• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk 13 Mod 0 stock

Can someone Mod 3 pic dump to persuade me to be more patient.

I’ve got my parts just waiting to be sent out but, I’m trying to hold out for the right Smith for a Mod 3.

Attachments

• 5DCt3zF.jpg
    5DCt3zF.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 196
  • BvvXds2.jpg
    BvvXds2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 233
  • ML 7.jpg
    ML 7.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 272

G664xxxx is in the known range. Earlier serial numbers could have been used as some Mod 0s were also re-built into the Mod 5 configuration. Others know more about serial numbers. (Several Mod 5 cases sold via DRMO process this year, and perhaps some might have rifle serial numbers written on them).

Reactions: SneakyDingo1
These are known serial prefixes i pulled off photographs of cases and literature. I have seen multiples of most of these subfixes.

G655
G659
G660
G664
G683

• Love
Hey guys I got a question I have a mk13 mod 0 stock I am wanting to build, my case has c66xxx for serial on the case and I think it be cool to find a c66 serial numbered receiver, my question is are you guys actually finding these serials? The closest I have found is a c68xxxx

Hey guys I got a question I have a mk13 mod 0 stock I am wanting to build, my case has c66xxx for serial on the case and I think it be cool to find a c66 serial numbered receiver, my question is are you guys actually finding these serials? The closest I have found is a c68xxxx
i comb gunbroker. look at lots of auctions and call sellers.

USMCSGT0331, thanks for those pics, that's a crazy collection of Mk 13 stocks, and it looks like you have take-off bolts for many of them too(!).

One question/favor: In the 2nd pic of the left side of stocks, the tan stock 3rd from the top (in the 2nd column) appears to have 4 separate 'dope' cards attached to the side of the stock. My assumption is that all these rifles when in service used the Mk 248 Mod 0 ammo (190 SMK bullet), and thus I am curious about any details re dope cards on that particular stock - so any close-up pics of that particular stock's dope cards would be appreciated. It would be interesting to see if a different dope card existed for a suppressed Mk 13 (ie, Mod 3) vs an unsuppressed rifle (ie, Mod 0), or if that stock was perhaps used for testing the later Mk 248 Mod 1 ammo (circa 2009-10), or perhaps another ammo type of 300 WinMag ammo?

Fwiw, attached is the dope card on the stock I got from you last year. It shows a (presumably) 100 meter zero, with drops out to 1200 meters, which was the 'official' max effective range of Mk 248 Mod 0 ammo of the era, but the later Mk 248 Mod 1 ammo has an official effective range of 1500 meters, hence I was curious if any dope cards on that one stock got out to 1500, etc.

(Also, just curious if any Mk 13 Mod 0/3 stocks you have, or sold, had the last 4 digits '3981' or 4378' - a long shot of course, but have to ask...)

Attachments

• Dope_card_Mk_13_stock.jpg
    Dope_card_Mk_13_stock.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
USMCSGT0331, thanks for those pics, that's a crazy collection of Mk 13 stocks, and it looks like you have take-off bolts for many of them too(!).

One question/favor: In the 2nd pic of the left side of stocks, the tan stock 3rd from the top (in the 2nd column) appears to have 4 separate 'dope' cards attached to the side of the stock. My assumption is that all these rifles when in service used the Mk 248 Mod 0 ammo (190 SMK bullet), and thus I am curious about any details re dope cards on that particular stock - so any close-up pics of that particular stock's dope cards would be appreciated. It would be interesting to see if a different dope card existed for a suppressed Mk 13 (ie, Mod 3) vs an unsuppressed rifle (ie, Mod 0), or if that stock was perhaps used for testing the later Mk 248 Mod 1 ammo (circa 2009-10), or perhaps another ammo type of 300 WinMag ammo?

Just curious about all those dope cards on that one stock....thxs. (Fwiw, attached is the dope card on the stock I got from you last year. It shows a (presumably) 100 meter zero, with drops out to 1200 meters, which was the 'official' max effective range of Mk 248 Mod 0 ammo of the era, but the later Mk 248 Mod 1 ammo has an official effective range of 1500 meters, hence I was curious if any dope cards on that one stock got out to 1500, etc).

(Also, just curious if any Mk 13 Mod 0/3 stocks you have, or sold, had the last 4 digits '3981' or 4378' - a long shot of course, but have to ask...)
ill get photos of the dope cards on my stock. Also interesting you have a thick mcmillan Lop riser knob. 2 of my 3 are thin knobs and one is thick like yours.

It's finished. Rifle has issued everything except (correct range) C prefix action and the Lilja barrel. Stock/lug, bipods, slings, bolt, trigger, optic, rings etc etc.
Everything else is either issued (like the case and literature) or era appropriate(tools and cleaning supplies) Last pic is the rifle I cloned.
20201121_180921.jpg
20201121_181127.jpg
20200922_175535.jpg
received_390052828629535.png

Congrats on that project(!). Looks great with all the kit and case. Barrel color matches the original too. Well done.

Reactions: m1marty
Excellent, Marty. What are you feeding it?

Congrats on that project(!). Looks great with all the kit and case. Barrel color matches the original too. Well done.
Thank you. I'll take that as high praise coming from you. Pretty proud of this one. I had a lot of help from a few key people (some here) in putting all this together.

Last edited:
Excellent, Marty. What are you feeding it?
First range trip was a mix of Hornady 195 BTHP and contract Sig 190 OTM.
The first group on paper was sub 1/2 moa at 100. Rest was smacking steel at various distances.
I had RWS build this rifle. First time I've used him. It will not be the last. Under time, under budget and over expectations. Rifle is an absolute hammer that fed/shot/extracted flawlessly. He listened to my laundry list of wants/needs (I'm very particular about clone builds) made a few recommendations and made it happen.

Awesome build, I am just getting parts put together myself, I am looking for a Nightforce scope for my mk13 mod0 if anyone has on laying around

Fwiw, attached is the dope card on the stock I got from you last year. It shows a (presumably) 100 meter zero, with drops out to 1200 meters, which was the 'official' max effective range of Mk 248 Mod 0 ammo of the era, but the later Mk 248 Mod 1 ammo has an official effective range of 1500 meters, hence I was curious if any dope cards on that one stock got out to 1500, etc.

lTXw9oU.jpg

jjDrO8w.jpg

This one doesn't have dope cards for suppressed vs unsuppressed. I'm not sure if dope cards like that were on any of these stocks, I never looked at them that closely. Most of the dope cards on these stocks are labeled .300wm, but a few are labeled Mk13. I assume the ones with Mk13 labeled dope cards are from later guns, since they apparently gave these rifle the Mk13 designation later in the Mod 0 program. If that's the case, the later Mod 3 stock could say Mk13 on the dope cards, just an idea for you to check out.

Stocks like this one had some interesting dope cards, this one has a holds card that was probably very useful for the SEAL sniper in a target rich environment. Dial for 300 or 800 yards/meters/whatever (depending on how far your group of targets are) and then hold accordingly to hit targets within a 400 or 500 yard/meter/whatever span. I also sold a stock with a very unique dope card, it was literally a printed out graph with the bullets trajectory, I think someone on this forum might have that stock.

If you're going to determine the exact type of Mk248 ammo used, hopefully people can post their original dope cards here for you to analyze. I'd really like to know what type of ammo each of my stocks used, so your help in providing detailed information on these is greatly appreciated! This stock has dope going out to 1,500, so based on the max effective range in your post, this could be Mod 1 ammo.

This is the only stock I know of that is a match to an original Mod 3 bolt, I recently sold it to a friend who's friend owns the bolt. I'd love to see pics of the stock and bolt united after all these years, hopefully he'll provide some photos! Unfortunately it doesn't have any dope cards, so we miss out on some of the history you're trying to piece together.

K9dDTnj.jpg

fnedKGp.jpg

hDHdSJV.jpg

Last edited:
RWS is obviously good to go when it comes to these rifles. Done ahead of schedule, competitive price / as discussed, hit my "to do" list, nailed the trigger, and the rifle is a total tack driver - even with cheap deer killers. Was even waiting at home for a few months until I was back from contract work.

Came out just perfect!

B prefix, Lilja with bead blast finish, basic Mod 0 clone minus Silencerco ASR muzzle / Hybrid. Had a NXS with a matching green paint job from Mile High, but sold that a long while ago. Vortex Viper 4-16 was only decent spare I had not mounted and works for time being.

