• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Missouri shooters

Re: Missouri shooters

South Central.... damn that sounds too far... I wish someone would get a decent range in the KC area...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No doubt...... </div></div>

OM of Manners, c'mon now, we know you've gotta know some folks with land in the KC area! lol. A little while back I went down to visit the folks at GAP and was looking around to see where your shop was as well. I need more firearm enthusiasts to hang out with.

Branden

Manners is in GAP's old place.

And GAP has their own range, or at least George does.
Envy Envy Envy Envy Envy good rifles and good range Envy Envy Envy Envy

If I win the lottery I am going to build my own 1,000 yard range...... buwaa haa haa ha ha ha ha ha

We all must Schmooze George. Perhaps we should buy him flowers and fine chocolates, and maybe, just maybe, he'll let a couple of us accompany him to the range!

Maybe he'll chime in here, George, may we schmooze you?
blush.gif

Branden

Too all you MO shooters, i'll be headed to Parma this weekend to get some load development in on a new 208 Amax and RL17 combo trying to get ready for the Big Piney match at the end of September. I hate starting a new load this late, but I have a backup load already just in case.

I don't know whether i'm going to be there both days, or just one. I may do the load development on Saturday, and test my alternate at long range on sunday. Both days the weather is going to be nice, sunny, 80, and 6mph wind. Like typical Missouri weather this is what it says now, it'll likely be different in 15 minutes.

If you want to link up out there, PM me and i'll keep an eye out for you. I'll likely be there right when they open at 10am or shortly thereafter.

Branden

Update: Wife made plans for Saturday weeks ago, and just told me about 30minutes ago. Don't think i'll make Saturday.

I went to their site once, but I was under the impression that they were only really open during matches. Is that the case, or do they have hours in which anyone (or just members) can come in and setup targets at extended ranges and shoot?

Branden

Bucksnort is open all the time to members. Usually have a match first weekend of the month. Other than that it's open shoot 24-7.

Do they have a web-site I can check out? Annual cost?
I need a new range.

I joined Lake Latawanta in March for 1.5 years and they immediatelly shut down and haven't reopened.

Bucksnort is 35 dollars a year! I grew up in marshall and have been many times. You can shoot up to 600 yards! If anyone wants to go we need to get together and go.

I am up for that. (Not next Saturday)

Should be a good exercise range.... shoot, then walk doen 400 yards or so, change a target, walk back.............

I've ridden through Marshal up 65 hwy a few times. It isn't that far.

I would be up for joining. Just need to get a really good spotting scope, and a good shooting mat.

If you can get someone to go with you, you can have them stay in the bunker and call your hits. Or mark them. Target boards are there to use. 20 lanes with NRA target stands. I shot a little Sunday, might stop by tonight.

I'd be up for a trip down there. Only problem is my next couple of weekends are booked to a degree, b-day parties this weekend, and my daughters 1st b-day 2 weeks later. I'd like to be able to make it out for some long range at least once before the Big Piney match, however i'm not sure that's going to happen.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next Big Piney "F-Class" match is Sunday the 27th of September. No sighters during or prior to the match (range probably open the day before).</div></div>

WRM: what are the directions to Big Piney, what time do things start, and can you show up and enter the day of the shoot?

<span style="font-style: italic">WRM: what are the directions to Big Piney, what time do things start, and can you show up and enter the day of the shoot?</span>

The BPSC is located between Raymondville and Houston. If you are coming towards Houston from the north on Hwy 63, as soon as you get to the north end of Houston, you will see Hwy B on the left. Take Hwy B towards Raymondvile and go about 4 1/2 miles. You will see a large wooden sign on the right side of the road that says Big Piney Sportsman's Club. Take the gravel road on the right down to the range. If you are coming towards Houston from the south on Hwy 63, go until you come to the north end of town and make a right onto Hwy B.

We try to have everything set up so we can start at 9:00.

You can show up and register the morning of the match.

I have 300 yard range behind my house in Springfield area. Need to find place to shoot out to 1000. I have lots of steel and a couple 4' target stands. Need LR bad!!! I have to go all the way to KS to get 1000 yards now. Thanks Brandon

I shoot at a 100 yard range five minutes from my house. It's in a state park and no one is ever there, almost like having my own range, maybe better since they maintain it. I should be about 2 hours away from Big Piney. I can't make it to this match, but I would like to give it a try in the future.

