• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MI Upcoming Shoots

Re: MI Upcoming Shoots

Just got done reloading. See you bright and early Brad. We should be able to get some nice gills in the AM.

Graham, that sucks about working the Holiday weekend. Whens the next time you're planning on shooting down there?

Suppose I'm off. 6am comes quickly as Brad should be at my house around 630am.

Just was messing with you Graham, hopefully we'll catch you down there next time.

I'll be there by 6:30 Mike, sharpen the fillet knives!!!!

You bitches missed out on saturday's shootin'. maybe your wives will let you come out and play with boys on some other weekend. (grin)

My rifle will be done very soon. Pierce is 4 min. away from Verizon, where I will change my number on the way to the range, so the wife can not call to direct me home. I will stay until ammo is gone.

Pierce....Verizon....LOL. Being single sometimes does have its advantages. (grin)

I'm looking forward to seeing that new rifle you're building, it sure sounds like it'll be a good one.....I bet that you are ready to get it back too. What are you going to put on that one for glass?

I'm starting to get the 7wsm bug myself....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brad Arnett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm starting to get the 7wsm bug myself....</div></div> Me too. Let me know when it happens.

I liked Jacob's: and his dialing less than 7 Mils to 1000.

I could use a Rock AMU contour 1 in 9, maybe have it done by Harold in WI, in a custom spec'd A3/5 (and then I'd end up selling it because I'd never get to use it east of Kansas or north of Texas).

To be honest, I'm thinking of going cheap on the first go around just to try it out. The Winchester 7wsm coyotes can be had for 550$ and from the guys I talked too, they say it's throated well enough to get a 162Amax in the lands and still feed from the mag-box. I'm thinking that it would be a cheap way to get some hands on with the cartridge. I could always restock/rebarrel if I really like it. I've got spare glass laying around so it really wouldn't be expensive to try it out.....I'm tempted. I just don't want to go full out custom on the first one, because it really just might be more rifle than I need....and maybe I'm not the only one, I've seen quite a few 7wsm's for sale. (grin)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brad Arnett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What are you going to put on that one for glass?
</div></div>

With the all the extra cash left over from this build, I am thinking somthing like this:

LP2%20a11.jpg

No, seriously, all I have laying around right now is a VXII that I had M1 turrets put on. I might might take my Weaver Tactical FFP of the .243 and stick it on there, what ever the case, one of my rifles is going to wear a shit scope for a while. Until that government contract for the COMP kits come through
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whens the next time you're planning on shooting down there?</div></div>Anyone for next Wednesday the 10th or Thursday the 11th at Young's? I could do either.
Nick, got that Pierce set up yet? Want to stretch its legs?

Graham, I just picked it up Thurday, shot a couple rounds to do a half ass break in, and put a couple more through it on Friday. Its scarry accurate. Its a work of art.

I just ordered a NSX 3.5x15 mil/mil for it too...
grin.gif

I am all in. Hope to be going to Reade Range with Rich in August. Should be humbling.

Anytime you want to show me how to use this mil/mil, I will try to get out to Kent with you...Rich is going to show me some too, but the more the better.

I need to get my dies yet, I seated all rounds so far with my 6.5x55 Swede dies, so when I need to resize, I am screwed, and will not have my dies by Wednesday or Thursday..

I am going Sunday, I can not find a sitter for the kidsfor saturday.

I need to work out that RE-15 load to 1000 yards.

Anyone else going to be up for it?

I could do Monday instead of Saturday, but Sunday's out.

OK. Something came up: I won't be there Saturday either.

South Kent tomorrow: dot drills at 100m; then hold-overs and hold-unders to 500 meters.

Nice. It's perfect for positional stuff, and as accurate as I need for long range. If I hadn't shot my chrono I could be more precise.
frown.gif

I think I'll take it to Storm Mountain and beat it up a bit, then I'll let you know, or maybe post a report.

I thought the short barrels were a nice idea, but I always thought that velocity loss was too significant. Well, after handling your rifle, my thoughts and opinions quickly changed. I have next years rifle all lined up, except for that nasty .308 round
sick.gif
I might do a 20" 7mm-08
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...except for that nasty .308 round
sick.gif
I might do a 20" 7mm-08
cool.gif
</div></div>I see that you like reloading more than I ever will.

