• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk 13 Mod 0 stock

You guys are ridiculous, lol. All PM'S, emails and text messages have been responded to. None of these stocks are for sale, they're all in my personal collection. You've all been sharing your stocks, so I figured you guys might like to see the stuff I kept. Sorry about any confusion regarding the pics I posted.

A member here bought my last painted stock a few weeks back, it was listed in the classifieds section. Even though I don't have any painted stocks available, I still have some grey and tan stocks for sale. I'm planning on listing a few of these stocks online, but please shoot me a PM if you're interested in one.

I really appreciate the support you guys have given me over the past year and I love seeing these stocks being used on your builds! Please keep the pics and info flowing, this has been an awesome thread to follow!

USMCGT0331 How many stocks were turned in and are out in the wild?
I am proud to own one.. and it will remain in my collection forever.

You guys are ridiculous, lol. All PM'S, emails and text messages have been responded to. None of these stocks are for sale, they're all in my personal collection. You've all been sharing your stocks, so I figured you guys might like to see the stuff I kept. Sorry about any confusion regarding the pics I posted.

A member here bought my last painted stock a few weeks back, it was listed in the classifieds section. Even though I don't have any painted stocks available, I still have some grey and tan stocks for sale. I'm planning on listing a few of these stocks online, but please shoot me a PM if you're interested in one.

I really appreciate the support you guys have given me over the past year and I love seeing these stocks being used on your builds! Please keep the pics and info flowing, this has been an awesome thread to follow!

How about some cases???? @buffalowinter and I are still waiting patiently, my friend. Very patiently....

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: Triggered
USMCGT0331 How many stocks were turned in and are out in the wild?
I am proud to own one.. and it will remain in my collection forever.

You definitely should be proud of that one, it's a great stock and a beautiful build! I'm jealous, I don't even have a Mod 0 built yet!

To clarify, these stocks were never "turned in" or are "returns" like the M40A1 stock that McMillan sold about a decade ago. For the A1 stocks, people call them "return stocks" because the USMC traded them in (returned) to McMillan for new A4 stocks.

These Mk13 stocks were never returned to McMillan, so they aren't "return" or "turn ins" or anything else along those lines. A friend had purchased everything from a DRMO sale, then offered to sell it to another friend and myself a few months later. The 2 of us purchased the Mod 0 lot and I ended up buy out my friend's portion a few weeks later. After purchasing all the stocks and parts, I reached out to Kelly McMillan and asked for his help.

He verified that these are McMillan stocks that were legally purchased directly from the government. He also confirmed that these stocks were sent to Crane for use in the Mk13 program. With this knowledge in hand, I had custom certificates of authenticity made to my specs. I designed them, did the write-up and I created the crossed Mk13 watermark. My goal was absolute security and to ensure that these certificates could not be faked. Additionally, there aren't any extra certs, just 1 cert for each stock. Kelly also volunteered to sign and date every single COA, and I numbered the certs to each stock. I am truly grateful for his assistance with this project and he was more than happy to help! Kelly is a great guy and he really cares about our community.

Please don't take my post the wrong way, I'm not trying to criticize you or anyone else. I've heard this "return stock" nomenclature over the past year from dozens of people and figured I'd finally address it. I'd certainly prefer it if people just referred to these as Mod 0 stocks or something like that, and leave out any "return" naming. It's nitpicky, but it's historically accurate.

And now I'm finally going to answer your question, lol. After all the stocks sell, I'll probably release information on them (obviously nothing about the sales and the buyers). I'd like to put out a serial number list, what the fiberglass color is and if the stock was painted. I value my buyer's privacy, so I won't share anything further than this.

I hope this clarifies some stuff and answers your question.

Last edited:
WELL Well well what do we have here. And to think he was just spray painting these on his deck! @USMCSGT0331 don't worry finders fee has all ready been paid in full!

Attachments

• 20181018_075018.jpg
    20181018_075018.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 20181018_074935.jpg
    20181018_074935.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 399
WELL Well well what do we have here. And to think he was just spray painting these on his deck! @USMCSGT0331 don't worry finders fee has all ready been paid in full!

Holy shit! I can't believe you found that pic and that the stock matches up! Thank you very much for sharing that with us! I just did a search for SEALs at Tal Afar and found some great info. The provenance of this stock is astonishing and unquestionable, it was there in Tal Afar during an extremely important event in Iraq's modern history! Please take the time to read the link below, it's a pretty amazing story!

https://www.worldhistory.biz/sundri...toman-castle-and-a-syrian-sniper-saw-iii.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tal_Afar_(2005)

Unreal.... that stock is beyond cool!!!

