• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Missouri shooters

Re: Missouri shooters

George, count me in when your ready, Thanks, Jason

I'm in the Liberty (Kansas City) area. Hopefully George and GAP will have my rifle finished soon and I can come out with everyone!

Shawn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, I took some offense to your post. Just thought your comments seemed uppity. I would never say that about anothers mans rifle and I apologize for those that I would refer to as born and bred missourians that should know better than to disrespect someone like that. I generally have pretty thick skin and I just didn't expect to see a comment like that on a site like this where I would think we'd support one another as opposed to bashing other enthusiasts. No harm no foul. I wouldn't delete your posts because it will let others know we worked it out like men using our brains and a keyboard rather than other means. </div></div>

Stealth, its cool. I have yet to see anyone on this board that looks down on anyone for the gear they shoot (well, lately anyway). I think it is important to point out that the reason the GAP rifles are getting bragged about in this thread is two fold:

1. becuase they are increadible.
2. George IS GAP (GA Precission)

A shoot would be really cool. Hell, we should get a roving thing going that every month (or whatever) we all gather at a different range around the state and send some BTHP's.

I am in the process of setting up various ranges on land we have in the Central part of the state. So far, I have 300+ yards off the deck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">June is good, ill have time to load a little ammo.

And practice
whistle.gif

</div></div>

My thoughts exactly!

Hopefully raise some cash for some better glass beforehand as well...

Guys keep me in the loop...would love to get out with the MO boys and shoot some. George....if you want just let me know.

I would love to get in on this.

Not even to shoot just to watch and learn.

Since I don't have a scope for the rifle yet but I think I could learn a lot, if a spots available let me know.

Guys don't know if your still looking for Federal 210m primers. But Graf's in St. Charles had about it looked like about 6-7 more 1000 packs.

Hey guys i live 5 miles north of stjoe and been looking for some guys to do some long range shooting with im rusty do to i got out of a wheel chair 2 years ago got hit in iraq with a RPG i was with 1/5 marines bravo company so im trying to get back in to long rang shooting so if your wanting to get to geather let me know thanks

Beltfed can you shoot me a PM? I have family that lives in Owensville you may know...maybe we can shoot sometime.

Dang this is older than I thought!

Paris has a range that has silhouettes out to 550ish yards, when a friend and I go we set up a gong we can shoot to 1300ish.

I may be up for it, if not to far away... (from Lees Summit).

I'd also like to see the shop, sometime, George.
(I'm the guy with the RRA LAR-8 that has been pestering you with e-mails these last 2 days.)

Where can we shoot well past 1k that's DUSTY so we can see impacts?

I have 90 moa of up left in my SS and I wanna use it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May 15 or 16? </div></div>

Come on Todd, your from Missouri, it will still be raining like a bitch dawg.

Im thinking Second weekend in June??? </div></div>

George what happened to June? How about August?

Thought i'd put in a free bump, as well as get subscribe to the thread so I can get updates whenever a shoot gets put together. I'm in KC by Worlds of Fun, would like to be involved in a fun shoot to get some long range practice in.

Branden

I'm headed to one of the local ranges tomorrow afternoon, winds are listed on weather.com as coming out of the south so i'm thinking about Lake City instead of Parma woods. If you want to meet up, pm me.

Branden

I was going today, but chores are keeping me busy, so I'll be going tomorrow.
Only thing about Lake City is you can't shoot prone.

Also they alway put me next to someone with hyper kids, or is shooting a .458 magnum.........

Spent a while communicating with the Director of DoC to have them tell the range it was OK to bring my suppressor. Now they are cool.

Say hi if you see this guy. (I am a little larger now.)
me_far.jpg

I'll definitely be at Lake City Shooting range, going to try to time it to be there right at noon when they open, or shortly thereafter. Got my rounds loaded up and ready to go. If you see somebody using little 1.5" blaze orange dots on the back of the paper targets they provide, that's me.

Branden

I need people to shoot with in either Lebanon or Pleasant hope/bolivar.

BTW Just need to get the bench/target stand built for a 500 yard personal range by chillicothe...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... If you see somebody using little 1.5" blaze orange dots on the back of the paper targets they provide, that's me.

Branden </div></div>

Saw you there. But you left before I said hi. I was Lane #2 with the range target and another with 3" targets all over it.

That was you in the blue hat?? I thought that was you, however I shot so poorly today that it was embarassing!! I just kept screwing up my follow through, and couldn't seem to get the rifle setup on the bags right either. Finally on my last 3 groups got a good setup, but kept fumbling the follow through except for one group that measured out at .353". Serves me right, I had made a post in another section about how my rifle holds 1/2moa easily. Now I must insert my foot into my mouth!

I apologize for not at least attempting to say hi, especially since I was sure you were going to be out there. That wind was something else, wasn't quite out of the SW like the weather said, but it was only 1/4value so it didn't affect most of my groups that I shot except for my second group that was 5 shots strung in a line that was perfectly horizontal. Don't know what that was all about.

I think that I have a laod to settle with though with my 178amax's. Maybe i'll head out Thursday to set the zero and Sunday i'll head out to my special spot and send some amax's to 375m and see how they group.

Branden

Yup - blue hat.
Your "special spot" eh?
The KC area needs a nice long distance range. At least to 400 or 500 yards.

You might want to sign up for the on-line training here. The horizontal stringing is addressed in the trigger control lesson.

On mine, it looks like my most accurate round is the Hornady Match 168gr A-MAX, followed by FGMM 168gr SMKs. The FGMM 175gr SMKs are OK, and it hate pretty much anything else, like the several boxes of WWB 147, most Black Hills stuff, etc....

For those who are interested, the Big Piney Sportsman's Club near Houston in Texas County has monthly rifle matches out to 700/800 yards. Our next match is a modified F-Class and will be held on 29 September. You will need 40 rounds of ammo. Cost is $20.00 and pre-registration is not required. Start time is 9:00.

We also hold a two-gun match on the same day. You will need a semi-auto rifle, a handgun, 40 rounds of rifle ammo and 18 rounds of handgun ammo. Cost is $10.00 for the first time through and $5.00 for each additional time through. You may use centerfire or rimfire. Start time is 9:00 and we shoot until we are out of either ammo or money.

We also have monthly .17/.22 rimfire 50 yard benchrest matches, 600 yard centerfire benchrest matches, IDPA matches, 100 round sporting clays, and .17/.22 rimfire sniper matches.

We have trap and skeet every Thursday starting at 4:00.

Do you mean the 27th of September? I was talking with another member on here about coming to the next one but I thought he said it was the 27th. The 29th is a Tuesday. And just curious, do you have sighters at each range if we don't have our dope for the ranges? Or is it the shoot 5 shots at each target and move to the next distance? I'm coming out to shake the dust off my long range shooting skills and get my drop dope to 800y, not planning on winning anything, lol.

Also, do you have more info about the rimfire sniper matches??

Branden

Next Big Piney "F-Class" match is Sunday the 27th of September. No sighters during or prior to the match (range probably open the day before).

Not "Official" F-Class - basically 5 shots prone at each distance from 100-700 (I don't think we're shooting any more 800 yard stages this year). 100 and 200 are shot on smaller, separate bulls, 300-700 are shot on NRA "SR" targets. You shoot all of you shots on one target. After each yardage, white pasters w/ yardage number are pasted on the holes, and you can usually see those if you're in the black SR bull.

Cheers,

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much to shoot?</div></div>

20 bucks....

You're right, it is the 27th.

The rimfire sniper match is a scaled down version of our tactical rifle match. The target is a scaled down IDPA target. You shoot 10 rounds every 25 yds from 50 yards back to 150 yards for a total of 50 rounds. You will shoot off of mailboxes, 55 gallon drums, etc. Cost is $10.00. At the moment the .22 sniper match is scheduled to be shot after the long range rifle match, but we are considering putting it back on it's own day because if it takes awile to shoot the long range rifle, there isn't much time left for the .22 shoot.

If you are in need of getting your line sight settings, let me know and we can work out a time to meet at the range.

I'm planning to come to the match on the 27th. Hope to have my rifle and load a bit more dialed in than the last time I came out.

I'll most likely be out there as well, it's still a bit early for me to confirm 100%, however it's on the calendar pending something that the wife feels is more important. Only thing i'm hoping for is to not make a fool of myself!

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wheelchairman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need people to shoot with in either Lebanon or Pleasant hope/bolivar.

BTW Just need to get the bench/target stand built for a 500 yard personal range by chillicothe... </div></div>

My place is about 40 minutes from Chilli. What kind of bench are you going to build? If your gonna cover it, ive got some new raised panel tin just sitting.

Around one hour south of St Louis, close to Doe Run, drove by the area, its not open for average trigger actuator to get some trigger time.

Is Big Piney open for those from outside or members to show up and get time on the trigger, like a Tues AM?

Also found a range at the Busch Wildlife around Union MO but it was closed too.

Everything in St Louis is indoors short gun and trap/skeet.

Anywhere else? Lots of farm land around, for sale too, has me thinking to grow roots. Not real happy with the humidity. Lots a whitetail, not single turkey though.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. I wond how many of us are from Lees Summit, Independence, Liberty, Blue Springs?

ENough to have our own shoot some day. I'll bet. </div></div>

Now we just need to figure out where we're going to shoot, lol.

Maybe that member up in Chillicothe will invite us up to make a day of it. We should even bbq for lunch and/or dinner.

Branden

I met up with Branden on Sunday at Parma Woods. It's nice to shoot with someone that knows their way around a rifle. In the future I'd really like to find a good place to shoot farther than 100 yards around here...

Shawn

wheelchairman, I am real close to you. I am in Camdenton.

Everyone else, hang in there, I am working on getting a 1000+ yard range set up in the South-Central part of the State (Macks Creek). I have the space, I just need to work out the logistics, do some clearing and probably build a tower.

I use to go through Macks Creek all the time. You will have the hot spot when you get it built! I volunteer to help you break it in.....