• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk 13 Mod 0 stock

Top mk13 stock has (gray gel coat painted tan) and gray mk13 stock have a very soft foam like covering on them. The tan gel coat mk13 has the traditional harder neoprene type rubber, and here is a early gray SSR with gray rubber covering.

Attachments

• PXL_20210224_190148886.jpg
    PXL_20210224_190148886.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 238
  • PXL_20210224_190449227.jpg
    PXL_20210224_190449227.jpg
    566.4 KB · Views: 168
  • PXL_20210224_190211857.jpg
    PXL_20210224_190211857.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: Random Guy
I have one screw that I bought from mcmillan about 4 or 5 years ago that fits that description.
thats the screw. same one on the mk15 kits and off one of my painted mk13's. I wondered if a batch got the thinner knob or if it was just taken off something else.

Here is a pics of the correct thumb screws for the mk13, SSR and early DMR. As far as I know mcmillan has not had any more of the correct screws in a long time. I have quite a few extra surplus ones that I would be willing to sell.
Many thanks! PM sent.

Is that bottom AI long action? And if so is that to indicate the FA762SS is rated for 300wm and there were spec'd builds with so?
I dont have any info on that gun other than the mod 5 in that photo is a seal gun and the photo was taken in africa.

You’re missing a lot of the cleaning kit items, flexible chamber cleaning tool, bore guide, screwdriver kit, combination tool, desiccant pack, manual, cleaning rod.

Attachments

• 9D31B1A5-FC98-45D1-80A4-8186C3AA14B4.jpeg
    9D31B1A5-FC98-45D1-80A4-8186C3AA14B4.jpeg
    623.3 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: camocorvette
Is that bottom AI long action? And if so is that to indicate the FA762SS is rated for 300wm and there were spec'd builds with so?
It has 3 ports so it's Surefires 338 brake for the FA338SS suppressor.

I was told by Surefire sometime ago that the FA762SS is rated up to a standard magnum like 300 win mag.

Reactions: ilikebmxbikes
What goes in the cutout opposite end of the Fat wrench screwdriver kit.

I've not seen a actual pic of the fat wrench screwdriver kit in a issued case either.Does anyone have a good pic of a actual deployment case with all the accessories intact.

We have seen the entire fat wrench box like @USMCsean has in his case and also loose wrenches in tool kit bags with the bits inside the small 'medicine' container. We have seen the early FatWrenches with male heads and the later female head wrenches in kits.

Reactions: 0812guns
Fwiw, here's a random factoid re a minor hardware change on the early McMillan A2 stocks for the Navy "M700/300" rifles circa 1995....the original cheek pieces were gray to match the stock, not the black color pad that they have used for the past 20 years or so. Not sure when that changed and maybe it was just for that initial order by Crane for gray A2 stocks, but just an random observation. (Part of me wants to clone the original flavor)

One of my kits came with this cheek riser - its just metal painted grey. Not sure if its from one of the early early greys or someone just pulled the pad off and sprayed it at some point.

signal-2021-03-01-111941.jpeg
signal-2021-03-01-112033.jpeg
signal-2021-03-01-112045.jpeg

One of my kits came with this cheek riser - its just metal painted grey. Not sure if its from one of the early early greys or someone just pulled the pad off and sprayed it at some point.
Thanks for that pic, given the grey paint looks like it was professionally applied - its smooth and I don't see any residual adhesive that was simply painted over, my guess is that cheek piece is probably an early original part. Perhaps painted grey by McMillan Stocks back in the mid-1990s for the original Crane order. Neat.

Fwiw, attached pic appears to be dated Aug 1998 (ST 6 weapons), and it appears to show the cheek piece camo pattern painted exactly like the rifle, which suggests to me it was likely a bare aluminum cheek piece, since paint will typically not adhere to a rubber/neoprene surface in such a uniform way as seen in that pic. (The above pic with a painted rubberized cheek piece shows how the paint didn't stick well or has rubbed off the curved, rubberized surface). I don't know when McMillan added the rubberized/neoprene material to the cheek piece. Just an random observation re the earliest M700/300 stocks...