Who has it now?

That is some incredible research and an ironclad provenance on a real piece of military history! Well done!

Cheers,

Sirhr

It truly is an amazing piece of history and it's easily the most historical/desirable Mod 0 stock in private hands! It's in my collection and it will remain here for a very long time. If you look closely at the picture with the sniper, you can see that the stock originally had a Kick-EEZ shotgun pad on it.

Since there wasn't a muzzle brake or silencer on the Mod 0 to help mitigate recoil, these soft shotgun pads were the next best thing when constantly engaging in a target rich environment. I plan on swapping the current pad out with a Kick-EEZ pad when I have time.

I have a grey stock listed in the PX right now and it would be a great foundation for doing a clone build of this exact rifle. It already haz a Kick-EEZ pad, so all it needs is some paint! Since the grey stock is just bare fiberglass, you won't have to worry about painting over original sniper camo paint.

Starting to feel like a broken record here, but I still have not heard a peep from AJ Brown despite either giving a call or email for the last several weeks.

Have already given up the idea of having the rifle for hunting this season.

Not sure if anyone has had contact lately with him. I’m at 13 months and I know others have waited less than that...

Hopefully by Christmas at this point :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that Triggered.... did you send all of the parts at the same time? So he doesn't answer your calls or emails?

Affirmative. All components were sent in early September of last year. We had spoke on the phone several times and exchanged a handful of emails. Last reply I had from him was the beginning of this year when he stated build times for the time period were around 9 months.

I called once or twice this summer to no avail. I've called another two times with about 2-3 weeks between each; two emails as well.

Zero in return.

He went dark on me a couple of times... relax. He will get it done. He was almost a year on mine... well a year me waiting my turn. The sudden bunch of stocks on the market has upped his already huge backlog. And the man hunts in the fall. Gotta let him have his vacations too. It will get done. You will be happy beyond words. In all things snipery... we must first have patience. It is like our zen!!!

Cheers, Sirhr

Its the sucky part about a great builder but if he wasnt great there would be no wait.

I too am getting near the end of my build. Does anyone know if the Rem actions are the typical blued Rem finish or do they have an alternate coating on them? At the end of the day, whether you build or have built, it's a labor of love and the time is worth it.

I believe that Alan bead blasted my barrel and the action looks to be parkerized light grey. I can take pictures for you if you would like to see them.

That photo @spooledup posted is from the book "SEALs: The US Navy's Elite Fighting Force" <--- unaffiliated hot link, but buy this book, it's awesome!

Check out this photo:

Kinda hard to see, but I think this also might be a pic of the stock

So I can't post the name or the unit here... but I am sending a PM to 0331... I have the name of the Seal who carried that rifle and was in the picture. From one of his team-mates who is a friend. Sending the info in a PM now and 0331... you are free to contact him via e-mail and get the story.

Whatever you are allowed to share... don't forget to post to us here!

This has the makings of a really, really neat story!

PM Inbound.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: Henok
Just to bump this up... Any updates on MK13 builds?

Mine from a range trip on Sunday. I zero'd it at 100, stepped it out to 600 yards then the 1,000 steel plate. At 600 5 shots was a little larger than the size of my fist.

15 months and counting; was hoping it would be under the Christmas tree this year.

Hope you all have a great holiday!

So based on what pictures I could find an some memories of visits to Navy Crane back in the '90s and early 2000's... here is my case.

Thanks to Kuparj!

Inside is still a work in progress. Letting the rifle 'sink in' a bit. These cases did not get cut.

1546290208946.png

1546290284072.png

Extra points for anyone who can ID the 'issuees' on the 100 MPH tape.

Last... it needs more dents. But they'll come with time. Not going to drag it behind the ATV!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Tape is plain old Army green 100 MPH tape. The same stuff the air force uses, but they call it 1000 mile per hour tape. NASA uses it, too. They call it 17,500 Mile per hour tape.... It looks lighter on the photos than in real life.

Cheers,

Sirhr
We called it 100 mph tape...from the early '80's. "hunderd mile an hour tape"

The yellow shit on the end looks like carpet tape (double sided adhesive tape) with the backing left on one side?

Last edited:
His box will get its revenge the first time he carries it to the truck, loaded out as a deployment kit.?

As always, nice work.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
NSW in Iraq with an early Mk13 with Leupold/SIMRAD cap setup.
OseCxdI.jpg

If anyone has a Mk13 stock and rail with matching paint that they want to let go, hit me up.

