• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Mil Vs MOA

calebintn

Sergeant
Minuteman
hey guys just about to buy a falcon menace ffp 4-14 scope and I'm not sure which to buy Mil scope or the MOA version.
I am new to long range shooting and will be mounting this scope to a 6.5x55 swede M38 mauser. I kinda know a little about moa and mils both but have no preferance. Any advice would help.

Re: Mil Vs MOA

Definately mil/mil especially if you ever intend to take a long range class (or use a good number of the ranging tools out there (not that you cant range in MOA)).

Go Mil/Mil and never look back.

I started out MOA/MOA and I wish that I had went Mil/Mil from the get go

How are you mounting that? I've got an M38 and off the top of my head cann't even think of how you'ld mount glass. And then I'm wondering how the bolt handle would do. I konw alot of WWII Era bolt guns have been sporterized with their bolts rewelded to accomodate glass. Curious to see your set up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper1*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IPHY easiest math for my brain!

Grabbing the edge of my seat now! </div></div>

You just had to do it, dincha?

I was planning to get the same scope for my first scope and was wondering witch to get

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper1*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IPHY easiest math for my brain!

Grabbing the edge of my seat now! </div></div>

You just had to do it, dincha? </div></div>

Yeah! It has been pleasantly mild though! Too much other BS to worry about on here I guess!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mil/Mil

If you want to know why do some more browsing. I am pretty sure we covered this at length last week. </div></div>

And the week before that, and the week before that, and the week before that......

Really, the google SH search engine should be a required addition to any member's browser-only way to search all the cool three letter words and acronyms we all use.