• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Missouri shooters

willowbend

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2007
Missouri
Any Missouri reloaders and shooters here?Where are some places to practice long range that has anything over 300 yards?And dont cost so much for membership you have to float a loan.

Re: Missouri shooters

im 65 miles ne of KC.MO , reloader and have several long range places to shoot , what county are you in ?

TS2

willowbend,

What part of MO?

Bench Rest Rifle Club in Wright City (East Central MO) has a range to 600. Dues are $200/year, you do not have to be a member to shoot matches.

Doe Run in Aurora (SW MO) has 600 and 1000 yard BR, but may only be "open" for matches. You might ask Gordon about non-match shooting/private range time.

We've shot out to 700 during matches at Big Piney Sportsman's Club in Houston (South Central MO) . SH member "Viper 225" runs the tactical matches there - that's a good time!

Looks like Green Valley in Columbia (Central MO) has 250 yards?

Go north into Iowa they have 1k BR in Pella, west into Kansas check out Mill Creek, soutwest into Tulsa for Red Castle.

I've shot at all of these ranges except Mill Creek, so let me know if you have any questions. Also MDC ranges, but those are all 100 yard, as far as I know.

That's about all I can think of right now.

Bill

I am on the east side of the state and it seems even membership clubs only have 100 yard rifle ranges,Only found 1 but it is 1 1/2 hour drive south just to get there and they have a 275 yard range,To bad it isnt like it was 20-30 years ago where you could find a good group of guys and shoot on grandpas farm and even hunt deer and have a place to gather every year and have one very good week out of the year.

TS2, any of these long ranges places you mentioned open for just showing up and paying a one time fee? Im coming home on military leave and my younger brother wants to go shooting with me. I live just south of KC (Lee's Summit). I have heard of Parma Woods, help me out if you know of a good range or a gravel pit.

Also looking for a area to lease for deer hunting during the 2 week rifle season,Jefferson county,St.Charles or anywhere up to the very far northeast side of the state.Just looking for a small area to be able to put a few does in the freezer each year as i am no trophy hunter.It would be just myself and my brother,i am 42 years old and been hunting since the age of 6.
Only thing i ask would be i could use a tent and maybe a campfire and if acceptable a ATV to use to get the deer out with.Thanks for looking and any leads is much appreciated.
[email protected]

Reactions: STLSteve86

I'm a little NE of KC and also would love to find a place with a range a little further than 100 yards. I shoot at Parma sometimes, but punching paper at 100 yards gets old fast...

Thanks

Shawn

I also live in the KC area and would be interested in a range that is over 100 yards and within a two hour drive. I've done my share of shooting at Parma and Lake City, but it's just not much fun at 100 yards. All help is appreciated.

Luke

i have family farms north of KC. lots of room to shoot, but it is littered with cattle...

frown.gif

i go to the 1k range in pella IA and a few others around. also, at Dean's Guns in St. Joe a guy named "Gary" works there and has a couple of tactical rigs. he's got the skinny some distance ranges and "private" areas.

you might stop through there and visit with him.

-ST13

got the skinny on another range. after talking to some of the guys at Dean's this weekend, it seems there is a range near Chillicothe. one of the guys thought the local police chief owned it. they didn't remember whether it was 600 or 1000. contact the local PD i was told.

this may be overlap, as i don't know where each one is in relationship to those mentioned above. hope this helps.

Someone posted out on ar15 about a new 1k range going in south of KC. isn't open yet, but hopefully will be sometime soon. Might be worth checking out once they get it up and running. I can't find the link right now, but i'll keep on looking. i believe that it's run out of http://dvctraining.com/

Im in Bland just 30 mins east Jeff city. Have a 980 yrd range and am a member of the owensville gun club with 536yrd range, nicely set up. The 980 yrd range is the hay feild on creek bottom but it works just fine. PM sent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coyote556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dont forget Bucksnort range at Marshall. It is a 600yd pit range. </div></div>

I can't find any info on this range... do you have a phone # or a website for it??

Thanks

Shawn

I'm down in Harrisonville. I think Mill Creek has a 300 yd and If I remember right has a steel gong @ 200 yds. Other than that to shoot any distance I have to drive down by Moran KS to a buddys (depending on where the cattle are).