Attachments

• Mk 13 1998 ST6.jpg
    Mk 13 1998 ST6.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
My first of four Mk13 mod 0's just came home from @RWSGunsmithing . I have been collecting parts for these rifles for a while now and am completely blown away seeing the first one together and Robert's work is clean as always. He really went the extra mile on this one to preserve the original parts and seamlessly blend his work in there. Roberts done a few rifles for me and I strongly recommend him. I am very excited to see the next few rifles when they get completed.

The rifle features an authentic stock, mirs, L lug, trigger, scope rings, and optic.
IMG_3244.JPG
IMG_3246.JPG
IMG_3247.JPG
IMG_3249.JPG
IMG_3250.JPG
IMG_3252.JPG
IMG_3253.JPG
IMG_3254.JPG

Last edited:
My first of four Mk13 mod 0's just came home from @RWSGunsmithing . I have been collecting parts for these rifles for a while now and am completely blown away seeing the first one together and Robert's work is clean as always. He really went the extra mile on this one to preserve the original parts and seamlessly blend his work in there. Roberts done a few rifles for me and I strongly recommend him. I am very excited to see the next few rifles when they get completed.

The rifle features an authentic stock, mirs, L lug, trigger, scope rings, and optic.

Congrats - nothing quite like new rifle day.

Robert built my Mod 5 - he's the best.

EDIT: that looks great man - beautiful rifle.

Last edited:
Curious to see the build. I’ll probably be sending a build or two to him this year as well
updated the post with photos. Roberts doing my 3x mod 0's and 1x mod 3 and RedBull is doing all of my mod 5's, 7, 2. Have so many builds I want to spread them out.

Thanks for that pic, given the grey paint looks like it was professionally applied - its smooth and I don't see any residual adhesive that was simply painted over, my guess is that cheek piece is probably an early original part. Perhaps painted grey by McMillan Stocks back in the mid-1990s for the original Crane order. Neat.

Fwiw, attached pic appears to be dated Aug 1998 (ST 6 weapons), and it appears to show the cheek piece camo pattern painted exactly like the rifle, which suggests to me it was likely a bare aluminum cheek piece, since paint will typically not adhere to a rubber/neoprene surface in such a uniform way as seen in that pic. (The above pic with a painted rubberized cheek piece shows how the paint didn't stick well or has rubbed off the curved, rubberized surface). I don't know when McMillan added the rubberized/neoprene material to the cheek piece. Just an random observation re the earliest M700/300 stocks...

I never noticed the differences between cheek risers until you mentioned this. The two stocks I have are different as well. The one on top is bare aluminum and the one below has neoprene pad.

Also interesting to note the different lengths of butt pad spacers just posted on this page alone

44271382-EAFD-4A30-BF16-AF4E5EBD9106.png

Anyone have a Mod5/7 recoil lug they are willing to get rid of?

Might have to resort to buying an A6 lug and having it ground to .250"

Anyone have a Mod5/7 recoil lug they are willing to get rid of?

Might have to resort to buying an A6 lug and having it ground to .250"
Who are you planning on getting to build your rifle?

@teufelhunden @mallen45

I do my own work. Recoil lug surface grinding I'd have to outsource but theres a place 10 minutes from me that can do it. LRI will also (hopefully) be matching the muzzle to my suppressor once its released from jail. I'm confident in my work but that I feel should be left to Chads abilities.

With a return stock, case and snagging an unused G658 action I'm hoping to keep it as correct as I can. I can swap a non NAV Spec scope easily, swapping in a correct lug later on is a bit harder. Hoping to get the correct one but keeping options open.

Here are photos of a mod 5 lug if you are looking for reference when fabricating one.

Attachments

• IMG_3263.JPG
    IMG_3263.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3265.JPG
    IMG_3265.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3264.JPG
    IMG_3264.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 71
That is impressive. Thanks for those pics....I like the markings on the suppressor too "MK11-0". (That platform is apparently where they came from).

Fwiw, here's a random factoid re a minor hardware change on the early McMillan A2 stocks for the Navy "M700/300" rifles circa 1995....the original cheek pieces were gray to match the stock, not the black color pad that they have used for the past 20 years or so. Not sure when that changed and maybe it was just for that initial order by Crane for gray A2 stocks, but just an random observation. (Part of me wants to clone the original flavor)
Underneath the neoprene, this cheek piece is painted the same color grey as the stock.

