• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk 13 Mod 0 stock

I have a Mod 5'ish "inspired" build with:
Tac 300 (non Mk13)
FDE AICS that was milled by LRI for the stiller
MARS that was fit by LRI to fit the Stiller action
Mk13 X-treme Mod22 trigger
Lija barrel but doesn't have the correct Aardvark contour
Incorrect SureFire SFMB-762-5/8-24 brake
The ATACR and NF mount are not correct either

However, I received a very nice example of the issued kits yesterday. I'd like to get my build updated with better parts. The chassis was most likely assigned to Team 5 (picture below). I'd like to get a S&B MK13 Special Edition ($$$ though), or an older issued painted (well worn) NXS and the correct NF issued rings. I have Mil-Spec NXS 5-25 on my Mod0 return build that I could move to the Mod5, but that would be 100% "correct" either. My mil-spec has odd ZS HS 1/4 click turrets, so I am not sure what it is really for lol. I also have a S&B 5-25 that I could paint and distress but that would be a bad move as well.

I'm hopeful that @ilikebmxbikes, @0812guns , and other MK13 Guru's in this thread will chime in as to what they think would help elivate this Mod5 to the parts that the kit deserves. I'd be fine with an Army or Navy build, but rather have a Navy spec'd rifle. I may just prepare my bank account to copy the rifle as picture below with the fella in the blue jacket and ask for help to trackdown the correct parts.
You'll have to start over...
That barrel contour is too thin to be able to be reprofiled, nor is the action reusable. If it's the 'right' route that you want to take, as you said, you'll have to start over basically for the barreled action.

PM me, i know someone that has, or may still have S&B PMii PSR scopes below market.

Reactions: Mk13ModW
You'll have to start over...
That barrel contour is too thin to be able to be reprofiled, nor is the action reusable. If it's the 'right' route that you want to take, as you said, you'll have to start over basically for the barreled action.

PM me, i know someone that has, or may still have S&B PMii PSR scopes below market.
I will most likely shoot that barrel awhile longer and get a replacement on order to be ready for the swap redo. I wish I could tell if the one in the picture was a Stiller or remington action.

Thanks I will shoot you a PM.

Reactions: Mk13ModW
To pay the chassis respect, I’d start hunting for a mk13 action and get a new barrel spun up with The correct aardvark contour for a mk11 can. Lot of options for optics on a stiller / imuns. being a imuns chassis, id make a navy gun as the vast majority of them were navy.

IMG_4060.jpg

Mod 5 build coming together nicely!

I shot my mk13 this past weekend... I was wondering why the ammo was not matching up with the distance (in yards) that i was shooting at with the dope charts (found on some surplus stocks).

I had a bazinga moment on the way home, the chart is in meters... while i was calculating yards. Burned a couple boxes of mk248 kind of pointlessly, but i was able to happily hit 450 - 700 yards a handful of times consistently.

Unfortunately 750 yards and past to a mile had cattle and other livestock hanging around those targets.

Hi all. Does anyone have the specs or diagram for contouring a barrel for the Knights Mk11 suppressor? Thanks in advance!

Unique lefty MK13 stock!

Indeed, and I just realized that my cheekpiece screw is on the wrong side, lol. We know they issued Mk13 Mod 1's, but until now we haven't had one of those stocks in our hands. It has the L shape recoil lug cutout, so it's definitely a Mk13 stock. Probably a unique piece as a Mod 1 stock.

Since I'm not a lefty, I don't know if I want to keep this stock or sell to a lefty who needs it. Are there any left handed collectors/clone builders here in this thread that really need this stock to fill a hole in their collection?

Reactions: Kwtaylor
I don't know anything about these stocks and admit it, but I'm wondering; in the pictures it looks like the hole goes all the way through the stock. Will the threads of the cheekpiece screw fit from the other side too? Oh, NM I see that there is the cut out for the bolt handle on the left side, so it is strictly a lefty stock.

Can anyone tell me if this is what you all have been looking for. McMillan thinks it it a a3 with saddle cheek piece for a Remington sa.
they said from the pic it looks almost identical to a mark 13 mod 0 in a sa configuration. Ive had this scene 2000 and fairly used it. It was probably maybe 5 years older than when i obtained it from George Garner of GA Precision.
IMG_6500.jpeg

I finally got my two mk13's together and running! Thanks goes to usmcsgt0331, Bob at liberty arms and Robert at rwsgunsmithing. The mod 5 from rws is amazing!

