• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk 13 Mod 0 stock

AFAIK, chassis color, barrel contour and chamber. Mod 2 used a vortex flash hider while the mod 5 was contoured for the mk11 can. The mod 2 had the A191 chamber and mod 5/7 had the mk248 mod 1 chamber.

Mod 0,1 and 3 had mcmillan stock; mod 1 was left handed mod 0
Just to be clear, the barrel wasnt profiled for the can either?

mk13-2 by Redbull Armory
G639 prefix action
Lilja MK13-0 Barrel profile ( Tactical taper)
Threaded muzzle w/ thread protector
Sako Extractor (mk13-5 was m16 extractor)
No P proof mark
Black barrel coating
Earlier serial MARS 20 moa rail
Different shape recoil lug than mk13-5/7
Initially issued with Leupold FFP 4.5-14x40mm m3 w/ a191 bdc turrets but later changed to NF 3.5-15x50mm USASFC scopes
01642D71-916B-4CB6-9F8E-FF554892B629_1_102_o.jpeg
ECD0730B-9557-467D-95A2-C3ACF6DB0E6C_1_102_o.jpeg
A7299853-5F0B-4535-920B-CBBD53A798FF_1_102_o.jpeg
CB5395C1-389C-41D6-95C9-3A6DEE77B03B_1_102_o.jpeg
A631004C-91E4-4E51-97AA-A6152DAC29D1_1_102_o.jpeg
A810445A-2C5C-4FE3-A411-2DBC74F10DBE_1_102_o.jpeg

Last edited:
Im kicking it around. I would build a “shooter” so I would avoid issued parts and what not. Make it feel as authentic as possible. Im a fan of the AI 2.0 chassis not going to lie
Yep, I always liked the 2.0 chassis also. I also like the Mk13 Mod 7 chassis system. I go back and forth on which one, Mod 5 or Mod 7, I like better, lol. Also a fan of Mcmillan stocks w/the old school saddle cheek piece (I know I'm definitely in the minority on that) but sometimes kick around doing Mk13 Mod 3 just to have both an AICS, AX and McMillan equipped Mk13.

The mod 2 would make for an interesting project as you don't see them nearly as often as the others...You should do it.

My Mods
IMG_9089.jpeg

IMG_7424.jpeg

mk13-2 by Redbull Armory
G639 prefix action
Lilja MK13-0 Barrel profile ( Tactical taper)
Threaded muzzle w/ thread protector
Sako Extractor (mk13-5 was m16 extractor)
No P proof mark
Black barrel coating
Earlier serial MARS 20 moa rail
Different shape recoil lug than mk13-5/7
Initially issued with Leupold FFP 4.5-14x40mm m3 w/ a191 bdc turrets but later changed to NF 3.5-15x50mm USASFC scope
Awesome, @ilikebmxbikes

Do you shoot 190s with it or a different load?

Dont know if this has been posted in here but its a rare army mk13-0 with USASFC spec NF 3.5-15x50mm. Anyone have any other army mk13-0 photos?

signal-2021-07-19-145648_002 (2).jpeg
signal-2021-07-19-145648_001 (1).jpeg

Owner of Kinetic Research group with his mk13-0 in Iraq . Interestingly he was later issued a MK13-5 in a stiller action which was quite rare for Army SOF as the m2010 was being supplied in that era. He even swapped an early KRG chassis onto the mk13-5 . Pics are from KRG IG.

ytLSQQU.jpg
m1r9Ea9.jpg
ltKjqEM.jpg

I wish I could read those ammo boxes.

Great pictures.

Dont know if this has been posted in here but its a rare army mk13-0 with USASFC spec NF 3.5-15x50mm. Anyone have any other army mk13-0 photos?

View attachment 8214610View attachment 8214611

Owner of Kinetic Research group with his mk13-0 in Iraq . Interestingly he was later issued a MK13-5 in a stiller action which was quite rare for Army SOF as the m2010 was being supplied in that era. He even swapped an early KRG chassis onto the mk13-5 . Pics are from KRG IG.

