• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mega Monolithic billet upper rifle length

Re: Mega Monolithic billet upper rifle length

I built off of one of these uppers recently. Quality is great and it went together without any issues. I haven't actually shot it yet, my scope funds keep getting diverted into other projects....

I don't know the weight, but it doesn't seem any heavier than a rifle length railed hand guard and upper.

I wouldn't hesitate to build off of another one at this point. Time will tell once I finally put it to use.

If I can figure out how to post pics I will put some up.

Mega mono uppers are not super heavy and feel really nice. I'm doing a SBR piston build on one here in the next week

I have the MTS Tubular on a build I have with Pete Lincoln.

Quality and finish look great. Felt pretty light to me (I didn't weigh it)

Really looking forward to see how it goes together when Pete gets round to the build.

Only problem is it seems impossible to get the matching GTR-3H lower in Europe!!

Looked at these too:

MTS-400 Rifle 26.6oz (quad)
MTS-420 Rifle 23.6 oz (modular)

Mega Billet Upper 9.4 oz
DD Rifle Lite Rail 13.3 oz

I just got one of their billet uppers with the side charge slot cut out. I put it on top of my RRA lower...made the lower look like a toy. These things are beefy. The detail on the machining is very impressive.

I would not hesitate to try this mono upper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put it on top of my RRA lower...made the lower look like a toy.</div></div>

I was thinking it would do that. I planned on getting the matching upper and lower to help aesthetics.

I've built two piston rifles with the MTS rifle length uppers (.223) and two with Spikes & DD Lite Rifle (6.5 Grendel) JD Machine & DD Lite Rifle (.308).

The thing I like about the MTS is there is no worry about the rail alignment, it's one piece. On the DD I used a removable handle to ensure the handguard and receiver were aligned properly when tightening it.

Both are solid but the DD could be knocked out of alignment under rough handling where that cannot happen with the MTS. If your configuration allows go with the monolithic.