• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MG34/MG42/MG3 vs PKM

Thats the one! Thanks a bunch sir! IIRC the operator aint necessarily expose themselves to enemy fire when using it, correct?

Here is a pic of mine when I had it. Had the Lafette tripod with it as well as the optics. Still have the spare barrel carrier and some other misc. spare parts as well as belts of ammo and cans.

I had to go dig the pics out. It was killing me. Like I said that's one gun I miss. I'll get another one!

Mine was made by the maker "DOT" and was made in 1942.

Later, Frank

Attachments

• MG34.jpg
    MG34.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
It’s called a lafette tripod. They are really hard to find, and when do you... they are crazy expensive.
The Post-war lafettes are still remarkably inexpensive, though prices for all tripods have gone crazy. Everyone wants them for dummy guns.

I spent a ton of time repairing a 1917 pint le and tripod that had been torch cut... 10 years or so ago. I thought I was nuts. Turned out to be the best time I ever spent.

Sirhr

Reactions: Frank Green
I am no expert on GPMG's but I’ve had the opportunity to own a M60 E6 for a few years and I believe the E6 is a rock solid design which really solved the common problems that the E4 experienced. Granted there will always failures due to abuse and wear that any GPMG will be limited by.
The SAW is a great tool if it's maintained properly and I feel that the mission would dictate which LMG/GPMG would get the nod as they both have pros/cons.
For static deployments I can see the value in a cumbersome T&E setups but blending my experience with Precision rifles and light weight CF Tripods that I have evolved over into deploying GPMG and Tripods with very surprising effects.
With some of the light weight Carbon Fiber Tripods being introduced today I would be curious if Mil. has ever done any R&D on a similar setup?
CCDFE3E2-9076-43F3-BF55-7D4A283D17AE.jpeg
ED0AD23C-CCFA-4C31-B76C-881DC40227E7.jpeg
my

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Green
I am no expert on GPMG's but I’ve had the opportunity to own a M60 E6 for a few years and I believe the E6 is a rock solid design which really solved the common problems that the E4 experienced. Granted there will always failures due to abuse and wear that any GPMG will be limited by.
The SAW is a great tool if it's maintained properly and I feel that the mission would dictate which LMG/GPMG would get the nod as they both have pros/cons.
For static deployments I can see the value in a cumbersome T&E setups but blending my experience with Precision rifles and light weight CF Tripods that I have evolved over into deploying GPMG and Tripods with very surprising effects.
With some of the light weight Carbon Fiber Tripods being introduced today I would be curious if Mil. has ever done any R&D on a similar setup?
View attachment 7245195View attachment 7245196 my
The perfect whitetail blind...and killing tool. ;) ;) ...?:rolleyes::cool:

View attachment 7245195View attachment 7245196 my

But, but, but.......what punishment value is imparted by making the errant Lance Corporal hump the carbon fiber tripod?

Are you trying to destroy discipline in the military?