• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk 13 Mod 0 stock

Waiting on Dan Ross to finish mine. My ultimate goal was to hit 1 mile, so I went with the 32x after reading Kyle used it on his in his book for the added magnification at that distance. Went through Nightforce Mil/Leo discount program so all sales were final. Not realizing with the increase in magnification came decrease in total moa elevation travel. So with only 65moa total, 32.5 up and down...that'll get me out to about 1100yds before maxing out. So I hunted down a 20moa revB MIRS rail and made a trade for my 0moa. From what I understand, the revB has the window cutout for serial numbers on the action. Was concerned that this was not clone correct, but found a rifle in the wild with that window so I'm gtg. According to my calculations, with using the reticle for holding over...I should be able to push it to a mile with that scope and added 20moa. Wish these rifles had a detachable mag. Sick of loading my M24.

Does anyone know what the donut is, or does, on the Mod 3 barrel? The notches for the Mk11 can are in front of the donut, so it doesn't look like it's necessary for indexing the can. Is it part of the barrel or is it something attached to the barrel? It almost looks like a Mk11 gas block was pinned to the barrel. Looks like the barrel in front of the donut is finished straight, not like the Mod 5 taper.

Its for indexing the mk11 can. Whatever barrel contour was used with the donut was too thin, so the barrel could not be contoured for the can. You have any pics of the donut being used in the wild? Or just on DD Ross's rifles built for American Sniper?

How are everyone's builds coming along?

VjqWoVT.jpg

eaW3gQH.jpg

Got my stock in today and have a barrel ordered. Just need to find a donor rifle/action. If anyone has one for sale hit me up.

Still some nice stocks left if anyone is considering one. Ryan was super easy to work with.

Last edited:
Got my stock in today and have a barrel ordered. Just need to find a donor rifle/action. If anyone has one for sale hit me up.

Still some one nice stocks left if anyone is considering one. Ryan was super easy to work with.

Congrats, any pics of your stock?

[No message]

Attachments

• photo86311.jpg
    photo86311.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 178
  • photo86312.jpg
    photo86312.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: OG10
Great looking paint John.... the charts are cool too.

Here is what I have so far... I'm waiting on the Lilja tube to come in and then I will send it off to be built . Oh, I also have a 1995 Leupold Mk4 10x M1 to go on top. Not sure what rings I will use though.

Attachments

• photo86313.jpg
    photo86313.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 172
Nice! I’ll have paint my rail myself if decide I want painted. Lilja told me 8 weeks on a barrel so that gives me time to find a donor. I haven’t sorted out scope/rings yet.

Nice! I’ll have paint my rail myself if decide I want painted. Lilja told me 8 weeks on a barrel so that gives me time to find a donor. I haven’t sorted out scope/rings yet.

I received an email last night that my barrel should ship by the end of the week.

Who will build your rifle?

My Lilja barrel came in yesterday... it was the last piece that I needed.

I've decided that I will use the 5.5-22x56
Mil-Spec scope. I will use the mk4 10 M1 on something else.

I've notice that of the two MIRS that I have, one has a serial number slot whereas the other has a smaller hole. I will use the one with the larger hole. Neither are stamped RevB/20moa.

Attachments

• 2018-01-20_10-14-47.jpg
    2018-01-20_10-14-47.jpg
    765.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 2018-01-20_10-14-01.jpg
    2018-01-20_10-14-01.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 2018-01-20_10-14-25.jpg
    2018-01-20_10-14-25.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 2018-01-20_10-14-12.jpg
    2018-01-20_10-14-12.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 221
Talked to Alan today... he has had some health issues that kept him out of the shop. But he'es back at it. Had hoped to have the Mk13 done for December, but now looking like next month.

In April, I'll be visiting a buddy of mine who is now retired from 5th Group and was a sniper instructor for many years. We were roommates in the early 1990's. I hope to have the rifle ready to take down to Campbell and shoot with him! If I get it in Feb, I can put a couple of hundred cases through it... fire-form them and make up an accuracy load before heading down!

Good things come to those who wait!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: Pinmaster
I think he may be rubbing it in a bit with the case :D
I got extremely lucky. Anybody out there happen to have stock #5660?

Lets see some pics, guys. Photobucket ate a lot of good stuff.

I got extremely lucky. Anybody out there happen to have stock #5660?

Lets see some pics, guys. Photobucket ate a lot of good stuff.

It will be a while before I will be able to post anymore pics.... my parts are in a pile in Bloomfield, IN

I'm always a little late to the party for things in life, this being no exception.

Looks like I need to come up with a good Win Mag recipe :rolleyes:

I am also (hopefully) having Alan Brown assemble my rifle as Sirhr visits with him today.

If anyone wants to get saucy with barrel options (Mod 0 / 5 / 7), Carson Lilja has supplied me with the links to their technical specs for the barrels on their website. The wait time on the Mod 0s and 5s are about 12 weeks, whereas the 7s are kept on hand.

Besides a 0.5" increase in the chamber surface and a slight taper in the last 2" of the barrel, the Mod 7 and Mod 0 are virtually identical. I may opt for the Mod 7 so I am not waiting 3 months for the barrel, depending on Alan's approval of it working in the stock.