View attachment 8214612View attachment 8214614View attachment 8214615
^^^ Massoud!

He is a long time member here on SH. Fantastic guy and KRG is a first rate company!

Sirhr

Reactions: ilikebmxbikes
Here’s a fresh build from Chris with all of the fixings. Garland action, Xtreme Trigger, 4 prong flash hider, schmidt PSR, OPS gen 1s, etc./etc. Eventually I’ll be able to swap on the RC, just waiting on the ATF.

I’m not really sure which weapon mounted range finders are most correct to use on the bridge mount (if anyone knows, I’d be interested).. I’ve seen an AN/PSQ-23 floating around in pictures mounted on a mod 7 with a spuhr, and of course the 23’s aren’t readily available, but not much else.

8D08418D-E84A-4DEA-B5D0-C61E1504D483.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s a fresh build from Chris with all of the fixings. Garland action, Xtreme Trigger, 4 prong flash hider, schmidt PSR, OPS gen 1s, etc./etc. Eventually I’ll be able to swap on the RC, just waiting on the ATF.

I’m not really sure which weapon mounted range finders are most correct to use on the bridge mount (if anyone knows, I’d be interested).. I’ve seen an AN/PSQ-23 floating around in pictures mounted on a mod 7 with a spuhr, and of course the 23’s aren’t readily available, but not much else.

View attachment 8226517

PSQ23, RUlR or Storm SLX

Reactions: Werk125
To pay the chassis respect, I’d start hunting for a mk13 action and get a new barrel spun up with The correct aardvark contour for a mk11 can. Lot of options for optics on a stiller / imuns. being a imuns chassis, id make a navy gun as the vast majority of them were navy.
Update:
RWS MK13 action build arrived last week and the S&B PSR scope arrived yesterday. I will look for the correct rings or pick up the Larue mount when I see a deal pop up on a LaRue.

1- do y'all have any idea what the square thing is on the bottom of the chassis (red arrow). Maybe a rest of some sort?
2 - I wonder if I should paint the action as close as I can to the chassis scheme....or leave it as is?

Mk13 mod 5 oct 20231.jpeg
Mk 13 mod5 oct 2023.jpeg
Mk13 mod 5 oct 2023.jpg

i wouldnt paint the action - i think unpainted showcases the original paint on the chassis more. I think when you paint an action it sort of makes it hard to know whats original and what isnt. The little block in the picture is a tripod head shoe

Reactions: Pinmaster
Man, this thread is a wealthy bit of info! Currently I have a MK13 mod 5 barreled action being built by RWS in the Remington/MARS configuration. Is there a way of identifying definitively whether or not my kit was Army or Navy? Initially the kit came with the Badger IMUNS, and from what I understand the earlier version for the foam inserts. But since I already had an issued MARS and a G prefix 700 action, I opted for that route instead. Not any markings on the case or chassis that I've been able to locate. The mod 5 chassis don't seem to be as "easy" to track.

Attachments

• IMG_3874.jpeg
    IMG_3874.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3875.jpeg
    IMG_3875.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3877.jpeg
    IMG_3877.jpeg
    646.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Reactions: BANMAN19
Man, this thread is a wealthy bit of info! Currently I have a MK13 mod 5 barreled action being built by RWS in the Remington/MARS configuration. Is there a way of identifying definitively whether or not my kit was Army or Navy? Initially the kit came with the Badger IMUNS, and from what I understand the earlier version for the foam inserts. But since I already had an issued MARS and a G prefix 700 action, I opted for that route instead. Not any markings on the case or chassis that I've been able to locate. The mod 5 chassis don't seem to be as "easy" to track.
If it came out when all the other Mod 5 were released, I'd say that there's almost a 100% chance of it being Navy SEAL, just like the others we've been able to collect information on. I sold about 60 of those kits, mine were the only ones that weren't sterilized (Thoroughbred Armament and other dealers got sterilized kits or they were told to sterilize them). I have 1 Mod 5 kit in my personal collection, I've been planning on building it, but I've recently decided to sell it. I'll probably drop it on Gunbroker after Christmas, along with an original SEAL used McMillan Mk13 Mod 0/3 kit, Stiller Mk13 Garland receiver, XTSP Mk13 receiver, OPS AWP gen 1 1.5" scope rings, and some other stuff. A few of these items were once plentiful, but all of them are now pretty much non-existent.