Is anybody from Nodaway county? St. Joseph area? I've got some places to shoot, but it would be nice to have somebody to help with the learning process...lol I've been shooting for years, but just delved into the precision rifle side of it, and am very excited to learn from some more experienced members!

St. Joseph isn't that far from KC here, I wouldn't mind coming out there sometime to do some shooting, and i'll help out where I can with you. The place you shoot, does it have good backstops, and good range capability? Good backstops are more important than anything.

Branden

I have access to several farms to shoot on, but I guess the best backstop would be some terraced fields. Where I shoot out to 250 is down into a creek bed. I could probably come up with some longer ranges,400-600 later this fall when they get some more corn out. I live in Maryville, so I'm only 45 minutes north of St. Joe.

Maryville, MO. I am going to a wedding in Bedford, IA next month and will likely stay in Maryville. Long ways for us together and shoot. Brandon

I expect SP260, Gunrunner, VietVet, Viper225 and Long-Shot will be there; I plan to attend....

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone else on here going to make the Big Piney match this weekend? I'm really looking forward to it.

Branden </div></div>

Yup, I'm in.

I'm all ready, went out Thursday to shake down the rifle and get some last minute load data, and everything went quite badly. My groups were junk because my shooting position was lousy (thumbs down for trying something new), but at least my loads were still holding under 10fps SD's for 20 rounds. On top of that one of the screws on the trigger assembly went for a walk and screwed itself in some more which prevented me from putting on the safety, of course that's better than preventing me from taking it off safety. I have made the adjustments to it, and the trigger return spring, and have nail polished them so they hopefully won't move again.

I don't know if we're going to have time in the whole process, but if there is time, and the ability to help me with my technique, I will be all ears, and very willing to learn!

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone else on here going to make the Big Piney match this weekend? I'm really looking forward to it.

Branden </div></div>

Yup, I'm in. </div></div>

Scratch that, we got up at 5:30, drove for two hours, were only 15 minutes out and the kid puked all over the truck. So, we turned around and drove home.

Hope everyone has a good time. I will try next time.

Big Piney 9/27 shoot

Just wanted to offer kudos to the crew at Big Piney. They have a very nice facility and run a fine range. Great bunch of shooters out there today as well. This was the first match I've ever shot in and I had a great time. Nice to talk with other rifle loons.

For those who were there, I was the guy in the blue t-shirt with the desert camo rifle.

Frank D.

Re: Big Piney 9/27 shoot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Natty Bumpo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wanted to offer kudos to the crew at Big Piney. They have a very nice facility and run a fine range. Great bunch of shooters out there today as well. This was the first match I've ever shot in and I had a great time. Nice to talk with other rifle loons.

For those who were there, I was the guy in the blue t-shirt with the desert camo rifle.

Frank D. </div></div>

Ditto that, it was a pleasure meeting all of you that attended, and Frank, it was a pleasure to share the first time experience with another first timer as well.

I'm very please with how I did, and hopefully next time I won't blow the 100 @ 200 yard targets. I lost a lot of points on those, and I dropped a few points on the rest as well, but i'll be more prepared next time!

I apologize for not being good with names, and not learning your Hide handles, however I got to shoot 3 rifles of 2 very kind owners today (you know who you are), and all I can say is that it was awesome to shoot your rifles. I can now say that i've fired a 7mm howitzer! (ok, a 7mm-.300 RUM or WSM, can't remember which). I can't believe the blast from that rifle, and the low recoil (attributed to the brake i'm sure).

Thanks again everyone, and I look forward to next time!

Branden

We're shooting a match on the 18th.

Dust_Remover,

I love the "windless cruise missile"!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">467,

Dust_Remover,

I love the "win<span style="font-weight: bold">g</span>less cruise missile"! </div></div>

Fixed it for ya. I love how long those bullets are. If hornady ever makes a 240gr amax with a secant ogive and long boat tail i'd be dumb enough to try it too. I can see it now, using a bullet as long as the case!

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">467,

Dust_Remover,

I love the "windless cruise missile"! </div></div>

roger that.Count me in i will be there.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">467,

</div></div>

roger that.Count me in i will be there....... </div></div>

I'm planning to go to that one. I'm disappointed I missed this last one, was planning to, but my son decided to break his femur. Bad timing, although there's never really a good time to do that... Wife didn't want me to leave her alone with him all weekend...

IMG_5160.jpg