Still trying ammo, but did great with 165 Federal Fusion and 195 Browning Long Range / Sierras did alright. Have 180 Fusions and some 150 Win deer loads to try - tough to find much of anything at the moment on the shelves.

Havent reloaded in ages and was never doing magnum loads beforehand, but hopefully when components come back around I can work something up.

Very happy though, took it out to 500yd with minimal work.

1.1.JPG

2.2.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 55
RWS is obviously good to go when it comes to these rifles. Done ahead of schedule, competitive price / as discussed, hit my "to do" list, nailed the trigger, and the rifle is a total tack driver - even with cheap deer killers. Was even waiting at home for a few months until I was back from contract work.

Came out just perfect!

B prefix, Lilja with bead blast finish, basic Mod 0 clone minus Silencerco ASR muzzle / Hybrid. Had a NXS with a matching green paint job from Mile High, but sold that a long while ago. Vortex Viper 4-16 was only decent spare I had not mounted and works for time being.

Still trying ammo, but did great with 165 Federal Fusion and 195 Browning Long Range / Sierras did alright. Have 180 Fusions and some 150 Win deer loads to try - tough to find much of anything at the moment on the shelves.

Havent reloaded in ages and was never doing magnum loads beforehand, but hopefully when components come back around I can work something up.

Very happy though, took it out to 500yd with minimal work.

Congratulations it turned out very nice! I'm glad that you got your parts back and RWS built you a great rifle 🍻

Load for it was mk248 which is just Federal Gold Metal Match 300WM with 190gr SMKs. Federal or HSM should both work fine.

Edit: I though these might be easier to find. Guess not...

Last edited:
Can anyone here confirm if the Mod 0’s or Mod 3’s with MIRS rail ever had a low-light role overseas? I’m questioning if there was actually enough real estate on the MIRS for a PVS22 or 27?

Assuming their primary role was specifically daytime ops with extended sunshade?

Can anyone here confirm if the Mod 0’s or Mod 3’s with MIRS rail ever had a low-light role overseas? I’m questioning if there was actually enough real estate on the MIRS for a PVS22 or 27?

Assuming their primary role was specifically daytime ops with extended sunshade?
PVS 22s were definitely used.

Appreciate it! Just seems every setup online or in a book barely has any real estate available past some of the larger NF setups. Possibly the PVS22 ran mostly with the Leupy’s.
I have a lot of serial number data from the mid to late 2000s, and Mk13s and PVS22s were definitely issued at the same time. No 27s on the East Coast books during that timeframe.
Also, some of these original kits with painted rails that the paint clearly disturbed on the forward section where a PVS22 would have been mounted. Plenty of room with the NF sunshade removed.

Last edited:

my pvs27 mounts up fine with the sunshade removed off the nxs.

Possibly the PVS22 ran mostly with the Leupy’s

Yep. My understanding is that Crane provided a contract for 600 systems around 2004 for the following items:

600 McCann MIRS rails
600 Universal Night Sights (UNS) aka AN/PVS-22
600 Leupold Mk 4, 3.5-10x40mm scopes

These were initially for SOCOM (Ranger Regiment and SF groups) who got these for their M24s. Soon thereafter the Navy procured the McCann rails for the 'M700/300 WinMag sniper rifles' which apparently became the Mk 13 Mod 0/1s when the rails were standardized. My understanding is that the system with the PVS-22 was designed for the Leupold MK 4 scopes, at least back in the 2004 time period. Not sure about the timeline re PVS-27 and prospective use on Mk 13s, as the NF scopes are a bit longer than the Leupold, so I will will defer to others regarding that topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: teufelhunden
Wish I could have kept that one! Glad it went to a good home.
Sometimes things just dont time out right. Glad you kept a few others and excited to see when yours start coming back. I mailed one out to RWS a few weeks ago, the stock I got at the same time you originally got the one above, and have been staging my other few to go out. Just been getting the last touches on everything.

Sometimes things just dont time out right. Glad you kept a few others and excited to see when yours start coming back. I mailed one out to RWS a few weeks ago, the stock I got at the same time you originally got the one above, and have been staging my other few to go out. Just been getting the last touches on everything.
I think I'm more excited for some of yours to get finished than my own. Can't wait to see the latest!