• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Missouri shooters

Re: Missouri shooters

I have a new gap coming in a few weeks, wondering if anyone in kc knows where there is a place to shoot over 100 yds close to kc.

Bucksnort is the closest to KC that I know of. Up to 600yds. I still have not had a chance to get out there but I'm hopeful that I will this spring or sooner if the weather gets warmer.

New member here....I have a Savage 10FP HS Precision bought from a Hide member. I picked it up a few weeks ago...still haven't shot it. Hopefully tomorrow will be the first time.

I am about 40 miles E-SE from Lee's Summit.

I would love to find a place to test my future reloads!!

Jhuggans

Alright guys lets figure out something , warm weather will be here soon, Anyone got property ? I have some up north near Greencastle but is all wooded , you cant even get a hundred yard shot.

There is a 50 to 200 yard range in Higginsville. Otherwise Bucksnort just south of Marshall is a nice spot. 600 yard line with bunkers. 35 bucks a year aint too bad either.

I live near Marshall, drive to KC to work. Im gonna start hitting both of them when the days start getting a little longer. (and warmer)

lets keep each other posted as to when and where we are shooting, maybe we can get a small group of regulars together.

I am interested too. I have a GAP and a new one coming in soon....well when ever the damn thing ships...a Desert Tactical SRS bullpup will be here in a week or two.

Since I'm seeing several BRRC members/St.Louis area shooters here, what are people's thoughts about trying to get Rifles Only or some other outfit to run a 2/4 day precision rifle class at Wright City? The new range would be well suited for it.

thats a very good question.Ifor one would be very interested.i live in the bottom of missouri,but iam up that way quite a bit.If you figure anything out keep posting.wright city has a range.i didnt know that.what is the max range on it...membership fees?
have you ever shot the 600yrd range at wentzville.I just recently found about a 800 yrd range at houston,mo.that has modified f-class monthly,membership fees there are 50$ a year.

I also might have access to about 700acr.with shots that could reach proably 700 yrds.with a little berm work.i will keep everyone posted

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BeltfedMG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">565 yrds here in Owensville, plus i have a 1,000 yrd range. I shoot at them all the time but mainly on weekdays, i work the weekends </div></div>

I drive past there all the time on my way to our farm in Maries county. Seems there is always at least one gun shot that gets my attention. We can stretch it out on our Farm. I can get somewhere around 800 yards.

I'm in St. Charles County.

Wright city = wentzville. I was referring to the benchrest rifle club (brrc) which as the 600 yard set up on the main range. http://shootingstl.com/home.htm. I hope to be out there this weekend and will ask the pres or training coordinator if I can catch them what the club needs are.

ok sorry about that.I didnt know wright city,wentzille were one in the same.
also 30 calsniper houston is in south central mo. about(dont the exact distance)50 or 60 miles south of rolla on 63......http//www.bigpineysportsmanclub.com range has a total distance of 800yrds. I personally have not been there yet.(due to job) but i come home on the 29th and i have 550 rounds of 168gmm. thats burning a hole in my range bag.
I think long shot is pretty familar with the range.

Is the benchrest a nice club. I have wanted to get on there it is just alot of money at this time to put out right now. Will they let someone drop by and check it out before deciding to join?

Joe, BRRC is both a nice club and very expensive. You can drop Scott (pres) a note. He's basically always there. Matches are open to non-members, so if you shoot IDPA/USPSA or any flavor of benchrest that would be a good time to get out and see most of the facility. Schedule is on the site.

Well, Huum I guess we could plan a one day shoot sometime after the Spring Rains. I have access to land where we have a 1100 yard Range with Steel from 400 to 1100 plus 3 larues and other various steel targets to move arround. I would not want to crowd it with more than 10 or so guys as its not set up for a buch of shooters. We could meet at the shop and drive up (22 min from shop)

Guess we need to just set a date

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, Huum I guess we could plan a one day shoot sometime after the Spring Rains. I have access to land where we have a 1100 yard Range with Steel from 400 to 1100 plus 3 larues and other various steel targets to move arround. I would not want to crowd it with more than 10 or so guys as its not set up for a buch of shooters. We could meet at the shop and drive up (22 min from shop)

Guess we need to just set a date </div></div>

It was great meeting you today George. Tried to talk my son into letting me sell the Viper
laugh.gif
so we could buy some of those nice toys you had in the vault. Awesome work you do.

I would definitely like to hit the range with you when things dry up here.

Greg williams

Would really like to attend the shoot with you fellas. Not the best shot, as I am new to the game, (got a nice GAP though) if that counts for anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May 15 or 16? </div></div>

Come on Todd, your from Missouri, it will still be raining like a bitch dawg.

Im thinking Second weekend in June???

I'm a shooter who wouldn't you know loves shooting and guns in general. A RANGE RETARD if you will. I was going to ask since I'm a fellow born and bred Missourian if yuns might have me along to shoot with ya but I wouldn't want to drool any Remmy XCR juice on your purdy GAPS. Oh well, I guess I'll just roll with my regular Range Retard buds shootin at beer cans and dip cans with my factory ammo. Have fun guys.

Stealth you seem to have taken some offense to my post, that sucks because it wasnt aimed toward you. Guess Im just getting tired of local ranges.

Yes, I took some offense to your post. Just thought your comments seemed uppity. I would never say that about anothers mans rifle and I apologize for those that I would refer to as born and bred missourians that should know better than to disrespect someone like that. I generally have pretty thick skin and I just didn't expect to see a comment like that on a site like this where I would think we'd support one another as opposed to bashing other enthusiasts. No harm no foul. I wouldn't delete your posts because it will let others know we worked it out like men using our brains and a keyboard rather than other means.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, I took some offense to your post. Just thought your comments seemed uppity. I would never say that about anothers mans rifle and I apologize for those that I would refer to as born and bred missourians that should know better than to disrespect someone like that. I generally have pretty thick skin and I just didn't expect to see a comment like that on a site like this where I would think we'd support one another as opposed to bashing other enthusiasts. No harm no foul. I wouldn't delete your posts because it will let others know we worked it out like men using our brains and a keyboard rather than other means. </div></div>

Would Love to have you Out Stealth, Shoot whatever you have. Thats the whole Idea. To Shoot.

Well, Thanks for the invite George. I'll see what I can do about making it out there. Is there any guys that are coming from St. Charles Co. area that might be interested in doin a Car pool. I have a Chebby Quad cab (beds uncovered) and could take 3 or 4 guys comfortably.

Stealth no problem, I could see how my post could have been misinterpreted as uppity. I definilty dont bash people for what they have because I myself have very little, I just get annoyed with some things I have seen over the years from local ranges. I always thought it would be great if I met a few guys who had the same interest in guns and we had a place we could hang out and shoot away from the local places.