Attachments

• 20230110_152313.jpg
    20230110_152313.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 164
  • 20230110_152227.jpg
    20230110_152227.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
  • 20230110_151216.jpg
    20230110_151216.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 170
Can anyone tell me if this is what you all have been looking for. McMillan thinks it it a a3 with saddle cheek piece for a Remington sa.
they said from the pic it looks almost identical to a mark 13 mod 0 in a sa configuration. Ive had this scene 2000 and fairly used it. It was probably maybe 5 years older than when i obtained it from George Garner of GA Precision.View attachment 8043789
That is an a3 for sure. You can tell by the flatter forend.

they said from the pic it looks almost identical to a mark 13 mod 0 in a sa configuration. Ive had this scene 2000 and fairly used it. It was probably maybe 5 years older than when i obtained it from George Garner of GA Precision.View attachment 8043789
Post a picture of the area forward of the magazine well on the bottom of the stock. If there's a screw there, it has the Crane lug.

I don't think I posted this yet, but I recently acquired an original Army used Mk13 Mod 2 chassis! I've never seen another Mod 2 takeoff chassis, so this is a very unique find. OD green AI AICS 2.0 legacy chassis are just rare in general. From what I've noticed, there's only about 1 of these green chassis per 50+ of the FDE Mod 5 chassis. Obviously I'm just making up these numbers, but this is a general observation. I've owned over 60 FDE Mod 5 chassis and I've seen a few hundred more sell on ebay and through dealers over the years. As for these green chassis, I own 2 of them and I know 2 people who each have 1. So, I've seen 4 green chassis out of the hundreds of FDE chassis over the years. These things are just flat out rare!

Here's a few pics of my Mod 2 build in my takeoff chassis (rack number 16 is engraved on it):

20230128_113342.jpg

20230128_113410.jpg

20230128_113439.jpg

Is anyone here doing a Mk13 Mod 2 build? Or would like to do a Mod 2 build but can't find the correct AICS 2.0 green chassis? Well, I can help with that! Since I just swapped out my civilian chassis for the Army used chassis, I now have a 100% clone correct Mk13 Mod 2 civilian purchased OD green AI AICS 2.0 legacy chassis for sale!

Since this isn't a sales thread, I'll just leave it at that (my post is mainly about my clone rifle and the awesome Army used chassis it now has, so this post is in line with this thread's topic). Please contact me if you're doing a Mod 2 build and need my old chassis for your build, the people in this thread have first dibs on it before I list it on Gunbroker!

Here's some photos of this Mod 2 chassis. Notice how it's the exact same as the DRMO Army Mod 2 chassis. If you're a Mk13 collector, you might want to save these photos to use as reference material in case you come across any other green Mod 2 chassis:

20230128_111704.jpg

20230128_111722.jpg

Attachments

• 20221008_181900.jpg
    20221008_181900.jpg
    880.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20221008_181832.jpg
    20221008_181832.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 20221008_181849.jpg
    20221008_181849.jpg
    913.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20221008_181822.jpg
    20221008_181822.jpg
    973 KB · Views: 71
I lust after a rifle in that chassis, but I bet it’s too rich for me. Beautiful clone btw. Thoroughly enjoy your research and posts.

@MarinePMI, if I could suggest 1 more thread to sticky in the Vintage Section, I'd like to see this Mk13 stock thread tacked up as well. This is actually an extremely important thread and it's what kicked off Mk13 collecting and clone building! Seeing the M40A1 thread get a sticky got me thinking about this thread that's been going solid for 6 years and 1,225 posts!

Before I started selling the Mk13 Mod 0 stocks, there were pretty much no Mk13 clones of any kind and most collectors didn't know much about any of the Mk13 rifles. I remember trying to search for Mk13 Mod 0 clone builds in the internet about 7+ years ago and I only found 1 or 2 builds (and they weren't to spec). If you read through the thread, you can see how we were trying to hammer out the exact specifications in these rifles, since nothing this detailed had ever been posted before.

The release of 155 Mod 0 stocks to the collector community allowed the Mk13 series to take off and this thread was a driving force. Those Mod 0 stocks got countless collectors and clone builders to study Mk13 history, and they soon wanted to build the other rifles in the series. This directly led to the massive success of the Mod 5 AICS 2.0 legacy chassis when they first became available en mass starting in 2018/19 on ebay and then again with a resurgence of them with parts dealers in the past 2 years.

The Mk13 series is probably the most widely collected bolt action sniper rifle clone (with many variations/Mods as well), and it all started right here with this one thread and only 1 guy selling used Mod 0 stocks!