I'm in KC and i have a place to shoot, but it's only 300 yards

I'm in NE part of the state.

Private range, I think dues have gone up to 20 or 25 bucks a year.

Concrete benches and targets to 500 mtrs.

Steel gongs hanging out to 500 as well.

Old fellow owns it and PM me and I'll try to get you hooked up with him via phone and directions.

Clayman

Bucksnort range in Marshall. I think the dues are 35 bucks a year. 600 yard range, 100 yard pistol/practice range. Its about 5 or 6 miles south of Marshall on 65 hwy. Higginsville has a 2 or 300 yard range.

The one in Higginsville is a nice one for 300 and under. They also have weekly shoots.

I'll have to check out Bucksnort. Seems that is the closest one to me, but still a good drive. I'm pretty tired of shooting the 100yd range close to me.

Will do! Hopefully I'll be able to head up there next weekend.

Just wish Green Valley went out further-it's a much shorter drive there for me...

I got stuck working on the farm and taking care of some stuff around the house the last few weeks. More of the same to come, so I'm stuck at the local 100yd range for at least a few more weeks. Gotta get a new bipod anyway, as I just ruined mine last week.

At least once I take care of the farm, it will be ready for deer season without much more work. My wife is driving me crazy getting stuff put up for the new baby even though she isn't due until September. I figure it's easier to get it done and have her off my back so I can shoot more later.

I'll have to give you a shout, but it is looking like it will be at least a few more weeks before I can break loose...

Coyote556 and 30CalSniper: Do you have any contact info for Bucksnort Range. I'd be interested in joining if it's open to new members, but don't know anybody associated with it.

I really love shooting.i am playing this game from last 5 years and i am happy to hear that it is free,i would surely to join this club.

Philip Jones

Addiction Recovery Missouri

Natty Bumbo-

POC for Bucksnort membership was Larry Neckerman, dues were $35/ year IFRC...if you the Missouri Sport Shoter Assoc. (MSSA) they can get you in contact with the appropriate person

Mike 257
Millcreek on the kansas side max range 300 yds (500)when they close range for nra matches
Pioneer Gun Club Bates City-max range 200 yds (indoor range in "knobtown" 22/pistol only 25 yds max)
Higginsville-200 yds max IRC

all three are private ranges all three hold 3 gun/ipsc matches, pioneer and millcreeck shoot nra highpower...

Need more info?

I have heard of them, what Im really looking for is some people who want to shoot on a regular basis. I would love to find a place like some fields where we can shoot any distance we want.

Setting up for med distance shooting, 0-600yds. Neosho, MO and looking to find some space. No range I know of except conservation at Neosho, has 25, 50, 100yds. No charge, open to public.

I've sent my dues off to Bucksnort so if everything works out I'll get some photos and such when I'm out there.

Anyone know if they allow steel targets there? I'm considering buying a couple steel targets for long range practice.

565 yrds here in Owensville, plus i have a 1,000 yrd range. I shoot at them all the time but mainly on weekdays, i work the weekends

I'm in Lee's Summit as well. I've been a member of Mill Creek for 5 or 6 years and would also like to stretch "it" out a little further.

Anyone know of a range near Ft. Leonard Wood MO? I'm going to USMC MP school there in Oct and wanted to do some shooting. Thanks for your help.

Ravkin,

Big Piney is pretty close (about an hour away and they reach out to 800 yards). Drop me a line and we can get together if I'm not on the road.

Jeff

Mike,

Just outside of West Plains. I'm 4 hours away from KC, but I'll be up there next week for work.

jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Setting up for med distance shooting, 0-600yds. Neosho, MO and looking to find some space. No range I know of except conservation at Neosho, has 25, 50, 100yds. No charge, open to public.</div></div>
I'm close to Neosho in fact I'm just off the 33 mile marker on I-44 can you give directions to Neosho Conservation?
Mike L.

I'm in Cape Girardeau, southeast MO, just getting into longer range shooting.

old thread but im in mo too looking for a place to shoot near st. louis on firdays or sundays.

The only places i can find right now are MO conservation ranges. and the longest one of them is a 300 yarder down by cape and thats too long of a drive for me.

I know that BRclub of st. louis is about 50 miles away but the 250 dues are a little steep.

right now im stuck at 100 yards at a MO range at Antire and 270