If it came out when all the other Mod 5 were released, I'd say that there's almost a 100% chance of it being Navy SEAL, just like the others we've been able to collect information on. I sold about 60 of those kits, mine were the only ones that weren't sterilized (Thoroughbred Armament and other dealers got sterilized kits or they were told to sterilize them). I have 1 Mod 5 kit in my personal collection, I've been planning on building it, but I've recently decided to sell it. I'll probably drop it on Gunbroker after Christmas, along with an original SEAL used McMillan Mk13 Mod 0/3 kit, Stiller Mk13 Garland receiver, XTSP Mk13 receiver, OPS AWP gen 1 1.5" scope rings, and some other stuff. A few of these items were once plentiful, but all of them are now pretty much non-existent.
Thanks for the info! You've had some seriously awesome items in your collections. I've been jealous reading through the threads here and seeing the pictures. I'm beyond happy to have purchased mine when I did and to have one in my collection. When you say sterilized, I'm assuming that just means removing any markings on them?

Reactions: Mk13ModW
Thanks for the info! You've had some seriously awesome items in your collections. I've been jealous reading through the threads here and seeing the pictures. I'm beyond happy to have purchased mine when I did and to have one in my collection. When you say sterilized, I'm assuming that just means removing any markings on them?

Thank you, I appreciate the compliments! When they sterilized the kits, they removed all the information on the exterior of the cases (names, rank, serial numbers, units, logos, etc.). This was done by physically removing tags and stickers, or by covering up markings with black paint. Even though this was required for the dealers that got them, it really sucks that it was forced because it destroyed a lot of history. So, if you come across a nice Mod 5 kit that still has all of the information intact on the case, there's a decent chance that it was 1 of the 60 that I sold. However, that's not a guarantee that it was one of mine. There were quite a few empty cases sold on ebay back 5+ years ago that had all the markings intact, and a few guys who acquired cases from DRMO over the past few years (not from dealers) have gotten lucky with intact markings.

However, I understand why some of the cases were sterilized, after all, some of the names on the cases are from guys who are currently still enlisted. If you have a case with intact markings, just please respect the information on there. Don't dig too deep about the recent history and please give the active duty guys some space. If you do find out any information about any names on the cases, please don't post it online. The last thing collectors should be doing is doxing active military.

This isn't directed at you, I just wanted to put this out there for anyone reading my posts. Sometimes collectors get a little too eager with things, and it can get ridiculous.

Here's the Mk13 stuff I plan on listing for sale after Christmas, in case anyone wanted to see the kits:

20231206_211909.jpg

20231206_211926.jpg

20231206_212001.jpg

20231128_163334.jpg

20231128_164249.jpg

20231128_161553.jpg

Thank you, I appreciate the compliments! When they sterilized the kits, they removed all the information on the exterior of the cases (names, rank, serial numbers, units, logos, etc.). This was done by physically removing tags and stickers, or by covering up markings with black paint. Even though this was required for the dealers that got them, it really sucks that it was forced because it destroyed a lot of history. So, if you come across a nice Mod 5 kit that still has all of the information intact on the case, there's a decent chance that it was 1 of the 60 that I sold. However, that's not a guarantee that it was one of mine. There were quite a few empty cases sold on ebay back 5+ years ago that had all the markings intact, and a few guys who acquired cases from DRMO over the past few years (not from dealers) have gotten lucky with intact markings.

However, I understand why some of the cases were sterilized, after all, some of the names on the cases are from guys who are currently still enlisted. If you have a case with intact markings, just please respect the information on there. Don't dig too deep about the recent history and please give the active duty guys some space. If you do find out any information about any names on the cases, please don't post it online. The last thing collectors should be doing is doxing active military.

This isn't directed at you, I just wanted to put this out there for anyone reading my posts. Sometimes collectors get a little too eager with things, and it can get ridiculous.

Here's the Mk13 stuff I plan on listing for sale after Christmas, in case anyone wanted to see the kits:

View attachment 8302106
View attachment 8302108
View attachment 8302107
View attachment 8302109
View attachment 8302110
View attachment 8302111
Makes sense! I absolutely understand where you're coming from on that, and hopefully those that have the items with identification, keep it quiet.

Again, those kits you have are solid! I need to find a cleaning kit for my Mod 5, that's all I'm missing.

hard to say. If it was an imuns equipped AI chassis id say 99% a navy rifle as the army switched from remington mars mk13-5's to 2010's. The Remington mars mk13-5's were used by most of socom - navy / army / marsoc. Marsoc used the rem / mars mk13-5's the most recently out of the other groups - often using them concurrently with. mk13-7's. Navy also used mk13-5's concurrently with mod 7's but they were all stiller / imuns.

If you cant tell provenance and want to assign your own based on what is historically correct, the optic is really the thing that will define which group used it. They all used different optics at different time periods and that is how we can often identify provenance from a picture of a gun on a table without any other indicators.

hard to say. If it was an imuns equipped AI chassis id say 99% a navy rifle as the army switched from remington mars mk13-5's to 2010's. The Remington mars mk13-5's were used by most of socom - navy / army / marsoc. Marsoc used the rem / mars mk13-5's the most recently out of the other groups - often using them concurrently with. mk13-7's. Navy also used mk13-5's concurrently with mod 7's but they were all stiller / imuns.

If you cant tell provenance and want to assign your own based on what is historically correct, the optic is really the thing that will define which group used it. They all used different optics at different time periods and that is how we can often identify provenance from a picture of a gun on a table without any other indicators.
Thanks for the info! Awesome to learn all the history on these rifles. Happy to have it in the collection

MK13 mod 5 kit, what went in the Velcro strap spots on the top portion of the case?

Attachments

• IMG_3893.jpeg
    IMG_3893.jpeg
    802.8 KB · Views: 56
MK13 mod 5 kit, what went in the Velcro strap spots on the top portion of the case?
thats a stiller mod 5 case - so if thats the original case for your chassis, it likely would be a navy gun. Not uncommon to see stiller mod 5's in rem cases, and some rem mod5 in the stiller cases. u can put a box of ammo in that area.

Anyone looking for a PSQ23 STORM to fit your clones?

Attachments

• 324B9F33-14EE-4062-A1B7-F4422155C08A.jpeg
    324B9F33-14EE-4062-A1B7-F4422155C08A.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 70
Just curious, but didn’t the MK13 have a MIRS rail that came with a side port to be able to view the serial number on the side of the action?
I think you are referring to the MIRS Rev B rail. I’m sure that some later rifles may have used them but the early Mk13s used the Rev A, with no slotted view hole near the serial number.

Mk13 Mod 3's used the later 20 MOA rev B MIRS rails, which had the large cutout on the left side so that the rifle's serial number could be seen. @EM_556 is using an earlier 0 MOA MIRS rail, which didn't have the larger cutout, and is 100% correct for his Mod 0 build.
This - later mod 0 had rev B rails and the mod 3. Both mk13-0 and mk13-3 were used concurrently after the mod 3 was introduced.

hPwt50k.jpg
MK13.png