Last edited:
@MarinePMI, if I could suggest 1 more thread to sticky in the Vintage Section, I'd like to see this Mk13 stock thread tacked up as well. This is actually an extremely important thread and it's what kicked off Mk13 collecting and clone building! Seeing the M40A1 thread get a sticky got me thinking about this thread that's been going solid for 6 years and 1,225 posts!

Before I started selling the Mk13 Mod 0 stocks, there were pretty much no Mk13 clones of any kind and most collectors didn't know much about any of the Mk13 rifles. I remember trying to search for Mk13 Mod 0 clone builds in the internet about 7+ years ago and I only found 1 or 2 builds (and they weren't to spec). If you read through the thread, you can see how we were trying to hammer out the exact specifications in these rifles, since nothing this detailed had ever been posted before.

The release of 155 Mod 0 stocks to the collector community allowed the Mk13 series to take off and this thread was a driving force. Those Mod 0 stocks got countless collectors and clone builders to study Mk13 history, and they soon wanted to build the other rifles in the series. This directly led to the massive success of the Mod 5 AICS 2.0 legacy chassis when they first became available en mass starting in 2018/19 on ebay and then again with a resurgence of them with parts dealers in the past 2 years.

The Mk13 series is probably the most widely collected bolt action sniper rifle clone (with many variations/Mods as well), and it all started right here with this one thread and only 1 guy selling used Mod 0 stocks!
Agreed

@MarinePMI This should absolutely be pinned in the vintage section

I've seen 2 Mk13 Mod 2 chassis at Perry a couple years back. They were NOS for sure. No signs of use. I didn't see if they were engraved. The guy selling them told me they were from Crane.

Reactions: USMCSGT0331

Done.

I was going to say I'm with usmcsgt0331 on this! I fully put 200% of the blame on him for my addiction to the mk13. The history behind each build and mod is enough to get you into it. Plus, he is a wealth of information on the different mods.

Reactions: USMCSGT0331
I was going to say I'm with usmcsgt0331 on this! I fully put 200% of the blame on him for my addiction to the mk13. The history behind each build and mod is enough to get you into it. Plus, he is a wealth of information on the different mods.
I blame the late Paul "Dobber" Burdette for my attraction to these rifles. He was a Crane rifle armorer (pre-SOCOM contract management at Crane) and a couple times he handed me one of the NSWDG rifles and a box of ammo to group test at 300 following his working on them. This was during the weekend between Fleet and All-Navy matches in the very early 90s. Rifles would shoot 1.5-2" groups at 300yds slung in on a sandbag. Seems to me the ammo back then was white-box contract Winchester 180 or 190gr.

@MarinePMI, thank you very much for making this thread a sticky, it's probably one of the most important threads on this forum! Also, thank you everyone who also commented on this and wanted the this thread to be tacked to the top of this section. I appreciate the kind words as well, it's been a pleasure working with all of you guys on various Mk13 builds and other rifles!

When I first got all the Mk13 Mod 0 stocks around 7 years ago, I didn't have a clue that it would turn out to be this popular and kick off an entirely new rifle series of military rifles for people to collect! It's been a lot of hard work, but these original items have been successfully documented and preserved for future generations, and cloners have been building some amazing rifles with these original parts!

In total, I had about 155 Mod 0 stocks and about 65 Mod 5 chassis. I probably kept a dozen stocks/chassis, so in the end I was able to provide over 200 Mod 0/Mod 5 kits to collectors! It's been a pretty wild ride, and it's all because of this forum thread and dedicated collectors like yourselves!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here before, but here's a cool piece of information for the guys with the original certificates of authenticity that came with the Mod 0 stocks. Take your COA and hold it up to a light, then look very carefully at the 2 crossed Mk13 Mod 0's that are the certificate's watermark. The rifle on the left has a bolt handle and cheekpiece screw visible, whereas the rifle on the right doesn't. I designed and drew this crossed rifle watermark by hand and submitted it to the company that made the certificates for me.

I spent a week arguing with them about how detailed they could make the watermark. I wanted it to be as accurate as possible and have it show up as 2 crossed rifles with the proper details on each side of the rifles. The company would send me examples of the watermark with each change that I requested. They were finally able to get the watermark the way I wanted it and the guy at the certificate company was even surprised that they were able to incorporate a few of these details (he didn't think it was possible to do so).

I just wanted everything to be perfect and the certificates turned out exactly like I imagined them! I wanted to make sure that they could never be replicated or faked, like the COA's that came with the McMillan return USMC M40A1 stocks. An guy in CA with a pretty poor reputation in the M40 collecting community actually made fake M40A1 return stock COA's, I actually have one in my collection. Stuff like that always bothered me, so the solution was to make an legit COA from a company that specializes in them and add security features.