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-03-03-20-15-15~2.png
    Capture+_2019-03-03-20-15-15~2.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 200
Reactions: Pinmaster
Stubbled across the stock at gun show after I built the rifle. Not correct at all but didn’t intend it to be a mk13 clone but couldn’t pass up the stock

Attachments

• 78C7B89F-4354-4612-9160-357F9B25BC37.jpeg
    78C7B89F-4354-4612-9160-357F9B25BC37.jpeg
    957.6 KB · Views: 227
  • C9AD4870-9D6A-43BA-8594-0D1D97B4AEF5.jpeg
    C9AD4870-9D6A-43BA-8594-0D1D97B4AEF5.jpeg
    936.2 KB · Views: 239
I sent Alan my stuff in Oct of '17. I haven't heard a thing from him and I have called and FB messaged him several times. He is still breathing correct?

I sent Alan my stuff in Oct of '17. I haven't heard a thing from him and I have called and FB messaged him several times. He is still breathing correct?
He is and you are in good hands!

I think the last number I heard was that he is at something like a 19 month backlog. Part of the backlog is not just the Mk 13 variants, but the Mk12 and/or Mk 10 (SASS??? — is that the acronym???) variants that everyone and their cousin wants because seals had them.... and are ordering left and right.

Alan’s guns are the hot ticket right now and I believe will continue to be in the future. Long wait, but in the end you have something that is as close to being boney-fide... as it gets.

Cheers, Sirhr

I just find it strange that when I sent the parts, I was quoted a 6 month lead time. Then it got extended due to illness which is fine. Members on here receive their rifles from the same time period I sent mine and I still continue to wait. I don't want to get lost in the shuffle of parts around the workshop due to some unforeseen mistake.

I sent Alan my parts in July 2017 so like 21 months so far for me. Talked to him on the phone back in October and emailed him to get the payment out of the way in January because I was tired of it hanging out in my savings account.

I just sent my Remington 700 Police along with my MARS rail and other bits and pieces to the smith, where I have a custom Jury barrel with mk13mod5 barrel profile wating for me. Good times a head.

Im guessing it will be a few months before its done, but thats ok. It wont be a full on clone build as I cant get a KAC suppressor, and my AICS AT chassis has the newer stock sides. But it will be as close as I can get it, for a resonable amount of money here in Sweden.

I just sent my Remington 700 Police along with my MARS rail and other bits and pieces to the smith, where I have a custom Jury barrel with mk13mod5 barrel profile wating for me. Good times a head.

Im guessing it will be a few months before its done, but thats ok. It wont be a full on clone build as I cant get a KAC suppressor, and my AICS AT chassis has the newer stock sides. But it will be as close as I can get it, for a resonable amount of money here in Sweden.

Looking forward to seeing it. Assuming you are allowed suppressors, can you contract a "clone" from one of your local companies? Would likely be lighter, and have one of their stacks but I'm sure they could make it look/hook up the same. Not sure it would be 100% worth it, but if you're ready sporting an Ardvark dick......

Looking forward to seeing it. Assuming you are allowed suppressors, can you contract a "clone" from one of your local companies? Would likely be lighter, and have one of their stacks but I'm sure they could make it look/hook up the same. Not sure it would be 100% worth it, but if you're ready sporting an Ardvark dick......

I do have suppressors but getting a copy of the KAC suppressor made sounds crazy expensive and complicated. My barrel has the standard mk13mod5 profile, not the aardvark dick style. The suppressors I have are direct thread and one of them is pretty similar to the slimmer profile of the KAC can. It's the one I have used on the rifle prior to the rebuild.

Reactions: FatBoy
I just got word that my Mark13mod5(ish) build is done and the smith handed the box over to the post office today. With a little luck it will be here tomorrow.
Damn, I was told that it would be 3-4 months initially and now it will be back in just shy of a month. Awesome is the word!

I know its not a true clone build, but it is as close as I can get it for a resonable amount of money (by no means cheap).
My Mk 13 mod5 (-ish) build:

Remington 700 LA, RR prefix full blueprint.
Accuracy international AT chassis.
Remington MARS rail.
Jury custom barrels, MK13 mod 5 profile, with Stalon Victor L suppressor.
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 scope.
Nightforce Ultralight rings.
Harris Bipod.
Leather competition sling.

Nothing yet, I believe USMCSGT0331 has two builds with him that are a few months ahead of me, as well as one more person at 26 months as of a few weeks ago. Hoping to get it by the end of summer, I've been talking this thing up to my friends for so long they probably thing i'm just making it up at this point hahaha. Unfortunately the can will have to wait to even start the paperwork until december-janurary when I move to NoVa. Since I originally was told about 9 months wait the can has been with HCS the whole time.