Attachments

• 0311211444_HDR.jpg
    0311211444_HDR.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 0311211443.jpg
    0311211443.jpg
    678.9 KB · Views: 86
Neat stock, that’s going to be a very unique retro “M700/300” build. (I almost talked myself into that same stock after our buddy sent me pics, but of course I still need my Mod 3 built, so I’m glad you got it and removed the temptation...). Please post pics when it’s done.

That is impressive. Thanks for those pics....I like the markings on the suppressor too "MK11-0". (That platform is apparently where they came from).
Yes, that’s a low serial # Vero Beach suppressor that came with a MK11 deployment kit I acquired a couple years ago. The deployment kit was unfired and came from a fallen Team member’s personal estate.

Reactions: ilikebmxbikes
Here are my remington mod 5's. These are Army Builds. I was fortunate to get the original paired mars rails. Both rifles have issued Army mk13 optics with 1moa per click a191 turrets. One is a 3.5-15x50mm 'Army-Spec' (F2) and the other is a 'USASFC' 5.5-22x56mm with the used Larue Rings it was fielded with.

IMG_3321.JPG
IMG_3315.JPG

IMG_3312.JPG
IMG_3318.JPG
IMG_3320.JPG
IMG_3322.JPG
IMG_3323.JPG
IMG_3319.JPG

Here are my remington mod 5's. These are Army Builds. I was fortunate to get the original paired mars rails. Both rifles have issued Army mk13 optics with 1moa per click a191 turrets. One is a 3.5-15x50mm 'Army-Spec' (F2) and the other is a 'USASFC' 5.5-22x56mm with the used Larue Rings it was fielded with.

View attachment 7580417View attachment 7580419
View attachment 7580420View attachment 7580421View attachment 7580422View attachment 7580423View attachment 7580424View attachment 7580426
Holy Fuq!!

• Haha
Reactions: sandwarrior
TM2 - likley 'Team 2'

Really nice color on your skins. Did you hit up mile high to get replacement parts to complete the buttstock?

TM2 - likley 'Team 2'

Really nice color on your skins. Did you hit up mile high to get replacement parts to complete the buttstock?

Yea, thoroughbred actually got a replacement and sent it since it was supposed to at least be complete. They are pretty dark, void of any paint to! Thought that was interesting.

I figured team 2 but not sure what branch would mark like that. If it was seals I'd expect ST2, not sure if MARSOC or rangers have a team 2? Could be wrong and it is seals, just hoping someone knows so I can get it as close as I can to how it lived its life.

Yea, thoroughbred actually got a replacement and sent it since it was supposed to at least be complete. They are pretty dark, void of any paint to! Thought that was interesting.

I figured team 2 but not sure what branch would mark like that. If it was seals I'd expect ST2, not sure if MARSOC or rangers have a team 2? Could be wrong and it is seals, just hoping someone knows so I can get it as close as I can to how it lived its life.
Most likely it was from Seal Team 2's armory. That would be the command and not the platoon or task unit name. Not a lot to go off of otherwise.

Last edited:
I'm also in the process of building a MK13 Mod0 like we assigned to our team when I was in the service. I bought the very last A2 McMillan made and it showed up with an Anschutz rail in it. Not super excited about that, I think I'm going to end up sending it back to McMillan for a refund. I have the MIRS rail and an old Remington Action. Eventually I'll source an A2, if any of you guys have or know of one for sale let me know.

Attachments

• 25608~2.jpeg
    25608~2.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 160
Thank you for your service, and for posting that picture. Might I ask what year? (perhaps 2004/05?) Question re this sentence:
I bought the very last A2 McMillan made and it showed up with an Anschutz rail in it. Not super excited about that, I think I'm going to end up sending it back to McMillan for a refund
Does the rail look like this one? If so, it's correct. (This is an early grey M700/300 stock used by Crane on all of the Mk 13 Mod 0/1s).
Early_gray_M700M300_stock_bottom.jpg

...so a picture would be great. The unique/trick part of the Mk 13s Mod 0/1 was the 'L' shaped recoil lug, and you can see where the '3rd action screw' fits into the lug b/t the bottom metal and the back of the rail.

Last edited: