• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Missing / Moderated Posts - Don't see your post after hitting submit.

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Missing / Moderated Posts

If you don't see your post after hitting reply, or submit, or anything else, it's because the system has moderated it for approval.

That does not mean to resubmit the same post over and over again, because the system will do the same thing.

It's part of the spam filter and members will low post counts (doesn't matter the date) will get their post moderated if there is a link in it. The system sees the link as potential spam and simply puts the post in a queue which we manually approve. (usually within 24 hours) Even the Tapatalk link will be flagged as a link.

Some see it tell them, others do not see it say it was moderated, however if you make a post and you don't see it appears in the forum, it's moderated.

Do not keep repeating the same post over and over...

I know this has to be a pain in the ass for both you and the new/low post count members, but the forum is much more free of spammers now than the UBB days. Many days (nights for the States when the mods weren't online) I would be reporting five-plus spammers a day back then.

the spammers still try, they just get caught a lot more often, but they have not slowed down their pace.

A lot of times we find them in the blog section, the filter lets them in there so we have to remove them manually

This should get a new title and sticky to the top since this is a problem that is going to happen more then a hundred times I'm sure and the title isn't that clear on the subject.
    I was wondering what happen, but then after a day I got to thinking maybe it was because of a link and after reading this, that confirms it. I almost made a new post about it, but out of curiosity I looked in here and got my answer. ;)

I have been trying to put a post in the reloading section for a week now and it keeps getting moderated. I'm not a spammer I just need a loading question answered what am I doing wrong?