Im new to the forums and a new member at south kent, Hope to meet some of you out there sometime. Pretty sure me and a buddy will be out at the south range testing reloads saturday morning

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...except for that nasty .308 round
sick.gif
I might do a 20" 7mm-08
cool.gif
</div></div>I see that you like reloading more than I ever will. </div></div>

LOL! I have been called a glutten and an idiot.....today even
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Holland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im new to the forums and a new member at south kent, Hope to meet some of you out there sometime. Pretty sure me and a buddy will be out at the south range testing reloads saturday morning</div></div>

Welcome aboard. There are a lot of good guys one here, you will meet some great guys, with alot of good knowledge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam boynton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with my setup it is a piece of cake </div></div>I'll just reload at your place, then.
laugh.gif

Anyone from Michigan shooting ASC?

Rich

I asked about the last match, and talked to them, but didn't get in.
I have a PM in asking about the next one.
I figure that if I keep bugging them they will have to let me in eventually.
laugh.gif

Or, maybe I just need to know someone with pull with that crowd?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam boynton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick, you need a 7mm08 AI, that is a sweet little round, RG-you dont like to reload, you need to get some better equipment, with my setup it is a piece of cake</div></div>

I think that will be the round that I do. I have no clue about the differeaces between the Ackley vs. standard...I will have to look up some data.

But I am going to need an action, now I have some more descisions. i really like the look of Rich's Badgers, I might go that route.

HANDYMAN FOR HIRE

Rake
Shovel
dig ditches
shingles
drywalls
Tile
Fixtures
etc.

grin.gif

Where do you guys shoot at....

I have a few rifles but the longest range I can shoot at is 200yards. Its fine for my m1a nm and my 1903a3 but kinda short for my windrunner.

Aaron

You let me shoot that Windrunner and Ill give you the hookup. LOL

Rich

HGWT if you find any side jobs to far on the other side of Lansing let me know LOL I need the money for an optic on the 5r. Then again if I could find a real job that would help too but there has only been 2-4 postings in the last 3-4 months.

Stiggy and I may be going to South Kent on Thursday, during the day.

I wont be down untill September for a little ASC trainup.

Rich

Anybody going to youngs in the near future???

Rich

Need too ring out the new build again, burn up some older dtacs and try some new loads in another rifle...

Any of you guys running a NF on top of your rifle? I just bought my fiance a DPMS SASS Mini and she is wanting a Leupy 8-25 and I know I can get my hands on a NF for around the same price but I want her to look through one as it is "her" rifle.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">I'll be @ Young's on Sunday.</span> My plans have changed. Won't be heading down till next Saturday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kmclean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eric,I have used both.+1 on the NF,for what it's worth.Have one on an SPR and it's NOT coming off. </div></div>

Damn buddy...didn't even know if you were still alive!!! PM me your contact info and we'll get down to Young's and do some shooting.

I think we'll be killing ducks this weekend. But if we don't do that I'd be up for some shooting. Started playing with R-17 w/those 105's in my heavy 243AI and I'm seeing some pretty serious speeds that I couldn't begin to touch while running R-22. I wouldn't have believed them had I not shot them through the chrony myself...3250+

Probably be there after duck hunting in a.m. ......last sunday was the busiest I've seen so far over there!

R-17 is good stuff! Has been outstanding for my 243 w/Dtacs! Almost exactly identical results compared to H4350(which works great), just leave alot less carbon in my barrel. However, as far as hunting with the pretty much closed points on the newer Dtacs, I'm gonna switch over to 105 berg vld's and run data on that load to see how they do in this rifle. Should be over there after lunch sometime if we aren't covered up in ducks (yeah right!).
If I have time to get a new scope ready, I gotta finish up out to 1k with the 17rem.

New Guy from mi checking in, would live to shoot with you guys some time. Let me know if you want to shoot.

Jburt good to have you here. Need to get a little warmer I think. Even though once your having fun shooting you sort of forget about the cold. Where do you usually do your shooting?