In addition to the watermark, Kelly McMillan hand signed every single COA and added the date he signed them. Kelly was a great guy and I wish he was still with us. He told me that signing all those COA's really hurt his hand and that he had carpel tunnel surgery scheduled for the following week (surgery was already on the schedule, it wasn't caused by signing these certificates). He still powered through the pain because he knew how important it was to document these pieces of history.

He was planning on signing these certificates for free and he never asked me for anything in return. However, I wanted to thank him for his time and I sent him an amazing Mk13 stock for his collection! It was painted up, had a matching MIRS rail and bolt, etc. It was an awesome kit! He put it in one of the display cases where he kept the other pieces of McMillan history, like the demilled M40A1 the Marine Corps presented to his father. I wonder what happened to that Mod 0 kit after he passed and the company was sold. If anyone here knows where it ended up, please let us know and post some photos (I don't think I have any photos of his stock).

So, Kelly McMillan signed and dated every single certificate that I sold with these Mod 0 stocks. I was the person who wrote the serial number on each one of the certificates. I had Kelly leave that portion blank, because I didn't have a serial number list for all of the stocks. Whenever I pulled out a stock to sell, I also grabbed a certificate that was signed/dated by Kelly and I wrote in the stock's serial number (the last 4 digits of the rifle's receiver, which was written in the barrel channel of each stock). I even used the exact same blue pen that Kelly used to sign/date all of the certificates! No joke, I literally had him send me the pen he used so that all of the ink on the certificates was the exact same! I thought you guys would find this stuff interesting, so hopefully you all enjoyed reading this post.

Heres 2 photos that I don't think I've ever posted. This is from when I purchased all of the Mod 0 stocks from the guy who bought them all from the government. He owns a business and had all of these stocks arranged on some shelves in his warehouse. The labels on the shelves were from the items that were previously housed on those shelves, before he had his employees put the Mk13 stocks there.

IMG950891.jpg

IMG950892.jpg

I've been looking through my old emails and camera memory cards, I just realized that I have a ton of old photos from when I was originally selling these stock kits! Would you guys be interested in me doing a photo dump of all those old photos? It would be dozens of pics of the Mk13 Mod 0 stocks, you guys will definitely be able to see the ones you currently own in those photos!

Let me know if you guys are interested in seeing these Mk13 photos. If you guys want to see them, I'll post as many as I can!

@MarinePMI, thank you very much for making this thread a sticky, it's probably one of the most important threads on this forum! Also, thank you everyone who also commented on this and wanted the this thread to be tacked to the top of this section. I appreciate the kind words as well, it's been a pleasure working with all of you guys on various Mk13 builds and other rifles!

When I first got all the Mk13 Mod 0 stocks around 7 years ago, I didn't have a clue that it would turn out to be this popular and kick off an entirely new rifle series of military rifles for people to collect! It's been a lot of hard work, but these original items have been successfully documented and preserved for future generations, and cloners have been building some amazing rifles with these original parts!

In total, I had about 155 Mod 0 stocks and about 65 Mod 5 chassis. I probably kept a dozen stocks/chassis, so in the end I was able to provide over 200 Mod 0/Mod 5 kits to collectors! It's been a pretty wild ride, and it's all because of this forum thread and dedicated collectors like yourselves!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here before, but here's a cool piece of information for the guys with the original certificates of authenticity that came with the Mod 0 stocks. Take your COA and hold it up to a light, then look very carefully at the 2 crossed Mk13 Mod 0's that are the certificate's watermark. The rifle on the left has a bolt handle and cheekpiece screw visible, whereas the rifle on the right doesn't. I designed and drew this crossed rifle watermark by hand and submitted it to the company that made the certificates for me.

I spent a week arguing with them about how detailed they could make the watermark. I wanted it to be as accurate as possible and have it show up as 2 crossed rifles with the proper details on each side of the rifles. The company would send me examples of the watermark with each change that I requested. They were finally able to get the watermark the way I wanted it and the guy at the certificate company was even surprised that they were able to incorporate a few of these details (he didn't think it was possible to do so).

I just wanted everything to be perfect and the certificates turned out exactly like I imagined them! I wanted to make sure that they could never be replicated or faked, like the COA's that came with the McMillan return USMC M40A1 stocks. An guy in CA with a pretty poor reputation in the M40 collecting community actually made fake M40A1 return stock COA's, I actually have one in my collection. Stuff like that always bothered me, so the solution was to make an legit COA from a company that specializes in them and add security features.