Huge shout out to USMCSGT0331 for being a) generally great guy who has a passion for these rifles and b) an awesome individual to do business with. Highly recommend for the future.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/c1.staticflickr.com\/5\/4195\/35369126946_0159c4c465_b.jpg"}[/IMG2]1 by ScooterFJ40, on Flickr

I'm about to get one of the return stocks and build up a Mod 0. I want the barrel to have the correct contour to work with the L shaped recoil lug. What dimensions does the Mod 0 barrel use? What have you guys done for your Mod 0 barrels?

it's called the tactical profile. This is for the 700/300 and the MK13 Mod0s.

Lilia also stocks the mk13 profile, which is for the mk13 mod7. It's heavier, so make sure you don't order that if you are duplicating the mod0.

If you're not 100% set on an authentic clone and have your own preference of barrel, the contour chart shows the dimensions. The tenon on for the recoil lug is no different than any other lug.

http://riflebarrels.com/barrel-contour-data/

Last edited:
Any updates on your build? Mine is somewhere behind yours in Alan's shop.

You must have mistaken me for someone cool.

No Mk 13 build for me.

I am having a Model 70 built though that is the subject of another thread.

Rubbing it in a bit????

Bastards... Buffalo and I are still waiting for our cases. We're entitled...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Speaking of cases, I managed to score a few Mod 5 cases to go with the Mod 0 cases :)

1cM6DKK.jpg

6e4Bi7q.jpg

9Vj8EFv.jpg

A buddy of mine just got his rifle back from Alan, I'll try to get some pics of it to post on here. Anyone else doinv anything with the Mod 0's?

I'm beginning to understand how you have the means to actually snatch this stuff up when your secret squirrel contacts come through. Good on you man, that is a nice view and another nice pick up.

I'm beginning to understand how you have the means to actually snatch this stuff up when your secret squirrel contacts come through. Good on you man, that is a nice view and another nice pick up.

I dont know....kind of looks like it might be a little tough to walk around with your balls hanging free if you choose to do so and care what the neighbors think.

I dont know....kind of looks like it might be a little tough to walk around with your balls hanging free if you choose to do so and care what the neighbors think.

Care what the neighbors think?

Good point fuck the neighbors.

On a good day Rahm E would walk buy and you could flash him the moon.

See, now I know something is awry. You shoot at Ft. Devens so I seriously doubt you live in Shitcago...

This an angle to get 0311 to give up some of them cases? Some form of psyops?

See, now I know something is awry. You shoot at Ft. Devens so I seriously doubt you live in Shitcago...

This an angle to get 0311 to give up some of them cases? Some form of psyops?

No angles.

Though I covet many of the Sgts post offerings big bulky boxes and rifles with cartridges that require reloading at well beyond the capacity of 30-06 are not on my radar.

But if he knows anyone that can build a nice M40 from parts I have on hand................

No I consider myself fortunate to live where I am not Chicago. I salute the good Sgt choosing to sacrifice himself as the one seed normal person hoping to change the culture of that place. If anyone can do it Im sure he can.

There was one last version I wanted and that is the early MK13 MOD0. The Top MK13 MOD 0 is the later version
DSC02009_MODIFIED.jpg
with the tan stock, NF Optic, MIRS, etc.. The Bottom MK13 MOD0 is the early version with the gray stock. There was very little configuration management of the early platforms. In fact, these rifles were listed as, " Remington M-700, 300 Win Mag'. This rifle, SN C6,64X has the Ultra M1-A Optic, Ultra Rings, Early Simrad Cap, and mount manufactured either at NSW or a machine shop near by.

There was one last version I wanted and that is the early MK13 MOD0. The Top MK13 MOD 0 is the later versionView attachment 6888487 with the tan stock, NF Optic, MIRS, etc.. The Bottom MK13 MOD0 is the early version with the gray stock. There was very little configuration management of the early platforms. In fact, these rifles were listed as, " Remington M-700, 300 Win Mag'. This rifle, SN C6,64X has the Ultra M1-A Optic, Ultra Rings, Early Simrad Cap, and mount manufactured either at NSW or a machine shop near by.

The 700/300 was IMO the best of the breed, but I'm bias as that's what I chose to build, though I have a green mod7 with correct contiguous rail and mk13 Stiller as well.

For me it came down to two things, the cheek weld and K.I.S.S. I am not gonna hang a bunch of shit off a 17# rifle and I can lay behind it comfortably without adjusting (or even needing) the cheek piece. It's a simpler platform and the 140MOA of the Mk4 16x allows it to be used as far as you care to engage before you call for fire. It's so close to the mod0 that it can be converted with 4 screws and a rail, but I love it as is.

I have kicked around building a mod5, but I am not comfortable behind the mod7 AX chassis and I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on buying a 2.0 stock and MIRS rail before I get behind one and see if I like it better.

You have quite a collection. Hopefully, you have time to run 'em regularly.

Do you have a favorite? If so, what is it that puts it on top?

Last edited:
I like the M700/300, MK13 Mod0 version. Classic! I travel too much to enjoy much of anything right now.

Trying to complete each deployment kit.

Attachments

• DSC02110.jpg
    DSC02110.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC02115.jpg
    DSC02115.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC02116.jpg
    DSC02116.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC02105.jpg
    DSC02105.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 233
Reactions: OFIS and Bekicm
Excellent work. I like the Mod 7 case.

Here's a packing list for a Mod 5 deployment kit.
WinFBK7.jpg

Reactions: OFIS
I like the packing list. Do you know where I could get the Black Nylon Tool Case (SK-1)?. The MOD7 also calls for this case.

Regards,

J