• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Minox Zp5 5-25x56

when i contacted Minox about sending mine in for repair, it went to San Antonio, TX...i thought it would be taking a trip around the world also, but was surprised

I remember there was something different Minox announced late last year about service, but that is fantastic if they can actually service it here in the States!

Prefer the aadmount that's all.Tenebrex are fine but not as nice as aadmount imo.

That's fair, I've never had an issue with Tenebraex myself. Would be curious if the objective bell diameter is the same as on the Tangent Theta, but others have also shared the sunshade from the Kahles will work, not sure if that just means the threading aligns or if the actual diameter of the bell is the same. Another thing to note, the Minox glass is about an inch deep behind the face of the bell, so you almost get a built in mini sunshade. Would be curious if anyone makes a "short" sunshade that would work with the Minox.

Just out of curiosity, I will be looking for some caps for another scope, what is it about the aadmount that you like over the Tenebraex?

ICU22250, congrats, take a video of yourself when you first get behind the scope, would love to get your reaction when you see for yourself how good these scopes are.

Like the sturdiness of the aadmount and the caps flipping all the way back open.They also don't budge when on and don't need the screw in adapter.Small shit I know but just prefer them.Ford VS Chevy

That's fair, I've never had an issue with Tenebraex myself. Would be curious if the objective bell diameter is the same as on the Tangent Theta, but others have also shared the sunshade from the Kahles will work, not sure if that just means the threading aligns or if the actual diameter of the bell is the same. Another thing to note, the Minox glass is about an inch deep behind the face of the bell, so you almost get a built in mini sunshade. Would be curious if anyone makes a "short" sunshade that would work with the Minox.

Just out of curiosity, I will be looking for some caps for another scope, what is it about the aadmount that you like over the Tenebraex?

ICU22250, congrats, take a video of yourself when you first get behind the scope, would love to get your reaction when you see for yourself how good these scopes are.

I will no doubt post my initial thoughts after I've had time to pick over it and get behind it... I'm looking forward to it, believe me!

shot 2 more local matches with the new zp5 this past weekend...a little belly steel match on 1.5 and 1 moa diamonds from 400-1k yds on Saturday...went 23/25 for 1st...Sunday shot a field/tactical style match, went 56/75 (75%) to tie for 2nd out of 64 shooters

scope was spot on both days since verifying zero/dope a couple weeks ago, misses were either wind or shooter wobble, knew when i broke em they were off...running magneto speed velocity w/ a slight BC tweak (from manufacturer suggested), dope lines right up

I remember there was something different Minox announced late last year about service, but that is fantastic if they can actually service it here in the States!

well, just to update this...apparently i misunderstood the meaning behind the guy in San Antonio saying "send it in, and we'll take a look at it"...i thought, it meant "we'll look at it here in SA"...

i just called to check on it and what he actually meant was "send it in, and we"ll send it germany to be looked at"...said 90-120 days turn around...

Ouch. Good reason to have a backup scope at all times.

Ouch is right! The only scope I've ever had to send in for service is a Vortex and they turned it around in less than a week, fantastic CS. I believe Kahles is the same way, it has to be shipped to Austria for repairs. Does Schmidt & Bender have a stateside repair center or do they also ship back to Germany?

I understood S&B's USA facility can handle some work, but if it's beyond the scope of their capabilities then t goes back to Germany.

Ouch is right! The only scope I've ever had to send in for service is a Vortex and they turned it around in less than a week, fantastic CS. I believe Kahles is the same way, it has to be shipped to Austria for repairs. Does Schmidt & Bender have a stateside repair center or do they also ship back to Germany?

yup, Kahles goes back across the waters...i know of about 5 or 6 that went in the last year

This underscores why I'll always have a Vortex in the retinue, though I sold my Razor 2.

Dang! That's rough, I'm glad that vortex does all their work here stateside. As well, I think NF is the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, the Kahles sunshade seems to be pretty difficult to find right now. Juan (Mil/LE rep) at Mile High Shooting hooked me up with the S&B sunshade (971-45650) and it fits great.

I have two different ranges I shoot at, both on a 180 heading and the sun seems to drill right down the center of the tube no matter the time of year. Hope this will work well enough w/o going to an ARD. At any rate, just wanted to share the wealth.

"The only thing new is the history you don't know."

Are all repairs for the Minox ZP5 handled out of Germany? I was on the verge of grabbing an MR4 variant as it's on the top of my list but having a scope go down and being out for 3-4 months is not appealing. Does anyone know?

Here's what I got back from Blaser-USA regarding Minox repairs:

Repairs on ZP’s are very few and far between, but do take longer as we want to make sure that whatever the issue may be, it is precisely evaluated by the technicians to make sure other scopes do not have the same issue in the future. Unfortunately, the only work we do in-house here in San Antonio are gun repairs by our gun smiths, as we are primarily a German Shotgun and Rifle Distribution company. We send out repair shipments once a month at the beginning of the month to MINOX Germany, and then from there it takes about a week to go through customs. A rush can be done taking the repair from many weeks to about 3-4 weeks, depending on the circumstances. Obviously, we do not anticipate any repair work on brand new scopes.

Yikes, sounds like they don't do any repairs in house for the scopes then. I know we all prefer to never have to use the warranty, but I'm not sure I could get along with having to send it back for a couple months.

Doesn't S&B handle this exactly the same way?

S&B does a decent amount of repairs in VA. They replaced glass an entire erector for me at the VA facility, so that leads me to believe they can handle some bigger repairs.
When apparently Minox has to send it over seas to be diagnosed.

Here's what I got back from Blaser-USA regarding Minox repairs:

Repairs on ZP’s are very few and far between, but do take longer as we want to make sure that whatever the issue may be, it is precisely evaluated by the technicians to make sure other scopes do not have the same issue in the future. Unfortunately, the only work we do in-house here in San Antonio are gun repairs by our gun smiths, as we are primarily a German Shotgun and Rifle Distribution company. We send out repair shipments once a month at the beginning of the month to MINOX Germany, and then from there it takes about a week to go through customs. A rush can be done taking the repair from many weeks to about 3-4 weeks, depending on the circumstances. Obviously, we do not anticipate any repair work on brand new scopes.

Sounds like repairs may be handled by the Optronika group themselves if they take this much care. Good news is - superb repair service from some of the best in the business. Bad news - it may take several months to get your scope back should something happen to it. Crossing my fingers that nothing every happens to my ZP5...

Now that I have this in hand I have can make a few comments. Firstly, while DT turrets do have their spacing issues and I prefer 10mil turrets, the feel of these is not bad or terrible by any means - simply "close" is what I would say. Now I have to say that second revolution resistance is pretty horrific. My serial number is in the 004xx range so perhaps it's an earlier import, but the first time I actuated the turret into the second rev I wasn't sure there was a second rev when I hit that wall. Played with the turret back and forth for a few minutes and it smoothed out, but it's quite noticeable. It also seems to be a window of resistance, not quite in the same range every time. I wouldn't kick it out of bed for that, but it is definitely something to be aware of.

Also, this thing is LONG. Good god!

Last edited:
Also, this thing is LONG. Good god!

You're really opening yourself up for some clever remarks with that one. On the other hand, if you want "long" check out the baseball bats that US Optics puts out... In all seriousness, the Minox ZP5 5-25 is average for the majority of 5-25 scopes out there.

You're really opening yourself up for some clever remarks with that one. On the other hand, if you want "long" check out the baseball bats that US Optics puts out... In all seriousness, the Minox ZP5 5-25 is average for the majority of 5-25 scopes out there.
I took a picture insinuating some clever remarks and sent it to my friends upon arrival. ;)

Are these things still trucking along with little to no issues? I've not heard about them in a while.

Mines been preforming well...I've sold 2 more of them after guys checked out mine, guys went and bought their own

Is it actually necessary for Minox to have the added resistance between 1st and 2nd revolution on the elevation turret? They have the white dot to indicate you're on the second rev, why not just eliminate the resistance which seems to be one of the biggest criticisms from users?

The 2nd rev indicator is not an issue. People are making a huge deal out of it. I think people just need to find fault with anything. If you think that it will be a problem, then choose a different scope.

I have 2 matches in the books with my ZP5. 1st & second place respectively. I am very happy so far.

Is it actually necessary for Minox to have the added resistance between 1st and 2nd revolution on the elevation turret? They have the white dot to indicate you're on the second rev, why not just eliminate the resistance which seems to be one of the biggest criticisms from users?

I don't think the resistance is there on purpose...

The resistance is 100% intentional. The story that I've heard numerous times is that it was a requested feature from the European market. This scope is only just gaining popularity here in the US, but it's been popular over there for a while now.

Mechanical binding excused as a feature! That's like saying Fords break down on purpose.

I have a line of communication open with the product team in Germany. I'll post what they say.

I have a line of communication open with the product team in Germany. I'll post what they say.

Cheers. I don't own a Minox but I will be in the market for 2 reasonably high end scopes next year and would definitely consider the Minox based on a lot of reviews here. I did read somewhere that the resistance between revolutions was intentional, although again, with the white marker telling you you're on the second rev, I'm not quite sure the increased resistance is absolutely necessary. I'd be interested to hear what the product team have to say, particularly if anyone has thrown questions at them regarding turret feel too. It seems the biggest differentiation between the Minox and Tangent Theta comes down to turrets and click feel, and the resistance during the second rev.

Does anyone out there feel that if the turret clicks were improved and the resistance on second rev removed that the Minox would pick up even more sales and make the decision easier for buyers given the price difference between it and TT?