In addition to the watermark, Kelly McMillan hand signed every single COA and added the date he signed them. Kelly was a great guy and I wish he was still with us. He told me that signing all those COA's really hurt his hand and that he had carpel tunnel surgery scheduled for the following week (surgery was already on the schedule, it wasn't caused by signing these certificates). He still powered through the pain because he knew how important it was to document these pieces of history.

He was planning on signing these certificates for free and he never asked me for anything in return. However, I wanted to thank him for his time and I sent him an amazing Mk13 stock for his collection! It was painted up, had a matching MIRS rail and bolt, etc. It was an awesome kit! He put it in one of the display cases where he kept the other pieces of McMillan history, like the demilled M40A1 the Marine Corps presented to his father. I wonder what happened to that Mod 0 kit after he passed and the company was sold. If anyone here knows where it ended up, please let us know and post some photos (I don't think I have any photos of his stock).

So, Kelly McMillan signed and dated every single certificate that I sold with these Mod 0 stocks. I was the person who wrote the serial number on each one of the certificates. I had Kelly leave that portion blank, because I didn't have a serial number list for all of the stocks. Whenever I pulled out a stock to sell, I also grabbed a certificate that was signed/dated by Kelly and I wrote in the stock's serial number (the last 4 digits of the rifle's receiver, which was written in the barrel channel of each stock). I even used the exact same blue pen that Kelly used to sign/date all of the certificates! No joke, I literally had him send me the pen he used so that all of the ink on the certificates was the exact same! I thought you guys would find this stuff interesting, so hopefully you all enjoyed reading this post.

Heres 2 photos that I don't think I've ever posted. This is from when I purchased all of the Mod 0 stocks from the guy who bought them all from the government. He owns a business and had all of these stocks arranged on some shelves in his warehouse. The labels on the shelves were from the items that were previously housed on those shelves, before he had his employees put the Mk13 stocks there.

View attachment 8062312
View attachment 8062315

I've been looking through my old emails and camera memory cards, I just realized that I have a ton of old photos from when I was originally selling these stock kits! Would you guys be interested in me doing a photo dump of all those old photos? It would be dozens of pics of the Mk13 Mod 0 stocks, you guys will definitely be able to see the ones you currently own in those photos!

Let me know if you guys are interested in seeing these Mk13 photos. If you guys want to see them, I'll post as many as I can!
Would love to see the photos from all the listings. Id be curious looking back what other information we can gather and what stocks we can match to photos of them in service.

The buddy who built my 700/300 just finished this mod0 up. Started as another return kit. This one is for one of his old team guys when he was a Zulu. The owners went on to fly Apaches when he left the teams. Certainly won’t be the first one he’s used, but this one is his. Could not be going to a more deserving man.

I just loaded up 50 rounds of 190s for break in and zeroing. Another one come back to life because of the work right here….

5D441C2F-DAB2-4951-AE63-3A4CBD3245BB.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi all,Does anyone have a spare adjustment knob for cheek riser on the MK13 Mod 0 stock, im finally building my return stock up but im missing that knob, McMillan said sorry they dont have any.

please let me know

cheers

Will

Hi all,Does anyone have a spare adjustment knob for cheek riser on the MK13 Mod 0 stock, im finally building my return stock up but im missing that knob, McMillan said sorry they dont have any.

please let me know

cheers

Will
Will
I possibly do. PM me tomorrow and will be in shop to see if still available

Will found it!!! 2/20

Attachments

• 7D298FF2-E473-4C6F-8DE5-EBE67519BAF9.jpeg
    7D298FF2-E473-4C6F-8DE5-EBE67519BAF9.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Will
I possibly do. PM me tomorrow and will be in shop to see if still available

Will found it!!! 2/20/23

it arrived the puzzle is complete , now to find a builder to wack it all together, thanks again mate

Attachments

• E5AA5BF9-17C2-4698-AF58-C760B887C52C.jpeg
    E5AA5BF9-17C2-4698-AF58-C760B887C52C.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 59
  • 08D9EB4F-0AA8-4C62-AF9E-B938A81E6356.jpeg
    08D9EB4F-0AA8-4C62-AF9E-B938A81E6356.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 56
Just need to find an M24 base. I think I’m ready to finish is up. The Douglas I had made still shoots good but I’m at about 800 rounds so when I get the Lilja spun on I’m changing the base if I can find one. I’m not going to find a mile range here so I’m through waiting.

I may also have access to a couple more of the L shape recoil lugs. If that comes to pass I’ll let you know.

Edit: didn’t want the mods to think I’m breaking the rules.

Last edited: