• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Minox Zp5 5-25x56

Thanks Mike. Wasn't sure if people would think it was ridiculous, comparing turrets in this way, but I figured why not.

I haven't watched the video yet but that turret sure looks like a TT.

I'm an idiot, should have watched the video first. Thought it was only of a Minox and they changed the style.

Last edited:
Dave, your Minox is way better than the one I had, not even close.. Thanks for the awesome video..

Great video Dave!

I second that, great to hear and see the differences between the scopes you have Dave, nothing to whinge about with any of them, although the Vortex sounds less "clicky" than the others. Your Minox sounds incredibly tactile. How does it stack up next to the TT for ease of use, overall enjoyment etc?

Honestly, they're all very good. They are all tactile. I never question where I am with any of them.

In my "opinion", the TT has the best overall turrets. It's hard to explain in words but they're just different. They feel more mechanical or something. Every click is very precise. You know how when two pieces are perfectly sized to each other and fit perfectly? Like a master put it together and thought of everything from the way the materials would feel as they slide together, to the type of material used, to the spacing involved, to the shape. I'm not explaining this well but the turrets are nice. They feel more "robust and precise" i guess? There is absolutely no play once you're in a click. They manage to do all this with 15mils per rev which is impressive.

The second favorite for me are the Minox turrets. They are extremely tactile. Very different sound and feel from the TT. They're sharp, and feel a bit hollow? There is a tiny bit of play in between clicks but not enough to cause any problems at all. Very enjoyable turrets. This one also has 15mils per rev. There is still some tension going into the 2nd rev, but nothing that is bothersome to me.

Third favorite are on the NF 7-35. Very tactile without being as "sharp" as the Minox. Not as firm as the Minox though. No play between clicks.

The Razor Gen 2 and NF 4-16 are a wash to me. The Razor is slightly less tactile than the first three i mentioned above, but they're very good. There is a tiny little bit of play like the Minox but again, nothing that would bother anyone I think. At 10 mils per rev, they are better spaced for sure. They're closer to an S&B DT turret in terms of feel.

Overall, they're all really nice, just different. You seriously have to be anal to dislike any of these turrets. :)

Last edited:
Are there any videos out there through the scope? I'm seriously considering one of these.

@HKDave

So which is your favorite scope overall?

Would be hard pressed to choose. :) Thank God I don't have to... yet.

They each have their pros and cons. One of these days I'll do a write up.

Are there any videos out there through the scope? I'm seriously considering one of these.

Videos of through the scope would likely be meaningless except to perhaps show any tunneling or FOV. Video cameras or even photographic cameras do a terrible job of showing you the image quality of a scope.

If you're wondering about the Minox ZP5 and as to whether it's optically good, I can tell you this, you're gonna have a hard time finding better. The image quality is stunning... like draw dropping stunning.

Would be hard pressed to choose. :) Thank God I don't have to... yet.

They each have their pros and cons. One of these days I'll do a write up.

Lol...couldnt help but ask as a guy who could only afford 1, thanks for the videos!

Lol...couldnt help but ask as a guy who could only afford 1, thanks for the videos!

Hmm if I could only have one, and provided they all track and have great glass, I'd pick the one with my favorite reticle. I think Minox and Vortex have got the reticle thing down. The Gen2XR and Mil-R are plenty serviceable, but I prefer what Minox and Vortex have been producing.

HKDave has way too much disposable income...damn

I've been collecting for a longgg time... and most of my underwear have holes in them and ramen is my favorite food. :p

Reactions: BA226
Hmm if I could only have one, and provided they all track and have great glass, I'd pick the one with my favorite reticle. I think Minox and Vortex have got the reticle thing down. The Gen2XR and Mil-R are plenty serviceable, but I prefer what Minox and Vortex have been producing.

I've been collecting for a longgg time... and most of my underwear have holes in them and ramen is my favorite food. :p

I've been looking at the minox for a while, looks pretty good to me.

Nice comparison, Dave. Your Minox is night and day different from the one I tried in-store.

I'm interested in hearing where you hit infinity on your parallax at. From my conversation with cstactical today I came away understanding there was a change on where they set some lenses. Seems most of us with prior scopes where hitting infinity at around 600.

Had to spend some time at the range before answering. I’m not quite to infinity at 600y but close.

Had to spend some time at the range before answering. I’m not quite to infinity at 600y but close.

Thank you sir. I've spent some time talking to CS tactical and ended up buying a ATACR in MILC to replace an AMG and am waiting on more MR4s to come in stock. Looking to compare the new ones with the one I already have to see if they gave some more adjustment on the high end for parallax.

