• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MI Upcoming Shoots

Re: MI Upcoming Shoots

I'm in Traverse City. I also have enough private land to shoot 1000 yards, been doing it for a few years.

Recently purchased a 4'x8' sheet of AR500 so I've been busy cutting targets.

I'd be happy to host a get together. It would probably be good if there were 5 or less people.

Right now I have single targets up at 420, 545, 700 & 1008 and more than likely I'm going to double up and have two at each distance. We could probably stretch 1300 but I'll have to talk with the neighbor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sno-man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im tired of this shit i can never get around to going down there let alone buying the reloading shit i need to with all the fucking hours i have been working... so i have no reason because i have no ammo for my POS's... i hate this hobby </div></div>

Hell, you could of looked at Midway for 5minutes and you would of had some of the .223ai dies when I placed my order the other day when I gave you a ring. Tisk Tisk...

Magman, whereabouts in TC are you at? I get up there one or two times a month and if our schedules mesh i'd love to take you up on the offer of the get together.

-Nick

Just south of TC, Kingsley to be specific. Not to far from the intersection of M113 and M37.

I have 100 & 200 yard benches. The long range shooting is all prone from the top of a grass knoll (short hike).

The email in my profile is current and probably the best way to get in contact.

Darren

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MagMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in Traverse City. I also have enough private land to shoot 1000 yards, been doing it for a few years.

I'd be happy to host a get together. It would probably be good if there were 5 or less people.

Right now I have single targets up at 420, 545, 700 & 1008 and more than likely I'm going to double up and have two at each distance. We could probably stretch 1300 but I'll have to talk with the neighbor.
</div></div>

I am in for this 100%. PM me with date and time!! I will bring BBQ gear and a grill!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MagMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in Traverse City. I also have enough private land to shoot 1000 yards, been doing it for a few years.

</div></div>

I am in for this 100%. PM me with date and time!! I will bring BBQ gear and a grill!

</div></div>Hmmmmm........BBQ you say, eh?

I'll get some dates together and we'll see if they work for everyone else. I'm pretty open but have a couple of things the wife has scheduled.

Darren

i know but i was stuck doing shit i did not want to do and i was not around a puter...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MagMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll get some dates together and we'll see if they work for everyone else. I'm pretty open but have a couple of things the wife has scheduled.

Darren </div></div>

MagMan,

I'm in on this too! Keep me posted on dates. I'd be happy to bring whatever we need, including red meat for that grill . . .

On a side note, has anyone talked to Kampfeld Custom lately? My last e-mail has gone unanswered which is not like him.

I know he's busy, but I also know the folks who died in that small plane crash last week in Colorado had the last name Feldkamp. I'm really hoping there is no connection . . .

These are the dates I have open.

April 5, 6,11,25 & 26
May 2 & 3
June 6, 7, 13, 14, 27 & 28
July 4, 5, 18, 19, 25 & 26

I'll take some pictures in the next few days so you can see what it looks like.

Darren

I am hoping for a shoot up there in May or June,....

I am in sad shape until I get my rifle from Pierce. I desomated my rifle selection to get this custom. Limited to .243 and .223, both will only shoot the light wieghts.

I know of a excellent camp site up there, right near Darrens place, you could litterally fish on the Boardman River for Brookies from your campsite. I was thinking about making it a weekend, if We shoot Saturday, I would fun up on a Friday morning, fish / shoot the shit Friday, shoot the metal Saturday, fish a little more Sunday......May/June is better camping weather up there anyways, and prime Brook Trout season...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpiritZeroThree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in for the 11th of April, what all do i need to bring?
-Nick</div></div>

Shouldn't need anything other than your rifle, ammo and possibly a mat if you want to stay out of the dirt.

Are you making a special trip up or are you going to be here anyway?

Darren

Darren,
I'll be up there anyway that weekend. Get off duty 8ish that morning so i should be up there sometime around noon. But hasgunwilltravel brought up a good point regarding weather (and easter weekend, d'oh!), i can always hold off for a few weeks if we want to get a couple more guys to shoot. And just maybe my hornady neck die will come off backorder and i can get some more .308 loaded...

-Nick

If your coming up anyway you might as well bring a rifle and ammo. If the weather looks good Friday night we could do some shooing then or Saturday for a couple of hours. I'll shoot anytime.

I hear ya on the die. I've been waiting for one from Forester since November. I received it two weeks ago and it has the wrong neck diameter (to big) so I had to send it back.

Prolly will be May when I get around to go down their.

Waiting for my smith to put the Ol'lady's .223ai so she'll be able to hang with the guys and be cool with her rifle...

Yesterday was great high winds and sunny perfect training weather. Learned some new stuff yesterday and finally rung out my 243. No pics but I have witnesses. LOL

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yesterday was great high winds and sunny perfect training weather.</div></div>

Not sure about down south but the winds up here were definitely humbling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MagMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yesterday was great high winds and sunny perfect training weather.</div></div>

Not sure about down south but the winds up here were definitely humbling. </div></div>

And you have witnesses

Thanks again Darren, learned alot on my first trip out to 1k

Hey guys,
I'm new around here. I live just north of Grand Rapids, but have hunting property up near Cadillac. I'm working on getting some steel poppers. The longest shots I can take there are about ~450 yards. We have a cabin with running water and a grill.

I'll be in town until about the first week of August when I return to the sandbox yet again.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome Dave. Thanks for your service to our Country! </div></div>

Thank you, I joined the Dark Side and am now one of those dirty nasty Contractors
wink.gif

Is it time for the annual shoot at Youngs? Maybee a small match?

Rich

We'll be there this Saturday. I went down yesterday to test some loads in the g/f's .223ai and for the 6.5-284.

Seen you were there on the 30th.

Be there bright and early on Saturday.....bring your zombie rifles!!!

300 SAUM, it is running. Mike and Mike checked it out couple Sat's ago. Seems to work well, I am pretty happy, still testing the load I am using for now. 23 MOA to 1000 @ 3215. See you Sat.

Later, Brad

Anybody shooting Washtenaw this weekend? Ill be there 2-600 prone match.

Rich

Well I will have to get out with you guys someday soon. That is as soon as I have a piece of glass on my 5r.

Youngs next weekend for me.

Rich

I should be able to get down next weekend, if I can sell about 10-15 of my COMP kits to pay for my new rifle. Been eating dirt, no salt, trying to save cash lately.

I'll be down next weekend along with Sara and I believe Brad Arnett.

HGWT, what's the status on that build?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be down next weekend along with Sara and I believe Brad Arnett.

HGWT, what's the status on that build?</div></div>

John was ceracoating and chambering last I talked to them. I expect it to be done this week, maybe next. I still need dies, but can use my 6.5x55 dies until I need to full length sixe, but got my brass, 123 Scecnars are on the way, should be good to go when I get it.

Friday? Ill be there.

Rich

I will be at South Kent on Thursday. Holland PD will be training there that day on the south range. LE snipers who want to bring their rifle, chrono it, gather dope, practice 300m cold-bores, shoot dots at 200 under time constraints, and work with hold-unders/hold-overs on the other range, are welcome.

Thanks to Wyoming, MI, PD snipers for exchanging ideas and for sharing the range at South Kent today.

Are you going to be able to shoot with us common folk tomorrow at youngs???...(grin)

Superseal and I are going to slay some gils with the flyrods for a few hours in the AM, then we'll be down there 'til dark.

Brad, love to, but I gotta work the holiday weekend.

... and I AM common folk, I just think I'm more important than other people think I am.
laugh.gif