can, which is close to one hole in the tube. I run my AR stocks all of the out and it would be uniform for me and give the option of one in when wearing heavy clothes. I wasn't sure about the forend at first, but as you see in the pics, your support hand rest comfortably in the angled spot, similar to a pistol hold. Works great in kneeling and offhand positioning. You can see the threaded holes in the forend, obvious future plans there. Anyhow good machining on it, finish is the Cerakote I believe?

Mark
Some rushed pics.

001_zps89bb8e83.jpg

002_zps72125c84.jpg

003_zpsdde92b6a.jpg

004_zps14179667.jpg

005_zpsfb678df3.jpg

006_zpsad73e3b6.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Mark don't forget who got it for you.lol you are welcome. Let me know how the recoil is? Glad you got the flat dark earth.

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk 2

And yes, thank you very much! Hey guys, I was in a hurry earlier, deal with confidence with Ancel. Great guy, comms are quick and very helpful. I took it over to court tonight and it was well received. I just painted the A2 grip, think I may go with the short Magpul grip as the "nub" on the front kinda keeps my hand low. It balances well, I think it would even balance better with a 18" barrel. Weight is 10.2 as pictured, less bipod.
I don't think I will get range time until next Friday or Saturday. I still need to finish up some loads for this rifle. Also thinking of a brake, Micro FTE, R&D or single port AAC.

Mark

I installed the Magpul K grip, like it! Don't have the annoying finger hump and my hand seems to fit more comfortably. I did change out the 1/2 riser to a 3/4 and it does give a better cheekweld. Not in the pic, I did fiddle with a Triad stock pack on the 1/2 riser and it's workable if wanting a pack for storage, etc. Some ideas to float around for sling attachments. I would prefer to not make any holes in this and would like a QD slot or plate. The three holes for future NV attachment should allow a bracket to be made for either a standard stud or QD plate. I placed the Daniel Defense rail mount I had lying around for possibly mounting the Troy plate, using it's backer plate?

Come on MDT, you must have something in the works for this?

From page one
Maybe for the front section, as offered. To allow for side QD mounting, something modified to work on this, ideas:
http://troyind.com/ /anew-products/vtac-rail-less-swivel-mount
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/keymod-qd-rl-sling-mount/
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/rotation-limited-quick-detach-sling/

003_zpsc5cb2be6.jpg

004_zps3be7e475.jpg

005_zpsfebe1b44.jpg

006_zps0b6070ae.jpg

007_zpsd5817887.jpg

008_zps1c7daab3.jpg

Mark,
I don't suppose I could talk you into measuring the length of pull with the CTR fully extended? This chassis is at the top of my list for my 16.5" SPS Tactical. I'm 6'7" and require a fairly long LOP. Thank you

Mark,
I don't suppose I could talk you into measuring the length of pull with the CTR fully extended? This chassis is at the top of my list for my 16.5" SPS Tactical. I'm 6'7" and require a fairly long LOP. Thank you

With the standard plate on the CTR, it's 14.25 fully extended. So, you could add up to .40, almost 1/2" with the .70 plate. MOE® CARBINE and CTR® ACCESSORIES. And I guess even more if you get the Vltor A5 tube. Vltor A5 Receiver Extension Tube.

Mark

With the standard plate on the CTR, it's 14.25 fully extended. So, you could add up to .40, almost 1/2" with the .70 plate. MOE® CARBINE and CTR® ACCESSORIES. And I guess even more if you get the Vltor A5 tube. Vltor A5 Receiver Extension Tube.

Mark

Thanks alot for taking the time to measure that for me. I'm planning on using the XLR folding mechanism which adds 1.25" so I should be good to go. Along with the thicker buttpad that should give me a range of 12.65" collapsed to 15.9" fully extended. That is exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Speaking of thicker buttpads, limbsaver now makes one especially for MOE/CTR stocks. It's a lot softer than Magpuls. I got mine from Cheaper than Dirt for my McRee.

Well, it's here! All looks great, only issue was/is the grip screw threading(used supplied screw) didn't want to start. Took me a bit and have to probably chase the threads on it. Action dropped right in, screws lined up, torqued. Mag seats without effort, hardly any play. The 1/2" riser works perfect for me, scope is 44mm obj in NF low Direct Mount. I had to run the stock 1 click in for best comfort without moving scope from standard stock mounting. This was in kneeling and offhand. Prone, I can use it all of the way out or one in. I may bring the scope back as far as I can, which is close to one hole in the tube. I run my AR stocks all of the out and it would be uniform for me and give the option of one in when wearing heavy clothes. I wasn't sure about the forend at first, but as you see in the pics, your support hand rest comfortably in the angled spot, similar to a pistol hold. Works great in kneeling and offhand positioning. You can see the threaded holes in the forend, obvious future plans there. Anyhow good machining on it, finish is the Cerakote I believe?

Mark
Some rushed pics.

001_zps89bb8e83.jpg

002_zps72125c84.jpg

003_zpsdde92b6a.jpg

004_zps14179667.jpg

005_zpsfb678df3.jpg

006_zpsad73e3b6.jpg

Barrel length?

Im thinking an ACE folding stock adaptor would be bad-ass on this!
Anybody try one yet?

Last edited:
Mine arrived as promised. Unfortunately the coating was worn completely off of the front of the hand guard.

Quick summary on the LSS

As pictured, 10.2 pounds
Using the NF low mount, 3/4" riser, you may like 1/2", depending
That's a 44mm obj, so safe with a 55mm with no need for a higher base/rings.
37 1/4 stock collapsed, no muzzle device, .30 plate.(20" barrel)
40 5/8 fully extended, .30 plate.
14 1/4 LOP with .30 plate, so .70 would put you shy of 14 3/4, Of course adjustable with receiver extension. For some reason you required more, you could use the Vltor A5.

MDT is working on front rail pieces, may have two types. One for QD sling mounting and the other "bridge" for NV, etc. Hope to hear and see soon.

Mark

For those that have used or tested this stock are there any concerns with the length of forend? I would like to get the stock however I am not sure how the rifle would balance and shoot with longer barrels. 26-28. is there an upside to the shorter forend then the traditional length? (beside weight savings)

Has anyone experienced more/less vertical with the shorter forend?

Thank you
Trevor

Trevor the LSS is going to be front heavy with 26 or 28 inch barrel. you will have to order an additional fixed stock adapter to mount a heavy stock type PRS stock. I would recommend going the extra mile with a TAC21 for the barrel length over 20 inch. LSS is a compact LIGHT SNIPER SYSTEM I do have one left.

Ancel

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk 2

Mark, or someone with a LSS on hand, could you measure from the recoil lug to the end of the forend?

Ancel, I would have pre-ordered one of these, if the forend looked like it was going to be long enough. Unfortunately, I feel no draw towards the tac21.

Anyone have any news if this will show up in a Savage LA? Everything I have found says no, but that info was slightly dated.

Are the LSS in stock and ready to order for the Savage rifles? Also are the threaded holes in the forend beefy enough to hold some kind of tube like the XLR runs? I am considering making some kind of longer forend if I order one. Just wanna be sure the threaded holes can handle it. Thanks

Ben

I received my MDT LSS stock for my Savage and had to put it together even though all the parts haven't arrived. Here it is....

The barrel is currently 25 inches and it is very front heavy. The inside edge of the tape is at 18.5" and that is where I plan on getting it cut. I live in Canada so that is the shortest I can cut a barrel down to. If I want shorter it has to be manufactured shorter. I would like to get a 16" barrel am not in a rush.

The folding stock adapter is from US Machinegun. I am waiting for a Magpul MOE stock to arrive.

Hopefully I will get some free time in the near future and actually get to a range. I have a Vortex 1-4X on right now.

I would highly discourage the MDT LSS + Magpul PRS combo, the eye relief is way too far for higher magnification scopes. The chassis design extends your buffer tube attachment away from the action. Add the fixed stop adapter and charging handle clearance and your cheek weld sits way back. I'll update with a full review and measurements. I plan to try using the xlr buttstock to try and make up the distance, but I'm kind of disappointed in the overall design.

Link for full review and measurements http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...some-mdt-lss-chassis-pics-before-i-order.html

Last edited:
I would highly discourage the MDT LSS + Magpul PRS combo, the eye relief is way too far for higher magnification scopes. The chassis design extends your buffer tube attachment away from the action. Add the fixed stop adapter and charging handle clearance and your cheek weld sits way back. I'll update with a full review and measurements. I plan to try using the xlr buttstock to try and make up the distance, but I'm kind of disappointed in the overall design.

Ill second this...loved the idea and design of this stock but the ergos of the butt stock were not good at all...even @ 6'5" i had to move my scope and mounts as far to the rear as possible and with my swfa 3-15x on 15x i had to still stretch a bit to get a good sight picture which made it difficult to not muscle the rifle while shooting since i couldnt relax...i loved it while hunting on the lower powers tho and it was a great shooting offhand/positional...i ground the fixed stock adapter threads down shorter so i could screw it in farther and machined the castle nut down to about 1/4" thick and used it kind of as a lock nut and it reduced the LOP quite a bit...without that mod, my optic was almost unusable on full power unless i used a offset mount in reverse