Thank you sir. I've spent some time talking to CS tactical and ended up buying a ATACR in MILC to replace an AMG and am waiting on more MR4s to come in stock. Looking to compare the new ones with the one I already have to see if they gave some more adjustment on the high end for parallax.

I know Dave is gonna give me some hard love over this but, I just snagged another Minox MR4 from the PX yesterday. I just felt like I had to try another one cause I loved the reticle so damn much.. I love the MR4 reticle... Got a great deal on it too, just hope everything is peachy with it...

I know Dave is gonna give me some hard love over this but, I just snagged another Minox MR4 from the PX yesterday. I just felt like I had to try another one cause I loved the reticle so damn much.. I love the MR4 reticle... Got a great deal on it too, just hope everything is peachy with it...

I think the reticle is great. I love the whole scope really, I almost never get into the second rev here on the east coast so that's not an issue to me at all. The MILC in my hands is like a MR4 with no tree under it. It's sweet. I'm going to end up with two of either one of these scopes, not sure which yet.

I think the reticle is great. I love the whole scope really, I almost never get into the second rev here on the east coast so that's not an issue to me at all. The MILC in my hands is like a MR4 with no tree under it. It's sweet. I'm going to end up with two of either one of these scopes, not sure which yet.

How does the ATACR glass stack up to the Minox? Also, are the center dots about the same size in both?

How does the ATACR glass stack up to the Minox? Also, are the center dots about the same size in both?

Have to let you know tomorrow. Was dark already when I got it mounted up. They are on two different rifles at the moment so hopefully I can do a side by side in the next day or two. They appear on par with each other so far, sunset will tell for sure. Size wise they "look" similar.

Just so happens I spent this morning at the range comparing my TT, Minox and NF 7-35 side by side. Conditions were sunny and low humidity. Around 75-80 degrees.

I want to spend more time behind them in different weather conditions before I delve into some kind of comparison post.

Simply put, the NF can go toe to toe with the other two for the most part. :)

Only got to shoot them out to 600 yards today so they track great to 3 mils. :p

Planning on doing some tall target testing eventually when time allows.

Just a novice here, but I would like to add that the MR4 Reticle is amazingly clear and spot on. The bump at the second rev is hardly noticeable

Any updates on owner's of this scope ? Still Happy with the performance and has there been any inssues worth talking about?

Would you buy it again if you could do it over ?

Thanks...

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Any updates on owner's of this scope ? Still Happy with the performance and has there been any inssues worth talking about?

Thanks...

My 3-15x took a beating this year and still works like a charm. I haven't had much time with my 5-25 Zp5 but so far so good. As for buying more, I would if they added locking turrets or a capped windage as that's my only gripe but for now I'll wait.

Reactions: CSTactical
For those saying that the ZP5 is their most fav scope that they have every ran...have you checked out a Tangent Theta? Wondering how they compare...

For those saying that the ZP5 is their most fav scope that they have every ran...have you checked out a Tangent Theta? Wondering how they compare...

I will admit I haven't. I haven't even seen one on any firing line I've been to. I'd really love to get a look through one, but I have two reasons for not jumping into one:

1. First and foremost, is the cost, or more appropriately said, the benefit for the cost. I don't mind spending money on my scopes or rifles. I have or have owned Steiners, Schmidts, Vortex, and obviously the Minox, and I've spent time behind NF, Kahles, and quite a few others. But if I'm going to pay a $1000+ premium over what I spent on the Minox to get into justa Tangent Theta, it needs to provide me with something the others can't or do something better, and from what someone else who did compare the Minox with the TT said on here, "Save the money and go with the Minox."

2. Reticle choice. This really ties in with what I said about I need it to do something the others cant. TT's current reticle choice is Gen2XR or whatever they offer in MOA. Well, I don't use MOA and the Schmidt sitting on my DTA SRS has the Gen2XR reticle, so what does TT offer me that the Schmidt or Minox don't? Frankly, the MR4 reticle is perfect for me, although I like the Gen3XR reticle Tangent Theta will be offering soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: LakuNoc
I will admit I haven't. I haven't even seen one on any firing line I've been to. I'd really love to get a look through one, but I have two reasons for not jumping into one:

1. First and foremost, is the cost, or more appropriately said, the benefit for the cost. I don't mind spending money on my scopes or rifles. I have or have owned Steiners, Schmidts, Vortex, and obviously the Minox, and I've spent time behind NF, Kahles, and quite a few others. But if I'm going to pay a $1000+ premium over what I spent on the Minox to get into justa Tangent Theta, it needs to provide me with something the others can't or do something better, and from what someone else who did compare the Minox with the TT said on here, "Save the money and go with the Minox."

2. Reticle choice. This really ties in with what I said about I need it to do something the others cant. TT's current reticle choice is Gen2XR or whatever they offer in MOA. Well, I don't use MOA and the Schmidt sitting on my DTA SRS has the Gen2XR reticle, so what does TT offer me that the Schmidt or Minox don't? Frankly, the MR4 reticle is perfect for me, although I like the Gen3XR reticle Tangent Theta will be offering soon.

Minox is scope for how much it costs and what you get, can't beat it.

The Minox is an excellent scope, I’ve used Schmidt & Benders, Premiers, and NF’s at PRS/NRL matches and prefer the Minox over all of them. The MR4 reticle works really well for match conditions and the turrets are super positive.

Thanks...

I have been running mine for the last month or so in practice and a PRS match this past weekend, and I can honestly say it is the best scope I have ever owned and the glass quality is on par (if not above) the S&B's, Vortex's, Khales' and most other premium scopes. There have been a handful of times now that I have been able to pick up details that others can't with some of the scopes listed above. If anyone is on the fence about them, I'd say give it a shot and you won't regret it!

I have had mine for over a year now and I have absolutely no regrets. Mine has been used in about 15+ matches, plus additional range days. If I needed another scope, I would be picking up another Minox.

Edit: I think I actually got mine in December 2016, so it's been almost two years worth of matches.

Last edited:

Cool. I have the TT with the Gen2XR and it is the only thing that I don't care for about it. The glass clarity crushes anything else I have looked thru, the fact that is virtually parallax free past 220yds , the tool less zero (With integrated zero stop), the large turrets with very tactile clicks are all reasons that I love it. I have a G3XR TT on order right now and can't wait to get my hands on it. I did buy a S&B PM2 to compare the two...and it doesn't even come close to the TT...it will be for sale as soon as I get the new TT. I am very curious to get behind this Minox to see if I can be just as happy as I am with the TT and still save a few bucks. Either way, I would definitely recommend trying out a TT if you see one at the range... Cheers.

Just got my ZP5. Now trying to register the product on Minox.com and they are asking for the serial number. Where can I find it? Cheers

My ZP5 5-25/MR4 has been through 5 matches plus range time and I absolutely have no regrets either. I had the Razor HD Gen 2 before that and the Minox is SO MUCH better. I also have the TT 3-15M (got a great deal from CS Tactical. Thanks, guys!). The turrets are better on the TT, but the MR4 reticle is better on the Minox. Otherwise, the glass, quality, and other features are pretty much even, except of course the zoom range. Both scopes are truly remarkable!

For $$$ i don't think there is scope that can beat Minox in that price range.

Just got my ZP5. Now trying to register the product on Minox.com and they are asking for the serial number. Where can I find it? Cheers
It's on the under side of the eye piece. You likely have a sticker on the box (sometimes these are wrong from people at a store putting them on display and reboxing when purchased).

Can anyone tell me the bell diameter of the ZP5?

Not to highjack the thread but with all of the Minox scope glass love why are their Spotting scopes not more popular especially with a reticle offering ??

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Not to highjack the thread but with all of the Minox scope glass love why are their Spotting scopes not more popular especially with a reticle offering ??

I have one of those too (MD60ZR) that I have been running for the season and it is very good for the money. We have put them side by side with other offerings in the price range and they have held up and exceeded expectations in some regards.

@Texaslongshot I bought their MR80 and it is amazing. The glass is unbelievable. I was looking at 4in wide sporting clays at 1 mile. The ranging reticle is the best on the market. Don't hesitate to buy there spotter. Right now with their deal, it is by far the best spotter on the market, for the money.

@Texaslongshot I bought their MR80 and it is amazing. The glass is unbelievable. I was looking at 4in wide sporting clays at 1 mile. The ranging reticle is the best on the market. Don't hesitate to buy there spotter. Right now with their deal, it is by far the best spotter on the market, for the money.
I am debating about buying the Mr80 . How does it look compared to say a Hendsolt 60?

I may just buy another mauser and the MR 80 got to see how far I can stretch the budget

I have not looked through a Hendsolt. I can say its much clearer than my Leupold. I was looking at some deer @600 at twilight and could not see them with the naked eye. Looked through the spotter and it looked like it was 2 oclock in the afternoon. It def picks up the light.