• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

MEMORIAL DAY

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
THANK YOU!!.jpeg

o7 (emoticon for a salute.)

I saw another meme that showed a coffin with the US flag on it. "Remember, this is why you have a three day weekend."

That being said, my wife requested and I have no problems flying the flag 24/7 (yes, I always have a light on) in honor of her father. He was PFC in the 9th USAF 410 Light Bomber Group 646th Squadron and served in Europe in WWII.

And yes, I smoked a brisket for myself. I did that Friday evening, a little 10 pounder.

I sang along with the patriotic songs the entertainer performed at the skilled nursing facility where my wife lives.

Executive Mansion, Washington, Nov 21, 1864.

To Mrs. Bixby, Boston, Mass.

Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five (5) sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A Lincoln.

========

I pray that we as a nation come to our senses and that no more people of any nation will be sacrificed to the madness of war, greed and corruption.

I got up this morning and turned on the TV to check the storm damage from last night. A long track tornado was on the ground for over an hour and 30+ miles around Hopkins County Kentucky. News showed a picture of a poilce officer in Tell City IN making sure the Memorial Day Crosses remained upright DURING the storms.

Smoke and Prayers to those that have paid for our freedoms and their familes.

And please, I beg forgiveness for dropping a letter. I should have written USAAF and failed. No disrespect intended.

My FIL, of german descent, spoke and understood German. He worked in the mess hall and was also caretaker of german POWs, mostly young guys. He gave them work details around camp. One of them made him a pottery ashtray that kept throughout his life.

Funny thing, even though of German descent and raised in Texas, Charley talked with a cajun sound and loved visiting his son and son's family near Baton Rouge.

Reactions: Ichi
I had read that Memorial Day was originally called Decorations Day to commemorate the fallen in combat on both sides of the Civil War (the first one.) Later, we have adopted it to remember all of the lost soldiers in all wars, including those on foreign shores.

I have two regrets. I never was able to have children. Before that, I was never able to serve our country. I had asthma as a child and late teenager, making me medically disqualified from serving. But I kept up my selective service information until the required age of 26. Just in case they needed me.

Before knowing the full facts of 9/11, I was anxious to fight but I was too old for enlistment. Just hand me a rifle and let me know which cave bin Laden was in and I would take care of the rest.

That being said and knowing the legerdemain that went on, I understand the reason for being there and I also appreciate the service of all those who went to the Sand Box. Just like I appreciated my friend, Lee, who went to the Big Asian Vacation.

So, today, even though my family and friends made it back home, I still mourn and salute and give respect to those who died in the service of our great nation.

God bless the USA.

I sincerely invite those who think otherwise to go and heartily fuck themselves, without KY.

I had read that Memorial Day was originally called Decorations Day to commemorate the fallen in combat on both sides of the Civil War (the first one.) Later, we have adopted it to remember all of the lost soldiers in all wars, including those on foreign shores.

I have two regrets. I never was able to have children. Before that, I was never able to serve our country. I had asthma as a child and late teenager, making me medically disqualified from serving. But I kept up my selective service information until the required age of 26. Just in case they needed me.

Before knowing the full facts of 9/11, I was anxious to fight but I was too old for enlistment. Just hand me a rifle and let me know which cave bin Laden was in and I would take care of the rest.

That being said and knowing the legerdemain that went on, I understand the reason for being there and I also appreciate the service of all those who went to the Sand Box. Just like I appreciated my friend, Lee, who went to the Big Asian Vacation.

So, today, even though my family and friends made it back home, I still mourn and salute and give respect to those who died in the service of our great nation.

God bless the USA.

I sincerely invite those who think otherwise to go and heartily fuck themselves, without KY.
My same 2 regrets... for different reasons. was registered for the draft late 70s.

Reactions: Ronws